CAULIFLOWER, FENNEL AND POTATO SOUP
Puree this soup for a bowl of creamy goodness.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the thyme sprigs, bay leaf, cayenne, 1 cup of the potato, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are well coated, 2 to 3 minutes more. Pour in the broth and 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a simmer.
- Reserve two florets (about 2 inches in diameter) of the cauliflower. Add the fennel and the remaining cauliflower and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed to maintain a simmer. Remove from the heat and let cool at least 5 minutes. Remove and discard the thyme and bay leaf and stir in the parsley. Carefully puree until smooth with a handheld immersion blender or in 2 to 3 batches in a blender (do not fill the blender more than halfway full per batch).
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/4 cup potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for 4 minutes. Carefully unwrap and set aside to cool.
- Slice the reserved cauliflower florets thinly, about 1/8 inch thick. (You need about 12 pieces.) Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower pieces in a single layer and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip the pieces over and cook until tender and golden brown on the second side, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the same skillet. Add the microwaved potato and season with salt. Cook, stirring, until golden brown all over, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reheat the soup if necessary. Adjust the consistency and seasoning with water, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot sprinkled with some pan-fried cauliflower and potato and fresh parsley leaves.
- Note: When blending hot liquid, first let it cool for 5 minutes or so, then transfer it to a blender, filling only halfway. Put the lid on, leaving one corner open. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel to catch splatters and pulse until smooth.
CAULIFLOWER FENNEL SOUP
- Cut cauliflower into 2-inch pieces, discarding outer leaves and core. In a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan simmer cauliflower with garlic and fennel seeds in water, covered, until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes. Cool mixture 15 minutes and in a blender purée in batches, transferring to a bowl. In pan stir together purée, cream, and salt and pepper to taste and heat soup over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
CREAM OF ROASTED FENNEL AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP
This is a warm, filling yummy soup that warms your heart and soul on cold winter nights. It's low carb, low fat and very healthy. I comes together very easily and quickly too, so it's perfect for week night meals.
Provided by Misty Mathews
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven 350. Slice Fennel and onions in 1/4 inch slices, break apart cauliflower into florettes, dizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes (do not brown)
- Place roasted vegetables in stock pot and cover with chicken stock bring to simmer and simmer for 25 min until tender. Once vegetables are tender, puree until smooth (may have small lumps, that's o.k.) Once soup is pureed add cumin, lemon juice and half and half. Return to heat, but do not boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.3, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 1.5, Sodium 388, Carbohydrate 12.8, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 3.8, Protein 3.2
CAULIFLOWER AND BEAN SOUP (WITH FENNEL SEED & PARSLEY)
Sounds complicated, right? I've figured out that its much easier to make gourmet sounding and tasting foods when you have a well stocked spice rack. This soup is mild and hearty. Found in "The Practical Guide to Using Herbs". This is awesome!
Provided by MechanicalJen
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add garlic, onion and fennel seeds. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and half of the beans. Pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, until caulifower is tender.
- Pour soup into blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pan and stir in remaining beans. Season to taste.
- When serving, garnish with parsley. Goes great with crusty bread!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.1, Fat 4.4, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 59.1, Carbohydrate 61.2, Fiber 17, Sugar 5.4, Protein 22.7
More about "cauliflower fennel soup recipes"
CREAMY FENNEL ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP (VEGAN)
Reviews 14Calories 169 per servingCategory Dinner
- Toss cauliflower and fennel is 2 to 2.5 tbsp olive oil, balsamic, and spices and spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning over veggies halfway. Remove from oven and carefully place all ingredients into a blender. If you don’t have a blender, set aside and see notes.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & FENNEL SOUP RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (1)Category Soup, Soup And Stew, Main CourseServings 6Calories 250 per serving
- Place 2 tablespoons butter into bowl; microwave until melted. Add cauliflower, fennel and garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss until coated. Spoon onto prepared baking sheet; bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in 4-quart saucepan until sizzling. Add onion; cook 6-8 minutes or until translucent. Add fennel seeds; cook 5 minutes. Add roasted vegetables, chicken stock, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and ground red pepper.
