SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place chicken in a baking dish and cook in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a small saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Cook sun-dried tomatoes in the boiling water until soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the water and puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic in butter and oil until garlic turns brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the cream of chicken soup and milk. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir in the pureed tomato and simmer 5 minutes. Add baked chicken breasts to the pan and simmer until chicken is completely cooked through and juices run clear, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 108.7 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 37.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 450.3 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN BREASTS
Skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce cooked in a skillet. Easy, one-pan recipe. Chicken breasts are tender, moist and never dry thanks to a rich, silky creamy sauce. Make the sauce by roasting garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in the skillet, adding the cream, shredded Mozzarella cheese, and just the right amount of spices (basil and crushed red pepper)! One of the best ways to cook chicken breasts!
Provided by Julia
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Note: if using sun-dried tomatoes in oil (in a jar), make sure to drain sun-dried tomatoes from oil, before using them. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this drained oil for sauteing as described below:
- In a large pan, on medium heat, saute garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) in 2 tablespoons of oil (reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar - see note above) for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Remove sun-dried tomatoes and garlic from the pan, leaving the olive oil in the pan.
- Add chicken breasts, halved horizontally, salted and lightly covered in paprika (for color).
- Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Cover the pan with the lid, remove from heat, and let the chicken sit, cooking in its own juices, with heat off, until completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet. Chicken could have released juices - in my case it was 1/2 cup of juices. Remove the juices from the skillet, to avoid greasiness.
- To the same skillet (from which you removed the chicken and the juices), add back sun-dried tomatoes and garlic.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream, bring to boil.
- Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, immediately reduce to simmer, constantly stirring to melt the cheese.
- Add 1 cup of milk gradually, whisking until nice and smooth, while on simmer.
- Add basil and crushed red pepper - mix to combine.
- Add cooked chicken breasts. Season with salt. Reheat until warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 632 kcal, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 39 g, Fat 41 g, SaturatedFat 20 g, Cholesterol 182 mg, Sodium 463 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 19 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKEN BREAST WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
Sun-dried tomatoes provide intense flavor in this delightful chicken entree. If you have all the ingredients for this dish ready before you start to cook, the recipe comes together quickly.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring 1/2 cup broth to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes; let stand for 10 minutes. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1 teaspoon garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining broth; cook 2 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender. Remove mushroom mixture and set aside., Rub chicken with remaining garlic. In the same skillet, brown chicken in oil for 3 minutes on each side. Stir in tomato mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; slice and keep warm., In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in milk until smooth; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom mixture. Spoon over chicken. Serve with pasta if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 416mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND GARLIC CRUST
- Combine breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil reserved from tomatoes and garlic in processor. Using on/off turns, process until tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil reserved from tomatoes in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until skin is crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken, skin side up, to heavy rimmed baking sheet. Spoon breadcrumb mixture atop chicken, dividing equally and pressing to adhere. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on plates and serve.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN
My husband likes to order a particular chicken entree at a local restaurant, so I created a lighter version he can enjoy at home. The sun-dried tomatoes are wonderful combined with the goat cheese. We serve it with a green salad and Italian bread. -Anna Rhyne of Anderson, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, wine or broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in basil., Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread each with 1/4 cup tomato mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Crumble goat cheese over tomato mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with a toothpick or small metal skewer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. , Place chicken in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon pan juices over chicken and remove toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 113mg cholesterol, Sodium 622mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- Soak sun dried tomatoes in 1 cup chicken broth for 30 minutes.
- Cook the mushrooms, onion and 2 cloves of garlic in 2 Tbsp of chicken broth for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook chicken and other 2 cloves of garlic in olive oil over medium heat until brown on both sides, sprinkling with meat tenderizer and pepper. Add the tomato mixture and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from the skillet, slice into thin strips and keep warm.
- Add pasta to boiling water so it will cook while the chicken is simmering.
- Combine the milk, cornstarch and basil. Add to the tomato mixture. Boil and stir for one minute. Stir in the chicken and mushroom mixture.
- Sauce can be served over the pasta, or stir the pasta right in with the sauce.
CHICKEN BREASTS IN FOIL WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND OLIVES
- Place rack in center of oven, and preheat to 450 degrees. Combine olives, sun-dried tomatoes, their oil and fresh herbs in bowl.
- Fold 12 squares of aluminum foil in half to make creases at center, unfold, and lightly coat shiny sides with teaspoon of vegetable oil on each. Lightly salt and pepper chicken breasts on both sides. Place each breast on shiny side of a piece of foil, just to one side of crease. Spoon tomato mixture over each breast, leaving 1/4-inch border around edges.
