CITRUS-BACON GREEN BEANS
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir green beans into melted butter. Add lemon juice and lime juice; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir bacon bits into green beans and simmer until beans are heated through and flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.1 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 10.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 1044.7 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
CITRUS GREEN BEANS
The great citrus flavor in this side dish really perks up green beans. Try using lemon peel, or a combination of orange and lemon, too.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender., Transfer beans to a small bowl. Add the oil, zest, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 41mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GREEN BEAN-CITRUS SALAD WITH ALMONDS
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and blot dry with paper towels. (You can refrigerate the green beans, covered, for up to 4 hours.)
- Whisk the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, mustard and honey in a large bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly, until the dressing is emulsified. Add the green beans, orange and grapefruit segments, cilantro, red onion and jalapeno; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with the almonds.
GREEN BEANS WITH CITRUS MUSTARD
Mustard offers so many ways to zest up low-sodium and low-fat dishes that it's no wonder it is a popular seasoning. In addition to using it with fish, poultry, cooked vegetables and raw salads, it perks up grains and legumes, too. Points 0.
Provided by Dancer
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Steam beans 5 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
- While beans cook, in a large mixing bowl, use a fork to combine mustard, lime juice and salt, mixing until creamy.
- Mix in mint, lemon zest and shallots.
- Drain cooked beans and add to the mustard mixture, stirring to coat them.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
- This dish can be refrigerated for 24 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Frozen whole green beans may be used, although they will be less crisp than fresh ones.
- For frozen beans, reduce cooking time to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 28.1, Fat 0.1, Sodium 296.4, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 3, Sugar 1.2, Protein 1.6
CITRUSY HARICOTS VERTS
It doesn't take much to make slender, tender green beans memorable-lemon zest and orange zest warmed in olive oil provide sensational sparkle.
Provided by Lillian Chou
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook haricots verts in salted boiling water until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Heat zests in oil with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add haricots verts and cook, tossing, until heated through. Add lemon and orange juices and toss to coat.
- Do Ahead
- Haricots verts, without zests, oil, and juices, can be cooked 1 day ahead and chilled.
More about "citrus green beans recipes"
RECIPE: CITRUSY GREEN BEANS | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 8-10Calories 80 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice, walnut oil, olive oil, shallot, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove with a slotted spoon (shake off any excess water) and transfer to the bowl with the dressing.
CITRUSY GREEN BEANS | RECIPE - KOSHER
Servings 10Category Sides
CITRUS GREEN BEANS WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (12)Total Time 22 minsServings 4Calories 86 per serving
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add green beans; stir well. Add rind, juice, pepper, and salt; sauté 2 minutes. Spoon onto a platter; sprinkle with nuts.
CITRUS GREEN BEANS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CITRUS GREEN BEANS WITH PINE NUTS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CITRUS-ROSEMARY GREEN BEANS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GREEN BEANS WITH CITRUS BUTTER - MIDWEST LIVING
GREEN BEANS AND ALMONDS - JESSICA GAVIN
SOUTHWEST CITRUS GREEN BEANS - PERO FAMILY FARMS
GRILLED GREEN BEANS WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - CRISCO
BALSAMIC CITRUS GREEN BEANS - LEMON TREE DWELLING
15 FRESH GREEN BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CITRUS GREEN BEANS RECIPE
GREEN BEANS WITH CITRUS AND PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GREEN BEANS WITH CITRUS AND ALMONDS - GRATEFUL
CITRUS FINE GREEN BEANS | RECIPE
FLORIDA ORANGE JUICE GREEN BEANS
CITRUS SPICED GREEN BEANS AND CARROTS - HEALTHY SCHOOL RECIPES
33 HEALTHY GREEN BEAN RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
CHARRED HONEY CITRUS GREEN BEANS WITH LEMON JUICE, ZEST …
CITRUS GREEN BEAN SALAD | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SPICY CITRUS GREEN BEANS – SCREW IT
CITRUS GREEN BEANS WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE
GREEN BEANS WITH CITRUS BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
OVEN-ROASTED TROUT WITH CITRUS GREEN BEANS | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
CITRUS GREEN BEANS WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE | RECIPE | GREEN BEAN …
26 BEST GREEN BEAN RECIPES | GREEN BEAN SIDE DISH IDEAS | RECIPES ...
GREEN BEANS RECIPE, GREEN BEANS WITH CRANBERRIES - NATASHA'S …
SAUTéED CITRUS & GARLIC GREEN BEANS - O OLIVE OIL
VEGAN GREEN BEANS WITH A CITRUS GLAZE - KEEPING THE PEAS
CITRUS GREEN BEAN SALAD - RECIPES LIST
RECIPE: CITRUS GREEN BEANS WITH PINE NUTS (USING ORANGE AND …
ROASTED CITRUS GREEN BEANS - WHO HAS THE THYME
CRANBERRY CITRUS GREEN BEANS - SCHWAN'S
CITRUS GREEN BEANS - BELLA NONNAS OLIVE OIL AND VINEGAR
CITRUS GREEN BEANS WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SZECHUAN CITRUS GREEN BEANS [VEGAN, GRAIN-FREE]
GREEN BEANS WITH CITRUS BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE - NEW RECIPES - 2022
WHITEFISH & CITRUS GREEN BEANS - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
GREEN BEANS WITH MELON AND CITRUS FRUITS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CITRUS GREEN BEANS RECIPE | RECIPE | BEAN RECIPES, GREEN BEAN …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook green beans?Fresh green beans get extra heartiness from new potatoes, and extra flavor from bacon, onion, and white balsamic vinegar. Fresh green beans are steamed and then canned with a clove of garlic and sprigs of fresh dill.
What goes well with green beans?Pancetta and garlic sautéed with French green beans create a savory side that pairs well with chicken or fish. Move over plain green beans for this delicious side serving. The kalamata olives give these beans its saltiness, toasted almonds a bit of crunch, and a touch of citrus thanks to lemon rind. Add color and crunch to your meal.
Do you have to Peel Green beans for green beans?Green beans, a holiday staple, are only improved with the addition of tender red and golden potatoes. Only peeling a single strip from the spuds makes for a great presentation and also helps them release more starch. This will become your new favorite way to do green beans.
What do green beans taste like?Not only high in nutritional value but also great in texture and taste, green beans are as ubiquitous to the American table as mashed potatoes or broccoli. Whether steamed, fried, or used in a hearty casserole, these versatile veggies are delicious and easy to incorporate into your healthy diet.