OLIVE AND CHEESE LOAF
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and yeast; stir in cheese and olives. Add water and, using a wooden spoon or your hand, mix until a wet, sticky dough forms, about 30 seconds, adding additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until dough has doubled in size and surface becomes dotted with bubbles, 12 to 18 hours.
- Generously flour work surface; scrape dough onto work surface. Lightly flour hands, a bowl scraper, or a spatula and lift edges of dough toward the center. Nudge and tuck edges of dough to make round.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on work surface and generously dust with flour. Gently place dough on parchment, seam-side down. If dough is tacky, lightly dust top with flour. Cover dough loosely with wax paper and two clean kitchen towels. Let dough stand in a warm, draft-free spot until almost doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Gently poke dough with your finger; dough should hold the impression. If it springs back, let rise 15 minutes more.
- Ten minutes before dough has finished rising, preheat oven to 475 degrees on a conventional oven (450 degrees on a convection oven) with a rack in the lower third. Place a covered 3 1/2-quart cast-iron or enameled cast-iron Dutch oven (with plastic handle removed and screw hole plugged with aluminum foil) in center of rack.
- Using pot holders, carefully remove preheated Dutch oven from oven and uncover. Uncover bread and loosen bottom with a large spatula. With the aid of the parchment paper, invert bread into preheated Dutch oven so that it is seam-side up. Cover Dutch oven and transfer to oven; bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking until bread is dark brown but not burnt, 15 to 30 minutes more. Using a heatproof spatula or pot holders, gently lift bread from Dutch oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD
"The recipe for this rich cheesy bread was given to me by a co-worker's wife, and I've used it often," notes Nancy McWhorter of Bridge City, Texas. "With the tasty addition of ripe olives and onions, it's a perfect complement to seafood, Italian food or barbecue fare."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Slice bread in half widthwise and lengthwise. , Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture over cut sides of bread. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 360mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
GREEK CHEESE AND OLIVE QUICK BREAD
I love this bread as a snack mid-morning. It satisfies in so many ways. Its texture is more like a savoury biscuit and really good. Olives and feta cheese are perfect companions.
Provided by evelynathens
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 3 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Beat eggs, yoghurt and baking powder together.
- Add butter and eggs to mixture and beat well.
- Add feta cheese, olives and flour and knead mixture until dough easily comes off hands Add olive oil.
- Separate dough into 3 equal portions.
- Shape into 3 balls and place on oiled baking sheet.
- Press down with palm, to flatten slightly.
- Sprinkle generously with sesame seeds and press again lightly to make them 'stick'.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until cheese breads sound hollow when tapped on bottom.
HOT CHEDDAR-OLIVE BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, mix the Cheddar cheese, creamy salad dressing, onion, and chili powder. Spread each bread half with an equal amount of the mixture, and top each half with equal amounts olives. Close halves, and cut the loaf into 12 slices. Wrap loaf in aluminum foil.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.1 calories, Carbohydrate 22.2 g, Cholesterol 11.6 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 350.3 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
OLIVE-ONION CHEESE BREAD
This luscious cheese bread will have your guests reaching for more. The cheese, onions, and olives make this bread a delicious and flavorful appetizer. -Amy Voights, Brodhead, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with cheese mixture. , Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each half into eight slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 28g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 590mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
OLIVE - CHEESE QUICK BREAD
Very pretty presentation! Loaded with salty green olives in a savory cheesy bread, this really hits the spot along-side a thick soup on a cold winter's evening. Try it with Potato & Ham Soup OR Clam Chowder. Enjoy the colors when you cut the slices!
Provided by Debber
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Grease a loaf pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and the cheese; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg; stir in milk and oil, mixing well.
- Add onion to the egg-milk, mix; then stir into flour mixture--do not over-mix, just get things moist.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Arrange 28 olives on their sides, 4 rows of 7 olives each.
- Spoon remaining batter over the olives, smoothing the top with the back of the spoon.
- Place remaining 7 olives evenly spaced down the center of the top of the loaf.
- Brush with olive oil (or spray).
- Bake 35-45 minutes until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes---this is really important or the loaf will sort of fall apart when you cut it :-(.
- VARIATIONS: Use a different type of cheese for a whole different flavor. How about a different kind of olive? Mmmmm -- .
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.9, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 44.5, Sodium 350.4, Carbohydrate 27, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 1.8, Protein 8.3
More about "cheese and olive bread recipes"
SAVORY QUICK BREAD WITH CHEESE AND OLIVES- THE BOSSY …
4.4/5 (47)Total Time 55 minsCategory BreadsCalories 259 per serving
- Add eggs, oil, and wine and mix well. Add olives, red pepper, ham or bacon, cheese, and stir to combine. Taste for salt and pepper. ((keep in mind that the other ingredients are salty, so there is not much need of adding a lot)
CHEESE AND OLIVE BREAD - FOOD NETWORK
CHEESY OLIVE BREAD | FRENCH LOAF RECIPE | RADA CUTLERY
CHEESE, OLIVE AND HAM BREAD - BROWN EYED BAKER
BAKED CHEESE OLIVE CIABATTA BREAD - FEASTING IS FUN
FETA CHEESE AND OLIVE PULL APART BREAD - ABRA'S KITCHEN
OLIVE HAM AND CHEESE LOAF - JO COOKS
OLIVE AND CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD. - THE PIONEER WOMAN
RECIPE: OLIVE, BACON AND CHEESE BREAD — EATWELL101
A SAVORY LOAF PACKED WITH CHEESE AND OLIVES - THE NEW YORK TIMES
OLIVE CHEDDAR BREAD - JO COOKS
CHEESY OLIVE BREAD | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHEESE OLIVE BREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD | RECIPE BY LEIGH ANNE WILKES
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD - FOOD DOLLS
CHEESE AND OLIVE BREAD RECIPE
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - AIMEESTOCK.COM
SUN-DRIED TOMATO, OLIVE AND CHEESE BREAD | METRO
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - BELLY FULL
CHEESE AND OLIVE BREAD - YUM TASTE
RUSTIC CHEESE AND OLIVE BREAD • BASTE CUT FOLD
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD - HOME IN THE FINGER LAKES
CHEESE AND OLIVE BREAD - OLIVES
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD - DELALLO
EASY STUFFED OLIVE CHEESE BREAD - SOUTHERN DISCOURSE
CHEESE AND OLIVES PULL-APART BREAD RECIPE - DIY JOY
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD - MIDWEST FOODIE
OLIVE AND CHEESE BUNS (NO KNEAD RECIPE) - MANGIA BEDDA
OLIVE AND CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESE AND OLIVE BREAD - REVIEW BY COOKIE MONSTER
CHEESY OLIVE BREAD - THE BUTTERED HOME
LOADED OLIVE CHEESE BREAD (+VIDEO!) - BUTTER BE READY
HAM CHEESE AND OLIVE BREAD - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD. | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
GRILLED CHEESY OLIVE BREAD | PAULA DEEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook black olives on French bread?Roughly chop both the black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives. Slice the green onions into thin pieces. Combine the butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined. Spread the mixture onto the French bread. Bake until the cheese is melted and browning, 20 to 25 minutes.
What is olive cheese bread?This Olive cheese bread combines all the brine-y flavors I love, in a gooey cheese filling, on top of a crusty bread. This might be as close to appetizer perfection anyone will ever get.
How to bake French bread with cheese and butter?Combine the butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined. Spread the mixture onto the French bread. Bake until the cheese is melted and browning, 20 to 25 minutes.
How long to bake bread with cheese in it?In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Slice bread in half widthwise and lengthwise. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture over cut sides of bread. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.