SHRIMP BOIL WITH CLAMS AND LEMON
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Fill a huge stockpot, preferably fitted with a basket insert, with about 4 quarts of water. Keep in mind that when you add the solid ingredients the water level will rise, so don't fill the pot up more than halfway. Squeeze the lemons into the water, tossing in the halves too. Add the bay leaves, salt, seasoning, thyme, onions, chiles and garlic; bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer for 10 minutes. You want a very aromatic broth with plenty of salt and spices. Taste it; don't be afraid to make it strong so some of the flavor can penetrate and get absorbed by the potatoes and other ingredients. Adjust seasoning with salt.
- Add the potatoes to the pot to give them a head start; simmer for 20 minutes. Now add the corn and sausage; cook another 5 minutes, making sure everything stays covered with the liquid. Add the clams and boil for 8 to 10 minutes until they open. Then toss in the shrimp and shut off the heat. Cover the pot and let the shrimp steep in the flavor for 15 minutes. Drain and spread the shrimp, sausage, clams, corn, potatoes, and onions out on a newspaper-covered table. Serve with lemons and plenty of napkins. Reserve the broth to make Shrimp Cocktail Shots.
SHRIMP AND CLAMS A LA PLANCHA
Cooking shrimp with their shells on gives them so much more flavor. Here, they're paired with sherry-steamed clams, garlicky beans, romesco, and fresh dandelion greens.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter with oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and thyme. Season with salt and pepper; cook until shells change color and start to peel away from shrimp, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add sherry to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 1 minute. Add clams. Cover with a lid or foil and cook until clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Return shrimp to skillet just to reheat. Serve, with beans and some of their broth, a drizzle of oil, pepper, romesco, and greens.
PESTO CLAMS AND SHRIMP LINGUINE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and bell pepper. Cook until softened, 3 or 4 minutes; stir in garlic. Add white wine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in canned clams, 1/2 of the reserved clam juice, and chicken broth. Arrange fresh clams on the sauce. Bring to a low simmer; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until clam shells open, 5 or 6 minutes. Discard clams that do not open. Stir in basil pesto and shrimp. Heat through until shrimp are bright pink and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and chopped basil.
- Distribute linguine among serving bowls; spoon clams, shrimp, and sauce over pasta. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
MUSSELS, CLAMS AND SHRIMP IN SPICY BROTH
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper. Saute until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until the tomatoes begin to break down and the flavors blend, about 5 minutes. Stir in the clams. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the mussels. Cover and cook until the clams and mussels open, about 5 minutes longer.
- Using a tongs, transfer the opened shellfish to serving bowls (discard any shellfish that do not open). Add the shrimp and basil to the simmering tomato broth. Simmer until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Divide the shrimp and tomato broth among the bowls. Serve with the warm bread.
CLAM AND SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE - (4.1/5)
Recipe From keyingredient.com
Provided by VickiC223
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put oil in large pot and lightly brown garlic, add butter and wine. Add clam juice from canned clams. Bring to boil. Add fresh clams in shells and shrimp. As clams open and as shrimp cooks, remove and set aside. When all are removed, add spices and canned clam meat; let simmer a minute or two as you remove 30 or so of the fresh clams from shells and add to pot. Take off heat and add cooked pasta; mix. Pour into large serving bowl, top with grated cheese and garnish with remaining 20 or so clams in shells. Enjoy!
SHRIMP & CLAM CHOWDER
This is a very rich, great tasting chowder. Perfect for fall and winter, or if your in the mood for some comfort food. Note: I've only used smoked paprika in this dish, not sure how regular paprika will taste, (if you decide to include it) it is optional...**This recipe has been updated, thank you to my reviewers :D
Recipe From food.com
Provided by MacaroniMandy
Yield 6-9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Boil potatoes in separate pot about 10 minutes, drain, and set aside.
- In a large pot melt butter on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, do not brown and cook until onion is iridescent.
- Slowly stir in flour & half and half.
- Add mushrooms, potatoes, white wine, and milk or water.
- Drain the clam juice into the pot and set clams to the side.
- Add paprika, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add clams & shrimp and continue to simmer for another 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add parsley right before serving.
- and -- your done!
SHRIMP, CLAMS, AND SCALLOPS PASTA
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Mix in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, sugar, salt, oregano, red pepper, and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place spaghetti in the pot, cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Place the clams in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over boiling water, and steam until opened. Discard clams that do not open. Stir into the sauce.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the shrimp and scallops 2 minutes, or until opaque. Mix in garlic. Stir into the sauce. Serve sauce with seafood over the cooked spaghetti, and top with Parmesan cheese.
