CHOCOLATE BANANA BUNDLES
Banana and chocolate is such an irresistible combo that I make this quick dessert often. You can also top these tasty bundles with the butter and brown sugar mixture left over from coating the bananas, or sprinkle on a dash of sea salt. -Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; stir to coat. Remove from heat; set aside., Unfold puff pastry; cut into 4 rectangles. Place a halved banana in center of each square. Overlap 2 opposite corners of pastry over banana; pinch tightly to seal. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets. , Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 596 calories, Fat 31g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 249mg sodium, Carbohydrate 78g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
BANANA CHOCOLATE STRUDEL
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface with a short side of phyllo nearest you, keeping remaining sheets covered, and brush with some butter. Top phyllo with 3 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each with butter. Arrange bananas one above the other, horizontally, on lower third of phyllo, leaving a 1-inch border on both sides (trim bananas if too long). Sprinkle chocolate over bananas, then fold sides of phyllo toward middle (over ends of bananas). Fold bottom edge of phyllo over bananas and roll up bananas in phyllo.
- Transfer strudel, seam side down, to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or to a buttered baking sheet, then brush strudel with beaten egg. Cut 4 (1/2-inch-long) steam vents diagonally along top of strudel with a sharp knife. Bake in middle of oven until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly on a rack, then dust with confectioners sugar.
CARAMELIZED BANANAS AND VANILLA CREAM IN PHYLLO CUPS
Categories Milk/Cream Dairy Fruit Dessert Bake Freeze/Chill Cocktail Party Kid-Friendly Banana Vanilla Fall Shower Engagement Party Party Phyllo/Puff Pastry Dough Pastry Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher Small Plates
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make phyllo cups:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter every other cup in 12-cup muffin pan. Place 1 phyllo rectangle on work surface; cover remaining phyllo with damp cloth to prevent drying. Brush rectangle with melted butter; sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon sugar. Place second phyllo rectangle atop first; brush with butter and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon sugar. Repeat 3 more times; top with 1 more rectangle and brush with butter, making stack of 6 rectangles. Using small sharp knife and 6-inch-diameter plate as guide, cut out two 6-inch round stacks. Press each stack into 1 buttered muffin cup. Repeat entire procedure 2 more times, making 4 more phyllo cups (6 total). Bake cups until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Carefully lift cups, twisting slightly to loosen; place on rack. Cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
- Make pastry cream:
- Whisk 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan to blend. Gradually whisk in milk, then yolks. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Whisk over medium heat until pastry cream thickens and boils, about 6 minutes. Strain pastry cream into small bowl; press plastic wrap directly onto surface. Chill until cold, at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.
- Preheat broiler. Place phyllo cups on small baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup pastry cream into each cup. Overlap 5 or 6 banana slices atop pastry cream in each cup. Sprinkle bananas with additional sugar. Broil pastries until sugar topping caramelizes, turning sheet for even browning, about 2 minutes. Transfer cups to plates. Scoop sorbet alongside.
BANANA AND CHOCOLATE IN PHYLLO
I based this on a barbecued banana recipe. That has cutting a slit along the inside curve of the banana skin, placing chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (or both) inside the slit, wrapping it in aluminum foil and putting it on the barbecue (or oven) for about 15-20 minutes. Comes out like custard. I've seen one similar recipe ( partial banana wrap) and several anana chimiChanga type recipes on the net. If I've repeated something from somewhere else, I'm sure I'll be told. This is a recipe for 10. Can be scaled up and down.
Provided by jackmck
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Brush each sheet with butter and sprinkle sugar (other appropriate spices can be aded) and stack.
- Take one banana and 2 chocolate segments and place on the long end.
- Fold side flaps over banana and brush flaps with butter.
- Roll up.
- Brush ends with butter and seal.
- Brush roll with egg wash.
- Oven to about 350 deg and bake 15 - 20 minutes.
- Puree 1 pint strawberries and fold into cool whip.
- Slice the rest.
- Toast almonds.
- TO SERVE: Place one banana roll on plate.
- Spoon cool whip mixture on one end of roll and scatter strawberries and almonds over it.
- Might want to get a plastic squirt bottle of chocolate and randomly squirt all around dish.
- Many possible variations.
- Reeses Cup instead of regular chocolate or any other candy bar.
CHOCOLATE-BANANA PHYLLO BUNDLES
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine grated chocolate and ice cream toppping.
