DOUBLE CHOCOLATE LOAF CAKE
Chocolate and cake are two of our favourite things, so what's not to love about this indulgent cake?
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Afternoon tea, Treat
Yield Cuts into 8-10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin with a long strip of baking parchment. To make the loaf cake batter, beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, flour, almonds, baking powder, milk and cocoa until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, then scrape into the tin. Bake for 45-50 mins until golden, risen and a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin, then lift out onto a wire rack over some kitchen paper. Melt the extra chocolate chunks separately in pans over barely simmering water, or in bowls in the microwave, then use a spoon to drizzle each in turn over the cake. Leave to set before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 48 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 33 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.64 milligram of sodium
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk so the batter does not become too stiff. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the sugar water into a 2 quart casserole dish. Drop the chocolate mixture by spoonfuls into the sugar syrup to make dumplings.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Use a slotted spoon to remove dumplings to plates, spoon syrup over and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.8 calories, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 1.2 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 199 mg, Sugar 38.3 g
- Combine the chocolate syrup with 1 cup milk.
- Beat with egg beater or electric mixer.
- Pour into glass and add a small scoop of ice cream of your choice.
- Makes 1 serving.
- Try adding 2 tbls.
- of peanut butter!
More about "chocolatefloat recipes"
BEST HOT CHOCOLATE FLOAT RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE HOT CHOCOLATE ...
Total Time 10 mins
EASY CHOCOLATE FLUFF | THE KITCHEN IS MY PLAYGROUND
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertsServings 6-8Total Time 10 mins
CHOCLOATE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE AT HOME | HOMEMADE ...
4.3/5 (36)Total Time 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 222 per serving
10 BEST CHOCOLATE LOAF CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE FLOAT CAKE - FOOD & SWINE
Reviews 3Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Whisk dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients and soda, mix well. Spread in a greased 9x9 pan.
- Whisk together, carefully pour over cake batter prior to baking. (This step will feel odd, it will resemble pouring coffee onto cake batter. Do it, trust me.) *This brings about an interesting point... make this dessert "Mocha" by subbing hot coffee for hot water!
15 ICE CREAM FLOAT RECIPES | HOMEMADE RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 7 minsPublished 2016-07-15
- Blackberry Soda Float. This blackberry soda float is the perfect treat to enjoy blackberries at home. Eating blackberries alone is good, but incorporating them in your drinks will make that flavor go a long way!
- Peach Tea Ice Cream Float. Have you ever tried peach ice cream before? If not, this peach tea ice cream float is the best way to start! It’s a simple and refreshing float—just peach ice cream and tea, with a hint of vodka for an extra kick!
- Cold Brew Coffee Soda Float. Shout-out to all the coffee people! This cold brew coffee soda float is for you! Coffee is a staple breakfast beverage, but this iced coffee float is a different story.
- Cold Pressed Watermelon Soda Float. Now is the perfect time to try and use your sparkling beverage maker! Grab a juicy and fresh watermelon, vanilla ice cream, and your homemade cold-pressed watermelon juice.
- Pina Colada Float. From simple vanilla ice cream to a cool tropical drink! This pina colada float will quench your thirst this summer. It is sweet, citrusy, and creamy all at once.
- Key Lime Coconut Ice Cream Float. This key lime coconut ice cream float is another delicious masterpiece made with a sparkling beverage maker. It’s the perfect excuse to have you invest in one!
- Caramel Apple Spice Float. This tasty caramel apple spice float is filled with all the Fall flavors you love. It is tasty and packed with health benefits from apple cider.
- Adult Root Beer Float. Take your ice cream float experience to the next level. This ice cream float recipe is everything you look for in a leveled-up dessert.
- Ocean Float. This ocean float is a refreshing and fizzy drink to serve at a kid’s party. Don’t just stick to plain soda. Add a scoop of ice cream to it for a fun twist.
- Strawberry Ice Cream Lime Soda Float. This ice cream float looks so good, doesn’t it? If you love strawberry and lime soda, you’ll fall in love once more!
