CHINESE TAKE-OUT SHRIMP WITH GARLIC
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet until very hot. Cook and stir garlic and ginger in the hot oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the water chestnuts, snow peas, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and shrimp to the pan. Cook, stirring, until shrimp turns pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the chicken broth, rice vinegar, fish sauce, and dry sherry in a small bowl. Pour into the shrimp mixture; cook and stir briefly to combine. Combine the cornstarch and water and stir into the wok. Stir until sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.5 calories, Carbohydrate 16.1 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 8.3 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 21.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 1089.7 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE
This is, by far and bar none, the most popular Chinese seafood dish I know. In fact, it is better than its restaurant counterpart because it uses real garlic, not dried garlic reconstituted in water.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Using a cleaver or knife, slice the shrimp from the back, leaving a small donut-like hole in the center, essentially butterflying the shrimp. Be careful not to cut all the way through the shrimp. Rinse away any veins under cold water. Drain well.
- Put the shrimp in a bowl and add the egg white, cornstarch and 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Mix well. The consistency should be silky and the color milky.
- In a large wok, heat 2 cups of the oil to 280 degrees F, or place 1 shrimp in the oil and when bubbles rise from it like Champagne bubbles in a glass, add the rest of the shrimp. Turn the shrimp gently in the poaching oil. When they are white and fluffy, remove them with a stainless steel strainer or brass metal strainer. Put the cooked shrimp in a colander to drain.
- For the sauce. In a small saucepan, mix the chicken broth, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, sugar, and chili paste. Stir well. Bring the garlic sauce to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer.
- In a clean wok, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to smoking. Add the sliced water chestnuts and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the garlic sauce, stir, and bring to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Add the shrimp. Toss and stir 3 times until well coated. Stir in the sliced scallions and serve.
SHRIMP WITH GARLIC SAUCE
- For the shrimp: Heat the oil until it reaches 360 degrees F in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the raw shrimp in the cornstarch. Fry in batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan, until their exteriors crisp up, about 4 to 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the oil and put them onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- For the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable broth and cornstarch. Set the bowl aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper and cook for another 30 seconds. Pour in the prepared sauce and cook until the sauce thickens. Stir in the broccoli and water chestnuts and cook for 1 minute, then add the shrimp and fry for 1 minute more. Transfer the shrimp with garlic sauce to a serving bowl and serve hot with cooked rice.
CRISPY SHRIMP OR CALAMARI WITH CHINESE NOODLES AND SPICY GARLIC SAUCE
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. In a wok or deep, heavy saucepan, heat about 3 inches of peanut oil. (The oil must be very hot, about 375 degrees F.)
- Make the sauce: In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. Over medium-high heat, saute the garlic just until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the sugar and continue to saute until the garlic begins to caramelize, 1 or 2 minutes longer. Deglaze the pan with the rice wine, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce. Add the carrots, haricots verts, and 2 ounces of the green onion, reserving 1 ounce as garnish. Stir in the chili sauce and continue to cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, add salt to the boiling water and cook the noodles until they are al dente. Drain the noodles well and stir them into the sauce until they are well coated.
- Season the shrimp or calamari with salt and pepper and toss with the flour to coat lightly. Deep-fry the shrimp or calamari in small batches until golden, 1 or 2 minutes. (The easiest way to do this is to use a fine-mesh basket or strainer. Place the shrimp or calamari in the basket and gently ease the basket into the oil.) Drain on clean paper towels.
- To serve, divide the noodles and vegetables among 4 large warm plates. Arrange the shrimp or calamari over and around each portion and garnish with the remaining green onions. Drizzle a little sesame oil over the noodles and serve immediately.
- Prepare an ice bath. Separate the garlic into cloves and remove the ends of each clove. Fill a small saucepan with water. Salt lightly and bring to a boil. Carefully drop the whole cloves into the water and blanch for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge into the ice water to stop the cooking process. Repeat the process. Drain the garlic and dry it well. The peels should slip off easily. Cut the garlic into slices and use as needed.
STIR FRIED SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE
A delicious stir fry shrimp dish that is very popular in Chinese restaurants. Recipe courtesy Stuart Chang Berman.
Provided by Marie
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Butter fly the shrimp by cutting along the backside, but not all the way through.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the egg white, cornstarch and 1 to 2 tablespoons of water.
- Mix well.
- The consistency should be silky and the color milky.
- In a large wok, heat 2 cups of the oil to 280 °.
- Turn the shrimp gently in the poaching oil. When they are white and fluffy, remove them with a stainless steel strainer.
- Place the cooked shrimp in a colander to drain.
- In a small saucepan, mix the chicken broth, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, sugar, and chili paste.
- Stir well.
- Bring the garlic sauce to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer.
- In a clean wok, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil to smoking.
- Add the sliced water chestnuts and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic sauce, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Mix together the cornstarch and cold water and stir the mixture into the wok and bring to a boil.
- Stir until thickened and add the shrimp.
