SAUTEED CHICKEN IN MUSTARD-CREAM SAUCE
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Pour wine into hot skillet; cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Whisk in cream, mustard, and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour any accumulated chicken juices from plate into sauce. Right before serving, drizzle cream sauce over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359 g, Fat 20 g, Protein 40 g
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
- *Amount of cream and broth has slightly decreased; add more as needed.Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise so that you have eight smaller, thinner chicken cutlets. Salt and pepper both sides.Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook cutlets on both sides until nice and golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet and keep on a plate. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic to the pan and saute it for a minute, stirring to make sure it won't burn. Next pour in the brandy (or wine if using) being careful if cooking over an open flame. Then just let the booze bubble up and cook until it's reduced by half. Throw in the mustards and stir to combine, then pour in the cream. Stir in chicken broth, adding more if the sauce seems too thick. Taste sauce and adjust whatever you think it needs. Add chicken breasts back to the pan, nestling them into the sauce. Allow sauce to cook for another few minutes, shaking the pan if needed to move things around. Serve chicken with a green salad, spooning the sauce over the top. Yum and...yum.
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
- Heat the oven: to 350F. Place a baking sheet near the stove, ready for the chicken.
- Finish the chicken in the oven: Transfer the chicken to the baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes (longer if the chicken breasts are thick), or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast registers 165 degrees. If the chicken is done before the sauce, transfer it to a serving platter and tent it loosely with foil to keep warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 181 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 40 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, Sodium 369 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 35 g, ServingSize 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CHICKEN IN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Remove chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Drain drippings, reserving bacon and garlic in skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Carefully stir in broth and whipping cream; cook and stir until hot. Using whisk, slowly stir in cream cheese and mustard until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in chopped thyme. Cook about 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until sauce just starts to boil and is thickened.
- Serve sauce with chicken. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 18 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 340 mg, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 0 g
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE
- In a large resealable bag, combine the beef broth, white wine, 1 tablespoon of the mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, chopped garlic, onions and some salt and pepper. Add the chicken quarters to the bag, seal well, and shake a bit to coat the chicken in the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels; reserve the marinade. Add the chicken, skin side down, to the skillet and cook until nicely brown, 5 minutes. Flip, and brown on the reverse side, another 4 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the butter and the smashed garlic to the pan. Cook for 1 minute, basting the chicken with the melted butter.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F, measured at the thickest part of the thigh, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and let rest, loosely cover, for 5 minutes.
- Heat the half-and-half and rosemary in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the oil from the skillet the chicken was cooked in. Place the skillet over medium heat and deglaze the pan with half of the reserved marinade, scraping up any browned bit from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2 minutes, to reduce. Strain into the heated half-and-half and remove the rosemary sprig. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the half-and-half, then whisk in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard powder, the whole-grain mustard and the lemon juice. Season the sauce with a salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Pour some of the sauce over the chicken and serve the rest on the side.
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
- Place chicken breast under plastic wrap and flatten using mallet, rolling pin, or a glass bottle. Season breasts with salt and pepper. In heated skillet add olive oil and butter. Add chicken and cook over a medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add scallions and garlic to same skillet. Saute quickly and add white wine. Boil rapidly and reduce to syrup. Add cream and mustard, stir. Return chicken breast to pan and simmer gently until just heated through.
PAN-SEARED CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
A delicious recipe DH and I tried from Williams-Sonoma, which is perfect for a busy night, as there is virtually no prep! The mustard cream sauce is very flavorful.
Provided by Dr. Jenny
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Using meat mallet, lightly pound chicken until it is 1/2 inch thick. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add chicken breasts, and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides and opaque throughout, 8-10 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a separate plate.
- Keep the pan on medium-high heat, and stir mustard seeds into the pan drippings. Cook, stirring for about 15 seconds. Add the wine and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring until slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and mustard and cook for 1 minute to blend the flavors.
