SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or black iron pot over medium heat, add the kielbasa and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned. Remove the kielbasa to a bowl, and set aside. Add the ham to the same pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to the bowl with the kielbasa, and set aside. Add the butter, onion, celery and peppers to the same pot and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the tomato, garlic, jalapeno or cayenne, oregano, thyme, and tomato paste and cook until all the vegetables and herbs are blended well. Add the stock and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the rice, and add the sausage, ham, bay leaves, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Return to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the scallions, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the lemon juice and the shrimp, and stir well. Cover the pot, remove it from the heat and allow the jambalaya steam, for 15 minutes, before serving.
- Garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup scallions and 1/2 cup parsley, and a dash of hot sauce, if desired.
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE & SHRIMP JAMBALAYA RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by á-382
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large pot or dutch oven, over medium heat, render the bacon. Set on paper towels to drain. Remove excess grease, leaving 2 tablespoons in pan. Add andouille sausages to pan & cook until browned. Take out & drain on paper towels. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned. Remove all the meat to a bowl. Add the onions and cook for about 15 minutes, until beginning to caramelize. Add the bell peppers, jalapenos and garlic to the pot and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the meat back to the pot. Stir in the rice, thyme, bay leaves, paprika, cayenne, one teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until spices are evenly distributed. Turn the heat up to medium high and add the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and stir into the rice. Put the lid back on the pot, turn off the heat, and leave to sit for another 10 minutes. The heat inside the pot will cook the shrimp. Remove the lid, fluff with a fork, and serve
SHRIMP AND SMOKED SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
In partnership with Hillshire Farm Brand, we're helping you make dinnertime easy, quick, and delicious. Here, a medley of sweet and spicy flavors comes together in this classic Cajun dish.
Provided by Hillshire Farm(R) Brand
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Add sausage; cook about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- Add stock, tomatoes, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until rice is just tender, 10 minutes. Add shrimp, cover, and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in scallions and lemon juice. Garnish with additional scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413.8 calories, Carbohydrate 49.6 g, Cholesterol 114 mg, Fat 14.5 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 20.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 979.4 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
SHRIMP, SAUSAGE, AND FISH JAMBALAYA
Did a lot of research on jambalaya and reviewed a number of recipes and came up with the following. I like white fish and, while not traditional, added chunks of cod fillet to this dish. You want to add the shrimp and fish to the dish with about 10 minutes to go so it does not overcook. Cook uncovered if it is soupy and covered if it is not during these last 10 minutes. Finally, try to find andouille sausage if possible. It makes all the difference.
Provided by Baron
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Cook andouille sausage in the melted butter until completely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Cook and stir onion, celery, and green bell pepper in the butter remaining in the pot until the onion becomes translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir garlic into the onion mixture; cook and stir together for 1 minute.
- Stir tomato paste through the vegetable mixture; cook and stir another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return andouille sausage to the pot along with diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, and black pepper; stir to combine.
- Pour chicken broth over the sausage mixture; bring to a boil.
- Stir rice into the mixture, place a cover on the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook undisturbed until the rice is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cod to the rice mixture. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until the mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat again to medium-low and cook uncovered another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and fold parsley into the jambalaya to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 621.6 calories, Carbohydrate 66.8 g, Cholesterol 156.6 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 34.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 1880.1 mg, Sugar 8 g
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA
This is one of my husband's favorites, and he's a picky eater, so you know it's good! Some folks are surprised how well chicken and shrimp complement each other.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add the sausage, broth, tomatoes, green pepper, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne. Bring to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chicken and shrimp; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 158mg cholesterol, Sodium 986mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN, SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
- In a large deep skillet with a lid, saute onions,garlic,celery and green peppers in olive oil.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Brown chicken in skillet and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add sliced sausage,tomatoes,sauteed vegetables,cajun seasoning,Tabasco sauce,water and rice.
- Put lid on skillet and simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 20, Fat 1, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 52.5, Carbohydrate 1.2, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 1.4
- In a large Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and add sweet paprika and oregano.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is browned on all sides.
- Stir in prepared sausage and tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, rice and cajun seasoning.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and dried parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371 kcal, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 27 g, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 72 mg, Sodium 518 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CLASSIC CHICKEN AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA WITH SAUSAGE
- Rub the chicken pieces with the paprika.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion, green bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Sauté over low heat until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sausage, tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, thyme, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Add chicken and turn to coat with sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and cook about 3 to 5 minutes longer or just until shrimp turns pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 912 kcal, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 384 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 87 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 2373 mg, Sugar 8 g, Fat 50 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CHICKEN SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
Having a cousin who's a pork producer is a bonus when looking for great recipes. This slightly spicy entree turns out perfectly every time.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and paprika. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside., In the same saucepan, saute the onions, celery and peppers over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Stir in the sausage, rice, garlic, cayenne, chicken and remaining salt and pepper. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts :
JAMBALAYA W/SHRIMP, CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE
Had this for the first time at a dinner party, now I HAVE to make it every month or so. It's better if you have the sausage, chicken and shrimp prepared before starting, that way you can dig in once the rice is cooked.