- Transfer one-third cauliflower mixture carefully into 5-cup blender container. Cover; process until smooth. Place into bowl. Repeat with remaining cauliflower mixture.
CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL SOUP - THE WASHINGTON POST
4/5 (1)Servings 8Is Accessible For Free TrueCalories 177 per serving
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER + FENNEL SOUP - LIV KAPLAN
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
ROAST CAULIFLOWER, FENNEL AND POTATO SOUP - A RECIPE BLOG
RECIPE INFO FENNEL AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP (VEGAN AND G/F)
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER FENNEL SOUP - COOKING ON THE FRONT BURNER
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER & FENNEL SOUP WITH BACON
ROASTED FENNEL AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP - WHAT SHOULD I MAKE FOR...
CREAMED FENNEL AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP (PALEO & VEGAN) - FORAGED …
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER FENNEL SOUP RECIPE | THE SOLO COOK
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH LEEK, FENNEL, & GARLIC
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, FENNEL, AND APPLE SOUP | UP BEET KITCHEN
RECIPE - ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & FENNEL SOUP WITH SPINACH
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER & FENNEL SOUP — JANET FLETCHER
CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH FENNEL - SOCANEWS.COM
BAKED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE AND FENNEL - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL SOUP - EASY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
SOUP RECIPES WITH FENNEL : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH FENNEL AND GARLIC RECIPE - DELISH
CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL SOUP RECIPE: WINTER WARMTH IN A BOWL
JACK MONROE'S ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, GARLIC AND FENNEL SOUP RECIPE
CREAMY ROASTED FENNEL CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE | EASY SOUP RECIPE
LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL SOUP - FROMMYKETOKITCHEN
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER FENNEL SOUP - THE COMBISTEAM QUEEN
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, FENNEL AND GINGER SOUP - SUPERCHARGED FOOD
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER FENNEL LEEK SOUP - NUTMEG NANNY
CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL SOUP - ALI IN THE VALLEY
SPRING CAULIFLOWER FENNEL SOUP - SOUPADDICT
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH APPLE & FENNEL - INSPIRED EDIBLES
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL SOUP | SOUTHERN BOY DISHES
BEST CREAMY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP (+FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS)
FENNEL AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH DILL AND LEMON OIL - STEPH …
CAULIFLOWER & FENNEL COCONUT CURRY SOUP - GLUTEN FREE | MINCOFF …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, FENNEL, AND GARLIC SOUP RECIPE
CREAMY, DREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP - RECIPETIN EATS
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL SOUP RECIPE - DELECTABILIA
CAULIFLOWER FENNEL MISO SOUP WITH ALMONDS AND LIME OIL
CREAMY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & FENNEL SOUP - SAVOR AND SAGE
CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL VELOUTé WITH GORGONZOLA GARNISH
CAULIFLOWER, PEAR, AND FENNEL SOUP - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SPICED CAULIFLOWER SOUP | RNZ RECIPES
CREAMY FENNEL ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - OSTRO ORGANICS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook cauliflower with fennel and onion?Add cauliflower, fennel and garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss until coated. Spoon onto prepared baking sheet; bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in 4-quart saucepan until sizzling. Add onion; cook 6-8 minutes or until translucent. Add fennel seeds; cook 5 minutes.
What is the best way to prepare cauliflower soup?Preparation. In a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan simmer cauliflower with garlic and fennel seeds in water, covered, until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes. Cool mixture 15 minutes and in a blender purée in batches, transferring to a bowl. In pan stir together purée, cream, and salt and pepper to taste and heat soup over moderate heat,...
How to cook fennel soup?Instructions Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet tray with nonstick foil. Thinly slice the fennel and toss with olive oil and lay in an even layer on the sheet tray. Sprinkle with salt and roast until golden, about 20 mins. While the fennel roasts, start the soup. Melt the butter in a medium pot or dutch oven set over medium heat.
How to cook cauliflower in the oven?Heat oven to 375ºF. Line 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Place 2 tablespoons butter into bowl; microwave until melted. Add cauliflower, fennel and garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss until coated. Spoon onto prepared baking sheet; bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender.