- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cover the saucepan with a lid and steam cauliflower until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Whisk flour into melted butter; cook, stirring constantly until raw flour taste cooks off and mixture darkens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually whisk milk into butter mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes. Remove pot from heat; stir in Cheddar cheese. Season sauce with salt and white pepper.
- Stir steamed cauliflower into cheese sauce; season with salt and white pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 633.8 calories, Carbohydrate 37.3 g, Cholesterol 129.4 mg, Fat 43.9 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 27.7 g, Sodium 719 mg, Sugar 16.7 g
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SINFUL!!!
This traditional British dish has cauliflower that is steamed till soft but I brought it an other level and roasted it first. Using Recipe #106251 PLEASE PLEASE don't eat the roasted cauliflower before making the final dish. You may want to double the roasting part so you and anyone the inhales the aroma from the kitchen can munch on it, till the final product is done. Don't stop at rosemary! if you enjoy herbs as I do, do add all 4 parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme as Simon & Garfunkel sang....
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Prepare Cauliflower:.
- Mix oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic together.
- Toss in cauliflower and place in a large casserole dish in one layer.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes; give a toss and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Place the butter and flour into a microwave safe glass container whisk to incorporate.
- Whisk in the milk Continue stirring until the sauce is thickened about 3 minutes. If the sauce is very thick add a little more milk, the sauce should be thick but still runny. Add the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Place the florets in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour the thickened cheese sauce over the cauliflower ensuring all the florets are covered. Sprinkle with grated cheese and a good twist of black pepper.
- Bake in the hot oven until the sauce is bubbling and golden brown on the top, approx 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.9, Fat 15.9, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 21.6, Sodium 456.4, Carbohydrate 8.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.1, Protein 3.5
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add 1 large cauliflower, broken into pieces, and cook for 5 mins - lift out a piece to test, it should be cooked.
- Drain the cauliflower, then tip into an ovenproof dish. Heat oven to 220C/200C/gas 7.
- Put the saucepan back on the heat and add 500ml milk, 4 tbsp flour and 50g butter.
- Keep whisking fast as the butter melts and the mixture comes to the boil - the flour will disappear and the sauce will begin to thicken. Whisk for 2 mins while the sauce bubbles and becomes nice and thick.
- Turn off the heat, stir in most of the 100g grated cheddar cheese and pour over the cauliflower. Scatter over the remaining cheese, and 2-3 tbsp breadcrumbs if using.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20 mins until bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 16 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.62 milligram of sodium
More about "cauliflower cheese sinful recipes"
SINFUL CAULIFLOWER CHEESE CASSEROLE - MY KETO RECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 55 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - SINFUL NUTRITION | RECIPE | SIDE DISH ...
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - HEALTHY LITTLE FOODIES
SLOW COOKER CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE (HEALTHY) - TASTEFULLY VIKKIE
BAKED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE AND BREADCRUMBS - SIP AND FEAST
14 CHEESY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SINFUL!!! - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING QUEEN
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - SINFUL NUTRITION
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE PASTRIES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE | RECIPETIN EATS
THE BEST CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
BAKED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE AND FENNEL - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - PINCH OF NOM
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - SINFUL NUTRITION | RECIPE | CAULIFLOWER ...
THE TASTIEST CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - COOKING WITH BRY
BEST-EVER CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SINFUL RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BAKED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE - COPYKAT RECIPES
RECIPES FOR YOU | CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SINFUL (LOW CARB)
EASY PEASY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BAKE - DELISH
COMFORT FOOD: THE ULTIMATE CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE
SINFUL CAULIFLOWER CHEESE CASSEROLE | RECIPE | CAULIFLOWER CHEESE ...
VEGAN CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - LOVING IT VEGAN
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE – SMITTEN KITCHEN
EASY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
THE BEST CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BAKE RECIPE - SIMPLY STACIE
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - A CLASSIC BRITISH SIDE | GREEDY GOURMET
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SIDE DISH - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
30 EASY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - SINFUL NUTRITION | RECIPE | CAULIFLOWER ...
CLASSIC CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
EASY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BAKE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
EASY CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - COOKING GORGEOUS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE | ROAST RECIPES - GORDON RAMSAY …
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE - SUM OF YUM
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #vegetables #oven #european #english #dietary #comfort-food #cauliflower #taste-mood #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook cauliflower with cream and cheese?Directions 1 Preheat oven to 400º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cauliflower until tender, 8 minutes. Drain well. 2 Butter a large baking dish. Add half the cauliflower and pour over half the heavy cream. ... 3 Bake until cheese is melty and deeply golden, 30 minutes. 4 Let cool 5 minutes, then serve.
How to cook cauliflower for pizza?In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cauliflower until tender, 8 minutes. Drain well. Butter a large baking dish. Add half the cauliflower and pour over half the heavy cream. Dot with half the butter, sprinkle with half the garlic, cheddar, Parmesan, and thyme. Repeat with remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
What is the best way to make cauliflower bread?Combine cauliflower, onion, and garlic in a bowl. Add olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and Cheddar cheese and stir to coat. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
How to cook steamed cauliflower in a sauce?Directions. Gradually whisk milk into butter mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes. Remove pot from heat; stir in Cheddar cheese. Season sauce with salt and white pepper. Stir steamed cauliflower into cheese sauce; season with salt and white pepper. Gooey, cheesy goodness.