CHICKEN TONNATO (LIGHTENED & BRIGHTENED)
From the *Best Ever Chicken* cookbook edited by Linda Fraser & the intro says "This low-fat version of the Italian dish *Vitello Tonnato* is garnished w/fine strips of red pepper instead of the traditional anchovy fillets." The pic of the finished product was stunning & IMO this recipe works equally well as a luncheon entree for 4, starter course for 8 or dinner main-course if served w/bread &/or a veggie side dish of choice. (Time does not include cooling or chilling time). *Enjoy* !
Provided by twissis
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put chicken breasts in a lrg saucepan in a single layer. Add onion, bay leaf, stock & peppercorns. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 12 min, or till tender.
- Turn off heat, allow chicken to cool in the stock & then remove w/a slotted spoon. Slice ea chicken breast in medallions, but keep ea intact to be plated individually when served. Set aside.
- Boil stock till reduced to approx 5 tablespoons Strain thru a fine sieve & allow to cool.
- Put tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice + 3 tbsp of the reduced stock into a blender or food proc & puree till smooth. (I will use my immersion blender for this step).
- Stir in enough of the remaining stock to reduce the sauce to the thickness of double cream & spoon equally over ea chicken breast.
- Arrange strips of red bell pepper in a lattice pattern over ea breast. Put a caper in the center of ea square. Chill in fridge for at least 1 hr & serve cold w/a mixed green salad that includes cherry tomatoes for color.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.9, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 94.1, Sodium 220.7, Carbohydrate 7.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 3.7, Protein 38
CHICKEN WITH TONNATO SAUCE
A variation on the classic Italian Vitello Tonnato, which is thin slices of veal with a sauce made from tuna, lemon juice, mayonnaise, capers, and anchovy. The sauce is very easy to make in your food processor.
Provided by threeovens
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large, plastic storage bag, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, oregano, and 2 minced garlic cloves; add chicken and marinate at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side; let stand 5 minutes, then cut into 1/4 inch slices and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, capers, anchovy, and tuna; process until smooth.
- Arrange arugula on each of 4 serving plates.
- Top with chicken slices and either spoon some tonnato sauce on top or serve on the side.
"Tonno" is Italian for tuna, and the name of this dish refers to the primary ingredient in the sauce. The sauce can also be served chilled over room-temperature chicken.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in ovenproof skillet over high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in skillet, skin-side down, until brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip; cook 1 minute. Remove chicken; add vegetables. Reduce heat to medium low; cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add wine, and bring to boil. Stir in the herbs, capers, and tuna; add the chicken. Transfer skillet to oven, and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken; transfer to cutting board.
- Discard herbs. Let tuna cool; puree until smooth. Add mayonnaise and juice. Slice chicken; arrange over arugula. Top with chilled sauce
I was probably in my early twenties when this sauce first appeared on my culinary radar as 'vitello tonnato.' At the time, a plate of cold, thinly-sliced poached veal dressed with a chilled, runny tuna sauce didn't make a lot of sense, but I tried it anyway, and have been a fan ever since. I don't often serve it with the traditional veal, but ironically that's the only thing I don't serve it with. Tonnato sauce is tremendous as a spread and equally impressive as an all-purpose, all-world dip.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Blend tuna with reserved oil, mayonnaise, anchovies, olive oil, lemon juice, capers, and garlic together in a blender until completely smooth. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.3 calories, Carbohydrate 0.7 g, Cholesterol 7 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 192.6 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
- In a blender purée all ingredients, including oil from tuna can, until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
More about "chicken tonnato recipes"
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH TONNATO SAUCE RECIPE | COOKING …
Servings 4Calories 364 per serving
CHICKEN TONNATO - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main-CourseServings 6
CHICKEN TONNATO WITH ARUGULA, TOMATOES AND OLIVES RECIPE
CHICKEN TONNATO RECIPE | RECIPE | CANNED TUNA RECIPES, FRESH FRUIT ...
TURKEY TONNATO | TURKEY RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
CHICKEN TONNATO DESTE - BIGOVEN.COM
CHICKEN WITH TONNATO SAUCE IN PITA POCKETS - BIGOVEN.COM
CHICKEN TONNATO (LIGHTENED & BRIGHTENED) - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CHICKEN TONNATO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CRISPY CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH TONNATO SAUCE - WHISPER OF YUM
CHICKEN TONNATO - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CHICKEN TONNATO - MILANO-MADE.COM
CHICKEN WITH TONNATO SAUCE | THE TIMES
POLLO (CHICKEN) TONNATO – FLEXITARIAN KITCHEN
CHICKEN WITH TONNATO SAUCE IN PITA POCKETS RECIPE
RECIPE: CHICKEN TONNATO IS A FRESH TAKE ON A CLASSIC ITALIAN …
CAN’T. STOP. PUTTING. TONNATO. ON. EVERYTHING. | BON APPéTIT
CHICKEN TONNATO RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
KETO CHICKEN TONNATO WITH CAPERS - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH TONNATO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN TONNATO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHICKEN TONNATO D'ESTE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
VITELLO TONNATO RECIPE - BBC FOOD
KQED: JACQUES PéPIN: FAST FOOD MY WAY: RECIPES: CHICKEN TONNATO
VITELLO TONNATO RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
CHICKEN TONNATO | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
SAUTéED CHICKEN WITH TONNATO SAUCE RECIPE RECIPE
CHICKEN TONNATO - COOKINGWITHMOLLY.COM
CHICKEN AND TOMATO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
COLD SLICED CHICKEN IN TUNA SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHICKEN TONNATO SALAD RECIPE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is tonnato sauce made of?LIFE-CHANGING. Tonnato is an Italian condiment often made with tuna, anchovies, lemon juice, olive oil, and mayonnaise. Well, mayonnaise is our shortcut secret, you could use egg yolks and do that whole thing.
What do you put tonnato on?Everything. | Bon Appétit Can’t. Stop. Putting. Tonnato. On. Everything. A super easy creamy sauce that goes on salads, roast veg, and spread on sandwiches for best results. I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been a cat lady for so long and I’m slowing turning into one, but I can’t control myself around salty tinned fishes.
What are the best chicken recipes with tomatoes?We've rounded up our best chicken ideas with fresh, canned, or sun-dried tomatoes: From chicken breasts smothered in homemade red sauce to chicken pastas and quesadillas with bursts of fresh flavor, you're going to want to bookmark this collection of our best tomato chicken recipes — you'll come back to it again and again.