BAKED CHEESE GRITS RECIPE
In this addictive Cheese Grits Casserole, creamy rich Southern Grits are cooked with garlicky butter and cheddar and parmesan cheeses then baked to perfection. Each flavorful bite oozes melts on the tongue.
Provided by Jocelyn Delk Adams
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add salt to water and bring to a boil.
- Add grits to boiling salted water, whisking into the water then lower heat to the lowest setting and cook covered until grits are tender but still pourable, about 12-18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, minced garlic and butter. Continue whisking until both the cheeses and butter are melted and well combined.
- Next, while vigorously whisking, add milk and eggs and continue to whisk quickly so the eggs won't scramble.
- Pour grits into a large greased 4 quart casserole dish then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake at 325 for 60-70 minutes or until grits just shake slightly. You can also broil for a couple of seconds to make a gorgeous brown color on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 kcal, Carbohydrate 23 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 185 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BAKED CHEESE GRITS
Get golden brown grits with the addition of pepper jack and sharp Cheddar.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a deep casserole dish.
- Bring the chicken broth, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and cayenne to a boil in a medium saucepan. Slowly whisk in the grits and lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Cheddar and pepper-jack cheeses and butter until melted and smooth; cool slightly. Stir in the eggs and transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Smooth the top of the grits and then bake until just set and lightly brown, about 1 hour. Let rest for at least 5 minutes. Scatter with the scallions, if using, and cut into squares.
CHEESY BAKED GRITS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pot over medium heat. Melt 1/2 cup butter in the boiling milk. Gradually mix in the grits, and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Mix in the Cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup butter. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.5 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 56.1 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 8.4 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 453.2 mg, Sugar 4 g
CREAMY CHEDDAR GRITS
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a heavy 4-quart saucepan. Add the salt, then slowly add the grits in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the grits thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half and butter to the grits and stir. The mixture will seem thin but it will thicken as it cooks. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes, until very smooth and creamy. Off the heat, stir in the Cheddar, scallions, and pepper. Season to taste and serve hot with a sprinkle of grated cheese and scallions.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 1 1/2-quart casserole. Heat milk, water, salt and pepper to boiling in 2-quart saucepan. Gradually add grits, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick.
- Stir in cheese and onions. Stir 1 cup of the hot mixture into eggs; stir back into remaining hot mixture in saucepan. Pour hot mixture into casserole. Dot with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 480 mg
BAKED TWO-CHEESE & BACON GRITS
In the South, everyone loves three things: bacon, cheese and grits! After playing around with this recipe, I took it to my first family party as a newlywed, and it was a huge hit. This recipe has become a family tradition that I'm sure will be passed down for generations. -Melissa Rogers, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels., Add water, stock, garlic powder and pepper to bacon drippings; bring to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat., Add Velveeta and butter; stir until melted. Stir in milk. Slowly stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon and shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake grits as directed, increasing time to 50-60 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 calories, Fat 34g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 143mg cholesterol, Sodium 840mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
BAKED COUNTRY CHEESE GRITS
This savory grits dish is not only great for brunch, but really any time of day. Top with freshly ground black pepper and your favorite hot sauce.
Provided by chef blade
Yield 6 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Boil the salted water, add grits, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Fold in 1/2 cup cheddar, parmesan, garlic, and sour cream.
- Pour into lightly greased 8" casserole dish.
- Toss the remaining cheddar with the scallions and tomato.
- Sprinkle over the grits.
- Bake in 375F pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208.6, Fat 7.9, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 22.3, Sodium 347.7, Carbohydrate 26.5, Fiber 2, Sugar 2.3, Protein 8.4
BAKED CHEESE GRITS
Discover a cheese grits recipe they won't soon forget! Our cheesy Baked Cheese Grits are a cinch to make and soon to be their favorite.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Gradually add grits, stirring constantly until blended. Cook on low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 cup cheddar, VELVEETA, butter, garlic powder and red pepper; stir until cheeses are melted. Set aside. Beat eggs lightly in small bowl. Add small amount of hot grits mixture to eggs; mix well. Gradually add egg mixture to remaining hot grits mixture, stirring constantly until blended.
