BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA WITH BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONIONS
I had a hankering for pizza, and I mean "good pizza"!! You order the first time and the pizza is amazing, you order a 2nd time, well, this time, they leave much to be desired!! That being said, it kills me to spend so much money on pizza when it's mediocre at best!! So, I've taken to making my own. Gourmet pizzas, "in my...
Provided by Didi Dalaba
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Slice your peppers and using a microwave safe plate, cover with paper towel and microwave for 1 minute. *This softens the peppers and ensures your peppers will crisp and cook through while baking*. Set aside. In a small saute pan, add your olive oil and your butter and bring to medium high heat. Once heated, add your sliced onions. Saute till onions start to become soft, add your balsamic vinegar. Continue tossing and stirring till they start to become caramelized and slightly charred, about 4-6 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
- 2. On your pizza crust, spread almost the entire bottle of bbq sauce over the crust, reserving about 1/4 cup. Add your shredded chicken. Now comes the fun part; add 1/3 cup of your shredded cheddar cheese over the chicken, and 1/3 cup of the pepper jack cheese as well. Now add your peppers and finally add your amazingly delicious, (you just want to sit down and eat the whole pan) balsamic caramelized onions.
- 3. Sprinkle on the remainder of the pepper jack cheese, and 1/2 cup each of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle the remainder of the bbq sauce evenly over the pizza.
- 4. Now add the remainder of your cheeses over your pizza, smile at your creation with adoration and place in oven to bake!
- 5. Bake for 20-22 minutes till pizza is nice and crispy!! Enjoy!
FLATBREAD PIZZA WITH BBQ CHICKEN, GRUYERE AND CARAMELIZED ONION
I love the new flatbreads that make a great low-calorie pizza crust. My grocery chain carries a brand called "FlatOut" in the deli area. If you can't find flatbreads, use a thin pre-baked pizza crust or use pita breads (split in half to make thin rounds). Top with chicken, caramelized red onion and Gruyere for a very fancy treat that is moderate in calories and fat.
Provided by CookinDiva
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 flatbreads, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare flatbreads - It works best if the flatbreads have dried and crisped a bit before adding pizza toppings. So as my oven is pre-heating, I place the flatbreads on parchment paper and bake them for 5 minutes on each side. After 10 minutes, the flatbread is still soft but it won't get soggy when you bake it with pizza toppings.
- While flatbreads are pre-baking, saute sliced red onion in 1 T. oil about 8-10 minutes over MEDIUM heat. Set onions aside.
- To assemble - spread each pre-baked flatbread with 1 T. Boursin cheese. Then divide equally red onion, cooked chicken, and shredded Grueyere cheese. Drizzle each pizza with about 1/4 cup BBQ sauce.
- Bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283.9, Fat 18.9, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 57.1, Sodium 629.9, Carbohydrate 11.9, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 4.2, Protein 16.3
CHICKEN PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED RED ONION
This recipe comes from the local newspaper. The combination of flavors on this pizza is like a party in your mouth with every bite!
Provided by ukichix
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skilet over medium heat.
- Add onions and stir- cook until transparent.
- Stir in brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano & basil.
- Continue to stir- cook until liquid has evaporated (about 10 minutes) and onions are caramelized.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Spread onions over pizza crust.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and spread over onions.
- Sprinkle with feta, parsley& chopped tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 mintues or until crust is brown and crisp.
CARAMELIZED ONION AND ARUGULA PIZZA
- Cook onions in butter in large skillet on medium-high heat 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Add dressing; cook on medium heat 10 min. or until onions are caramelized, stirring occasionally. Stir in rosemary. Cool completely.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Press Perfect Parmesan Pizza Dough onto bottom of 17x11-1/2x3/4-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Let stand 10 minutes. Top with onions. Bake on bottom oven rack 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Top with cheese; bake 2 to 3 minutes or until melted. Top with arugula and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95.2 calories, Carbohydrate 3.1 g, Cholesterol 5.2 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 136.4 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
More about "chicken pizza with caramelized red onion recipes"
APPLE-JACK CHICKEN PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (44)Category EntreeServings 8Total Time 1 hr
- In 12-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add sweet onions and thyme; cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove onions from skillet; set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray large cookie sheet with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet; press dough into 14x10-inch rectangle. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add apple and sugar; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar is melted and apple is slightly soft.
- Spread onion mixture over partially baked crust. Top evenly with chicken, apple mixture, bacon, green onions and cheeses.
WHITE CHICKEN PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED SWEET ONIONS RECIPE ...
Servings 4Total Time 35 minsCategory EntreeCalories 510 per serving
- Heat oven to 400 F. Grease 12-inch pizza pan. Unroll dough; place in greased pan. Starting at center, press out dough to edge of pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions and sugar in butter 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until deep golden brown and caramelized; stir in thyme leaves.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over pizza crust. Top with Alfredo sauce, shredded chicken and caramelized onions. Bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS - FIT FOODIE FINDS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory PizzaCalories 409 per serving
- Then, add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over low/medium heat. When the olive oil is fragrant, add sliced onions and salt. Saute for around 20 minutes or until the onions are caramelized. Turn the heat up to medium/high for the last few minutes to give them a gorgeous dark purple color. Set aside.
- Place pizza crust on a large cutting board. Then, use a spoon to evenly spread on the BBQ sauce. Sprinkle on a generous amount of mozzarella cheese and then add shredded chicken.
