CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Add the buttermilk all at once, stirring with a fork to make a soft, sticky dough.
- With lightly floured hands, press the dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead gently 10 times.
- Pat out the dough into a 3/4-inch thick round.
- Using a 2-1/2-inch floured cutter, cut out rounds.
- Place on a ungreased baking sheet.
- Gather up the scraps and repat dough once; cut out more rounds.
- Brush the tops of the scones with egg.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.9, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 378.8, Carbohydrate 21.4, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 3.2, Protein 6
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Fold in Cheddar cheese.
- Whisk sour cream, oil, milk, and eggs together in a small bowl. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 10 to 12 times. Pat out to a thickness of 3/4 inch. Cut into 3-inch squares or cut circles with a 3-inch cutter. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.2 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 59.6 mg, Fat 20.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 10.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 826.1 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 16 large scones
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine 4 cups of flour, the baking powder, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is in pea-sized pieces. Mix the eggs and heavy cream and quickly add them to the flour-and-butter mixture. Combine until just blended. Toss together the Cheddar, dill, and 1 tablespoon of flour and add them to the dough. Mix until they are almost incorporated.
- Dump the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead it for 1 minute, until the Cheddar and dill are well distributed. Roll the dough 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch squares and then in half diagonally to make triangles. Brush the tops with egg wash. Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 20 to 25 minutes, until the outside is crusty and the inside is fully baked.
CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUR CREAM SCONES
At breakfast, lunch or dinner, these light and flakey scones will be a hit at your table. You can even cut them in half and make little sandwiches with them as a snack or an appetizer.
Provided by Geema
Yield 12 scones
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and then fold in the shredded cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 10 to 12 times and then pat it out to a 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut dough with a 3" round cutter, or simply cut into 3" squares.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.4, Fat 21, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 64.7, Sodium 764.9, Carbohydrate 38, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 4.5, Protein 10.9
CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper, and set aside. Place the cheddar cheese, chives, and 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl, and toss to combine; set mixture aside. In a small bowl, combine the 3 lightly beaten eggs and the cream, and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, paprika, and salt. Add butter; mix on low speed until butter is in pea-size pieces, 1 to 2 minutes. Add egg-and cream mixture; mix on low speed until just blended. Add cheese mixture; mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface, and pat into a 9-inch circle. Using a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut circle into 12 wedges. Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet; brush tops with egg wash. Place in oven; bake, rotating baking sheet halfway through cooking, until outside is crusty and inside is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Fantastic straight from the oven or served the next day, split and toasted through
Provided by Silvana Franco
Categories Afternoon tea, Lunch, Snack, Treat
Yield Makes 12-15
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 220c/fan 200c/gas 7. Place the flour in a large bowl, then rub in the butter. Stir in the oats and cheese, then the milk - if it feels like it might be dry, add a touch more milk, then bring together to make a soft dough.
- Lightly dust the surface with a little flour. roll out the dough no thinner than 2cm. Using a 4cm plain cutter, firmly stamp out the rounds - try not to twist the cutter as this makes the scones rise unevenly. re-roll the trimmings and stamp out more.
- Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, dust with a little more flour or grated cheese, then bake for 12-15 mins until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack before serving on their own or topped with mashed avocado, or soft cheese, and ham, cucumber or cress.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.36 milligram of sodium
These creamy, cheesy scones pair well with butter when they're fresh out of the oven. They also make a great vehicle for your favorite egg sandwich. Scallions and dill go into the dough and add a decorative touch to the tops.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 10
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Toss butter in flour mixture to evenly coat, then press between your fingers until mixture has the texture of coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces remaining. In another bowl, whisk together cream and eggs.
- Make a well in flour mixture; add egg mixture, cheddar, scallions, and dill. Stir together with a fork until dough begins to form but mixture is still crumbly. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead just to combine (do not overwork). Pat out 1/2 inch thick. With a floured 2 3/4-inch biscuit cutter, cut out rounds, as closely together as possible; place on prepared sheet. Gather scraps; pat out again and repeat.