- Pour into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 min.; sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake 10 min. Let stand 10 min. before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 320 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 1 g, Protein 9 g
BAKED CHEESE GRITS
The grits mixture will almost fill the entire baking dish and will puff up when baking, but don't worry - it won't overflow. Also, switching sides, these grits can take the place of mashed potatoes anytime.
Provided by Emeril Lagasse
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring water and 3/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a 4-quart heavy pot.
- Add grits in a slow stream, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and gently simmer, stirring frequently to avoid sticking, until very thick, about 30 minutes. (Use a long-handled spoon to avoid bubbling and popping hot grits.)
- Add butter, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper, garlic, and cheese, stirring until butter and cheese are melted. Lightly beat eggs and milk in a small bowl, then stir into grits until combined.
- Pour into an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish (2 inches deep) and bake until set and lightly browned, about 1 hour. Serve immediately.
- *Available at bobsredmill.com.
EASY CHEESY LOADED GRITS
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain., In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat., Add green chiles, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, butter and pepper sauce; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in eggs, then sausage mixture., Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and set, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399 calories, Fat 28g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 116mg cholesterol, Sodium 839mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
BAKED CHEESE GRITS
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Bring 4 cups water, butter, and salt to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to medium; cook until mixture thickens slightly, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add both cheeses; stir until melted. Season with pepper and more salt, if desired. Whisk milk and eggs in small bowl. Gradually whisk mixture into grits.
- Pour cheese grits into prepared dish. Bake until grits feel firm to touch in center (grits will still be soft), about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
More about "cheesy baked grits recipes"
CHEESY BAKED GRITS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsServings 8
- Prepare 1 cup grits according to package directions; remove from heat, and stir in cheese and butter until blended.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt. Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot grits mixture into egg mixture; add to the remaining hot grits mixture, whisking constantly. Spoon mixture evenly into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
CHEESY BAKED GRITS WITH BACON | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHEESY BAKED SHRIMP AND GRITS - THE WEARY CHEF
BAKED GARLIC CHEESE GRITS - SOUTHERN BITE
10 BEST BAKED GRITS CAKES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED GRITS AND CHEESE | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
CHEESY BAKED GRITS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
BAKED CHEESY GRITS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SOUTHERN BAKED CHEESE GRITS - SOUTHERN MADE SIMPLE
QUICK BAKED CHEESE GRITS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BAKED GARLIC CHEESE GRITS | PAULA DEEN
SOUTHERN GARLIC CHEESE GRITS RECIPE - SARAH SCOOP
CHEESY BAKED GRITS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
BAKED CHEESE GRITS - BUNS IN MY OVEN
CHEESY BAKED GRITS RECIPE
CHEESY BAKED GRITS CASSEROLE - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
BAKED CHEESE GRITS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHEESY BAKED GRITS - POLENTA RECIPES
BAKED GARLIC-CHEESE GRITS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED CHEESE GRITS - CHOWHOUND
CREAMY GRITS WITH CREAM CHEESE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE - THE BEST BAKED, CREAMY, CHEESY GRITS!
CHEESY BAKED GRITS WITH BLUE HOKKAIDO SQUASH AND BACON
CHEDDAR CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHEESY GRITS BOWL - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BAKED CHEESE GARLIC GRITS RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
CHEESY BAKED GRITS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
THE CREAMIEST CHEESE GRITS RECIPE EVER | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
CHEESY GRITS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
CHEESY BAKED TIGER SHRIMP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED CHEESE GRITS RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
CHEESY BAKED GRITS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BAKED CHEESY GRITS - FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
SHRIMP COGNAC AND BAKED CHEESE GRITS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHEESY BAKED GRITS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
You'll also love