MARK BITTMAN'S PASTA WITH CLAMS
Here is a simple, elegant take on pasta with clam sauce that serves as a beautiful, light dinner with salad, perfect in advance of a movie night or reading session on the couch with family or friends. The key to its success is using less pasta that you generally might, which helps place the focus of the dish squarely on the meaty clams.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Steam the clams in a covered pot (a glass top is very nice, voyeuristically speaking). You don't need any liquid other than what the clams will release. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- After the clams open - it could take as little as 10 minutes - uncover and cool. Take the meat out and strain and reserve the liquid; make sure to leave any sand behind. Chop the clams if they're big.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling salted water. Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. When the oil is warm, add the red pepper flakes and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the clams and continue to cook, stirring, for about a minute. Add about 1/2 cup of the reserved clam liquid.
- Drain the pasta when it's nearly done and stir it into the clams. Cook, stirring, until the pasta is tender and the mixture is saucy. Add more clam-cooking liquid (or hot water or white wine), if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a little more oil if you like. Garnish, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 551, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 69 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 30 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 790 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
QUICK CLAM SPAGHETTI
A very quick and easy crowd pleaser! Spaghetti tossed with clams, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan. The kids will love it, adults too! I like to serve with a crisp white wine, a tossed green salad, and garlic bread.
Provided by KITTY1960
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the garlic 1 minute, until tender. Mix in the clams and juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti with the sauteed clams, chopped parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.6 calories, Carbohydrate 44.5 g, Cholesterol 35.3 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 21.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 147.5 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; salt generously. Add spaghetti, and cook until slightly underdone, about 7 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chile pepper; cook until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add clams and white wine, and raise heat to high. Bring to a boil; cover, and cook, shaking occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until clams open. Stir in parsley. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add reserved pasta water and lemon juice; reduce until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in butter. Add clam mixture and spaghetti. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with parsley.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine olive oil, butter, garlic, tomatoes and parsley; simmer and let reduce. Add some clam juice if the sauce reduces too much.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 3 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Add clams to the skillet and heat through; top with cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 755.3 calories, Carbohydrate 67.5 g, Cholesterol 93.6 mg, Fat 40.6 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 33.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.1 g, Sodium 401.2 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta, stirring constantly in the beginning to prevent it from sticking together. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. When almost smoking, add shallots and garlic and saute until soft and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the clams and wine. Cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until most clams have opened.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Whisk in butter to thicken sauce slightly.
- Drain pasta in a colander. Do not rinse pasta with water - this will remove the pasta's natural starches. Place pasta into the clam saute pan and mix thoroughly. Check seasoning.
- Pour pasta into large serving bowl. Zest lemon over the dish, being carefull not to zest the white part of the lemon, which is bitter. Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
SPAGHETTI AND CLAMS
A simple, tasty, and relatively light pasta dish that can be whipped up in no time for a delicious weeknight meal or even for company. Goes great with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, green salad, and good crusty bread!
Provided by Cindy
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add clams, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, or until clams are lightly browned. Stir in parsley, olive oil, and reserved clam juice mixed with enough water to equal 2 cups liquid.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558.2 calories, Carbohydrate 34.2 g, Cholesterol 126.1 mg, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 42.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 539.9 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
More about "clam pasta recipes"
SPAGHETTI VONGOLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER PASTA RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory MainsCalories 760 per serving
- Put a pan of water on to boil. While that’s happening, sort through your cleaned clams and if there are any that aren’t tightly closed, give them a sharp tap.
- Peel and chop the garlic, quarter the tomatoes and get your wine ready.Add the pasta to the boiling water with a good pinch of salt and cook according to packet instructions until al dente.
BUTTERY MUSHROOM AND CLAM PASTA. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
4.4/5 (51)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 417 per serving See details »
WEEKNIGHT SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS - MOM'S KITCHEN HANDBOOK
4.9/5 (7)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 454 per serving See details »
CLAM RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
CLAM PASTA WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE
4.1/5 (32)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Entree, PastaCalories 662 per serving See details »
RESTAURANT-STYLE LINGUINE WITH CLAMS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 627 per serving See details »
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.5/5 (87)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Comfort FoodCalories 329 per serving See details »
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC RECIPE - FRANK FALCINELLI ...
5/5 Total Time 20 minsServings 6
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the clams and water, cover and simmer until the clams open and are just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Discard any clams that don't open.
- Add the spaghetti and the chopped parsley to the clams in the skillet and season with pepper. Toss over moderately high heat just until the spaghetti absorbs some of the juices, about 1 minute. Transfer the spaghetti and clams to shallow bowls and serve right away.
EASY CANNED CLAM PASTA - POSH JOURNAL
5/5 (7)Category Main CourseCuisine American, ItalianCalories 464 per serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic just until translucent and soft for 1-2 minutes. Keep stirring and careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add clam juice, chicken broth, and white wine. Cook until the sauce on medium-high heat until the sauce is reduced, enough to fully submerge the cooked pasta. Season with salt, black pepper, or chili pepper flakes if needed.