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american main-dish seafood american cajun southern-united-states dinner-party fall holiday-event stews shrimp seasonal shellfish clams
People also searched
More recipes about "clams and shrimp"
CLAMS AND MUSSELS IN GARLIC BUTTER WINE SAUCE | KARYL'S ...
2019-06-14 · Rinse clams and mussels under cold, running water. Drain well in a colander. Melt half of the butter in a heavy, wide-bottom pot. Add onions and cook …
- Test any clams/mussels that are partially open: Press shell together with thumb and index finger, hold for 2-3 seconds and release. OR, shock the shells under cold, running water. If shells close, then they are safe to eat. If they remain open, THROW THEM AWAY
SHRIMP AND CLAM PASTA - RECIPES | THE RECIPES HOME
2020-03-07 · how to make Shrimp and Clam Pasta Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the pasta instructions and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. While the pasta is cooking, …
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the pasta instructions and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, Add the olive oil and butter to a wide skillet (with lid) over medium heat. Once the butter has melted. Add the garlic .
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes or until almost cooked through. add the dry white wine salt and black pepper,
- When the sauce is done, add the clams and cover with a lid. Allow them to steam for 4 to 5 minutes. After 4 to 5 minutes, the clams should have opened, if one or two have not, remove from the pan and discard.
SHEET PAN CLAM BAKE - DAMN DELICIOUS
2017-07-12 · In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, Old Bay Seasoning and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place potatoes, corn, mussels, clams, shrimp, …
SHRIMP AND CLAM LINGUINE RECIPE - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
2013-11-25 · Add in the clams and wine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the shrimp cover and cook for 3 - 5 more minutes or until the clams have opened and the prawns …
10 BEST CLAMS MUSSELS SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-12 · Clams Mussels Shrimp Recipes 54,551 Recipes. Last updated Jul 12, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 54,551 suggested recipes. Caribbean Seafood Paella Mazola® Corn Oil. tap water, Mazola Corn Oil, frozen peas, clams, mussels, portuguese chorizo and 13 more. Pro. Brodetto Chef Daniel Holzman. extra-virgin olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, littleneck clams …
See details ››
10 BEST SHRIMP AND CLAM LINGUINE RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-16 · thyme, linguine, shrimp, clams, white wine, heavy cream, onion and 13 more Linguine With Seafood Sauce Delicious Pasta Recipes dry white wine, garlic clove, lemon juice, cornstarch, Italian parsley and 13 more
See details ››
SPAGHETTI WITH MUSSELS, CLAMS AND SHRIMP RECIPE - MARCIA ...
2013-12-07 · Bring the wine to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the mussels, cover and cook over high heat until they open, about 2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the mussels to a bowl. Add the clams to …
- Bring the wine to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the mussels, cover and cook over high heat until they open, about 2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the mussels to a bowl. Add the clams to the saucepan, cover and cook until they start to open. Transfer them to the bowl with the mussels. Pour the cooking liquid into a small glass measure, leaving behind any grit. Shell the mussels and clams and return them to the bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the red pepper and half of the cherry tomatoes and cook over moderate heat, crushing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until the juices thicken, about 4 minutes. Add the reserved shellfish cooking liquid and simmer over moderate heat until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Meanwhile, bring the sauce to a simmer over moderate heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining cherry tomatoes and the reserved mussels and clams and simmer briefly to heat through.
- Drain the spaghetti and return it to the pot. Add the seafood sauce and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper and transfer to a warmed bowl. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve at once.
LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP AND CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2008-02-21 · In the meantime, in a 2 quart saucepan over high heat, heat clam liquid, shrimp shells, and sherry to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover pot and simmer for 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove shrimp shells …
- Open clams, drain water and save, set clams aside. Let water stand to settle and sand or debris, then carefully pour into a measuring cup. Discard sand. Add water to liquid to give you 1 cup of liquid. Put aside.
- In the meantime, in a 2 quart saucepan over high heat, heat clam liquid, shrimp shells, and sherry to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
SAUCY CLAMS AND SHRIMP WITH WILD MUSHROOMS RECIPE - JEFF ...
2013-12-07 · Add the scallions and chile and cook for 2 minutes, until just softened. Step 2 Add the clams and wine and cook uncovered, stirring, until half of the clams are opened, about 4 minutes. …
- In a large deep skillet, heat the extra-virgin olive oil until shimmering. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the scallions and chile and cook for 2 minutes, until just softened.
