PESTO CHICKEN PENNE CASSEROLE
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil in a small bowl until evenly moistened; set aside.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken in a bowl with the Italian cheese blend, spinach, tomatoes, alfredo sauce, pesto sauce, and milk. Stir in the pasta once done, and scoop into the prepared baking dish. Top with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and golden brown on top, 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 760.2 calories, Carbohydrate 40.7 g, Cholesterol 114.1 mg, Fat 47.2 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 45.4 g, SaturatedFat 18.2 g, Sodium 1209.9 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
CHICKEN PESTO PENNE
We had a wonderful pasta dish at a local restaurant and I have spent time recreating and (blush blush) I think improving on it. This is not low fat, but it is nice for a once in a while treat. If you want to indulge even more, perhaps for company, (and make it taste even better) use full fat cream instead of the half and half! I use bought, jarred pesto but homemade would be even better. I hope you enjoy it!
Provided by Paja9203
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season and saute the chicken breast. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne in salted boiling water.
- In the same pan as the chicken breast, saute mushrooms and onion. When almost done, add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add cream and pesto and bring to a boil. Put the chicken back in the pan and add the sun-dried tomatoes Simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add most of the parmesan (reserving a little for the top).
- Drain the penne saving some of the water.
- Add the penne to the sauce and stir. Add reserved water if needed to thin the sauce.
- Serve penne topped with the saved parmesan and basil if using.
CHICKEN PESTO PENNE
"Served with a side dish of vegetables, this makes a filling meal for two," writes Bill Hilbrich of Saint Cloud, Minnesota. "Sometimes I use cooked shrimp instead of chicken."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, sour cream and pesto. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to Parmesan mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Fat 17g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 81mg cholesterol, Sodium 282mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
PENNE WITH PESTO
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Meanwhile, pluck the basil leaves from the stems (you should have about 2 cups leaves). Wash the leaves in a large bowl of cold water and dry in a salad spinner or pat dry with paper towels. Smash and peel the garlic.
- Put the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the processor running, gradually add the olive oil and process until the pesto is smooth. Transfer the pesto to a large bowl and stir in the cheese. Season with the salt and some pepper.
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat and salt it generously. Add the penne and boil, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and save about 1/4 cup pasta cooking water. Add the pasta to the bowl. Use tongs and toss with enough of the cooking water so the pesto coats the pasta evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Upgrades: a. Make the pesto creamy by adding 1/4 cup ricotta cheese when processing the basil, garlic, and pine nuts. This is great with tortellini or ravioli. b. Top dressed pesto pasta with 1/2 pound diced large or halved small fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini), 3 medium tomatoes cut in large chunks, and 1/2 cup pitted black olives, (we like kalamata for this), roughly chopped. c. Add cooked 1 to 2 cups chicken or shrimp.
- Twists on Pesto: In place of basil, try the following combination: 1 cup parsley, 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves. Substitute walnuts for the pine nuts
PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND PESTO
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken and garlic until chicken is almost cooked. Reduce heat and stir in salt, pepper, cream, pesto and Parmesan cheese. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Stir in cooked pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.1 calories, Carbohydrate 42.6 g, Cholesterol 96.9 mg, Fat 26.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 12.6 g, Sodium 164.2 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
PESTO CHICKEN AND PENNE NOODLES
Penne Noodles with Pesto Sauce and Grilled Chicken. Very Good. Serve with fancy shredded Mozzerella Cheese.
Provided by Nellhere
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook Penne noodles til tender. Do not overcook. Rinse.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Pour noodles back in pan with butter and toss with the olive oil.
- Add Pesto sauce. Toss.
- Add cooked chicken breast chunks. Toss well.
- Serve with finely grated mozzerella cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 606.9, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 4.1, Cholesterol 71.1, Sodium 181.7, Carbohydrate 91.7, Fiber 13.4, Protein 31.4
ONE-PAN GARLIC CHICKEN PESTO PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: canola oil, chicken breasts, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, heavy cream, grated parmesan cheese, pesto, penne pasta, cherry tomato, parmesan cheese, fresh basil
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned.
- Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly combined.
- Next, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced, about five to seven minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. Remove from heat.
