Someone gave me this recipe a few years back and it's become a household favorite. You can use mild, medium or hot salsa depending on your taste. I usually serve it with Spanish rice and Mexican-style canned corn. Very easy and quick!
Provided by Faye
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.7 calories, Carbohydrate 6.8 g, Cholesterol 101.3 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 35.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 863.1 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
SALSA CHICKEN SOUP
"You wouldn't guess that this quick-and-easy soup is low in fat," relates Becky Christman of Bridgeton, Missouri. "Since my husband loves spicy foods, I sometimes use medium or hot salsa in this recipe for extra zip."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, broth, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and corn is tender. Add salsa and heat through. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 481mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BANDERS CHICKEN SALSA SOUP
Yummy, easy, cheap, fast and filling. Husband tested and approved, lol. There are a gazillion different things you could add to this, and I have tried most of them with success. This is the basic, barebones recipe. Explore to your heart's content!
Provided by BandersnatchKS
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Open all cans.
- Add all ingredients to pot.
- bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
- Serve with shredded cheese for extra super yumminess, and tortilla chips or saltines on the side.
SALSA CHICKEN RICE CASSEROLE
Layers of rice, chicken breast, a creamy soup and salsa mixture and two kinds of cheese add up to a simply yummy salsa casserole! This recipe is a family favorite because it's delicious and easily made with ingredients found in the pantry.
Provided by Gweneth
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breast halves into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa. Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture in prepared dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.8 g, Cholesterol 88.3 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 1143.2 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
EASIEST CHICKEN TACO SOUP
- Boil chicken for 20 minutes in a pot of water.
- Start chopping onion and mincinng garlic.
- Put olive oil, taco seasoning, onions, and garlic in a large pot and saute on medium heat.
- Shred the boiled chicken and add to the pot with the onion mixture.
- Once the onions are soft and turning transparent, add everything else and let simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Serve over chips and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.5, Fat 31.1, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 143.3, Sodium 2291.4, Carbohydrate 43.6, Fiber 13.8, Sugar 8.5, Protein 39.7
CHICKEN AND SALSA SOUP
- COMBINE chicken, water, broth, and chili powder in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 8 minutes. Add corn. Uncover; cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; heat through. Sprinkle cheese over each serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208.6, Fat 6.3, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 46.8, Sodium 545.7, Carbohydrate 18.6, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 2.2, Protein 22.2
More about "chicken salsa soup recipes"
CHICKEN AND SALSA SOUP - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3.7/5 (7)Calories 319 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
SALSA CHICKEN SOUP - PACE FOODS - CAMPBELL SOUP …
5/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 302 per serving
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP - THE WHOLE COOK
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - MAMA LOVES FOOD
SALSA CHICKEN SOUP (WW RECIPE) - CRAZY FOR CRUST
INSTANT POT SALSA CHICKEN SOUP - SAVORY TOOTH
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP IN THE INSTANT POT - THIS PILGRIM LIFE
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - HAPPY HOOLIGANS
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SOUP WITH SALSA RECIPE - MY CRAZY …
SALSA SOUP CHICKEN - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
CREAMY CROCKPOT CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
CROCK POT GARLIC LIME CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - FLOUR ON MY FACE
SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SALSA SOUP – HEALTHY LIVING
KETO SLOW COOKER CHICKEN SALSA SOUP | EXCLUSIVE HIP2KETO RECIPE
EASY SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | EASY DINNER IDEAS
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - RECIPE DETAILS
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP | NEWMAN'S OWN
RECIPE(TRIED): CHICKEN 'N' SALSA SOUP - RECIPELINK.COM
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP - SIMPLY STACIE
SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - DAPHNE OZ
SPICY CHICKEN SALSA SOUP WITH CRISPY CHICKEN SKIN - TRIED AND …
CHEESY SALSA BAKED CHICKEN - KITCHEN DIVAS
SIMPLE NOURISHED LIVING
CHICKEN VEGETABLE SALSA SOUP - SHAPE RECLAIMED
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP - ALL THE HEALTHY THINGS
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - ONE POT · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
EASY CHICKEN SALSA AND CORN SOUP - ESOUPRECIPES
MEXICAN FAST CHICKEN SALSA SOUP AND QUICK RECIPES | HUBPAGES
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP | CHICKEN.CA
INSTANT POT CHICKEN SALSA VERDE SOUP - TASTE AND SEE
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP » CHICKEN FARMERS OF SASKATCHEWAN
You'll also love