- Melt the chocolate chips in a medium bowl set over a double-boiler, stirring with a rubber spatula, until almost entirely melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted, another 30 seconds. Stir in the hazelnut spread. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- If the madeleines have a side with a bump, trim the bump to create a flat surface. Cut each madeleine in half horizontally and place cut-side up on a baking sheet. Broil until toasted and brown, 3 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of the chocolate mixture evenly over the bottom half of a madeleine; sprinkle with hazelnuts. Place the top half on the hazelnuts and press gently. Dip the assembled madeleine halfway in the chocolate mixture, then place on a tray. Continue with the rest of the madeleines. Refrigerate until completely cool and the chocolate has hardened slightly, 30 minutes.
- Serve alongside Bourbon Milk (see below) if desired.
Weighting the puff pastry with an extra sheet pan while it blind-bakes is a classic way to get the crackle without the height and also gives the pastries a sleek, modern look.
Provided by Lillian Chou
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make hazelnut crème:
- Melt chocolate with Nutella and keep warm.
- Beat cream with an electric mixer until it just holds soft peaks, then chill.
- Beat egg and yolks in cleaned mixer bowl with cleaned beaters at high speed until thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring sugar, water, and corn syrup to a boil in a 1-qt heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Continue to boil, undisturbed, until candy thermometer registers 238°F (soft-ball stage; you will need to tilt pan to get temperature), about 4 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium and add hot sugar mixture to eggs in a slow steam (try to avoid beaters and side of bowl), then beat until mixture is pale, thick, tripled in volume, and completely cool, about 5 minutes.
- Fold chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Fold in one third of whipped cream to lighten, then fold in remaining whipped cream gently but thoroughly. Chill at least 4 hours.
- Candy hazelnuts:
- Line a baking pan with foil (shiny side up).
- Heat sugar in a heavy 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring with a fork to heat sugar evenly, until it starts to melt, then stop stirring and cook, swirling skillet occasionally so sugar melts evenly, until it is dark amber. Add hazelnuts, stirring until coated. Transfer to foil and cool completely, then coarsely chop.
- Bake pastry:
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle. Line a large heavy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 17- by 10-inch rectangle (about 1/8 inch thick). Transfer to baking sheet, then cover with a sheet of parchment and top with a heavy baking sheet or sheet pan to weight down. Bake until pale golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together corn syrup and water.
- Remove top baking sheet and parchment. Generously brush pastry with corn syrup mixture and cover with parchment, then invert pastry and brush other side with corn syrup mixture. Replace parchment and baking sheet and bake until deep golden and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes more. Cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, trim edges of pastry, then halve lengthwise and cut each half into 8 equal rectangles for a total of 16 rectangles.
- Assemble dessert:
- Arrange 8 rectangles on a baking sheet and dust with confectioners' sugar to cover. (To mark pastry decoratively, see cooks' note, below.)
- Dab a small amount of hazelnut crème in center of 8 plates, then put an undecorated pastry rectangle on top. Divide remaining hazelnut crème among pastry rectangles. Sprinkle with some of the candied hazelnuts and top with decorated pastry rectangles. Sprinkle with more candied hazelnuts.
- Do Ahead
- Hazelnut crème can be chilled up to 2 days. Candied hazelnuts keep in an airtight container 3 weeks. Pastry can be baked 2 days ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Lay puff pastry flat onto a work surface. Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread over puff pastry and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Starting with a long edge of the pastry, roll pastry tightly around filling, stopping in the middle. Repeat with the opposite long edge, meeting the first roll. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut pastry into 3/4-inch slices. Arrange slices on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Flip cookies and continue baking until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22.3 g, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 70 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
CHOCOLATE PALMIERS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Lay the puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 12-inch by 14-inch (30 cm by 35 cm) rectangle.
- Use a spatula to spread the chocolate hazelnut spread over the pastry, leaving a ¼-inch (6 mm) border of uncovered pastry.
- Roll each side of the sheet inward to meet in the middle.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into fourteen ¼-inch (6 mm) thick slices.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 calories, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 4 grams
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS
My son broght home a kids cooking book for his library day at school and these were in it. He is only 8 and loves to help me cook and bake and he is always looking to find recipes that he can help me make! I am mostly putting it here so that we can keep the recipe when the book needs to be returned! When they showed this, they had 12 oz of puff pastry and divided it into thirds and also made fruity treats and cheesy sticks, which I have also added here. These should make 16 cookies. I personally don't care for any nute, and if you're allergic, you can omit the hazelnuts and use more chocolate chips! This could probably be doubled easily if needed. Enjoy!
Provided by LDSMom128
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with some butter or some pan spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hazelnuts, chcolate chips. brown sugar, spices, and butter.
- Roll out the puff pastry to 8X12 inch rectangle. Brush the pastry with some of the beaten egg. Using 2/3 of the nut mixture.
- Fold the short sides of the rectangle into the middle. Brush the tops with the egg and sprinkle on the rest of the nut mixture. Fold the folded edges into the middle. Brush the top with the egg. Fold the pastry in half to form a roll. Cut into 16 slices. They will be kind of pretzel shape!
- Bake for about 10 minutes and the pastry is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373.3, Fat 24.9, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 60.5, Sodium 115.1, Carbohydrate 34.9, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 19.8, Protein 5.8
More about "chocolate hazelnut palmiers recipes"
2-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS | RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Starting with one long side of the sheet, roll the puff pastry in a spiral to the middle of the puff pastry sheet
ROASTED HAZELNUTS COVERED IN CHOCOLATE MAY I HAVE …
PALMIERS WITH CHOCOLATE, HAZELNUT AND ORANGE FILLING …
NUTELLA AND HAZELNUT PALMIERS - VIKALINKA
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PALMIERS – PUFF PASTRY
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED HAZELNUT PALMIERS - HARMONS GROCERY
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT, …
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS - BIGOVEN.COM
GRANT’S TWO-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS
HAZELNUT PALMIERS - HANABIRECIPES.BLOGSPOT.COM
CHOCOLATE PALMIERS RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
CHOCOLATE PALMIERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS - OAK COTTAGE RECIPES
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | CHOCOLATE-HAZELNUT-PALMIERS …
21 HAZELNUT DESSERTS TO MAKE ASAP | ALLRECIPES
DARK CHOCOLATE PALMIERS | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT, ARTISAN …
RANDOM RECIPE IDEA FOR DINNER | CHOCOLATE-AND-HAZELNUT-PALMIERS …
GRANT’S TWO-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS
SUGAR-FREE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS - RED MAGAZINE
CHOCOLATE AND HAZELNUT PALMIERS - THE GOURMET HOUSEWIFE
NUTELLA PALMIERS OR THE EASIEST DESSERT EVER - HANDLE THE HEAT
NUTELLA PALMIERS RECIPE - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
HAZELNUT PALMIERS | RECIPE | PALMIERS RECIPE, STARBUCKS RECIPES ...
CHOCOLATE-HAZELNUT STOLLEN - KING ARTHUR BAKING
HAZELNUT PALMIERS TASTY RECIPES - RECIPES FOOD
BEST CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT NAPOLEON RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA …
2-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT PALMIERS | RECIPE | DESSERTS, FOOD ...
HONEY HAZELNUT ORANGE SPICE PALMIERS - A COOKIE NAMED DESIRE
EASY CHOCOLATE PALMIERS | SAVORY
HAZELNUT PALMIERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love