MARK BITTMAN'S PASTA WITH CLAMS
Here is a simple, elegant take on pasta with clam sauce that serves as a beautiful, light dinner with salad, perfect in advance of a movie night or reading session on the couch with family or friends. The key to its success is using less pasta that you generally might, which helps place the focus of the dish squarely on the meaty clams.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Steam the clams in a covered pot (a glass top is very nice, voyeuristically speaking). You don't need any liquid other than what the clams will release. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- After the clams open - it could take as little as 10 minutes - uncover and cool. Take the meat out and strain and reserve the liquid; make sure to leave any sand behind. Chop the clams if they're big.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling salted water. Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. When the oil is warm, add the red pepper flakes and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the clams and continue to cook, stirring, for about a minute. Add about 1/2 cup of the reserved clam liquid.
- Drain the pasta when it's nearly done and stir it into the clams. Cook, stirring, until the pasta is tender and the mixture is saucy. Add more clam-cooking liquid (or hot water or white wine), if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a little more oil if you like. Garnish, and serve.
SPAGHETTI AND CLAMS
A simple, tasty, and relatively light pasta dish that can be whipped up in no time for a delicious weeknight meal or even for company. Goes great with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, green salad, and good crusty bread!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Cindy
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add clams, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, or until clams are lightly browned. Stir in parsley, olive oil, and reserved clam juice mixed with enough water to equal 2 cups liquid.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
LINGUINI WITH CLAM SAUCE
Nothing beats fresh clam sauce, unless you're hungry and have only your pantry to work with. This version of a favorite is made entirely out of the kitchen cupboard, with the exception of flat leaf parsley, which I most always have on hand.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and the linguini and cook to an extra chewy al dente, 7 minutes or so. The linguini will continue to cook in sauce, later. To a large skillet heated over medium heat, add oil, anchovies, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook together until anchovies melt into oil and break up completely. Add wine to the pan and give the pan a shake. Add clams and their juice. Drain pasta and add it to the clam sauce. Toss and coat the pasta in sauce with clams until the pasta absorbs the flavor and juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt, add parsley and serve.
SPAGHETTI WITH WHITE CLAM SAUCE
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, brown garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Stir in butter or margarine and seasonings until butter or margarine is melted. Add clams with some of their liquid; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Toss spaghetti with clam sauce, and top with grated Romano cheese.
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion for-1-or-2 appetizers main-dish pasta seafood easy european dinner-party romantic summer italian dietary one-dish-meal seasonal pasta-rice-and-grains spaghetti shellfish clams taste-mood savory number-of-servings presentation served-hot 3-steps-or-less
People also searched
More recipes about "clam pasta"
WEEKNIGHT SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS - MOM'S KITCHEN HANDBOOK
2020-04-21 · Get a big pot of generously salted water going on the stove to cook your pasta. When the water boils, cook the spaghetti until al dente. While the pasta is …
- Get a big pot of generously salted water going on the stove to cook your pasta. When the water boils, cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter melts, drop the heat to medium-low and add the garlic. Saute the garlic until it softens and releases its aroma, about 2 minutes. Do your best to avoid browning the garlic, since that will make it bitter.
- While your garlic is cooking, open the cans of clams and drain off all but 1/2 cup of the clam juice. Set aside. Once the garlic is tender and aromatic, add the clams to the pan and sauté until they soak up the flavors, about 2 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the skillet along with the 1/2 cup clam juice, parsley, lemon zest, lemon, salt, a light shower of black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook it for a final 2 minutes or so, coating the pasta with the sauce (I like to use tongs to turn the pasta in the pan).
CLAM PASTA WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE
Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta according to packet instructions. In the pot with the sauce, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the clams to the pot. Cover with …
SPAGHETTI VONGOLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER PASTA RECIPES
2015-09-16 · Put a large pan with a lid on a high heat and let it heat up. Finely slice the parsley stalks, then put them to one side and roughly chop the leaves. Peel and chop …
CLAM RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
This collection of clam recipes comes from some of Italy's finest chefs. The most famous clam recipe from Italy is spaghetti alle vongole, a simple combination of pasta, clams, …
RESTAURANT-STYLE LINGUINE WITH CLAMS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
2019-03-27 · Add the wine, red pepper flakes, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, clams, and 1/4 cup of the parsley; bring to a simmer and cook, covered, until the clams open, 6 to 8 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the linguine in a colander (do not rinse). Add the pasta to the sauté pan with the clams.
BUTTERY MUSHROOM AND CLAM PASTA. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
2018-06-04 · Add the reserved pasta cooking water, the wine and the balsamic vinegar. Stir in the clams. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cover the pot with …
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
2021-07-11 · The recipe uses canned minced clams, the clam juice in the cans, some olive oil, white wine, lemon zest, parsley, and plenty of garlic to make the sauce. You prep the ingredients while the water for the pasta is coming to a boil, and you make the sauce while the spaghetti …
See details ››
CLAM PASTA RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
Add pasta water as necessary to keep the clam sauce loose; you want it moist enough to coat the pasta—a ragù. Cook the rigatoni until it is al dente (usually 10 to 12 minutes). If you are using steamed, chopped clams add them now. Using a slotted spoon, lift the pasta …
See details ››
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC RECIPE - FRANK FALCINELLI ...
