CREAMY CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY
Mooove over, real cream - this curry is made rich and creamy with (cow-free) cashew cream, which is remarkably similar to heavy cream in appearance, taste, and in-sauce behavior. In fact, cashew cream actually thickens up faster. You won't need anything too exotic, besides maybe garam masala, to make this straightforward recipe. Garnish with whole cashews, lime wedges, and cilantro. Serve with rice, garlic naan, or both!
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Mix salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, turmeric, and garam masala together in a small bowl.
- Cut a chicken thigh in half lengthwise along the crease. Halve the thicker portion to end up with three 2-inch pieces. Repeat with remaining chicken thighs.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Add oil and about 1/2 of the spice blend; mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 4 to 12 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large pan over high heat until melted and golden brown. Add the chicken in a single layer. Cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Return chicken and accumulated juices to the bowl.
- Heat remaining butter in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, remaining spice blend, tomato paste, garlic, and ginger. Cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices.
- Combine water and cashews in a blender; blend on high speed until very smooth. Stir cashew cream into the pan. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until flavors blend, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in green onions and cilantro; taste for seasoning. Squeeze in lime juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.4 calories, Carbohydrate 9.4 g, Cholesterol 76.8 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 823.9 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEWS
- Heat butter in a 5- to 6-quart wide heavy pot over moderately low heat until foam subsides, then cook onions, garlic, and ginger, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook, stirring to coat, 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, including juice, and cilantro and bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes. (If making ahead, see cooks' note, below.)
- Just before serving:
- Pulse cashews in a food processor or electric coffee/spice grinder until very finely ground, then add to curry along with yogurt and simmer gently, uncovered, stirring, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEWS
This Sri Lankan curry goes together fairly quickly despite the long list of ingredients. I used skinless, boneless thigh meat, because it always stays moist and can absorb a lot of flavor from a short marinade in ginger, garlic and spices. To intensify the taste, the cashews and coconut are used two ways. First, a handful of each is ground to a powder and added to the sauce. Then after simmering for 30 minutes or so, the curry is finished with a generous cup of thick coconut milk and garnished with toasted cashews. I also added, because I like it and thought it would harmonize nicely, a totally nontropical vegetable, parsnip - optional, but delicious.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and put it in a mixing bowl. Add ginger and garlic and massage into meat. In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast cloves, fennel, cardamom, allspice, cumin and coriander until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Grind the toasted spices to a fine powder in an electric spice mill and add to chicken. Add turmeric, cayenne and lemon juice and mix well. Let marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Put cashews on a baking sheet and roast until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool. Spread the shredded coconut on the baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, then let cool. Grind the coconut with 1/4 cup cashews in a spice mill or small food processor to make a rough powder. Reserve 1/2 cup roasted cashews for garnish.
- Bring a small saucepan of lightly salted water to a simmer, then add parsnips and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a wide heavy-bottomed pot, heat ghee over medium-high heat. Add cooked parsnips, if using, and sauté until lightly browned. Remove and reserve. Add chicken pieces to the pot, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, then remove and set aside. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes more. Add tomato paste and let it sizzle with onions for a minute or two. Add broth and bring to a brisk simmer, stirring with a wooden spoon and scraping up any caramelized bits from the pot. Add cinnamon stick, chicken and the ground coconut and cashew mixture. Adjust heat to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, until chicken is tender. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- To finish the dish, stir in coconut milk and add reserved parsnips. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until parsnips are heated through and the sauce has thickened slightly. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with reserved cashews. Garnish with mint and cilantro sprigs, if using.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 637, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 33 grams, SaturatedFat 20 grams, Sodium 902 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEWS
- Heat butter in a 5- to 6-quart wide heavy pot over moderately low heat until foam subsides, then cook onions, garlic, and ginger, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring to coat, 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, including juice, and cilantro and bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving:.
