SPAGHETTI WITH WHITE CLAM SAUCE
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, brown garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Stir in butter or margarine and seasonings until butter or margarine is melted. Add clams with some of their liquid; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Toss spaghetti with clam sauce, and top with grated Romano cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 866.8 calories, Carbohydrate 90.7 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Fat 37.3 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 39.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 198.2 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
QUICK CLAM SPAGHETTI
A very quick and easy crowd pleaser! Spaghetti tossed with clams, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan. The kids will love it, adults too! I like to serve with a crisp white wine, a tossed green salad, and garlic bread.
Provided by KITTY1960
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the garlic 1 minute, until tender. Mix in the clams and juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti with the sauteed clams, chopped parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.6 calories, Carbohydrate 44.5 g, Cholesterol 35.3 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 21.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 147.5 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine olive oil, butter, garlic, tomatoes and parsley; simmer and let reduce. Add some clam juice if the sauce reduces too much.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 3 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Add clams to the skillet and heat through; top with cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 755.3 calories, Carbohydrate 67.5 g, Cholesterol 93.6 mg, Fat 40.6 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 33.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.1 g, Sodium 401.2 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
MARK BITTMAN'S PASTA WITH CLAMS
Here is a simple, elegant take on pasta with clam sauce that serves as a beautiful, light dinner with salad, perfect in advance of a movie night or reading session on the couch with family or friends. The key to its success is using less pasta that you generally might, which helps place the focus of the dish squarely on the meaty clams.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Steam the clams in a covered pot (a glass top is very nice, voyeuristically speaking). You don't need any liquid other than what the clams will release. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- After the clams open - it could take as little as 10 minutes - uncover and cool. Take the meat out and strain and reserve the liquid; make sure to leave any sand behind. Chop the clams if they're big.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling salted water. Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. When the oil is warm, add the red pepper flakes and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the clams and continue to cook, stirring, for about a minute. Add about 1/2 cup of the reserved clam liquid.
- Drain the pasta when it's nearly done and stir it into the clams. Cook, stirring, until the pasta is tender and the mixture is saucy. Add more clam-cooking liquid (or hot water or white wine), if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a little more oil if you like. Garnish, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 551, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 69 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 30 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 790 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SPAGHETTI AND CLAMS
A simple, tasty, and relatively light pasta dish that can be whipped up in no time for a delicious weeknight meal or even for company. Goes great with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, green salad, and good crusty bread!
Provided by Cindy
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add clams, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, or until clams are lightly browned. Stir in parsley, olive oil, and reserved clam juice mixed with enough water to equal 2 cups liquid.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558.2 calories, Carbohydrate 34.2 g, Cholesterol 126.1 mg, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 42.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 539.9 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta, stirring constantly in the beginning to prevent it from sticking together. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. When almost smoking, add shallots and garlic and saute until soft and translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the clams and wine. Cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until most clams have opened.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Whisk in butter to thicken sauce slightly.
- Drain pasta in a colander. Do not rinse pasta with water - this will remove the pasta's natural starches. Place pasta into the clam saute pan and mix thoroughly. Check seasoning.
- Pour pasta into large serving bowl. Zest lemon over the dish, being carefull not to zest the white part of the lemon, which is bitter. Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
PASTA WITH CLAMS AND MUSSELS MARINIERE
- In a large stock pot, bring salted water to a boil. Debeard mussels. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, over high heat, combine the butter and olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until translucent. Do not brown. Add the chili flakes and stir to combine.
- Add the reserved mussels, clams, tarragon, thyme, and rosemary and continue to saute until herbs begin to turn fragrant. Deglaze with white wine and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and continue to cook over high heat until the shellfish have opened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add a couple tablespoons of salt and a drizzle of olive oil to the boiling water. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain. Remove cover from saucepan containing the shellfish and discard the sprig of rosemary. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Add the cooked pasta, chopped parsley and tarragon, and Parmesan. Toss with sauce and shellfish until well blended. Serve immediately.
