CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CALZONES
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Pat the broccoli dry, then combine it with the chicken, mozzarella, and pesto in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough into a 12 inch round. Mound half of the filling onto one half of the round, leaving a 1 inch border along the edges. Brush the edges with water. Fold the other half of the round over the filling and press or pinch the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Transfer the calzones to the prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut 5 slits diagonally across the top of each calzone. Brush oil over the top and sprinkle with coarse kosher salt. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Serve alongside calzones.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444 kcal, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 28 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 850 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CALZONES
Calzones are a terrific lunch idea for the grab-and-go types. If you have more time in the kitchen then consider these options: when cooking for one, try freezing the remaining three calzones for other meals and baking them from frozen. For family meals, get kids involved rolling out the dough or picking vegetables for the filling to help teach them about healthy choices.
Provided by Developed for CFC by Amanda Garbutt
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, stir together the broccoli, tomato sauce, olive oil, shredded chicken, cheese and fresh basil.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-inch circle. Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon a fourth of the chicken mixture onto half of the circle. Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- With a sharp knife, make a small slash on each calzone; this will let any steam escape. Beat egg and water; brush over calzones. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts :
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CALZONE
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella and broccoli. Mix well. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roll dough out to a 12-inch circle. Spread cheese filling over 1 side of circle, to within 1-inch of the edge. Lift 1 side of dough and fold over so that it meets the other side, forming a half moon, and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer calzone to a large baking sheet sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake 15 minutes, until puffed up golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CALZONES
"Smoked mozarella cheese and golden raisins add to the excellent flavor of the broccoli and chicken in these easy-to-fix calzones," says field Editor Iola Egle from Bella Vista, Arkansas.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 calzones.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Sprinkle with sage; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the broccoli, chicken, cheese, basil and raisins; set aside., On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-in. circle. Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon a fourth of the chicken mixture onto half of the circle. Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. , With a sharp knife, make two slashes on each calzone. Beat egg and water; brush over calzones. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 709 calories, Fat 26g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 157mg cholesterol, Sodium 932mg sodium, Carbohydrate 75g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 49g protein.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CALZONES RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by flour_arrangements
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Sprinkle with sage; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the broccoli, chicken, cheese, basil and raisins; set aside. 2. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-in. circle. Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon a fourth of the chicken mixture onto half of the circle. Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. 3. With a sharp knife, make two slashes on each calzone. Beat egg and water; brush over calzones. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
EASY CHICKEN CALZONES
We folded Pillsbury classic pie crust over ricotta cheese, cooked chicken, Italian blend cheese and seasonings to make our hearty Easy Chicken Calzones. They're ready in just 1 hour.
Provided by Sarah Caron
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place baking stone in oven. Heat oven to 425°F. Let stone heat in oven 30 minutes.
- On pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal, unroll dough. Spread ricotta cheese evenly over dough to about 1/2 inch from edge. Sprinkle with herbs de Provence. Sprinkle chicken over half of dough; top chicken with cheese blend.
- Fold dough in half over filling to form pocket; press edges to seal. Slide calzone onto heated baking stone.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
BROCCOLI, PEPPERONI AND THREE CHEESE CALZONES
- In a large bowl, proof the yeast by blending it with 1/4 cup of the warm water. Let stand until it bubbles.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Blend in the one tablespoon of olive oil by rubbing the mixture between the palms of your hands. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add proofed yeast mixture and work in by hand. Gradually add the remaining warm water. Blend well and gather into a ball.
- Place one teaspoon of olive oil on a wooden board. Knead dough on board until smooth. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a towel. Let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Meanwhile, prepare calzone filling: separate the broccoli tops from the stalks. Soak in cool water with 1 teaspoon salt for 15 minutes. Rinse in cool water. Cook in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well and chop into small pieces. Place in large bowl with provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, pepperoni, olive oil, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Punch down dough and knead for one minute. Divide into six equal pieces. On a floured board, roll each section into a 8x10 inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl combine the beaten egg and water. On the long side of the dough, place 2/3 cup filling in a strip one inch away from the edges of the dough. Flatten the filling with a spoon. Brush egg mixture over edges of dough. Fold the dough over the filling. Fold edges under 1/4 inch. Seal edges.
- Sprinkle two 12x16 inch baking pans with cornmeal. Place three calzones on each baking pan. Brush remaining egg mixture on top of calzones. Prick tops of calzones with toothpick, making holes 1/2 inch apart on top of dough.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 731.5 calories, Carbohydrate 73.3 g, Cholesterol 88.7 mg, Fat 36.2 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 1660.2 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
CHICKEN, CHEESE, AND BROCCOLI CALZONE
- Position oven rack in middle position; preheat to 450°.
- Pat broccoli dry and toss with mozzarella, chicken, and pesto; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On a floured counter, roll out dough to 12-inch round, about ¼ inch thick.