- To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 892 calories, Carbohydrate 99 grams, Fat 36 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 47 grams, Sugar 6 grams
PESTO-CHICKEN PENNE CASSEROLES
Creamy, flavorful and so easy to fix, this meal-in-one will wow family and friends. Get ready for recipe requests for this easy chicken casserole! -Laura Kayser, Ankeny, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese blend, spinach, tomatoes, Alfredo sauce, milk and pesto. Drain pasta and add to chicken mixture; toss to coat., Transfer to 2 greased 8-in. square baking dishes. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and oil; sprinkle over casseroles., Cover and freeze 1 casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly., To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612 calories, Fat 30g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 829mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 42g protein.
More about "chicken pesto penne recipes"
PENNE WITH CHICKEN & PESTO – LES MARCHéS TRADITIONS
Servings 6Total Time 20 mins
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PASTA RECIPE - ALDI
ONE POT PESTO CHICKEN PENNE - HEALTHY MEAL PLANS
CHICKEN PESTO PENNE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES – THE SISTERS ...
CHICKEN & VEGETABLE PENNE WITH PARSLEY-WALNUT PESTO RECIPE ...
30 MINUTE PESTO PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND CHERRY …
CHICKEN PESTO PENNE | CANADIAN LIVING
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PENNE WITH BROCCOLI - FOODIECRUSH.COM
CHICKEN PESTO PENNE
LEMON-GARLIC CHICKEN PENNE WITH PESTO AND SPINACH RECIPE ...
PENNE WITH CHICKEN, BASIL PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO
PESTO CHICKEN WITH PENNE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST PENNE PASTA WITH CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONE PAN PESTO CHICKEN RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
ONE POT CHICKEN PESTO PASTA -- THE RECIPE REBEL [VIDEO]
PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND PESTO RECIPE
CHICKEN PESTO PASTA (QUICK AND EASY!) | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
ONE POT PESTO CHICKEN PENNE RECIPE | THE DOMESTIC GEEK
ONE POT PESTO CHICKEN PENNE | TRULOCAL RECIPE
PARMESAN PESTO CHICKEN PENNE PASTA - AVERIE COOKS
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PASTA - VALENTINA'S CORNER
BAKED CHICKEN WITH PESTO AND PENNE - COOKING CHAT
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PASTA - JULIA'S ALBUM
PESTO CHICKEN PENNE RECIPE | SIBA MTONGANA | COOKING CHANNEL
KALE PESTO CHICKEN PENNE PASTA RECIPE | WHOLEFULLY
10 BEST BASIL PESTO CHICKEN PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONE-POT CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN PENNE PASTA » MOTHER THYME
CHICKEN PENNE PESTO | PASTA, CHICKEN RECIPE | NO RECIPE ...
PESTO PENNE WITH DELI-ROASTED CHICKEN | MIDWEST LIVING
CHICKEN PESTO PASTA - THE WHOLESOME DISH
SUPERFAST PESTO PENNE WITH CHICKEN, FENNEL, AND PARMESAN ...
CHICKEN PESTO PASTA (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
THE 8 BEST TIKTOK PASTA RECIPES: PENNE VODKA, CREAMY LEMON ...
ONE POT CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PASTA RECIPE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
PESTO PENNE WITH DELI-ROASTED CHICKEN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BEST TRADER JOE'S PESTO PENNE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO ...
CHICKEN PESTO PENNE PASTA | DUDE THAT COOKZ
CHICKEN PENNE PASTA - AHEAD OF THYME
PESTO PARMESAN CRISPY CHICKEN PENNE | PESTO CHICKEN PASTA ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pasta #pasta-rice-and-grains #penne
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook penne pasta with chicken and pesto?Drain the penne and add it to the chicken. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil Toss together and once everything is hot, turn the heat off. Spoon a few tablespoons of the pesto onto the penne & chicken. Toss to combine. You can add more pesto if needed, or if the penne looks thick, add some of the reserved pasta water
How to Cook Pasta with pesto mix?Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk the pesto mix, milk and oil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add chicken; heat through. Drain pasta. Add to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
How much pesto do you add to a cooked Penne?Add the cooked penne to the skillet, as well as 4 heaping tablespoons of the pesto. Stir it all together, then transfer to a serving bowl.
How to cook chicken parmesan for pasta?Preparation Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Then, mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly combined. Next, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced, about five to seven minutes.