SPAGHETTI WITH CANNED CLAMS
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs, granulated garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toast the breadcrumbs, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and season generously with salt. Add the spaghetti and cook to al dente, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan or skillet, add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil along with the garlic and red pepper flakes. Turn the heat on low and let cook until fragrant, for a few minutes. Stir in the wine and cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the clams, then turn up the heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Use tongs to take the pasta out of the water directly into the pan (this works best when the pasta is a couple minutes away from being done; you want it really al dente so it finishes cooking in the sauce). Use tongs to toss. If dry, add a little pasta water. Add the parsley. Toss until coated in the sauce and the pasta is tender. Serve with the toasted breadcrumbs sprinkled on top.
More about "clam pasta recipes"
SPAGHETTI VONGOLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER PASTA RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory MainsCalories 760 per serving
- Put a pan of water on to boil. While that’s happening, sort through your cleaned clams and if there are any that aren’t tightly closed, give them a sharp tap.
- Peel and chop the garlic, quarter the tomatoes and get your wine ready.Add the pasta to the boiling water with a good pinch of salt and cook according to packet instructions until al dente.
WEEKNIGHT SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS - MOM'S KITCHEN HANDBOOK
4.9/5 (7)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 454 per serving
- Get a big pot of generously salted water going on the stove to cook your pasta. When the water boils, cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter melts, drop the heat to medium-low and add the garlic. Saute the garlic until it softens and releases its aroma, about 2 minutes. Do your best to avoid browning the garlic, since that will make it bitter.
- While your garlic is cooking, open the cans of clams and drain off all but 1/2 cup of the clam juice. Set aside. Once the garlic is tender and aromatic, add the clams to the pan and sauté until they soak up the flavors, about 2 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the skillet along with the 1/2 cup clam juice, parsley, lemon zest, lemon, salt, a light shower of black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook it for a final 2 minutes or so, coating the pasta with the sauce (I like to use tongs to turn the pasta in the pan).
RESTAURANT-STYLE LINGUINE WITH CLAMS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
5/5 (114)Category DinnerCuisine ItalianTotal Time 30 mins
- In large pot over high heat, bring 4 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of kosher salt to a boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the package directions until just shy of al dente (the pasta should still be firm to the bite since it will cook another minute or two in the sauce).
- Meanwhile, in a very large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until just golden, about 30 seconds. Add the wine, red pepper flakes, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, clams, and 1/4 cup of the parsley; bring to a simmer and cook, covered, until the clams open, 6 to 8 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the linguine in a colander (do not rinse). Add the pasta to the sauté pan with the clams. (If you don't have room for everything in one pan, transfer the clams to a plate and cover to keep warm. When ready to serve, add them back to the pasta on a serving platter). Increase the heat to medium and cook the linguini with the clams, tossing occasionally, until the pasta absorbs most of the sauce and is just tender, 1 to 2 minutes. If necessary, add some of reserved cooking water to keep moist. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley; toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt, lemon zest and/or lemon juice, if necessary. Transfer to a serving dish or bowls and serve.
- Note: When cooking with wine, select a bottle that is inexpensive (under $10) but still good enough to drink. Avoid "cooking wines," which are salty and include additives.
SHRIMP AND CLAM PASTA - RECIPES | THE RECIPES HOME
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 638 per serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the pasta instructions and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, Add the olive oil and butter to a wide skillet (with lid) over medium heat. Once the butter has melted. Add the garlic .
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes or until almost cooked through. add the dry white wine salt and black pepper,
- When the sauce is done, add the clams and cover with a lid. Allow them to steam for 4 to 5 minutes. After 4 to 5 minutes, the clams should have opened, if one or two have not, remove from the pan and discard.
CLAM PASTA WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
CLAM RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
CLAM PASTA - RECIPES | THE RECIPES HOME
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins See details »
BUTTERY MUSHROOM AND CLAM PASTA. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
4.4/5 (50)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 417 per serving See details »
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
See details »
CLAM PASTA (SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE) ボンゴレ • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
4/5 (7)Category Main CourseCuisine Italian, JapaneseTotal Time 4 hrs 25 mins
- De-grit clams following this tutorial. Start this process 4 hours prior to cooking (or at least 1.5 hours before).
