CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
My husband and I live in the Dairy State of Wisconsin. So this soup is perfect, since we get to use our state's fantastic cheese and milk.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Combine the flour, mustard, paprika and salt; add to saucepan. Stir to make a smooth paste. , Gradually add milk and soup; cook and stir until thick, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese and chicken broth; stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
CHEESEBURGER SOUP I
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine over medium heat: cook and stir vegetables and beef , until beef is brown.
- Stir in basil and parsley. Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the remainder of butter and stir in flour. Add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in cheese. When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through. Do not boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410.9 calories, Carbohydrate 22.6 g, Cholesterol 80.9 mg, Fat 27.3 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 595.6 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
WISCONSIN CHEESE SOUP I
- In a large heavy kettle, melt butter or margarine. Add carrots, celery, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and ham; cook over medium heat until vegetables are crisp tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not brown.
- Stir in flour and cornstarch; cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Add broth and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add milk, paprika, cayenne, and mustard.
- Stir in cheese gradually, stirring until cheese is melted. To avoid curdling, do not allow soup to boil after cheese is added. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve piping hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25.6 g, Cholesterol 59 mg, Fat 26.8 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 22.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 1089.4 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
JUST CHEESE SOUP
This is a cheese soup recipe that is just cheese, no potatoes or broccoli, lightly flavored with carrots and onions. It's appealing to kids as it is, or, as my dad sometimes did, you can just leave all the vegetables out to make kids happy.
Provided by SLISZJK
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot, and cook, stirring frequently until tender. Whisk in the flour and cornstarch, and cook for about a minute stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in the chicken stock and milk so that no lumps form.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is starting to thicken, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the baking powder, and shredded cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333 calories, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 75.7 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 14.5 g, SaturatedFat 15.8 g, Sodium 373.7 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
CREAMY CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter or margarine. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook until flour has blended with onion mixture.
- Add chicken broth and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened. Add milk and heat just to boiling, stirring constantly.
- In covered blender at medium speed, blend about 1/4 of soup mixture at a time until smooth. Return to saucepan and, over medium heat, heat just to boiling. Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk or slotted spoon, stir in cheese until melted. If cheese does not melt completely, cook over very low heat about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479.2 calories, Carbohydrate 12.8 g, Cholesterol 109.5 mg, Fat 35.9 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 26.1 g, SaturatedFat 22.6 g, Sodium 956.8 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
QUICK SAVORY CHEESE SOUP
This delicious soup recipe was shared by a friend and instantly became a hit with my husband. Its big cheese flavor blends wonderfully with the flavor of the vegetables. I first served this creamy soup as part of a holiday meal, but now we enjoy it throughout the year. -Dee Falk, Stromsburg, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. , Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add carrot and celery; simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add to milk mixture and stir until blended. Add cheeses. Cook and stir until melted (do not boil). Garnish with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Fat 28g fat (19g saturated fat), Cholesterol 97mg cholesterol, Sodium 1088mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield about 1 1/2 quarts (about 4 servings)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt butter in large heavy-bottomed soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and salt. Sweat for 5 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Sift the flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the chicken stock and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and add the garlic and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove bay leaf. Turn off the heat, add the heavy cream, and then puree with an immersion blender or in a conventional blender*. Gradually add the cheese, 1 small handful at a time, and stir until melted before adding next handful. Stir in the Marsala, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and white pepper. Taste and add additional salt if desired. If soup is not hot enough, return to a low heat until warmed through.
- *When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.
CHEESE SOUP I
- In a large pot boil the chopped celery, chopped onion, potatoes, mixed vegetables, bouillon cubes and water until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add the Velveeta® milk and butter or margarine. Heat until hot and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424 calories, Carbohydrate 42.6 g, Cholesterol 48.4 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 2527.6 mg, Sugar 15 g
More about "cheese soup i recipes"
WISCONSIN CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
5/5 (1)Calories 530 per serving
- Place 1 cup chicken broth, carrot, onion and celery in 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth, milk, cheese, and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place flour into bowl; stir in remaining chicken broth. Stir flour mixture into soup. Cook, stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes or until soup is slightly thickened.
10 BEST CAMPBELL CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CONDENSED CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST WISCONSIN CHEESE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
15+ CHEESE SOUP RECIPES – BEST CHEESY SOUPS
Occupation Lifestyle EditorEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
CALORIES IN BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - CALORIE, FAT, CARB ...
Calories 180.0Saturated Fat 4.0 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.0 gTotal Fat 12.0 g
6 EASY CHEESE SOUP RECIPES | MRFOOD.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Calories 90Serving size 1/2 Cup (120mL) Condensed SoupSaturated Fat 1gTotal Fat 4g
CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP | CABOT CREAMERY
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHEESE SOUP I RECIPE
MAC CHEESE SOUP RECIPES
GROUND BEEF CHEESE SOUP RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SPICY CHEESE SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
CHEESE SOUP RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
35 COMFORTING CHEESE SOUPS | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPES USING CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CREAMY BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE : EPISODE +14 COOKING ...
MAC AND CHEESE SOUP • SALT & LAVENDER
BEST CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP RECIPES - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make cheese cheese soup?In covered blender at medium speed, blend about 1/4 of soup mixture at a time until smooth. Return to saucepan and, over medium heat, heat just to boiling. Remove from heat. With wire whisk or slotted spoon, stir in cheese until melted. If cheese does not melt completely, cook over very low heat about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
How do you make tomato soup with butter and cheese?MELT butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Gradually stir in flour, making smooth paste. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes. WHISK in hot milk, cream or chicken broth and mustard; continue stirring until soup thickens and comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and add cheese.Stir just until cheese is melted.
How long does it take to make chicken soup with cheese?Directions. Gradually add milk and soup; cook and stir until thick, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese and chicken broth; stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with chives if desired.
What is the best way to make hot soup?Directions. Add broth and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add milk, paprika, cayenne, and mustard. Stir in cheese gradually, stirring until cheese is melted. To avoid curdling, do not allow soup to boil after cheese is added. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve piping hot.