BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM
- Combine 3 cups blackberries with 1 cup sugar and the water in a medium nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and berries begin to fall apart, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Pass berry mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl, gently pressing down on the solids with a wooden spoon to release as much liquid as possible. Measure out 1/2 cup solids, and set aside; discard remaining solids. Measure out 1 2/3 cups strained puree, and return it to saucepan; reserve any remaining puree for serving. (Store reserved puree in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.)
- Place vanilla bean and scrapings in a saucepan, and add milk. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, and remove from heat. Discard vanilla pod.
- Prepare an ice bath, and set aside. Combine egg yolks and the remaining 1/3 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until mixture is pale yellow, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Using a measuring cup or ladle, slowly pour about 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into the egg-yolk mixture, beating constantly on low speed until blended. Continue adding milk mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating until thoroughly combined after each addition.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon and hold a line when drawn across the back of the spoon with your finger, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add reserved strained puree, and immediately stir in the cream to stop the cooking. Pour through a fine sieve into a medium bowl set in the ice bath; let cool completely, stirring occasionally. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled, at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Freeze mixture in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions; it should still be slightly soft. Stir in the reserved 1/2 cup blackberry solids and remaining 1 cup blackberries; spin a few times in ice-cream maker to distribute evenly. Transfer mixture to an airtight container, and place in the freezer until ice cream is completely set, at least 4 hours and up to 1 week.
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM
Started with Dee514's Cinnamon Ice Cream (#67382) and grew from there. Has gorgeous deep lavender color and rich blackberry flavor. A hint of rich cinnamon (I use Penzey's Vietnamese Cinnamon) adds an exotic depth to it. Uses electric ice cream maker. Prep time doesn't include chilling base. Cook time is freezing time.
Provided by ktdid
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 1 quart, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix blackberries and 1/2 cup sugar in small saucepan. Bring to low boil, simmer 5 minutes to dissolve sugar and break up berries. Cool slightly. Puree in blender. Press puree through fine sieve to remove seeds. Discard seeds. Set puree aside.
- Mix egg yolk, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup half and half in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly (about 5 min).
- Whisk remaining half and half, all of cream and cinnamon and vanilla into cooked mixture. Whisk in blackberry puree.
- Cool and chill the ice cream base mixture for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour cold mixture into electric ice cream machine and process according to manufacturer's directions (takes about 25 minutes in my Cuisinart electric ice cream maker).
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM
- Combine blackberries, sugar, and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor; process until mixture is pureed. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain the seeds through a fine mesh sieve and return puree to the food processor. Add cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Pulse until mixture is whipped, about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, 2 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559.8 calories, Carbohydrate 36.8 g, Cholesterol 166.1 mg, Fat 45.4 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 28 g, Sodium 58.3 mg, Sugar 30 g
BLACKBERRY CRUNCH NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
Homemade ice cream that doesn't require an ice cream maker or special attachment for your mixer? You bet! I combine my cream cheese ice cream with swirls of blackberry jam and crushed spiced biscuit cookies for a delicious almost-homemade treat.
Provided by Kardea Brown
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place an 8-inch square pan in the freezer for 30 minutes. Combine the jam and blackberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the blackberries soften and the jam becomes liquidy, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl with a hand-held mixer until smooth. Set aside. (Wash and dry the beaters.)
- Beat the heavy cream in a large bowl with the hand-held mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the frozen pan. Set aside some of the cookies to sprinkle on top. Sprinkle the cream mixture with half of the remaining crushed cookies and fold gently to incorporate the cookies in the cream. Spoon half of the jam on top and swirl with a wooden skewer or chopstick. Repeat the process with the remaining cream, jam and cookies. Sprinkle the reserved cookies on top.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours but preferably overnight. To serve, let the ice cream stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before scooping into serving bowls.
BLACKBERRY CHIP ICE CREAM
- Combine the blackberries, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the lemon juice in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until the blackberries are broken down and syrupy, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl through a fine mesh strainer. Using a whisk or spoon, force out as much of the deep purple liquid as you can, and then set it aside to cool. Discard the blackberry pulp and seeds.
- Heat the half-and-half and remaining 1 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Using a whisk, beat the egg yolks until pale and thick. Temper the eggs by splashing a small amount of the warm cream into the yolks, whisking constantly. Pour the tempered yolks into the saucepan, stirring gently. Cook over medium-low heat until thick, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream into the bowl with the berries, and then pour in the custard and stir to combine. If you have time, refrigerate this mixture until cool.
- Freeze the mixture according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- When it is frozen, chop the chocolate into chunks and stir into the ice cream.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and allow it to harden for several hours or overnight.
BLACKBERRY AND CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM ICEBOX CAKE
This easy dessert for summer is simply assembled with whipped cream, blackberry jam, chocolate graham crackers, & storebought chocolate ice cream.
Provided by Kendra Vaculin
Yield Makes one 9x5" cake
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Line a 9x5" loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a few inches of overhang on all sides. Chill pan until ready to use. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Place jam in a medium bowl and whisk to loosen, then gently mix in half of whipped cream. Mix vanilla and salt into plain whipped cream.