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, stirring occasionally, to prevent it from sticking together. Cook until al dente. Drain pasta into a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. When it’s hot, add garlic and red chili pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and sauté until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
EASY CANNED CLAM PASTA | POSH JOURNAL
5/5 (7)Category Main CourseCuisine American, ItalianCalories 464 per serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic just until translucent and soft for 1-2 minutes. Keep stirring and careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add clam juice, chicken broth, and white wine. Cook until the sauce on medium-high heat until the sauce is reduced, enough to fully submerge the cooked pasta. Season with salt, black pepper, or chili pepper flakes if needed.
- Add butter, basil, clam meat, pasta, and pasta water to the skillet. Stir just until the clam is warm throughout. Turn off the heat immediately so you don't overcook the clam meat. Serve with chopped parsley.
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC RECIPE - FRANK FALCINELLI ...
5/5 (791)Total Time 20 minsServings 6
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the clams and water, cover and simmer until the clams open and are just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Discard any clams that don't open.
- Add the spaghetti and the chopped parsley to the clams in the skillet and season with pepper. Toss over moderately high heat just until the spaghetti absorbs some of the juices, about 1 minute. Transfer the spaghetti and clams to shallow bowls and serve right away.
CLAM PASTA (PASTA ALLE VONGOLE) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
5/5 (11)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 724 per serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. When hot, add the pancetta and shallots. Saute for 1-2 minutes, then add the garlic and rosemary. Saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the clams, wine, red pepper, and lemon zest to the skillet. Salt and pepper; then cover. Drop the pasta in the boiling water.
- Cook the clams for 7-8 minutes, until they are mostly open. Cook the pasta for 6-8 minutes until “al dente.”
- Add the cream to the clam sauce and stir. Then strain the pasta and add it straight to the clam sauce. (Make sure to reserve a little pasta water.) Stir the pasta and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss. If the sauce is thicker than desired add a little pasta water. Throw out any clams that didn’t open.
SPAGHETTI WITH CANNED CLAMS RECIPE - READY IN 15 MINUTES ...
4.4/5 (63)Category Pizza & PastaCuisine Italian-AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil (use about one tablespoon of salt per two quarts of water—it should taste as salty as seawater). Add in the spaghetti and cook until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the time listed on the package). Reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water and set aside, then drain the pasta. Do not rinse.
- While the spaghetti cooks, heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes, and sauté until just fragrant and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the liquid from the two cans of clams and the wine or chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the mixture reduces down and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add in the zest and juice from a lemon, the butter, and the chopped clams. Add in the hot, drained pasta, and toss to combine. Add in the pasta cooking water, a couple of tablespoons at a time, if the mixture feels dry.
SPICY CLAM PASTA - RASA MALAYSIA
5/5 (2)Category Italian RecipesCuisine PastaTotal Time 20 mins
- Soak the clams in cold water. Scrub the shells with a brush. Rinse with cold water, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a pot of water and bring it to boil. Cook the linguine until al dente, per the package instructions. Drain the linguine and set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat up a skillet on high heat and add the butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and saute until they turn slightly brown. Add the red pepper flakes, stir a few times before adding the clams. Toss the clams around a few times. Add the white wine, salt and black pepper. Cover the skillet with its cover and cook the clams for about 1-2 minutes, or until the shells are all open.
- Add the linguine and pasta water into the skillet. Stir to combine well. Add the parsley, mix well. Turn off heat and serve immediately. Squeeze some lemon juice on the pasta before serving.
LINGUINE WITH CLAMS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
Servings 1 See details »
LINGUINE WITH CLAM SAUCE | EASY PASTA RECIPE | MANTITLEMENT
See details »
CLAM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
JAMES RIVER STYLE PASTA WITH CLAMS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
See details »
CLAM SPAGHETTI RECIPE EASY | DEPORECIPE.CO
See details »
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion for-1-or-2 appetizers main-dish pasta seafood easy european dinner-party romantic summer italian dietary one-dish-meal seasonal pasta-rice-and-grains spaghetti shellfish clams taste-mood savory number-of-servings presentation served-hot 3-steps-or-less
You'll also love