CHICKEN, BACON & POTATO STEW
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, or if your slow cooker has a browning function, then use this. Brown the chicken thighs for about 10 mins, until they have a nice golden colour, then remove and set aside. Tip in the bacon and shallots, and brown these, too.
- Tip everything apart from the buttermilk, lemon juice and 1 tbsp tarragon into your slow cooker. Simmer on High for 4-6 hrs, until the chicken is really tender and falling off the bone.
- Check the sauce; if you like it a little thicker, strain liquid into a pan and boil until thickened. Pour in the buttermilk, if using, and whisk until smooth. Sprinkle in the lemon juice and remaining tarragon, season, then return chicken, bacon and veg if you need to.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 1.7 milligram of sodium
POTATO BACON STEW
You should be able to make this dish from staples in your cupboard. It's tasty, inexpensive, made in one pot and easily doubled to feed a crowd!
Provided by Sackville
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- When hot, sauté the onions, garlic and green pepper in the pot for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the bacon and mushrooms and sauté for another couple minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the mix and pour over the canned tomatoes.
- Also add one can of water and the wine.
- Make a couple cuts in the dried pepper, then submerge the pepper in the stew or mix in the crushed chillies.
- Stir in the paprika as well as some black pepper and a bit of salt, if desired.
- Make sure the stew is well mixed, then cover and leave to simmer over a low heat for around 20 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- When the potatoes are done, dissolve the cornflour in a tiny bit of water then pour into the stew.
- Let the stew simmer for another couple minutes.
- Cover, turn off the heat and and leave for five minutes.
- Now you can either repeat the process, adding a bit more cornflour if you want it thicker, or serve if you are happy with the consistency of the sauce.
- Don't forget some nice crusty bread to mop up the juices with!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 646.5, Fat 25.8, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 16.3, Sodium 243.6, Carbohydrate 93.6, Fiber 15.1, Sugar 12.5, Protein 15.8
CHICKEN, CORN, AND POTATO STEW
It looks like there is a lot to do here but it all goes quickly, especially if you use a food processor to grate the russets! The russet potatoes should dissolve and thicken the stew nicely. Talk about comfort food this is it! I'm guessing at the servings as we now have only myself and my DH at home and we had lots left. Excellent with cornbread.
Provided by Annacia
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pat chicken dry and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat butter in a wide heavy 7- to 8-quart pot over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then brown chicken in 2 batches, skin side down first, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken as browned to a plate.
- Add onion to pot along with oregano and remaining teaspoon each salt and pepper and sauté, stirring, until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- Peel and coarsely grate russet potatoes and add to pot with chicken, broth, and water. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken with tongs to a cutting board to cool. Drain cubed yellow potatoes and add to pot.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until cubed potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer, covered, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- While corn is cooking, remove skin and bones from chicken and coarsely shred meat.
- Add meat to pot and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 920.7, Fat 58.2, SaturatedFat 20.2, Cholesterol 201.2, Sodium 1354.2, Carbohydrate 54.3, Fiber 11.5, Sugar 5.3, Protein 48.2
ONE-POT CHICKEN & BACON STEW
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole with a lid. Fry the chicken pieces in batches for 5 mins on each side until well browned, then transfer to a plate. Sizzle the bacon in the casserole for a few mins until beginning to crisp. Stir in the carrots and onions, then cook for 5 mins until starting to soften. Stir in the flour and tomato purée and cook for 1 min more. Finally, splash in the vinegar and stir well.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the bay, cream and seasoning. Slide in the chicken pieces and scatter over the potatoes, turning everything over a few times so that the potatoes are immersed in the sauce. Put the lid on and place in the oven. After 40 mins, remove from the oven and stir in the mushrooms. Cover again and cook in the oven for 10 mins more until the chicken is cooked through and tender but not completely falling off the bone. You can now turn off the heat, and chill and freeze some or all of it (see freezing tips, below). If eating straight away, cook for 10 mins more, then sprinkle over the herbs and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 736 calories, Fat 46 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 60 grams protein, Sodium 1.74 milligram of sodium
BAKED CHICKEN, POTATO, AND BACON CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then arrange on top of the potatoes. Drizzle the chicken dish with olive oil; sprinkle with thyme and rosemary. Crumble the bacon over the top of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the centers and potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.7 calories, Carbohydrate 33.2 g, Cholesterol 62.1 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 21.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 222.4 mg
More about "chicken bacon potato stew recipes"
CHICKEN, BACON AND POTATO STEW | SO DELICIOUS
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 50 minsCuisine FusionCalories 457 per serving
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken breast. Cook and stir until it starts changing color.
- Start melting the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil and the fennel seeds. Cook and continuously stir until the butter melts.
CHICKEN, BACON & POTATO STEW - DAYS TO FITNESS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHICKEN STEW WITH SPINACH, POTATOES & PORCINI - RECIPE ...
10 BEST CHICKEN BACON POTATO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY BACON, CHICKEN & KALE STEW RECIPE | NATURAL GROCERS
CHICKEN STEW - THE SEASONED MOM
CHICKEN, BACON & POTATO STEW RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
COOKTORIA CHICKEN STEW - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
10 BEST CHICKEN BACON POTATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | CHICKEN-BACON--POTATO-STEW ...
RECIPE: CHICKEN, BACON & POTATO STEW | ALLABOUTDANIELLE
CHICKEN, BACON & POTATO STEW RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHICKEN STEW - GONNA WANT SECONDS
ROSé SPRING CHICKEN STEW RECIPE WITH BACON AND POTATOES ...
HOMEMADE HEARTY CHICKEN BACON STEW - KITCHEN DIVAS
CHICKEN BACON POTATO STEW RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN STEW WITH BACON - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHICKEN AND POTATO STEW - LET'S DISH RECIPES
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN, BACON, AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE
CHICKEN AND POTATO STEW - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
BACON LIME SWEET POTATO SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CHICKEN STEW WITH POTATOES - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
CHICKEN & BACON STEW RECIPE BY CHEFBENJI - COOKPAD
25 CHICKEN AND BACON RECIPES TO TRY ASAP | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN, BACON AND PESTO PLAIT - THE BATCH LADY
CHICKEN BACON POTATO CASSEROLE (VIDEO) - MUNCHKIN TIME
SALT PORK AND POTATO STEW WITH ONIONS RECIPE
CHICKEN, BACON & POTATO STEW - CRECIPE.COM
POTATO, CORN, AND CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN, BACON & POTATO STEW - MASTERCOOK
POTATO CHICKEN STEW RECIPE
CHICKEN STEW WITH BACON UP® - BACONUP
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put in a chicken and potato stew?This hearty stew, loaded with tender chicken, potatoes, carrots and fresh thyme, is the perfect comfort food for a chilly evening. In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
How to cook chicken thighs with potatoes and bacon?Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then arrange on top of the potatoes. Drizzle the chicken dish with olive oil; sprinkle with thyme and rosemary. Crumble the bacon over the top of the dish. Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the centers and potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
How to cook potatoes in a crock pot with chicken?Stir in flour, bay leaf, thyme, poultry seasoning and paprika. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes. Add 4 cups of broth, potatoes, browned chicken and bacon to the pot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer (covered) for about 15-20 minutes (or until the potatoes are tender).
How long does it take to cook a chicken stew?A simple, hearty and nourishing Chicken Stew is ready for the table in about 1 hour! Loaded with bacon, tender meat, vegetables, potatoes and herbs, the creamy chicken stew is a flavorful, easy dinner that the whole family will love.