SAUSAGE, CORNBREAD AND CHERRY STUFFING
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 4-quart shallow casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and stirring occasionally, until brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the sausage drippings. Add the butter to the skillet, then add the celery and onions. Cook, scraping up any brown bits that are on the bottom of the skillet, until the vegetables are soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large bowl and add the cornbread and reserved sausage. Add the chicken stock, cherries and eggs. Stir to coat gently and soften the cornbread. (Do not overmix or the cornbread pieces will turn to mush.) Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake until the stuffing is set, about 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
CHALLAH, SAUSAGE, AND DRIED CHERRY STUFFING
- Heat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Generously butter baking dish.
- Roast pecans in a pie or cake pan until fragrant and insides are pale golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Divide bread between 2 large baking sheets and bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then cook sausage, stirring and breaking up lumps, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a very large bowl.
- Add butter to skillet and heat over medium heat until foam subsides. Add onions, celery, garlic, allspice, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown lightly, 12 to 15 minutes. Add vegetables to sausage with bread, cherries, and pecans, and toss to mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, then whisk in stock, cream, and parsley, and pour over stuffing. Stir stuffing well, then spread it out in baking dish. Chill if turkey is more than 1 hour from being done.
- When turkey is done, increase oven temperature to 425°F. Cover stuffing tightly with foil and bake until hot throughout, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes more.
MIDWEST SAUSAGE AND DRIED CHERRY STUFFING
- In skillet, sauté the sausage, until brown.
- Drain grease and transfer to bread bowl.
- In same skillet, melt stick of butter, sauté all of the vegetables for 10 minutes until soft.
- Remove vegetables and place in bowl.
- Combine the sausage, vegetables, cherries, bread cubes and rest of ingredients EXCEPT the chicken broth.
- Add just enough chicken broth to moisten the bread mixture.
- You do not want it soaking wet.
- If packing the turkey, stuff the neck and cavity loosely with stuffing, folding the neck skin under and fastening with skewer.
- If not, lightly pack stuffing into a large, shallow baking dish.
- If you bake the stuffing inside the bird, roast the bird at 325 degrees for 15 minutes per pound or until the temperature of the bird reaches 170 degrees and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with fork.
- Let turkey rest at least 20 minutes before carving.
- If you bake in separate dish, drizzle the stuffing with alittle bit of stock.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and back for an additional 10 minutes.
CHALLAH BREAD- MUSHROOM STUFFING WITH WILD RICE AND RAISINS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Chop the challah bread into 1/2-inch cubes to make 16 cups. Stale bread works best for stuffing-if yours is fresh, spread out the cubes on baking sheet and dry in a 300 degrees F oven, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 stick butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, sage, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth; bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the wild rice as the label directs. Beat the eggs and parsley in a large bowl; stir in the bread cubes, the vegetable-broth mixture, the prepared rice and the mushrooms. Stir in the raisins.
- Transfer the mixture to a buttered 3-to-4-quart baking dish and dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, about 20 more minutes.
DRIED CHERRY & SAUSAGE DRESSING
Apples and dried cherries add a sweet-tart flavor to my homemade stuffing. It makes a holiday dinner one to remember. -Connie Boll, Chilton, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 20 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut bread into 1-in. cubes; transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-15 minutes or until toasted. Cool slightly. In a small saucepan, bring juice blend to a boil. Stir in cherries. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Drain. , Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, celery and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in apples, parsley, butter, seasonings, bread cubes and drained cherries. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and stock; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat., Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 422mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
SAUSAGE AND DRIED CRANBERRY STUFFING
Tasty and easy cranberry stuffing.
Provided by Mark Correira
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and saute for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan. Add sausage; cook and stir, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Return onion and celery and cook for a few more minutes.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a bowl and add stuffing mix and cranberries; gently stir until liquid is gone and ingredients are well coated. Place in the prepared baking dish and cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.5 g, Cholesterol 15.1 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 768.3 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
DRIED CHERRY AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING
Out of this world. I did a trial run before Christmas and knew I'd never make another stuffing...it's just that good. I ate the leftovers as a main dish and they didn't last long. My guests at Christmas dinner loved it!
Provided by hepcat1
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the celery and onions until translucent; about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the celery and onions with the bread, cherries, sausage, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the broth and stir well until combined.
- Loosely stuff the mixture into your turkey just before roasting.