9 DELICIOUS RECIPES FOR HOT CHOCOLATE WITH COCOA POWDER ...
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Like Grandma Made. This classic Homemade Hot Chocolate Like Grandma Made recipe tastes exactly like the title states: it's creamy and an original recipe that will have you basking in childhood memories.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Peppermint Hot Chocolate is a fun treat and made with real candy canes! Made in a blender, this easy recipe consists of only six ingredients and is ready in no time.
- Healthy Hot Chocolate. Healthy Hot Chocolate is made with walnuts and comforting flavors of cocoa and vanilla.
- Raspberry Hot Cocoa. Raspberry Hot Cocoa is the perfect way to wind down after a busy day out in the cold. Dairy-free and made with low glycemic sweeteners, you will love this vegan hot chocolate recipe that is both nourishing AND delicious!
- Keto Hot Chocolate Recipe. This Keto Hot Chocolate Recipe is super low carb and great for anyone looking for a healthier treat.
- Christmas Hot Chocolate. With just a few simple ingredients, this Christmas Hot Chocolate recipe is creamy and sweet! Made with a candy cane whipped cream, this decadent beverage is made with cocoa powder and ready in no time.
- Bulletproof Hot Chocolate (Paleo, AIP, Keto, GAPS) Bulletproof Hot Chocolate is healthy and sweet and great for any time of the day!
- Whipped Chocolate (Dalgona Chocolate) Hot Chocolate. Intrigued by the latest Dalgona trend? If so, then learn how to make this Whipped Chocolate (Dalgona Chocolate) Hot Chocolate and enjoy this frothy caffeine-free hip beverage.
- The Best Hot Chocolate Float Recipe. This Best Hot Chocolate Float Recipe is made with cocoa powder, rich chocolate chunks, vanilla, and creamy whipped cream.
HOT CHOCOLATE FLOATS – KEFALOS FOODS
Cuisine AmericanCategory DrinksServings 4
CHOCOLATE LOAF CAKE RECIPE WITH EASY CHOCOLATE GLAZE
Ratings 165Calories 292 per servingCategory Dessert, Cake
THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE FLOAT RECIPE — REGISTERED …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
FIVE MINUTE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL
5/5 (23)Total Time 5 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 263 per serving
PEANUT BUTTER HOT CHOCOLATE FLOAT | CLEOBUTTERA
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 2Total Time 20 mins
DARK CHOCOLATE FLAN RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
Cuisine MexicanCategory DessertServings 6Total Time 2 hrs
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FLOAT - SMUCKER'S®
CHOCOLATE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE LOAF CAKE
MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE - CLASSIC-RECIPES
CHOCOLATE ORANGE DRIZZLE LOAF CAKE - RECIPES-AVENUE.COM
CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE ORANGE LOAF FROM ... - RECIPES-AVENUE.COM
CARAMELISED ROASTED BANANA AND ... - RECIPES-AVENUE.COM
MY FAVORITE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPES - BAKING MISCHIEF
DREAMY HOT CHOCOLATE FLOAT - BAKING MISCHIEF
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS AT ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a chocolate float recipe?Place 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk so the batter does not become too stiff.
How to make a moist chocolate loaf cake?Moist Chocolate Loaf Cake 1 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 2 4 ounces butter (room temperature) 3 3 large eggs 4 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch) 5 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 6 1 teaspoon baking soda 7 3/4 teaspoon salt 8 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 9 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (5 1/2 ounces) 10 3/4 cup milk More ...
What's the best way to make dark chocolate Flans?Prepare Chocolate Flans: In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the milk to a slow simmer; add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon sticks. Be careful not to bring it to a full boil, and do not cover with a lid. Let simmer for one (1) hour. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate into small pieces.
How do you make a double chocolate loaf cake?Beat in the eggs, flour, almonds, baking powder, milk and cocoa until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, then scrape into the tin. Bake for 45-50 mins until golden, risen and a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin, then lift out onto a wire rack over some kitchen paper.