- Return chicken breast halves and any accumulated juices to the pan, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken and divide among dinner plates. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.1, Fat 17.8, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 118.8, Sodium 292, Carbohydrate 1.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.4, Protein 26.3
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
This luscious chicken entree from Coleen Deon in Dover Plains, New York is truly something special. Lemon zest and Dijon mustard add tangy flavor to the perfectly seasoned sauce-and it all goes together in minutes! Serve over hot noodles or pasta for a company-special supper.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, marjoram, thyme and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon flour mixture. Add chicken to the bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. , In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Stir wine or broth into the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in the broth, mustard and lemon zest. , Place reserved flour mixture in a small bowl; stir in milk until smooth. Stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 407mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN (OR PORK) WITH WHOLE GRAIN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
This recipe comes from Chef Jim Ruch, a boat chef from Florida who travels all over the world cooking on various size yachts for all sorts of interesting people. I will use the word "chicken" generically here, but this recipe is very versatile. You can create new versions just by changing some of the ingredients while using the same cooking technique. Not only is this recipe great with chicken breasts, it can be used with pork or fish too with a few minor adjustments.
Provided by Sandi From CA
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To make the marinade, combine the coriander, red pepper, thyme and sea salt in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix olive oil in a bowl with garlic. Add the chicken and toss with your hands to cover with the marinate. Add 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves, toss and transfer to a sealed container or zip lock bag to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 30 minutes before cooking, remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Pre-heat your sauté pan to medium high. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the hot pan. Make sure the pan surface is completely coated by tilting the pan back and forth. When the pan starts to smoke just a little bit, it is ready.
- Carefully add the chicken to the pan and lower the heat to medium. Because this is a cream sauce, you don't want to sear the meat too dark or caramelize the onions too brown. This prevents the drippings from giving the sauce too dark a color.
- Sauté the chicken 2 minutes per side until golden brown and transfer to a plate. Discard any excess oil in the pan leaving just a little to cook the onions. Add the onions and 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves and cook gently until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of white wine and using a wooden spoon or wooden spatula, scrape any drippings stuck to the pan. (Deglazing) Reduce this liquid to a syrup and add another 1/2 cup of wine. Reduce the additional wine to an essence and add 1/2 the heavy cream. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer the cream and onions until reduced by half.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream and the whole grain mustard. Using your wooden spoon, stir until the sauce is completely incorporated. Now add your remaining fresh thyme leaves. Adjust the seasonings, add the chicken and any accumulated juices back to the pan and cover.
- Simmer, turning once until completely cooked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 773, Fat 51.5, SaturatedFat 24.4, Cholesterol 253.8, Sodium 1898.7, Carbohydrate 12.9, Fiber 3, Sugar 3, Protein 50.7
More about "chicken with mustard cream sauce recipes"
JAMIE OLIVER'S 5-INGREDIENT CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE AND PASTA - AVERIE …
CREAMY FRENCH MUSTARD CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE | TASTES LOVELY
SKILLET CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - COOKING …
ONE-PAN CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE | RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SAUCE (CREAMY & DELICIOUS!)
CHICKEN IN TARRAGON-MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
RECIPE - CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE | HOME
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.4/5 (429)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 366 per serving
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - SWEETPHI
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
SKILLET CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - RECIPES.NET
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CREAMY HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN - COOKING CLASSY
CREAMY FRENCH MUSTARD CHICKEN – MY ROI LIST
CHICKEN IN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - LAUGHING SPATULA
MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE WITH CHICKEN - SOUTHERN FOOD AND FUN
CREAMY MAPLE-DIJON CHICKEN CUTLETS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
3 INGREDIENT CHICKEN IN MUSTARD SAUCE - HEADBANGER'S KITCHEN
CREAMY DIJON MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
CHICKEN WITH A CREAMY MUSHROOM AND MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHICKEN IN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
CHICKEN SCHNITZEL WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - PUDGE FACTOR
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST …
CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN - RECIPE RUNNER
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY PARMESAN MUSTARD SAUCE - LAVENDER
CLASSIC CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
CHICKEN WITH CREOLE MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
DIJON MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
R/RECIPES - CREAMY TUSCAN CHICKEN - REDDIT
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | FOODAL
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY DIJON SAUCE AND MASHED POTATOES
PAN SEARED CHICKEN WITH A CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - THE CHUNKY …
You'll also love