- Brush tops with cream; sprinkle with more dill and scallions. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until golden brown, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
SAUSAGE AND CHEDDAR SCONES
Served with a touch of gourmet mustard, these golden scones are practically a meal in one. I've found they freeze well for up to a month. -Mary Claypool, Granada Hills, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 scones.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain., In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, ground mustard, baking soda, salt and pepper. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg whites and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in sausage and 2 cups cheese. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times., Divide dough in half; pat each half into an 8-in. circle. Cut each into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Beat egg yolks and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with remaining cheese., Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with Dijon mustard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293 calories, Fat 16g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 556mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
APPLE CHEDDAR SCONES
I serve these golden scones for brunch. Add a scoop of ice cream and they make a great dessert. -Jeanne Alexander, Qualicum Beach, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 scones.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Gently fold in the cheese and apples. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times., Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. , Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253 calories, Fat 12g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 457mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
CLASSIC CHEESE SCONES
Indulge in some cheese scones for afternoon tea or as part of a picnic. They're also great served alongside soups and you can freeze them for later use
Provided by sarahheron
Categories Afternoon tea, Side dish, Snack, Supper
Yield Makes 5-6
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 with a large baking tray inside. Sift the flour, salt, cayenne pepper and baking powder into a bowl, then sift again to make sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the butter to the bowl and combine with your fingertips to make breadcrumbs. Sprinkle 100g of the cheese into the breadcrumb mixture and rub together until evenly distributed. Try not to mix too much as the heat from your hands may start to melt the butter.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in enough milk to give a fairly soft but firm dough. Do not pour in all the milk at once as you may not need it all to get the right consistency.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to approximately 2cm thick. Cut out the scones with a medium (about 8cm) cutter, then put on a sheet of baking parchment, glaze with a little milk and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Slide onto the hot oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
More about "cheddar cheese scones recipes"
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES (FREEZER FRIENDLY!) - SPEND WITH …
4.9/5 (42)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackCalories 407 per serving
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Combine eggs and heavy cream. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until it forms a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough by folding and gently pressing dough for 10 to 12 strokes until nearly smooth. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle and cut into 8 wedges.
EASY, CHEESY CHEESE SCONES RECIPE WITH CHEDDAR
Servings 10-12Energy 126 CaloriesCarbohydrate 17 gFat 4 g
CHEESE AND HERB SCONES - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
CHEDDAR CHEESE AND CHIVES SCONES - SALTY GINGER
TENDER ZUCCHINI CHEDDAR SCONES - COOKIES AND CUPS
BACON-CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
CHEDDAR SCONES | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA
CHEDDAR & THYME SCONES | DONAL SKEHAN | EAT LIVE GO
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES RECIPE
TOMATO CHEDDAR SCONES – COOKILICIOUS
CHEDDAR SCONES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
IRISH CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES WITH SCALLIONS - BAKING SENSE®
5 SAVORY CHEESE SCONE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST CHEESE SCONES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESE SCONES
EASY CHEDDAR SCONES - FOOD REPUBLIC
BEST CHEDDAR CHIVE BUTTERMILK SCONES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
HAM AND CHEESE SCONES - DAMN DELICIOUS
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES - FAMILY FRESH MEALS
CHEDDAR & CREAM CHEESE SCONES WITH GARLIC & HERBS - MOORLANDS …
SAVOURY CHEESE SCONES WITH CHEDDAR - A BAKING JOURNEY
EASY CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES RECIPE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES - CHATELAINE
CHEDDAR CHEESE AND CRANBERRY SCONES - ALBERTA MILK
CHEDDAR CHEESE AND SCALLION SCONES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
VINTAGE CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES - BAKING HEAVEN
KETO CHEDDAR BISCUITS (CHEESE SCONES) – DITCH THE CARBS
CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKER - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHEDDAR AND CREAM SCONES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHEDDAR AND ROSEMARY SCONES - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
CAYENNE AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES - BAKING MISCHIEF
BACON CHEDDAR SCONES RECIPE - SAVORY TWIST ON A CLASSIC - CHISEL …
BUTTERY CHEDDAR SCONES - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
CHEESE AND GREEN ONION SCONES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHEDDAR CHEESE SCONES FOR BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH | VINTAGE COOKING
SAVORY SCONES (BACON CHEDDAR SCONES) - THE CHEESE KNEES
BACON CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #breads #eggs-dairy #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #finger-food #cheese #dietary #scones #high-calcium #quick-breads #high-in-something #brunch #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love