- Toss and stir 3 times until well coated.
- Stir in the sliced scallions and serve.
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with paper towls. Add the shrimp and seasoning mix to a plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Heat the butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat until the butter has melted. Raise the heat to medium-high; when the butter begins to pop and sizzle add the shrimp to the pan. Cook and stir the shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Garnish with lime wedges and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 210.7 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 910.9 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
SHRIMP WITH BROCCOLI IN GARLIC SAUCE
- Combine broccoli and water in a glass bowl; steam in microwave oven until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and ginger root to the garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the shrimp; cook and stir until the shrimp turn pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Toss steamed broccoli and water chestnuts with the shrimp mixture to coat with the sauce. Stir cornstarch into the mixture 1 tablespoon at a time until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 173.6 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 21.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 495.9 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
More about "chinese shrimp in garlic sauce recipes"
CHINESE GARLIC SHRIMP | LOVEFOODIES
4.7/5 (12)Total Time 10 minsCategory SeafoodCalories 312 per serving
- In a plastic ziplock bag, add the sugar, cornstarch, five-spice powder, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, add the chili, scallions, garlic and stir to combine.
- Clean the shrimps and dry with paper towels, then place in the prepared zip lock bag with the cornstarch ingredients. Give it a shake so all the shrimps are well coated.
- In a frying pan,add the peanut oil and over a high heat, heat the oil until it is sizzling hot. Then add the shrimp, cook until they just start turning pink, and turn so the other side of the shrimp are the same. Remove with a slotted spoon on to some kitchen paper.
- Turn the heat down and transfer the garlic scallion mixture to the pan until the garlic is a golden colour. Be careful not to burn the garlic as this will result in a bitter taste. Then add the shrimp back to the pan with the garlic and toss until everything is combined.
20 EASY CHINESE SHRIMP RECIPES FROM KUNG PAO TO GARLIC
5/5 (1)Category Recipe Roundup, Seafood
STEAMED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC VERMICELLI RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
STEAMED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND GOLDEN NEEDLE POWDER RECIPE
STEAMED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC VERMICELLI RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
RECIPES SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
STIR-FRIED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND CHILE SAUCE RECIPE
ASIAN GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP - RASA MALAYSIA
CHINESE STYLE GARLIC SHRIMP & VEGGIES PASTA RECIPE
CHINESE SHRIMP AND GARLIC SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHINESE SHRIMP STIR FRY RECIPE - READY IN 15 MINUTES | STEAMY …
CHINESE SHRIMP GARLIC SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST CHINESE SHRIMP SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
14 BEST CHINESE SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
STIR-FRIED SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
THE ROASTED SHRIMPS WITH GARLIC SAUCE | MISS CHINESE FOOD
CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CHINESE CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE CHINESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
ONE-PAN SHRIMP AND GREEN BEANS IN CHINESE GARLIC SAUCE
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE CHINESE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SHRIMP WITH HOT GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE-BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
CHINESE SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE
CHINESE SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN GARLIC SAUCE - BIGOVEN
CHINESE SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI STIR-FRY IN GINGER GARLIC SAUCE
CHINESE SHRIMP GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHINESE STIR-FRY SHRIMP IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE RECIPE
CHINESE GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EGGPLANT WITH SHRIMP AND GARLIC SAUCE (CA TIM XAO TOM)
CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
SIMPLE SHRIMP STIR FRY RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHINESE GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - SAUCE FANATIC
SHRIMP WITH LOBSTER SAUCE: CHINESE TAKEOUT RECIPE - THE WOKS OF …
SHRIMP WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE — CINNAMON SOCIETY
SZECHUAN SHRIMP WITH CHILI AND GARLIC SAUCE | WINE ENTHUSIAST
GARLIC SHRIMP CHINESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHINESE SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY - COOKING MADE HEALTHY
ASIAN CHILLI GARLIC PRAWNS (SHRIMP) | RECIPETIN EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp in garlic sauce?Directions. Cook garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; add chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and ginger root to the garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the shrimp; cook and stir until the shrimp turn pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Toss steamed broccoli and water chestnuts with the shrimp mixture to coat with...
How to cook shrimp stir fry with sauce?Heat the canola oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper and cook for another 30 seconds. Pour in the prepared sauce and cook until the sauce thickens. Stir in the broccoli and water chestnuts and cook for 1 minute, then add the shrimp and fry for 1 minute more.
What is Chinese garlic shrimp?Chinese Garlic Shrimp is an absolutely delicious recipe. It’s got wonderful flavors of five spice, garlic, salt and pepper, and a hint of chilli pepper. This recipe is very quick and easy to make, and very little preparation. You can use either fresh or frozen shrimp, if frozen, make sure you defrost them first!
How to cook Chinese garlic sauce?This Chinese garlic sauce is lightly sweet and so flavorful. It’s amazing as a stir-fry sauce or it can be used as a dipping sauce. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and chilis. Cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 15 seconds.