CINNAMON SUGAR PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS
Three ingredients are all you need to make these simple, yet delicious, Cinnamon Sugar Puff Pastry Pinwheels. When you want something sweet, but not overly sweet, these crisp little pinwheels are the answer. If you always keep some puff pastry in the freezer, as I strongly recommend, you will have them ready in a truly short time.
Provided by Alexandra
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (390 F).
- Remove the pastry from the freezer and defrost.Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix your sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Place your pastry on the baking tray, and top with the cinnamon sugar.
- Slowly start to roll the pastry from the end nearest you. Keep rolling forward, reasonably firmly, until you have come to the end of the roll.
- Cover in cling film and chill the pastry roll for about 30 minutes to make it easier to cut.
- Trim the ends with a serrated knife and discard. Slice each pinwheel approximately 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
- Place your pinwheels on the prepared baking tray.Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, or allow to chill completely before storing in a sealed container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103 kcal, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 44 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 2 g, UnsaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Enjoy these delicious pinwheels made with Bisquick® mix and filled with walnuts and currant - perfect when you want breakfast to be ready in 40 minutes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and 1/2 cup milk until soft dough forms. Place dough on surface generously sprinkled with Bisquick mix; roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Knead 5 times.
- Press or roll dough into 11x8-inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1 tablespoon softened butter. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and currants; sprinkle over top of dough; press in slightly. Starting with an 11-inch side, roll up dough tightly; seal edge. Cut into 3/4-inch slices. Place slices on cookie sheet. Brush slices with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix glaze ingredients, adding milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until glaze is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle glaze over warm pinwheels. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Pinwheel, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 1 g
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 36 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low; add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Remove half of the dough and wrap in plastic wrap. Add the cinnamon extract, cocoa powder and food coloring to the remaining dough and beat until incorporated; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate both pieces of dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- Dust the dough with flour and roll out each piece on parchment paper into a 10-by-11-inch rectangle. Flip the red dough on top of the plain dough; remove the top piece of parchment and trim the edges. Sprinkle the ground cinnamon and sanding sugar on top. Starting from a short end, tightly roll up the dough, using the parchment to help; roll the log in sanding sugar. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Slice the log crosswise 1/4 inch thick; arrange the slices about 1 1/2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake, switching the position of the pans halfway through, until slightly puffed and lightly golden on the bottom, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool.
- Brush the dough with melted butter, dust it generously with cinnamon sugar, then roll it up like a jelly roll and cut it into 1/2-inch slices. Put on a baking sheet cut side down. Bake the slices in a preheated 350°F oven until golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
CINNAMON RAISIN PINWHEELS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add milk all at once to dry ingredients and stir with a fork until a soft dough is formed. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll out to a 12 inch square.
- Gently spread butter over dough. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins. Sprinkle evenly on top of dough. Roll up dough lightly like a jelly-roll. Seal edge. Cut into twelve 1 inch thick pieces. Place in prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove from heat immediately. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 calories, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 15.2 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 363.2 mg, Sugar 14.4 g
CINNAMON-SOUR CREAM PINWHEELS
My grandmother would make these for holidays and special occasions. Since they are my favorite cookie, she brought me some at the hospital the day my son was born in lieu of flowers. It was very much appreciated and a tasty surprise.-Laura Berlinguette, Gatineau, Quebec
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and sour cream. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until easy to handle., In a small bowl, mix walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Brush with egg white; sprinkle each with half of the walnut mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight., Preheat oven to 350 °. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts :
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEEL COOKIES
- Allow cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter to soften, then blend together.
- Stir in egg yolk and flour, mix well.
- Cover bowl and chill 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough in half and roll very thin.
- Brush with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
- Combine cinnamon, sugar and nuts, sprinkle half this mixture over dough.
- Roll up like a jelly roll.
- Cut roll in 1/2 inch slices and place cut side down on ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat other half.
- Bake 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89.8, Fat 6.9, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 20.9, Sodium 65.3, Carbohydrate 6.3, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 2.4, Protein 1.1
More about "cinnamon sugar pinwheels recipes"
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEELS - CTV
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 4Total Time 15 mins
- Unroll sheet of puff pastry. Brush sheet with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Roll dough up tightly into a log, pressing the seam down to seal. Slice log into 2.5 centimeter pieces. Lay pieces flat on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
CINNAMON PINWHEELS RECIPE - MAKEBETTERFOOD.COM
CINNAMON PINWHEEL COOKIES MADE WITH LEFTOVER PIE CRUST
GLAZED CINNAMON PINWHEEL SCONES - THE BEST RECIPE!
3-INGREDIENT CINNAMON SUGAR PIE CRUST COOKIES
EASY AND SIMPLE CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEELS - REALLY, …
GUSTO TV - CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEELS
Servings 4Category Dessert
PINWHEEL SCONE RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
PIE CRUST PINWHEELS - COOKIES FROM CRUST TRIMMINGS
CINNAMON & SUGAR PINWHEELS RECIPE - KEEPRECIPES
CINNAMON PINWHEEL SCONES WITH VANILLA GLAZE - VJ COOKS
CINNAMON PINWHEEL BISCUITS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CINNAMON-SUGAR PINWHEELS RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEEL COOKIES - LYNN'S WAY OF LIFE
14 PINWHEEL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CINNAMON SUGAR PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS | RECIPE CART
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEEL COOKIES | IMPERIAL SUGAR
CINNAMON PINWHEEL COOKIES | BUTTER LOVES COMPANY
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEEL COOKIES | DIXIE CRYSTALS
CINNAMON PINWHEELS — UNWRITTEN RECIPES
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEELS - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
CINNAMON PINWHEELS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
CINNAMON APPLE PINWHEELS - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEELS - AMY LYNN'S KITCHEN - YOUTUBE
CINNAMON PINWHEEL COOKIES - FRESH APRIL FLOURS
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEELS RECIPE - AMY LYNN'S KITCHEN
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEEL COOKIES (WITH LEFTOVER PIE DOUGH)
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEEL COOKIES RECIPE | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN …
BROWN SUGAR PINWHEEL COOKIES - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
FLAKY CINNAMON PINWHEELS - BAREFOOT IN THE PINES
CINNAMON PINWHEELS | NEW ZEALAND WOMAN'S WEEKLY FOOD
CINNAMON PINWHEELS (EASY & QUICK) - LAZYHOMECOOK
CINNAMON SUGAR PINWHEELS | RECIPE | DESSERTS, PUFF PASTRY RECIPES ...
CINNAMON SUGAR CREAM CHEESE PINWHEELS - DRIZZLE ME SKINNY!
PIE CRUST PINWHEELS RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
PIE CRUST CINNAMON PINWHEELS | A RICH PASTRY COOKIE - OH!
PUFF PASTRY CINNAMON ROLLS [AIR FRYER OR OVEN] - COOK IT REAL GOOD
BROWN SUGAR PINWHEELS - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
You'll also love