CELERIAC, CELERY AND CARROT REMOULADE
When I lived in France I discovered céleri rémoulade, the creamy grated salad made with celery root, mayonnaise or crème fraîche, or both, and mustard. It was a dish I always ordered when I saw it on café menus, and brought home from French delis on a regular basis. This is inspired by the French salad, but it is not quite as creamy (or gloppy). However you can make it more so if you wish just by adding more crème fraîche, yogurt (healthier), or mayonnaise.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place celeriac, carrots and celery in a bowl or colander and salt generously. Toss and leave for 30 minutes. Taking mixture up by the handful, squeeze out excess water and transfer to a bowl. Add chives and parsley and toss together.
- Whisk together crème fraîche, mayonnaise, grapeseed oil, yogurt, lemon juice and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to the vegetables and toss together. Serve right away or for even better results, refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 165, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 480 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CELERIAC & CARROT REMOULADE
- Put the vegetables in a large bowl with the dill. Mix the mayo and lemon juice and season well, before mixing thoroughly into the veg. Will keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.63 milligram of sodium
CARROT & CELERIAC REMOULADE
Per serving: 90 calories, 5.3g fat, 0.7g saturates, 8.0g sugars, 1.1g salt. For more carrot recipes visit www.britishcarrots.co.uk
Provided by mustardcomms
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Coarsely grate the carrots and celeriac. Place in a bowl, add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and parsley, then fold into the grated vegetables until well mixed. Season with plenty of ground black pepper and serve chilled.
- This is the hard part: trim the celeriac. You must be fearless and ruthless, but conservative. Cut off the top of the less squiggly end, and then cut down along the sides, following the contour of the root and taking as little of the flesh as possible. You will find much of the bottom part comes off more easily than you'd imagine. When you're nearly done, use a paring knife to trim out as much of the brown skin as you can - but don't worry if you leave a few bits. Julienne by hand (you're a better man than I, if you do!) or with the grating disk of a food processor, which will take no time at all. Sprinkle with a little salt and put into a serving bowl.
- To make the mayonnaise in the food processor: Put the egg, mustard, salt, pepper and acid in a food processor (preferably with a small bowl) and turn on the machine. While it's running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream. (Most food processors have a hole in the feed tube for this purpose; you can just dump all the oil in the feed tube. Amazing.)
- To make the mayonnaise by hand: Put the egg, mustard, salt, pepper and acid in a medium bowl. Beat together with a wire whisk or a fork. Begin to add the oil in dribbles as you beat, adding more as each amount is incorporated. You'll notice when a thick emulsion forms, then you can add the remaining oil a little faster. Depending on how fast you beat, the whole process will take about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. For this dish, the mayonnaise should be a little thin, so add a tablespoon or 2 of water, again with the machine running or whisking by hand. Use immediately or refrigerate for about a week.
- Combine the julienned celeriac with enough mayonnaise to bind; you won't use the whole cup. Stir in some parsley and garnish with a little more. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 282, UnsaturatedFat 23 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 215 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "carrot celeriac remoulade recipes"
CELERIAC REMOULADE WITH CARROTS - CHEZ LE RêVE FRANçAIS
5/5 (23)Total Time 15 minsCategory Salad, Side DishPublished 2019-08-16
CELERIAC, CELERY AND CARROT REMOULADE RECIPE | RECIPE | VEGETARIAN ...
CARROT AND CELERIAC REMOULADE - ANNALICOURTNUTRITION.CO.UK
LOW CARB FRENCH CELERIAC REMOULADE - QUEENKETO.COM
CARROT AND CELERIAC REMOULADE | CELERIAC RECIPES, DELICIOUS SALADS ...
VEGETABLE REMOULADE RECIPE WITH PAN-FRIED TROUT FILLET
CELERIAC & CARROT REMOULADE | RECIPE | VEGETARIAN SALADS, CELERIAC ...
CELERIAC AND CARROT REMOULADE - REKHA'S GARDEN AND KITCHEN
CARROT & CELERIAC REMOULADE RECIPE
CARROT AND CELERIAC SOUP - FOOD TO GLOW
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | CELERIAC--CARROT-REMOULADE …
CLASSIC FRENCH CELERY ROOT REMOULADE - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
MARY BERRY'S CELERIAC REMOULADE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FESTIVE CELERIAC AND CARROT ROSTI CAKE WITH REMOULADE …
CELERY ROOT AND CARROT REMOULADE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
10 BEST CELERIAC SLAW RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CELERIAC & CARROT REMOULADE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CELERIAC AND CARROT REMOULADE RECIPE (LOW FAT) - YOUTUBE
EASY CELERIAC REMOULADE SALAD | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
NIGEL SLATER'S CLASSIC CELERIAC REMOULADE RECIPE - THE GUARDIAN
QUICK CELERIAC AND CARROT REMOULADE - MARTINKA'S KITCHEN
SEA BASS WITH CELERIAC & CARROT REMOULADE
CELERIAC REMOULADE - THE PERFECT FRENCH ALTERNATIVE TO COLESLAW …
CREAMY & TANGY VEGAN CELERIAC REMOULADE - THE VEGAN LARDER
QUICK COURGETTE CARROT AND CELERIAC REMOULADE - MARISSA'S …
EASY CELERIAC REMOULADE - COOK VEGGIELICIOUS
CELERIAC REMOULADE WITH CARROTS [VEGAN] - THE FLEXITARIAN
CELERIAC & CARROT REMOULADE | RECIPE | CELERIAC RECIPES, RECIPES ...
CELERIAC REMOULADE - A SPECIALITY SALAD OF FRANCE • THE INSPIRATION …
CELERIAC REMOULADE RECIPE
CARROT CELERIAC REMOULADE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CARROT AND CELERY REMOULADE RECIPE BY KATE CARLESS - COOKPAD
CELERIAC & CARROT REMOULADE - BBC GOOD FOOD MIDDLE EAST
FRANGLAIS: CARROT AND CELERIAC SLAW | FRENCH REVOLUTION
CARROT AND CELERIAC RéMOULADE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPE: CELERIAC RéMOULADE SALAD — THE COMMUNITY CARROT
CARROT AND CELERIAC SALAD - SEARCHING FOR SPICE
CAROTTES RâPéES & CELERIAC REMOULADE | BOROUGH MARKET
CELERIAC REMOULADE - VEGETABLES
CELERIAC REMOULADE – OTTAWA FARM FRESH
CELERIAC REMOULADE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
EASY CELERIAC REMOULADE - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
You'll also love