EASY CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE
Ceviche can be made with vegetables for a vegan variation. In this Mexican recipe cauliflower, carrots, and tomatoes are used. Serve on tostadas or with crackers. [Recipe originally submitted to Allrecipes.com.mx]
Provided by Lourdes Gutierrez
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Seafood Ceviche Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam for 7 minutes. Let cool and finely chop.
- Place chopped cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Pour lime juice on top and season with salt. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve garnished with avocado slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89.4 calories, Carbohydrate 13.4 g, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 73 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE | THE BEST VEGAN CEVICHE RECIPE
This no fish ceviche is so delicious you won't be able to stop eating it! Serve it as an appetizer for a party or enjoy it as a light and refreshing Mexican meal. You can pair it with an ice-cold drink for the most amazing warm-weather meal.
Provided by Nancy Lopez-McHugh & MexicanMadeMeatless.com
Categories Appetizer Main Course Snack
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower and then carefully separate the individual florets from the upper part of the stem. You can save the hard stems for stock or composting. Chop the small florets into small odd shaped pieces but that are still similar in size.
- Bring about 6 cups of water to the boil, add some salt then carefully drop in the bits of chopped cauliflower and parboil or blanch for about 3 to 4 minutes. You want it to have soften a bit but not turn completely soft and mushy. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large glass mixing bowl add the rinsed cauliflower bits, then begin mixing in the onion, garlic if using, the chile peppers, wakame, and salt until well combined. Then add the chopped tomatoes and mix to combine. Next, add the cilantro and again mix, lastly add the lime juice and mix well. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After marinating taste and if needed adjust the seasoning as desired. Serve as an appetizer with corn chips or saltine crackers or with tostadas. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 616 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
My 87-year-old mom showed me how to make this delicious vegetarian recipe that tastes so much like seafood ceviche. I often serve it with crackers on the side. -Beatriz Barranco, El Paso, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 5-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain and pat dry. Meanwhile, stir together ketchup and orange juice., In a large bowl, combine cauliflower with tomatoes and onion. Add ketchup mixture, cilantro, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour., Stir in avocado cubes. If desired, serve with lemon wedges, tortilla chip scoops and hot pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 387mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
A healthy ceviche - a perfect appetizer for parties and gatherings. And guests won't even know it's vegan!
Provided by Selina P.
Yield 3 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place cauliflower in a pot with one inch of salted water, and allow to steam, approximately 5 minute Cauliflower is ready when it gently slides off a fork when stabbed.
- Allow cauliflower to cool. While cauliflower is cooling, add chopped onion to a bowl of salted water. Allow to soak 5 minutes, then drain.
- Give cauliflower a rough chop to create small pieces, about the size of a dime. It's okay if there are different sized pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze juice of 6 limes over mixture and mix well.
- Add chopped cilantro, drained onions, chopped jalapeño, salt, pepper, and cumin to bowl. Blend well.
- Allow mixture to cool in the refrigerator and allow the flavors to mingle if desired. Otherwise, ready to eat immediately!
- Ceviche can be served alongside corn tortilla chips or on a tostada.
- Optional serving suggestion: Add guacamole to the tostada (as pictured) or add chipotle mayo to the tostada before adding the ceviche for a kick. Optional serving suggestion: Add guacamole to the tostada (as pictured) or add chipotle mayo to the tostada before adding the ceviche for a kick.
On the hottest summer days, this is the dish to make because it requires zero cooking. A quick marinade of lemon juice, seaweed and fresh vegetables sets up a flavorful, no-fuss ceviche that tastes like the sea despite having no seafood in it. Store-bought minced or "riced" cauliflower won't work for this dish. You have to start by grating or mincing a fresh whole head of cauliflower - that extra step will be more than worth the work it requires. ¡Buen provecho!
Provided by Jocelyn Ramirez
Categories vegetables, appetizer, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Grate the cauliflower against the large holes of a grater, rotating to grate all the florets and stopping at the core. Alternatively, cut off the florets then mince with a knife or pulse in a food processor until it resembles a riced texture.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl and add the serrano chile, lemon juice, olive oil, nori, wakame, liquid aminos and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Season again to taste; it should be slightly salty. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, add the avocados, tomato, cucumber and cilantro, and mix well. Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve over tostadas or with tortilla chips, with lemon wedges, salt and hot sauce.
More about "cauliflower ceviche recipes"
EASY CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
VEGETARIAN CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - CELINE'S RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
ANNA JONES’ MEXICAN TACO AND QUESADILLA RECIPES | FOOD | THE …
OUR TOP 12 CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - CENTER FOR NUTRITION STUDIES
LANDLOCKED CEVICHE - FORKS OVER KNIVES
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
EASY CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - MEXICAN APPETIZERS AND MORE!
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE « DORA'S TABLE
EASY CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - CEVICHE RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE | CUESA
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE (CEVICHE DE COLIFLOR) - WEST OF THE LOOP
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE | VEGAN CEVICHE RECIPE | CHOSEN FOODS
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - SOUTH AMERICAN RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE ~ ORIGINAL RECIPE FROM ~YES, MORE PLEASE!
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - DHERBS, INC.
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE RECIPE - CLEAN PLATES
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER "CEVICHE" - KATIE AUSTIN
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - TAJIN
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE RECIPE
MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - THYME & LOVE
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE | CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - ALTERNATIVE DISH
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - TOMATO SALSA RECIPES
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - VEGGIES SAVE THE DAY
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - YUM TASTE
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - CENTER FOR NUTRITION STUDIES
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - ROCK AND VEGAN
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE (GLUTEN FREE) - THE ADVENTURE CHEFS
VEGAN AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - ADRIANA'S BEST RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE TOSTADAS - MEXICAN APPETIZERS AND MORE!
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - BAKE YOUR DAY
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE NOBODY WILL DISCOVER THAT THE CEVICHE IS NOT …
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE – CULINARY ORACLE
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - COMMON THREADS
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE WITH CRAB - THE PERFECT CEVICHE FOR LENT - VIDA …
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE RECIPE — MY SWEET RECIPES
EASY CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE TACOS - PERFECT TACO TUESDAY RECIPE
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE TOSTADAS - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE - CITYLIFESTYLE.COM
CAULIFLOWER CEVICHE | ORDINARY GIRL, EXTRAORDINARY WORLD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #vegetables #mexican #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #low-cholesterol #healthy-2 #low-in-something #cauliflower
You'll also love