SPICED CHICKPEAS WITH CAULIFLOWER AND ROASTED LEMON
In this hearty, meatless main course, chickpeas and potatoes are coated in a tomato-tinged spice paste and roasted until crunchy and browned. At the same time and in the same oven, cauliflower and tomatoes are cooked along with thinly sliced lemons until soft and caramelized. Just before serving, everything is tossed altogether and drizzled with an herbed, garlicky yogurt sauce. It's a complete and satisfying meal that's perfect for vegetable lovers. Meyer lemons work particularly well here because they are milder and sweeter than regular lemons. But use whichever you can find.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, weekday, vegetables, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Position racks in the top and bottom thirds of oven and heat to 425 degrees. Bring a small pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add lemon slices and simmer until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain, pat dry with a clean kitchen towel and cut slices into quarters.
- On a rimmed sheet pan, toss cauliflower, tomatoes and jalapeños with 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Fold in lemon slices. Place pan on bottom rack of oven and roast, tossing every 10 minutes, until well-browned, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup oil, cumin seeds, tomato paste, Tabasco, ground turmeric, cumin and coriander.
- On a separate rimmed sheet pan, toss together chickpeas, potatoes, spice-oil mixture and salt to taste. Top with rosemary sprigs. Roast on top rack until potatoes are golden, 30 to 40 minutes, tossing mixture halfway through. Remove pan and toss with more salt to taste.
- While everything is roasting, make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, dill, basil, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Taste and add more salt or lemon if needed.
- To serve, toss roasted chickpeas and potatoes with cauliflower mixture. Drizzle with more oil, yogurt sauce and herbs.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 595, UnsaturatedFat 25 grams, Carbohydrate 65 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 16 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1493 milligrams, Sugar 15 grams, TransFat 0 grams
This simple but surprisingly flavorful puree is a satisfying stand-in for mashed potatoes, and it couldn't be easier. There's no cream in it and only a teensy touch of butter, so it's good for anyone counting calories or carbs. It pleases the meat-and-potatoes eaters at my table, even though it contains neither.
Provided by Nicholio
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Bring a 4-quart pot of salted water to a boil; add cauliflower and simmer until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain cauliflower, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Blend cauliflower and 1/4 cup cooking liquid in a blender until smooth, adding more water until desired consistency is reached. Add butter and pulse until incorporated; season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7.6 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 3 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 102.3 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
ROASTED CURRIED CHICKPEAS AND CAULIFLOWER
When there's not much time to cook, try roasting potatoes and cauliflower with chickpeas for a warm-you-up dinner. It's a filling meal on its own, but you can add chicken or tofu to the sheet pan if you like. -Pam Correll, Brockport, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray., Roast until vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, Fat 13g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 605mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toast the coriander, turmeric, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and cayenne in a dry skillet over high heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the oil into a large mixing bowl, and then add the toasted spices. Add the ginger, cauliflower, chickpeas and onions, and toss to coat everything evenly. Place on a sheet tray and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until browned and the cauliflower is tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with cilantro sprigs and finish with a squeeze of the fresh lime juice.
FIRE-ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH WHIPPED CHICKPEAS AND CILANTRO PISTOU
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Put a 14-inch cast-iron pan in the oven while it preheats.
- For the cilantro pistou: Combine the cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, 1 to 2 cloves garlic (depending on how spicy you like it), 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a blender. Turn on medium speed and drizzle in the olive oil to combine. Blend until it has a smooth consistency. Adjust with olive oil for desired thickness, or flavor with more salt and lemon as needed. Add the chile flakes, if using.
- Add the cauliflower and blended oil to a large bowl. Generously season with salt and toss to combine. Carefully pour into the preheated cast-iron pan and put back in the oven. Roast on the middle rack until brown and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Crank the heat to broil for last 2 minutes for added color, if desired. (It should have color and be tender but retain a bit of crunch.)