- Pulse cashews in a food processor or electric coffee/spice grinder until very finely ground, then add to curry along with coconut milk and simmer gently, uncovered, stirring, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 575.9, Fat 41.9, SaturatedFat 21.9, Cholesterol 145, Sodium 1465.3, Carbohydrate 20.5, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 5.4, Protein 34.4
CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY
- Heat butter in a 5- to 6-quart wide heavy pot over moderately low heat until foam subsides, then cook onions, garlic, and ginger, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook, stirring to coat, 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, including juice, and cilantro and bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Just before serving: pulse cashews in a food processor or electric coffee/spice grinder until very finely ground, then add to curry along with yogurt and simmer gently, uncovered, stirring, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Note: Curry, without yogurt and cashews, can be made 5 days ahead and cooled completely, uncovered, then chilled, covered; reheat over low heat before stirring in yogurt and ground cashews.
CASHEW-CURRY CHICKEN SALAD
My husband and I fell hard for the curried chicken salad from our grocery store deli, and I knew I could find a way to make something similar. This greek yogurt chicken salad has become one of our favorites to take on trips to the beach. -Janine Cooper-Moren, Portland, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 267mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
This easy low-carb lunch is packed with iron rich veggies, crunchy cashews and chicken. Serve with your favourite steamed greens and a scattering of coriander
Provided by Joe Wicks
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Put the onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and coriander stalks in a small food processor and blitz to a paste.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the cashews and toast for 1-2 mins until light golden. Set aside and return the pan to the heat. Add the oil and stir-fry the paste for 5 mins to soften. Add the garam masala and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and stock to the pan. Mix well, then tip into a blender with the cashews and blitz until smooth. Return to the pan, season and bring to the boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 mins until the sauce has thickened then add the chicken, cover with a lid and simmer for another 15 mins, until the chicken is cooked through. Add the yogurt and cream (if using), and stir well to make a creamy sauce.
- Scatter with the coriander leaves and serve with the greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 508 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 17 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 58 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
More about "chicken curry with cashews recipes"
CASHEW CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
GINGER CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE WITH CASHEWS
CHICKEN AND CASHEW NUT CURRY RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
QUICK CHICKEN CURRY WITH BEANS AND CASHEWS RECIPE
EASY CREAMY CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.5/5 (10)Category Chicken, Curry, Dinner, EasyServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- Soak the almonds and cashews in 1½ cups of boiling water for 5 minutes before blending until fine.
- In the meanwhile, fry the onion, garlic and ginger in a tablespoon of coconut oil (or any other oil of your choice) until soft and fragrant.
- Add the spices and fry for another 30 seconds then pour in the blended nuts, sugar and coconut milk and allow to come to a simmer.
- Add the chicken breast cubes and turn the heat down. Allow the curry to simmer for 10-12 minutes. If the sauce is too thick for your liking, you can add ½-1 cup of chicken stock or water. When the chicken is just cooked and the sauce has thickened, season to taste.
CHICKEN CURRY WITH ROASTED CASHEWS - HEALTHY STEPS NUTRITION
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEWS RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY (IN A HURRY!) - GIMME SOME OVEN
CREAMY CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEWS - SPICE FUSION EXOTIC SPICE …
CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | CHICKEN CURRY | FOOD RECIPE DIARY
SRI LANKAN CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEWS - BLUE MOON COMMUNITY FARM
CHICKEN CASHEW CURRY RECIPE - THE SPICE HOUSE
SILK CREAMY CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY - DISHES & DUST BUNNIES
CHICKEN CASHEW CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CREAMY CASHEW INDIAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST …
CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEWS - SPRINKLES AND SAUCE
CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY – PACHAKAM.COM
CURRIED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED CASHEWS - CHATELAINE
CHICKEN AND CASHEW MASSAMAN CURRY | FOODIE ON BOARD
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEW NUTS - RECIPE52.COM
CREAMY CASHEW BUTTER CHICKEN - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CASHEWS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN CURRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CURRIED CHICKEN AND CASHEWS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CASHEW CHICKEN (BETTER-THAN-TAKE-OUT)- CURRY TRAIL
CURRY CHICKEN WITH CASHEWS - BABAMAIL
DINNER TONIGHT: CASHEW CHICKEN CURRY WITH CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE
CASHEW COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY - THE SPICED LIFE
CASHEW & COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY WITH SPICED RICE RECIPE
CASHEW & CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD WITH GRAPES & CASHEWS
CHICKEN CASHEW CURRY RECIPE | SHEMIN'S INDIAN RECIPES
#curries #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #easy #chicken #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love