- Cover and bake any unused stuffing in a 325 oven for 1 hour; uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
- NOTE: I baked the whole pan separately and also made it the day before- it still turned out great!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654.3, Fat 26.2, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 54.8, Sodium 1929, Carbohydrate 78.5, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 5.7, Protein 26.2
SAUSAGE AND SOUR-CHERRY STUFFING
- Toast bread: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread bread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let stand until cool.
- Make stuffing: Set a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then heat the oil. Add onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook, breaking it up with the back of a spoon, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Stir in cherries and rosemary, and cook 1 minute more. Pour in stock and stir to combine, then stir in bread, making sure all parts are moistened with liquid. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Adjust seasoning as desired, before proceeding with the Stuffed Turkey Breast recipe.
CORNBREAD AND PUMPKIN CHALLAH STUFFING WITH DRIED FRUIT
An enriched egg bread with dough similar to that of brioche, challah is ideal for stuffing. In Cornbread and Pumpkin Challah Stuffing with Dried Fruit, the pumpkin challah adds a warm, spicy aroma to this dressing.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a large casserole dish, and set aside. Place cornbread and challah in a large bowl with apricots, cranberries, cherries, figs, sage, marjoram, salt, and pepper, and toss well. Pour chicken stock and melted butter over mixture, and stir to combine.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole. Bake uncovered until golden brown on top and heated through, 45 minutes. If stuffing becomes too brown while baking, tent with aluminum foil.
More about "challah sausage and dried cherry stuffing recipes"
SAUSAGE & DRIED CHERRY STUFFING - THE COOKING MOM
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
CHALLAH STUFFING – SMITTEN KITCHEN
Servings 12Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
CORNBREAD STUFFING WITH SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND DRIED CHERRIES
GLUTEN-FREE (OR GLUTEN-FULL) STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE, DRIED CHERRIES, …
SAUSAGE AND HERB STUFFING RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SAUSAGE, DRIED CHERRY AND SAGE STUFFING RECIPE – THANKSGIVING …
CHALLAH STUFFING WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE, LEEKS AND CHERRIES
DRIED-CHERRY AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHALLAH STUFFING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SAUSAGE AND DRIED CHERRY STUFFING | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
CHALLAH BREAD AND KIELBASA STUFFING - NOBLE PIG
THANKSGIVING RECIPE: CHALLAH, SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM …
SAUSAGE & HERB STUFFING RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
SAUSAGE, CHERRY & SAGE-STUFFED TURKEY BREAST - CAMILLE STYLES
FARRO, BUTTERNUT SQUASH, SAUSAGE AND DRIED CHERRY STUFFING
SWEET ONION CHALLAH STUFFING RECIPE - NINA FRIEND | FOOD & WINE
RECIPES - BREAD STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE, DRIED CHERRIES AND PECANS
DRIED CHERRY, SAUSAGE AND CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE
THANKSGIVING CHALLAH HERB DRESSING | RECIPE | STUFFING RECIPES, …
SAUSAGE STUFFING DRESSING RECIPE - DELICIOUS TABLE
THANKSGIVING CHALLAH HERB DRESSING | RECIPE | RECIPES, STUFFING …
CHALLAH STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE AND APPLE COMPOTE
THE BEST KOSHER STUFFING RECIPES USE CHALLAH - JAMIE GELLER
ROAST CAPON WITH CHALLAH BREAD STUFFING - D'ARTAGNAN
DRIED-CHERRY AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
33 BEST THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
CHALLAH STUFFING WITH FENNEL AND DRIED FRUIT | BETTER HOMES
THANKSGIVING 'CHALLAH-DAY' STUFFING HAS CRANBERRIES, CHESTNUTS ...
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CHALLAH RECIPE - HONEST AND TRULY!
CHALLAH BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
CHALLAH AND WHOLE WHEAT BREAD STUFFING WITH CHERRIES AND …
STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE, APPLES, AND DRIED CHERRIES - UMAMI
CHALLAH STUFFING WITH CHESTNUTS AND DRIED FRUIT RECIPE
CLASSIC HERB AND SAUSAGE STUFFING (MAKE-AHEAD) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CHALLAH, WILD MUSHROOM & HERB STUFFING - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SAGE SAUSAGE STUFFING WITH CHALLAH AND CORNBREAD - OMG! YUMMY
SAUSAGE, APPLE & SAGE STUFFING - BROWN EYED BAKER
HERBED CHALLAH STUFFING - THE WASHINGTON POST
You'll also love