- For the whipped chickpeas: Meanwhile, strain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid in a separate bowl. In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup reserved chickpea liquid (aquafaba) and blend on high for about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Add a bit more aquafaba (approximately 2 tablespoons) if the machine is struggling, then add 1 tablespoon at a time of water (up to 1/4 cup) until smooth and light. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the dukkah spice: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sunflower seeds and fennel seeds to a small food processor and pulse until just combined. (Do not overprocess.) Add to a cast-iron skillet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and season with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Generously spread the pillowy chickpea mixture on a platter. Top with the roasted cauliflower, then drizzle over the cilantro pistou and sprinkle generously with the dukkah.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS
Liven up your table with our Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas recipe. Ready in just 40 minutes, Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas is a fast and flavorful dish that can punch up almost any menu. The dish gets its unique flavored from garlic, red pepper, two types of cheese and fresh cilantro.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Vegetable Recipes
Yield 10 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread cauliflower and chickpeas onto rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with garlic and crushed pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake 30 min.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Add cheeses and cilantro; mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 6 g
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND GARLIC PUREE
We enjoy pureed cauliflower but have had difficulty getting the consistency right. Steaming and boiling the cauliflower causes it to pick up too much moisture and the result is a really horrid soupy mess. We solved the problem by roasting the cauliflower with some garlic instead of using a water based method. The texture is close to mashed potatoes, but much healthier. I've indicated that this will serve 4, but to be honest, when I do this, I double the recipe. We use a lot of garlic, but we love it roasted. If you don't like garlic, don't use as much!
Provided by Akikobay
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Toss the cauliflower florets and peeled garlic cloves in the olive oil until coated (I guess on the amount of olive oil, and probably use more than the specified amount).
- Sprinkle with salt to your taste. We use a creole salt or spice.
- Roast in oven at 375 degrees until the cauliflower is cooked and a fork pierces the stems easily. The timing will depend on how large you leave the cauliflower pieces, but it usually takes about 20 minutes. Don't let the cauliflower burn, but I think the slightly browned edges add character and flavor. The garlic should also be very soft by now.
- Put the roasted cauliflower with the garlic cloves into a food processor along with the butter (optional) and the sour cream. Pulse-puree until the mixture is smooth. Adjust seasonings as necessary and serve warm.
More about "cauliflower puree wroasted cauliflower and chickpeas recipes"
CAULIFLOWER PUREE WITH CHICKPEAS RECIPE - LOVE AND …
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main Dish
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS - DIETITIAN JESS
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA SOUP – FLOATING …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH HARISSA, CAULIFLOWER PUREE, …
CAULIFLOWER BOWL WITH HARISSA ROASTED CHICKPEAS - MAY …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS WITH HERBY TAHINI
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER + CHICKPEAS - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA STEW - THE …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS - INSPIREHEALTH
GOLDEN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS [VEGAN, …
CAULIFLOWER PUREE WITH CHICKPEAS RECIPE - AMAZON.CA
Author Lillian FormassyFormat Paperback
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS WITH MINTED YOGURT
ROAST SPICED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHICKPEAS - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
53 BEST ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT, …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHICKPEAS AND CURRY - SUPER EASY
EATING BY ELAINE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS - CALGARY CO-OP
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO - ENGLISH
14 ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS WITH LEMON-DIJON DRESSING
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHICKPEAS - | BAKERSBEANS (WANDA BAKER)
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, CHICKPEAS, AND OLIVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE FOR ROASTED CAULIFLOWER PUREE WITH SHALLOTS
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS - GOOD FOOD ST. LOUIS
SICILIAN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & CHICKPEAS - TWO RED BOWLS
SMOOTH AND SILKY CAULIFLOWER PURéE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RICH AND NUTTY ROASTED-CAULIFLOWER PURéE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER CHICKPEA SALAD - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHICKPEAS AND POMEGRANATE
CAULIFLOWER PUREE WITH CHICKPEAS - LOVE AND LEMONS | RECIPE
BAKED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHICKPEAS - AFTER 5 MINUTES IT’LL BE GONE!
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CAULIFLOWER PUREE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CAULIFLOWER PUREE WITH CHICKPEAS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER AND ROASTED CHICKPEAS TWO WAYS - UMAMI GIRL
WARM ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA SALAD - FROM A CHEF'S …
AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER AND ROASTED CHICKPEAS - THE DEVIL WEARS SALAD
EASY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHICKPEAS AND POMEGRANATES
HOW TO COOK CAULIFLOWER PUREE WITH TURMERIC AND FRIED …
CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH CAULIFLOWER PURéE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & CHICKPEA PICCATA - GOOD OLD VEGAN
BEST ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS RECIPES - FOOD …
You'll also love