At the restaurant, we always made three dressings to go with this chef salad...blue cheese, French and Thousand Island. At home, I had to serve all three dressings, too, because everyone had their favorite. Sometimes the kids would use a tablespoon of each. -Eleanore Hill, Fresno, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, beans if desired, onion, radishes, cucumber and tomato. Arrange ham and cheese on top. Cover and refrigerate until serving. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; stir until well blended. Chill for 1 hour. Serve with the salad.
Nutrition Facts :
Main-course salads can be decidedly unvirtuous. So use light mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream in this lightened-up dressing. Other essential ingredients include sliced bacon, cooked turkey breast, Swiss cheese, and cooked ham.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Pork Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook bacon: Heat a large skillet over medium. Add bacon, and cook until browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to cool. Place in a resealable plastic bag; store at room temperature.
- Prep lettuce, meats, and cheese: Cut romaine into 1-inch ribbons; wash well, and dry. Place in a resealable plastic bag; refrigerate. Cut turkey, ham, and cheese into bite-size strips. Place in an airtight container; cover, and refrigerate.
- Make dressing: Squeeze lemon into a small bowl. Mince scallion; add to bowl, along with sour cream, mayonnaise, and 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
- Toss salad: In a large bowl, combine lettuce, meats, and cheese. Add dressing, and toss to coat. Serve salad topped with crumbled bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 g, Fat 18 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 36 g
- Shred carrots and thinly slice radishes. Cut ham into thin strips. Tear lettuces into bite-size pieces and in a bowl toss with sprouts. In a colander rinse and drain chick-peas. Salad ingredients may be prepared up to this point 4 hours ahead and chilled, covered.
- Halve onion lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise. In a medium bowl dissolve salt in ice water and stir in onion. Let onion stand at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Make dressing:
- Chop garlic. In a blender or food processor finely chop herbs and garlic with vinegar and salt and, with motor running, add oil in a stream until blended. Dressing may be made 1 hour ahead and chilled, covered.
- With a vegetable peeler shave thin slices from Parmigiano-Reggiano. Drain onion and pat dry. Halve tomatoes. In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients and toss with dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
This salad eats like a full meal and is similar to the one you'd get at a salad bar. Place your toppings in small containers and the leafy greens in a bowl to allow it to be modified to a person's preference.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Categories Romaine Lettuce Salad
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine romaine and butter lettuce in a large bowl and tear into bite-sized pieces. Toss to mix.
- Add turkey, turkey ham, Swiss cheese, Cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, croutons, and eggs; mix to combine. Drizzle with ranch dressing and toss to combine. Another option is to place all the ingredients into individual dishes to allow guests to customize their chef salads to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.7 g, Cholesterol 78.3 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 1084.9 mg
- Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and put into a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Divide the lettuce among 4 large individual serving bowls. Arrange the cheese, meats, eggs, and avocado, like the spokes of a wheel, on top of each salad. Scatter the tomatoes, cucumbers, and croutons on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and pass the remaining dressing at the table.
As a child growing up in England with an American mother, I had a surprise one day after school when I went home to my best friend's house for dinner. Her mother offered me a salad, which I expected to be like one of my mum's-lots of crunchy ingredients tossed together in a huge salad bowl and served with a delicious dressing. What I got was a single wedge of tomato, a lettuce leaf, a chunk of cucumber and some salad dressing poured over. It didn't quite have the wow factor of my mum's compositions. This salad, inspired by hers, is crisp, satisfying and the colors make it look as good as it tastes.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Add the potatoes, plant-based chicken, watercress, peas, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, scallions and carrots to a large salad bowl.
- Add the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, and a small pinch of salt and pepper to a small jar with a tightly secured lid and shake well.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well until evenly coated.
CHEF SALAD FOR ONE
I love to have a big chef salad for dinner, sometimes, and there are enough ingredients to make a full plate! This recipe serves one, but you can easily multiply it for more servings. These ingredients and quantities are perfect for me, but if you don't like an ingredient, leave it out. If you love bacon, have more! Customize to your or your family's delight. I call this salad a "composed" salad, where the ingredients are placed around the plate, and all the colors are showcased. You can toss it, if you prefer. It's delicious with ranch dressing, but it would also be very tasty with blue cheese dressing.
Provided by Bibi
Categories Romaine Lettuce Salad
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place torn lettuce leaves on a dinner plate.
- Evenly distribute sliced cucumber and bell pepper strips around the plate, and sprinkle carrots on top.
- Add cherry tomatoes, all around the plate, and sprinkle on sliced black olives.
- Place alternating pieces of turkey and ham around the plate, then likewise, with the cheeses.
- Arrange the hard-boiled egg slices on top, and sprinkle with bacon crumbles.
- Drizzle dressing of choice over all and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.1 calories, Carbohydrate 23.3 g, Cholesterol 74.8 mg, Fat 26.2 g, Fiber 8 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 864.2 mg
More about "chef salad recipes"
CHEF SALAD (EASY IN 15 MINUTES!) - WHOLESOME YUM
5/5 (6)Total Time 15 minsCategory SaladCalories 491 per serving
CHEF SALAD RECIPE | PERFECT WORK LUNCH OR MAIN DISH …
SALADS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHEF SALAD RECIPE THAT'S CRISP, CREAMY PERFECTION
HOW TO MAKE A CHEF SALAD (PLUS, WHAT IS IT, ANYWAY?)
SALAD RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
CHEF'S SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
TRADITIONAL CHEF'S SALAD RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
BEST CHEF SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEF SALAD - DELISH
Occupation Food EditorCategory Dinner, Lunch, SaladServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Arrange remaining ingredients on top and season tomatoes, cucumbers, and eggs with salt and pepper.
SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHEF'S SALAD - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
10 TOP SHELF SALAD DRESSING RECIPES FROM TOP CHEFS - HITCHCOCK …
CHEF SALAD WITH HAM - 30 MINUTES MEALS
CHEF SALAD - JO COOKS
ULTIMATE CHEFS SALAD RECIPE FROM RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
CHEF SALAD RECIPE - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
CHEF'S SALAD RECIPE (REMEMBERING NAN) | GIRL HEART FOOD®
CHEF'S SALAD - A FAMILY FEAST®
CHEF SALAD RECIPE - A HEART-WARMING SALAD THAT'S DONE IN 15 …
CHEF SALAD - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
CHEF SALAD RECIPE (HEALTHY LUNCH) - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
SALAD RECIPES - CHEF SOUS CHEF
SALAD - CHEFS & RECIPES
CLASSIC CHEF SALAD - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
10 BEST PAMPERED CHEF SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHEF SALAD? 8 BEST SIDE DISHES - EATDELIGHTS
WHAT IS A CHEF SALAD | GOURMET CUISINE | AMERICAN CAFE
CHEF'S SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC CHEF SALAD RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
CHEF SALAD | METRO
CHEF SALAD - THE COZY COOK
CHEF SALAD - IMMACULATE BITES
CHEF'S SALAD - HEALTHY SCHOOL RECIPES
FRENCH LENTIL SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHEF SALAD RECIPE - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
EASY CHEF SALAD - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
MICHELIN STAR SALAD: GOURMET SALAD RECIPES - FINE DINING LOVERS
CLASSIC CHEF SALAD • NOW COOK THIS!
CHEF SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PIONEER WOMAN MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - CHEFS & RECIPES
25+ DELICIOUS SALAD RECIPES TO MAKE FOR DINNER | EATINGWELL
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #lunch #salads #vegetables #easy #salad-dressings #comfort-food #tomatoes #brunch #taste-mood
You'll also love