Provided by J e l i s a
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Brown smoked sausage and drain excess grease.
- Set aside along with pre-cooked shrimp and chicken.
- Fry bacon until crisp in 3-quart Dutch oven or large deep skillet.
- Do not drain.
- Stir in celery, rice, onion, garlic and green pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, sausage, water, barbecue sauce, salt and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and shrimp, allow to simmer another 10 minutes until heated.
More about "chicken shrimp and sausage jambalaya recipes"
CHICKEN, ANDOUILLE AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA RECIPE
CHICKEN, ANDOUILLE, AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - LOUISIANA …
CREOLE JAMBALAYA WITH CHICKEN, SMOKED SAUSAGE AND …
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - KITCHEN GONE ROGUE
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - RECIPES | GO …
CHICKEN + SAUSAGE SLOW COOKER JAMBALAYA
CROCK POT CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA …
JAMBALAYA WITH ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE, CHICKEN, AND SHRIMP
5/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsCategory Stews
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat butter and oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate lined with paper towels. Add sausage to Dutch oven; cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer sausage to plate with chicken. Do not wipe out Dutch oven.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery to Dutch oven; cook over medium-high, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and Creole seasoning; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is fragrant and lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Return browned chicken and sausage to the pot, and stir in tomatoes, broth, rice, salt, thyme, pepper, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over high, and stir in shrimp. Cover Dutch oven, and transfer to oven. Bake until rice is tender and chicken and shrimp are cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven; gently stir jambalaya to evenly redistribute any liquid. Garnish with scallions and serve.
CHICKEN & SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
CHICKEN, SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA RECIPE - CDKITCHEN
CHICKEN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA PASTA WITH HOMEMADE
JAMBALAYA - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - SMELLS LIKE HOME
CREOLE SHRIMP JAMBALAYA WITH CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE - FED & FIT
CHICKEN, SHRIMP, AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA RECIPE - SPARKRECIPES
EASY JAMBALAYA (CHICKEN, SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE) RECIPE [VIDEO]
JAMBALAYA RECIPE WITH CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, SHRIMP AND BACON
EASY CHICKEN, SAUSAGE & SHRIMP JAMBALAYA | FOODIECRUSH.COM
CHICKEN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA - CELEBRATION GENERATION
CHICKEN & SHRIMP JAMBALAYA RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
CREOLE-STYLE RED JAMBALAYA WITH CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, AND SHRIMP …
SHRIMP, SAUSAGE, AND CHICKEN JAMBALAYA - EAT ALABAMA SEAFOOD
WEEKNIGHT JAMBALAYA WITH CHICKEN, SHRIMP, SAUSAGE RECIPE
JAMBALAYA - JO COOKS
CAJUN JAMBALAYA (WITH CHICKEN, SHRIMP, & SAUSAGE
CHICKEN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
JAMBALAYA WITH CHICKEN, SHRIMP, AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE RECIPE
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP CAJUN JAMBALAYA - FOODNESS GRACIOUS
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE & SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - THE CAJUN CREATES
ONE-POT CHICKEN AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EASY CHICKEN, SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA - OUR HAPPY MESS
LOW CARB JAMBALAYA WITH CHICKEN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE
JAMBALAYA - CAFE DELITES
EASY CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, & SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - CRYSTAL HOLLIDAY WITH …
CHICKEN, SHRIMP, AND HAM JAMBALAYA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook jambalaya with sausage and rice?Easy Jambalaya made with Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Sausage in under 45 minutes. Served over rice or rice cooked with the jambalaya for one pot meal. Saved! Add canola oil to your dutch oven on medium high heat. Add the sausage to the pan and cook until crisp and browned. Remove the sausage and add in the onion, bell pepper and celery.
How to cook jambalaya with shrimp?Add 1/4 cup of the scallions, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the lemon juice and the shrimp, and stir well. Cover the pot, remove it from the heat and allow the jambalaya steam, for 15 minutes, before serving.
Can Jambalaya be made with chicken?It can be made with chicken or beef as well. The "holy trinity" combination of onions, peppers, and celery is found in most jambalaya recipes. This jambalaya is a delicious combination of rice, chicken, andouille sausage, and shrimp.
How to cook jambalaya in a Dutch oven?Easy, tasty, one pot recipe for Jambalaya prepared with rice, chicken, shrimp, and sausages. In a large Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery, and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.