- Add butter, basil, clam meat, pasta, and pasta water to the skillet. Stir just until the clam is warm throughout. Turn off the heat immediately so you don't overcook the clam meat. Serve with chopped parsley.
CLAM PASTA (SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE) ボンゴレ • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
4/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 646 per serving
- De-grit clams following this tutorial. Start this process 4 hours prior to cooking (or at least 1.5 hours before).
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, stirring occasionally, to prevent it from sticking together. Cook until al dente. Drain pasta into a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. When it’s hot, add garlic and red chili pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and sauté until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
20 CLAM RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (2)Published 2021-06-22Category Recipe Roundup
- New England Clam Chowder. This is the first of many clam chowder entries on this list. There are several types of clam chowder, with New England being one of the best.
- Spaghetti with Clams. There’s always room for seafood pasta in my belly. Unlike pasta sauces that are ultra-rich and creamy, this one’s light yet scrumptious.
- Clam Dip. Cream cheese and clams together in one dip? I had no idea they worked together so well! This dip is creamy, briny, and garlicky with a bit of tang from lemon juice.
- Mediterranean-Style Steamed Clams Recipe. Steamed clams – kinda sounds a bit too basic, but wait until you hear what goes in the broth it’s steamed in.
- Garlic Butter Steamed Clams. Here’s another steamed recipe that’s also simple, yet bursting with flavor. This time, the clams are cooked in garlic, butter, lemon, and fresh herbs.
- White Clam Pizza. Garlic and clams star this highly addictive pizza! I can never limit myself to just one slice. New Haven-style pizza is rich and creamy, and doesn’t contain tomato sauce.
- Cape Cod Clam Chowder. Say hello to clam chowder number twp! Cape Cod clam chowder makes use of large, hard-shell clams called quahog s. This chowder is just as creamy, but thinner than usual.
- Caesar. To be completely honest, I personally am not a fan of this cocktail. But some people love this recipe, including my own dad! A mixture of Clamato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, horseradish, and celery, this cocktail is savory with a bit of a kick.
- Linguine with Red Clam Sauce. Picture your favorite pasta marinara, and then multiply the flavor by 10. That’s what you can expect from this recipe. The classic Italian treat is given a delicious seafood makeover!
- Clam Stuffed Mushrooms. Stuffed mushrooms always make me happy. Just by looking at it, you can tell it’s amazing! These earthy, meaty, and cheesy appetizers are impossible to resist.
PASTA WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Servings 4-6
- Drain clams, and reserve juice. Cook reserved clam juice in a small skillet over medium heat 15 minutes or until reduced by half; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add garlic, and cook until golden. Add reduced clam juice and parsley; cook 2 minutes or until parsley is tender. Stir in clams, wine, and basil, and cook 5 minutes or until wine has reduced by half. Add pasta and black pepper, tossing well to coat. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
CLAMS WITH PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Saute garlic in hot oil in a large skillet until tender. Add clam juice and clams. Bring to a boil; cook, covered, 3 to 4 minutes or until shells open. Remove clams with a slotted spoon. Discard unopened shells. Stir in whipping cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add pasta, clams, and parsley, and toss gently. Serve immediately.
LINGUINE WITH CLAMS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
Servings 1 See details »
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main CourseServings 4 See details »
SPICY CLAM PASTA - RASA MALAYSIA
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Italian RecipesCalories 608 per serving See details »
LINGUINE WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - NYT COOKING - VIEW ...
See details »
CLAM PASTA RECIPES RED SAUCE | DEPORECIPE.CO
See details »
ROASTED EGGPLANT & GARLIC BLACK CLAM PASTA – ALYSSA'S ...
See details »
CLAM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - LOSTMEALS.ORG
See details »
SPICY AND CREAMY CLAM AND KELP PAPPARDELLE
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #appetizers #main-dish #pasta #seafood #easy #european #dinner-party #romantic #summer #italian #dietary #one-dish-meal #seasonal #pasta-rice-and-grains #spaghetti #shellfish #clams #taste-mood #savory #number-of-servings #presentation #served-hot #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pasta with clam sauce?Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add garlic, and cook until golden. Add reduced clam juice and parsley; cook 2 minutes or until parsley is tender. Stir in clams, wine, and basil, and cook 5 minutes or until wine has reduced by half. Add pasta and black pepper, tossing well to coat. Garnish, if desired.
How long do you cook spaghetti and clams?Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
How to make Giada De Laurentiis spaghetti with clams?Directions 1 In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta, stirring constantly in the beginning to prevent it from sticking together. ... 2 Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. ... 3 Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. ... 4 Drain pasta in a colander. ... 5 Pour pasta into large serving bowl. ...
What's the most famous clam recipe in Italy?The most famous clam recipe from Italy is spaghetti alle vongole, a simple combination of pasta, clams, white wine and garlic. But there are countless ways of preparing them and including their meat in dishes.