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA - RECIPE RUNNER
Reviews 11Category PizzaServings 8Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and spray generously with cooking spray or add a couple teaspoons of flavorless oil. When the skillet is hot add in the thinly sliced onions and add a pinch of salt. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the onions for about 8 minutes or until they have caramelized, then remove them from the heat.
- Roll or stretch the pizza dough out on to a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or a pizza stone. Measure out 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce and spread it out evenly on top of the pizza dough. Sprinkle both cheeses on top of the pizza dough.
- In a small bowl toss the sliced chicken together with the remaining 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce until the chicken is completely coated. Add the sliced chicken on top of the cheese. Evenly distribute the remaining toppings on top of the pizza except for the cilantro.
SMOKED CHICKEN, CARAMELIZED ONION & ARTICHOKE PIZZA
Cook Time 15 minYield 2-14" pizzasPrep Time 20 minEstimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CARAMELIZED ONION & PROSCIUTTO PIZZA | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
4.8/5 See details »
RECIPE FOR CARAMELIZED ONION AND GARLIC CHICKEN
3.9/5 (48)Total Time 50 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 537 per serving See details »
CHICKEN PIZZA WITH CARAMELISED RED ONION RECIPE BY ARCHANA ...
5/5 Servings 4Cuisine Italian RecipesTotal Time 3 hrs See details »
CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND GOAT ...
Reviews 8Category Main Dish, PizzaCuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 22 mins
- Lightly coat two baking sheets with cooking spray. Roll a pizza crust dough round out on a floured board until very thin. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with second dough round.
- Divide the marinara between the two pizza crusts. It should be enough to just lightly coat the dough. Top with the chicken. Using a small spoon, dot the pesto over the top of each pizza. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and then drop small pieces of goat cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, on the bottom rack of your oven, till crust is lightly golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
BARBECUE & CARAMELIZED ONION PIZZA - THIS PILGRIM LIFE
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine PizzaTotal Time 27 mins
- Preheat the oven. Heat your oven to 500 if you are using a baking steel/stone. Heat to 450 if you're using a pizza pan.
- Caramelize the onions. Cut a quarter of a medium-sized yellow onion into thin slices. Heat a pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter. When the butter is melted, add the onion slices to the pan and stir to coat with butter. Add a pinch of salt and cook the onions until they are brown and soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. If the onions start to look too dry, drizzle in a little olive oil or add a little extra butter. Remove from heat and set aside when finished.
- Make the dough. First combine the yeast and hot water in a liquid measuring cup, then mix together 1 C of the flour and the sea salt in a small mixing bowl. Pour the yeast water into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the remaining 1/3 C of flour and stir to form a soft dough. Transfer to a clean surface and knead for a few minutes, sprinkling on additional flour as needed to make a soft, not sticky, ball of dough.
- Cook the pizza. Cook the pizza in your preheated oven. 10-12 minutes if using a pizza pan at 450. 8 minutes if using a baking stone/steel at 500.
CARAMELIZED ONION & PROSCIUTTO PIZZA - THE PIONEER WOMAN
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory Appetizers, Main DishTotal Time 5 mins
- With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour.
- Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined, and the dough comes together in a sticky mass.Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball.
CARAMELIZED ONION PIZZA WITH GORGONZOLA & ARUGULA RECIPE ...
4/5 (4)Calories 449 per servingServings 4
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 1 teaspoon rosemary, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is a deep golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Top with onion. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes. Add cheese and walnuts; bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; top with 1 teaspoon rosemary and arugula. Cut the pizza into 4 wedges.
GRILLED PIZZA WITH ASPARAGUS & CARAMELIZED ONION RECIPE ...
5/5 (6)Calories 152 per servingServings 8
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Add asparagus to pan; cook 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes and salt.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; brush each side of dough with 1/2 teaspoon remaining oil.
- Place dough on a grill rack; grill 1 1/2 minutes or until crust bubbles and is well marked. Reduce grill heat to low; turn dough over. Arrange onion mixture over crust; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Cover and grill over low heat 3 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts; remove pizza from grill. Sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.
FRENCH CARAMELIZED ONION CHICKEN - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER ...
Cuisine FrenchCalories 677 per servingCategory Dinner, Main, Main Course
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, oven-proof pan or skillet over medium heat. Add onions, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until softened and caramelized.
FLATBREAD PIZZA WITH SPINACH, CARAMELIZED ONIONS, AND FETA ...
Reviews 21Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN & CARAMELIZED ONION PIZZA | GOLD'N PLUMP
Cuisine AmericanCategory Sandwiches, Burgers, Wraps, & PizzaServings 12Calories 416 per serving See details »
CHICKEN, BALSAMIC, BLUE CHEESE, AND CARAMELIZED ONION ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory MainServings 1Total Time 40 mins See details »
TUSCAN SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE : PESTO PIZZA W/ ITALIAN ...
See details »
HAWAIIAN BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA - COOKING CLASSY | PIZZA ...
See details »
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND CARAMELIZED RED ONION PIZZA RECIPE ...
See details »
CARAMELIZED BROCCOLI AND RED ONION PIZZA RECIPE
See details »
CHICKEN PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED RED ONION RECIPES
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #poultry #oven #pizza #chicken #dietary #meat #chicken-breasts #equipment
You'll also love