- Mound filling over half of dough, leaving a 1-inch border around edge.
- Brush edges of dough with water.
- Fold other half of dough over filling and press edges to seal.
- Grease baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil; slide wide spatula under calzone and tranfer to baking sheet.
- Use sharp knife or kitchen shears to cut 5 slits diagonally across top.
- Brush remaining oil over top and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Cool briefly, cut into slices and serve.
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CALZONE
If you like chicken hot pockets or pizzas you'll love this! This is a wonderful blend of flavors all mixed into a Calzone.
Provided by Angie Meneou
Yield 2 large calzones, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Dough: Dissolve Yeast in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes, or until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, oil, sugar, salt, and oregano leaf.
- Add in the yeast water mixture.
- Mix well until a ball forms.
- Spread extra four on kneading board, knead dough for 8 minutes, adding flour as needed until the right consistency is formed.
- Set aside in greased bowl, covered with damp cloth, in a warm area of the kitchen for 30 minutes.
- This dough should rise to twice its size.
- Mean while, shred cooked chicken breast meat.
- Mix in Chipotle sauce.
- Mix well until blended completely.
- Mix in soup, seasonings, cheese, and broccoli.
- Split dough into two balls.
- Roll out first ball until 1/4" to 3/8" thickness.
- Place 1/2 of chicken mix to the center of the round dough leaving at least 1.
- 5" of uncovered dough around the edge.
- Moisten the edge with water.
- Fold over dough to form 1/2 circle.
- Crimp edges forming a decorative pie crust style edge.
- Set aside on greased cookie sheet and begin to build 2nd calzone.
- Set both aside for 30 minutes to allow dough to rise.
- Break an egg over a small bowl, being careful not to add the yolk.
- Mix egg white with fork until loose and fluffy.
- Brush egg white over the top of the calzones before placing in the oven.
- This will make them golden brown.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 832.9, Fat 27.7, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 63.6, Sodium 1349.1, Carbohydrate 117.3, Fiber 25.8, Sugar 6.9, Protein 38.4
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion; cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add broccoli, garlic, and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Form calzones: Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, stretch each piece out, first to a 3-by-4-inch oval, then stretch again, this time to a 6-by-8-inch oval. (Let dough rest a few minutes if too elastic to work with.)
- Stir cheeses into cooled broccoli mixture; season generously with salt and pepper. Assemble calzones: Spread a rounded 1/2 cup broccoli mixture over half of each piece of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; fold over to form a half-moon. Press edges to seal. With a paring knife, cut 2 slits in the top of each calzone.
- Using a wide metal spatula with a thin blade, transfer calzones to 2 baking sheets lined with parchment or waxed paper; reshape if needed.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Serve with tomato sauce, if desired.
More about "chicken broccoli calzones recipes"
CREAMY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CALZONES | BEV COOKS
CHICKEN RANCH BROCCOLI CALZONES - MY STORY IN RECIPES
CHICKEN ALFREDO CALZONES - LUNCH VERSION | ONCE A …
CHEESY BROCCOLI, CHICKEN & PESTO CALZONE - LAURA LEA …
CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND CHEESE CALZONE RECIPE - FAMILY …
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST CHICKEN CALZONE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN CHIPOTLE CALZONES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
25 EASY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CHEESY CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CALZONES — BLESS THIS MESS
FAMILY-STYLE CHICKEN BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CALZONES RECIPE …
LOADED CALZONE RECIPE WITH VEGGIES AND CHICKEN - EAT …
CHICKEN & BROCCOLI CALZONES | FLYING ON JESS FUEL
BUFFALO CHICKEN CALZONES - BEST CRAFTS AND RECIPES
PESTO-CHICKEN CALZONES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CALZONES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
BROCCOLI AND CHICKEN CALZONE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
HEALTHY CHICKEN VEGETABLE CALZONE - OUR FARMER HOUSE
CHICKEN BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CALZONE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BROCCOLI, CHEDDAR, AND RANCH CHICKEN CALZONES RECIPE
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CALZONES | RECIPE | RECIPES, CALZONE, CALZONE RECIPE
BROCCOLI RICOTTA CALZONES - TEASPOON OF SPICE
CORN & BROCCOLI CALZONES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
FAMILY-STYLE CHICKEN BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CALZONES | RECIPE CART
CHEESY BROCCOLI CALZONE RECIPE - TESCO REAL FOOD
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CALZONES RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
BROCCOLI AND CHICKEN CALZONE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CALZONES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI ALFREDO CALZONES - ANDREEA'S KITCHEN
BROCCOLI AND CHICKEN CALZONES - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CALZONES - RECIPE GIRL
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CALZONES » CHICKEN FARMERS OF SASKATCHEWAN
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CALZONES | CALZONE, RECIPES, TURKEY SANDWICHES …
CHICKEN BROCCOLI CALZONES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
You'll also love