- Add the clams and wine and cook uncovered, stirring, until half of the clams are opened, about 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until all of the clams are open and the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 4 minutes longer. Serve in deep bowls with crusty bread to sop up the sauce.
STEAMED CLAMS AND SHRIMP RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
2020-05-04 · Prep: Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Take 2 long pieces of foil, lay them on top of each other. Long enough to wrap around the clams and shrimp. Use ½ of your cubed butter then lay it on top of the foil then add the shrimp and clams.
- Take 2 long pieces of foil, lay them on top of each other. Long enough to wrap around the clams and shrimp.
WHITE BEANS WITH CHORIZO, CLAMS AND SHRIMP RECIPE - LOS ...
2011-10-27 · Add the shrimp and clams, cover tightly and raise the heat to high. Cook, frequently giving the pan a vigorous shake (holding the lid on firmly), until the clams have opened, about 5 minutes. 4...
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the chorizo in olive oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven over medium heat on the stove top until the chorizo has rendered some fat and begun to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the dried beans, water and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cover tightly and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Add the salt, stir and continue cooking, covered, until the beans are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. The beans should be like a thin stew; if necessary, add more water, one-quarter cup at a time. Remove the bay leaf and discard. Season to taste with more salt if necessary, and freshly ground black pepper. (The dish can be prepared up to this point a day ahead and refrigerated, tightly covered.)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet that has a tight-fitting lid. Add the garlic and parsley and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce to a thin syrup, about 3 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes and cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
SPICY SHRIMP AND CLAM PASTA RECIPE - INSPIRED TASTE
2017-02-15 · Toss shrimp with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to a baking dish and roast the shrimp for 5 to 10 minutes until pink, firm, and cooked through. When the sauce is done, add the clams and cover with a lid. Allow them to steam for 4 to 5 minutes.
CANNED CLAMS AND SHRIMP RECIPES
Quick and Easy Linguine with Clams and Shrimp - Recipe ... Recipe From : cooks.com 2014-11-04 · 1 lb. linguine, prepared according to directions. Saute' garlic in olive oil in saucepan. Add clam juice, white wine and seasonings. Let simmer a few minutes. Add canned clams (with juices), shrimp meat and parsley. Let simmer 5 to 10 minutes longer. Adjust seasoning to taste. Toss lightly with ...
COLD SMOKED SEAFOOD (SHRIMP, CLAMS, MUSSELS) WITH THE ...
2016-09-28 · Clams, mussels and oysters can be opened when raw and brined or steamed before smoking to open them up so they take on the smoke flavor. Always clean all shellfish of any sand or grit prior to steaming and smoking. Smoking Seafood INGREDIENTS: 2 pounds assorted seafood (clams, mussels, shrimp, octopus, squid) 4 cups water. 1 tablespoon kosher salt
HOW TO GRILL DRUNKEN CLAMS AND SHRIMP | RECIPE - YOUTUBE
Get 'em drunk and they taste a whole lot better. This classic clam dish is served with some shrimp, and a wine and butter sauce that will have you coming bac...
See details ››
MUSSELS, CLAMS AND SHRIMP IN SPICY BROTH RECIPE
Mussels, clams and shrimp in spicy broth recipe. Learn how to cook great Mussels, clams and shrimp in spicy broth . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Mussels, clams and shrimp in spicy broth recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Mussels, clams and shrimp in spicy broth recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good ...
See details ››
MOM'S LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP AND CLAMS ON BAKESPACE.COM
Add minced garlic and cook gently 5 minutes. 3. Add parsley, clams, shrimp, oregano, wine and cayenne. Heat until bubbling and shrimp are pink.
See details ››
CLAMS AND SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE
2017-03-23 · Clams and shrimp pasta recipe. Learn how to cook great Clams and shrimp pasta . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Clams and shrimp pasta recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Clams and shrimp pasta recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 72% Shrimp, Clams, and Scallops Pasta …
See details ››
FLORIDA SHRIMP AND CLAMS OVER RICE : FRESH FROM FLORIDA
Add shrimp, clams and seasoning blend. Stir ingredients and cover. Cook ingredients until shrimp are almost cooked throughout and clams have started to open, about 4 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and butter. Stir ingredients to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve over cooked rice. Garnish with chopped parsley.
See details ››
CLAMS AND SHRIMP RECIPES
Transfer shrimp to a plate. Add sherry to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 1 minute. Add clams. Cover with a lid or foil and cook until clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Return shrimp to skillet just to reheat. Serve, with beans and some of their broth, a drizzle of ...
See details ››