- Loosely fold foil over chicken, then crimp edges of packet to seal it tightly. Place packets on baking sheet, and bake on center rack for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes. To avoid possibility of burning by steam, cut slit in packets before opening them.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 267, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 548 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- In a small saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil; add tomatoes and lemon zest. Reduce to a simmer; cook until tomatoes have softened, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain, and pat dry with paper towels. Slice tomatoes into 1/4-inch strips.
- In a medium bowl, toss tomato mixture with olives, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Rub chicken all over with remaining tablespoon oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; sprinkle with tomato mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate until ready to use, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake (covered with foil) 20 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 47 g
ITALIAN SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN BREASTS
- Place all ingredients in 2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 650 mg
SUN-DRIED TOMATO STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chicken breasts, ball of mozzarella, sun-dried tomato, fresh basil leaf, salt, black pepper, dried oregano, cocktail stick
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, Gas Mark 6 (200°C.)
- Dice the mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces and tear the basil leaves.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Cut a very deep slit lengthways into the chicken, but do not cut all the way through - spread it out a bit if necessary to give you more room to work with.
- Stuff to the brim with the fillings
- Use a few cocktail sticks to hold the chicken together and place on a baking tray.
- Pour a tablespoon of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar over each chicken breast.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Remove the cocktail sticks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355 calories, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 54 grams, Sugar 0 grams
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO-CREAM SAUCE
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate; tent with foil to keep warm. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to drippings in skillet. Add sun-dried tomatoes, shallots and garlic. Reduce heat to medium and sauté until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add cream and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Mix any accumulated juices from chicken into sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
CHICKEN BREASTS IN SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM
This is great. Easy enough to prepare after work, yet elegant enough for company and with flavor to spare. This is a recipe that came from a member of my daughters online playgroup. (Thanks Alice) It is very simple and delicious, but impressive. Your guests will think that you are indeed a "chef". I like to double the sauce recipe and serve this with pasta. Also a quick note: for a variation that tastes just like Johnny Carino's Chicken Scaloppini, make sure to double the sauce recipe and add diced bacon and chopped Roma tomatoes and serve over angel hair pasta.
Provided by Khandi Howard
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat sun-dried tomato oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté chicken in oil 8 minutes, turning once, until browned and cooked though.
- Transfer to a plate.
- To skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until they are lightly browned and have released most of their liquid.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, cream, tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper flakes and mushrooms.
- Bring to boil and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken just to heat through.
- Note: Two TBSP of sun-dried tomato slivers is equal to about 4 sun-dried tomato halves.
- Buy sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- They come pre-seasoned.
- They cut into slivers easily with a kitchen scissors.
- I also like to flatten chicken breasts with a mallet or rolling pin to help cook more evenly.
More about "chicken breasts with sun dried tomatoes recipes"
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
4.9/5 (45)Total Time 35 minsCategory EasyCalories 766 per serving
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes and water in a blender or smoothie cup and process for 60-90 seconds, until it resembles tomato sauce.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, until deep golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the chicken and fry for an additional 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and remove the chicken from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add the sun-dried tomato mixture. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add the cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir.
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO SAUCE
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - SOUTHERN …
CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES RECIPES
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE …
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
SUN DRIED TOMATO, SPINACH & CHEESE BAKED STUFFED …
CHICKEN WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - DAMN …
17 TOMATO CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE
SUN DRIED TOMATO BAKED CHICKEN - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
CHICKEN WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - CAMPBELL'S KITCHEN …
CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES AND SUN DRIED TOMATOES - SEASONS AND …
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN - SIP AND FEAST
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN (20 MIN!) | WHOLESOME YUM
SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN BAKE - SARAH FRAGOSO - RECIPES
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN — LET'S DISH RECIPES
CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN (LOW-CARB/KETO) - GIMME …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN (30 MINUTE RECIPE!) - NO SPOON …
CREAMY TUSCAN CHICKEN RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CREAMY CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN | SKILLET RECIPE - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
SEARED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO FUSILLI
CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES RECIPES
SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
CREAMY TUSCAN CHICKEN WITH SPINACH AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
PASTA WITH CHICKEN AND SUN DRIED TOMATO RECIPE – KUMA KNIVES
CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO PARMESAN CHICKEN (NO CREAM)
CHICKEN WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND ARTICHOKES
CHICKEN IN SUN DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND ARTICHOKES
GRILLED SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SUN-DRIED TOMATO MARINATED CHICKEN (WHOLE30 - EVERY LAST BITE
MARRY ME CHICKEN (CHICKEN IN A SUN DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE)
GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SUN-DRIED & FRESH TOMATO SALSA
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pasta #poultry #vegetables #chicken #meat #chicken-breasts #pasta-rice-and-grains #tomatoes
You'll also love