- Scoop half of vanilla whipped cream into prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer. Arrange a layer of graham crackers on top, breaking or cutting to fit as needed. Add half of blackberry whipped cream, smooth into an even layer, and top with another layer of graham crackers. Dollop ice cream across top and smooth into an even layer. Add a third layer of crackers, followed by remaining blackberry whipped cream. Repeat with a fourth layer of graham crackers and finally spread remaining vanilla whipped cream over (don't worry if it's a little higher than edges of pan). Crumble some graham crackers over. Cover with plastic overhang and freeze until set, at least 6 hours.
- To serve, using plastic overhang, unmold cake (if it's hesitant to come out, run the sides of the pan under warm water for a few seconds to loosen) and cut into slices. Do ahead: Cake can be made 2 days ahead. Keep frozen.
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large Dutch oven.
- Whisk in half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat.
- Slowly whisk about 4 cups of hot mixture into beaten egg.
- Add egg mixture to remaining hot mixture, whisking constantly, until mixture reaches 160°.
- (Immediately remove it from heat to prevent curdling.) Let cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vanilla; chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine blackberries and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a separate bowl; stir well.
- Cover and chill 8 hours, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Stir berry mixture into custard mixture.
- Pour into container of a 4-quart ice-cream maker.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions; if recommended, pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand 1 hour before serving.
- Scoop into serving bowls; garnish, if desired.
- Makes 1 gallon.
- Note: To hasten cooling of custard mixture, partially fill sink with ice water to come about halfway up sides of Dutch oven.
- Let pan remain in ice-water bath, stirring often until room temperature; chill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 7593.3, Fat 321.5, SaturatedFat 185.8, Cholesterol 2587.4, Sodium 2722.4, Carbohydrate 1088.2, Fiber 35, Sugar 938.7, Protein 133.3
More about "blackberry ice cream recipes"
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM, PART 1 - THE PIONEER WOMAN
5/5 (1)Category Dessert, Main DishAuthor KimmijTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
5/5 (3)Total Time 5 hrsCategory Dessert, Fruit Desserts, Ice CreamCalories 280 per serving
BLACKBERRY CHOCOLATE CHUNK ICE CREAM - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - COOKING WITH CARLEE
NO-CHURN SWEET CORN ICE CREAM WITH BLACKBERRY SAUCE
HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | WICKED SPATULA
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
BLACKBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM (EVEN BETTER WITH OREOS)
HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - MY FRUGAL HOME
FRESH BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM (NO CHURN) - BAKED BY AN …
HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - MY FEARLESS KITCHEN
EASY HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - PRETTY …
BLACKBERRY SWIRL ICE CREAM - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
EASY NO CHURN BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM | OLIVE & MANGO
BLACKBERRY CHIP ICE CREAM (NO CHURN) - ANOTHER SCOOP PLEASE
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - MOM MAKES DINNER
RECIPE: BLACKBERRY BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM | KITCHN
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
FRESH BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
BLACKBERRY COBBLER ICE CREAM - A BEAUTIFUL MESS
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM | WILLIAMS SONOMA
EASY BLACKBERRY COBBLER RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - NO CHURN - 5 MINS - VEENA AZMANOV
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
EASY HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - DESSERT REVEALS
NO CHURN EASY BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
BLACKBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
RECIPE: HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - 17 APART
BLACKBERRY COCONUT ICE CREAM FOR SUMMER - A CLASSIC TWIST
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM FLAVOURED WITH BAY - TASTEBOTANICAL
SIMPLE RECIPES BLACKBERRY AND CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM ICEBOX CAKE …
BEST BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE EASY | WHITE ON RICE COUPLE
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM - LITTLE PIECES FROM HEAVEN
BLACKBERRY ICE CREAM WITH ANISE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BLACKBERRY SWIRL ICE CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #frozen-desserts #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #berries #number-of-servings
Recipe: Blackberry Ice Cream2.6K views-04:06
How To Make Blackberry Ice Cream29K views-02:28
Blackberry sorbet with hibiscus in the ice cream maker | Recipe | KitchenAid660 views-01:00
Homemade Blackberry Ice Cream - No Churn681 views-09:37
How to make Blackberry Ice Cream183 views-02:26
Blackberry Ice-Cream2.8K views-04:48
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make blackberry ice cream?Capture the fresh taste of summer blackberries in a no-fail ice cream recipe. Combine blackberries, sugar, and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor; process until mixture is pureed. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Can you freeze blackberries for ice cream?Use fresh or frozen blackberries in this homemade ice cream recipe to enjoy the taste of summer all year long! In a small bowl, mix the blackberries and sugar. Transfer the blackberries to a food processor. Add the vanilla and salt, and roughly chop the mixture to your desired consistency. (More finely chopped fruit will freeze more evenly.)
How do you make whipped cream with blackberries and sugar?Combine blackberries, sugar, and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor; process until mixture is pureed. Let sit for 10 minutes. Strain the seeds through a fine mesh sieve and return puree to the food processor. Add cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Pulse until mixture is whipped, about 30 seconds.
How do you cook blackberry puree with cream?Discard the solid blackberry seeds that remain. Cover the blackberry puree and chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Combine the whole milk, 1/2 cup of the heavy cream, sugar, salt and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins steaming and bubbling around the edges.