- place one sheet of phyllo on large work surface and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place second sheet on top and press together to seal.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture evenly over one narrow edge of phylorr using the back of the spoon.
- Arrange about 1/2 of one banana evenly over chocolate mixture.
- Fold the bottom edge of the phyllo over the sliced bananas, then fold the sides of the phyllo inward towards the center. Gently roll phyllo strip up from bottom to top.
- Repeat until all phyllo and remaining ingredients are gone.
- Place the bundles, with seams down, on baking tray. Spray with non stick spray and almonds.
- Bake until edges are gold brown, about 10-20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with a teaspoon of whipped topping, additional ice cream topping and powdered sugar, if desired.
BANANA AND CHOCOLATE TRIANGLES
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thaw phyllo sheets; melt butter. In a bowl, combine bananas, sugar, and chocolate.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a clean work surface. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar. Top with another sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo, brushing each sheet with melted butter as you stack them.
- Form 4 triangles: Cut dough into strips with a sharp knife; place filling at one end, leaving one corner empty. Fold corner of dough over filling. Continue folding, alternating corners, making sure no filling spills out the sides. When you reach the end, trim excess dough from triangle with knife. Brush surface with butter.
- Bake on a baking sheet until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly; serve.
GARLIC PHYLLO BUNDLES
Wonderful roasted garlic wrapped in flaky phyllo dough simply melt in your mouth. Walnuts add a surprising crunch, while the melted butter lends rich flavor to the bite-sized bundles.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo with butter; place another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out., Cut the two layered sheets into four 14x2-1/4-in. strips. Place one garlic clove on lower corner of each strip; sprinkle 1 teaspoon walnuts over length of strip., Fold dough over garlic, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip. Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal., Place bread crumbs in a small shallow bowl. Brush both sides of triangle with butter; dip in bread crumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat., Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 66mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "chocolate banana phyllo bundles recipes"
CARAMEL BANANA FILO HAND PIES - TINNED TOMATOES
CRISPY CHOCOLATE PHYLLO NAPOLEON | CUISINE TECHNIQUES
CHOCOLATE-FILLED PHYLLO TRIANGLES RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CHOCOLATE-BANANA PHYLLO BUNDLES - RECIPES | PAMPERED …
- Slice bananas using Egg Slicer Plus®.For each phyllo bundle, place one sheet of phyllo on large work surface and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
BANANA AND CHOCOLATE PUDDING DESSERT BITES - RACHEL COOKS®
CHOCOLATE-PHYLLO POCKETS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHOCOLATE BANANA BUNDLES RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
CHOCOLATE PHYLLO DOUGH DESSERT RECIPES : CHOCOLATE-BANANA …
CHOCOLATE BANANA BUNDLES | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
CHOCOLATE-BANANA PHYLLO PILLOWS | CHOCOLATE BANANA, PHYLLO, …
HELP ASAP!: HAS ANYONE TRIED THE CHOC-BANANA PHYLLO BUNDLES?
CHOCOLATE-BANANA PHYLLO BUNDLES | RECIPE | PHYLLO, PASTRIES RECIPES ...
WORLD BEST HEALTHY FOOD: CHOCOLATE-BANANA PHYLLO BUNDLES
BANANA AND CHOCOLATE IN PHYLLO RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHOCOLATE BANANA BUNDLES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CHOCOLATE BANANA BUNDLES
BANANA CREAM CUSTARD PHYLLO BUNDLES | KALOFAGAS.CA
BANANA PHYLLO WITH HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SAUCE - FOOD THINKERS …
EASY CARAMELIZED BANANA PHYLLO CUPS - SIFTNWHISK
BABY BANANA IN SHREDDED PHYLLO WITH COCONUT-CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
CHOCOLATE-BANANA PHYLLO BUNDLES RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: …
CHOCOLATE BUNDLES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE - PAULA DEEN
PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE BUNDLES - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BEST PHYLLO WRAPPED BANANAS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
10 BEST PHYLLO SHELL DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BANANA BUNDLE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
22 CHOCOLATE AND BANANA DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MOULTONLINK: CHOCOLATE-BANANA PHYLLO BUNDLES
KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX.
BANANAS BAKED IN PHYLLO WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
CHICKEN PHYLLO BUNDLES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
PINEAPPLE PHYLLO BUNDLES - BIGOVEN.COM
NUTELLA + BANANA PHYLLO PASTRIES - COLEY COOKS
You'll also love