CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS
This play on traditional tater tots swaps in cauliflower and carrot for the usual potato, adding a sweet, vegetal flavor and a good dose of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins. The baked method might be easier (and slightly healthier), but the super-crispy fried method is more finger-licking good. Either way, these tots are the perfect party snack.
Provided by Katherine Sacks
Yield Makes 34
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pulse carrots and cauliflower in a food processor (or grate carrot on smallest holes and cauliflower on largest holes of a box grater) until rice-like in texture. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. oil and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high 3 minutes. Carefully remove plastic wrap and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix cheeses, garlic, chives, pepper, 1/2 cup panko, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Stir in carrot mixture until well combined.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Using your hands, roll tablespoonfuls of carrot mixture into tater-tot shapes. Transfer to prepared sheet, then chill at least 10 minutes.
- Place flour in a shallow baking dish. Mix remaining 1 cup panko and 4 Tbsp. oil in another shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Working in batches, toss tots in flour, then dredge in egg, shaking off excess, then coat in panko mixture. Return to baking sheet and chill at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- To Bake:
- Arrange a rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray, then transfer tots to rack. Bake tots until deep golden brown and cheese is melted (check by piercing a tot with a paring knife), 22-25 minutes. Serve immediately with ketchup.
- To Fry:
- For extra-crispy tots, fill a large, deep-sided skillet with 1" vegetable oil and heat over medium to 350°F. Working in batches, fry tots, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined platter or baking sheet. Serve immediately with ketchup.
- Do Ahead
- Tot mixture can be formed but not breaded 1 day ahead; cover loosely with plastic and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled.
- Chop cauliflower finely until it is the size of rice grains.
- Measure out 2 cups cauliflower "rice" into a large bowl. Add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, egg white, parsley flakes, minced onion, salt, and black pepper. Form into 30 small logs. Arrange on the lined baking sheet; spray with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the bottom, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and spray with cooking spray. Continue baking until lightly browned on the other side, 8 to 9 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.9 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 36.9 mg, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 8.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 257.7 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
5-INGREDIENT BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS
Skip the spuds and ditch the deep-fryer in favor of this quick and healthy recipe for 5-Ingredient Baked Cauliflower Tots. Potato-less cauliflower tots, a.k.a. a veggie-packed, slightly cheesy, absolutely easy alternative to the traditional finger food we all know and love. Aside from being the ultimate way to sneak veggies into any meal, cauliflower tots have many redeeming qualities: They're made with only five ingredients. Sweet! They're baked, rather than fried. They're a (nearly) starch-free side dish or snack. Suddenly craving cauliflower? Preheat your oven, grab the veggies and feel free to fancify these tots by tossing in fresh herbs or spices for added zing. Then all that's left to do is dip and dunk in your choice of sauces, from ketchup to roasted garlic aioli and beyond. Phew. An entire post about tots and not a single "Napoleon Dynamite" reference. (Now give me some of your tots!)
Provided by Kelly Senyei
Yield 35 tots
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a nonstick baking sheet generously with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets to the water and cook just until fork tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Thoroughly drain the florets, then transfer them to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the cauliflower for a few seconds just until it breaks down into small pieces (about the size of grains of rice). (Do not overmix the cauliflower or the mixture will be too wet to form.)
- Measure out 3 packed cups of the cauliflower and add it to a large bowl. Stir in the onion (see Cook's Note), Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing until thoroughly combined. (The mixture should be roughly the consistency of mashed potatoes.)
- Using your hands, scoop up 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture and mold it into a tater tot shape. Place it on the prepared baking sheet, then repeat the shaping process with the remaining mixture, spacing the tots about 1 inch apart. Spray the tops with cooking spray for a little extra crunch.
- Bake the tots for 20 minutes, then flip them and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until crisped. Remove and serve with ketchup or your preferred dipping sauce.
ROASTED CARROTS AND CAULIFLOWER WITH THYME
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine carrots, cauliflower, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a roasting pan; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil, stir vegetables, and continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes more. Toss vegetables with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.6 g, Cholesterol 11.7 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 672.9 mg, Sugar 6 g
CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Aggressively season it with salt. Blanch the cauliflower in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and finely chop the cooked cauliflower.
- In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower, egg, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, and salt. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Shape the mixture into tot shapes and spread them evenly on the sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Flip and then bake for an additional 10 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492 calories, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 29 grams, Sugar 5 grams
More about "cauliflower carrot cheesy tots recipes"
GARLICKY & CHEESY CARROTS AND CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE
5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory SidesCalories 37 per serving
CHEESY CARROT CAULIFLOWER TOTS - SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
Servings 30Total Time 55 mins
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet liberally with cooking spray. I used a silicon baking mat but I still sprayed it so that the bottoms of the tots would get crispy.
- Put the cauliflower, onion, garlic, and carrots in a food processor and pulse several times to chop everything up fine. Put in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir, then microwave another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until well mixed, then the egg white, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs and seasonings. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- To shape the tots: scoop up some of the mixture with a Tablespoon measure, gently roll the mixture into your hand and then shape into a “tot” shape. Set on the prepared pan. Finish until all the mixture is used up, then spray the tots liberally with cooking spray.
WATCH CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS | EPICURIOUS
CHEDDAR CHEESE CAULIFLOWER TOTS - I AM A FOOD BLOG
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS FOR TODDLERS & KIDS - MILAN'S MAMA
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS – GOING MY WAYZ
EASY TO MAKE CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS | KETO RECIPES
10 BEST BAKED CAULIFLOWER BROCCOLI AND CARROTS RECIPES - YUMMLY
CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHEDDAR PARMESAN CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS - MIND OVER …
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS - JO COOKS
EASY CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE - WHOLESOME YUM
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS - DIABETES FOOD HUB
CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS - BOBBI'S KOZY KITCHEN
BAKED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE MUFFINS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CAULIFLOWER CARROT CHEESY TOTS FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
BEEF CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
STUPID-EASY RECIPE FOR CHEESY BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS (#1 TOP …
EASY BAKED KETO CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS - CANADIAN BUDGET BINDER
CAULIFLOWER & CARROT TOTS | FINGER FOOD | ANNABEL KARMEL
CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS | RECIPE | FOOD, SUPER BOWL FOOD ...
CHEESY BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS - COOK WITH RENU
EASY CHEESY BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS - MASTERCOOK
GARLICKY & CHEESY CARROTS AND CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE | DIETHOOD
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS - YOUTUBE
BACON CHEDDAR CAULIFLOWER TOTS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS | RECIPE | TODDLER FINGER FOODS, …
CHEESY BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPES/CAULIFLOWER-CARROT-CHEESY-TOTS.JSON AT MASTER - GITHUB.COM
RECIPE: CHEESY BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS - SWEETNICKS
CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS | RECIPE | CHEESY TOTS RECIPE, …
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER MUFFINS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS | CABOT CREAMERY
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TATER TOT RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CARROTS - FORK IN THE ROAD
CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE EASY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SIMPLE RECIPES CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY "TATER" TOTS RECIPE
CAULIFLOWER-CARROT CHEESY TOTS | SNACK - VEGETARIAN
You'll also love