2013-12-07 · In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just al dente, then drain the pasta well. Step 2 Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and...
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the clams and water, cover and simmer until the clams open and are just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Discard any clams that don't open.
- Add the spaghetti and the chopped parsley to the clams in the skillet and season with pepper. Toss over moderately high heat just until the spaghetti absorbs some of the juices, about 1 minute. Transfer the spaghetti and clams to shallow bowls and serve right away.
EASY CANNED CLAM PASTA | POSH JOURNAL
2021-01-09 · Cook until the sauce on medium-high heat until the sauce is reduced, enough to fully submerge the cooked pasta. Season with salt, black pepper, or chili pepper flakes if needed. Add butter, basil, clam meat, pasta, and pasta water to the skillet. Stir just until the clam …
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic just until translucent and soft for 1-2 minutes. Keep stirring and careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add clam juice, chicken broth, and white wine. Cook until the sauce on medium-high heat until the sauce is reduced, enough to fully submerge the cooked pasta. Season with salt, black pepper, or chili pepper flakes if needed.
- Add butter, basil, clam meat, pasta, and pasta water to the skillet. Stir just until the clam is warm throughout. Turn off the heat immediately so you don't overcook the clam meat. Serve with chopped parsley.
EASY LINGUINE AND CLAMS RECIPE - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
2019-04-12 · Instructions. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and then add in the linguine. Cook according to package instructions, remove strain and set aside. In the same pot add 4 tbsp of butter and the minced garlic, saute 1 minute before adding in the fresh spices then dry ones. Saute one more minute before adding in the canned clams …
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and then add in the linguine. Cook according to package instructions, remove strain and set aside.
- In the same pot add 4 tbsp of butter and the minced garlic, saute 1 minute before adding in the fresh spices then dry ones.
- Saute one more minute before adding in the canned clams (juice) simmer 5 minutes before adding in the white wine.
SPAGHETTI WITH CANNED CLAMS RECIPE - READY IN 15 MINUTES ...
2020-06-22 · Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water. While the spaghetti cooks, make the clam sauce by sautéing garlic and red pepper flakes in oil. Then add in the liquid from the canned …
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil (use about one tablespoon of salt per two quarts of water—it should taste as salty as seawater). Add in the spaghetti and cook until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the time listed on the package). Reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water and set aside, then drain the pasta. Do not rinse.
- While the spaghetti cooks, heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes, and sauté until just fragrant and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the liquid from the two cans of clams and the wine or chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the mixture reduces down and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add in the zest and juice from a lemon, the butter, and the chopped clams. Add in the hot, drained pasta, and toss to combine. Add in the pasta cooking water, a couple of tablespoons at a time, if the mixture feels dry.
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD ...
16 OF OUR FAVORITE CLAM RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
2019-11-15 · Whether you're craving a steaming bowl of chowder or a hearty dish of pasta, these clam recipes are sure to satisfy. 1 / 16. Traditional New England Clam Chowder I left a cruise ship with a great souvenir...the recipe for this splendid chowder! It's a traditional soup that stands the test of time. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario . Go to Recipe. 2 / 16. Taste of Home. Linguine with Herbed ...
CLAM PASTA (SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE) ボンゴレ • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
2017-01-19 · Transfer the clams to a plate. Taste the sauce and season with pepper and salt (clams are already salty so you probably don't need to add too much salt). Add the pasta and toss until pasta is coated with the sauce. Remove from the heat and place pasta on a serving plate and put clams on top.
SPICY CLAM PASTA - RASA MALAYSIA
2020-08-11 · Toss the clams around a few times. Add the white wine, salt and black pepper. Cover the skillet with its cover and cook the clams for about 1-2 minutes, or until the shells are all open. Add the linguine and pasta water into the skillet.
LINGUINE WITH CLAMS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
Method Put the clams to soak in a bowl of cold water while you heat the water for the pasta. When the water comes to the boil, add salt and then the linguine. Cook the linguine until nearly but not quite ready: you’re going to give them a fractional amount more cooking with the clams and their winey juices.
PASTA WITH WHITE CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Add the minced clams with the liquid and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the liquid reduces by about half. Add the parsley, salt, and pepper, and toss gently. Remove about 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain the pasta …
See details ››
RECIPE OF FAVORITE HAMAGURI CLAM PASTA - AMERICA FERRERA
2021-07-23 · We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hamaguri clam pasta recipe. To make hamaguri clam pasta you only need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The ingredients needed to make Hamaguri Clam Pasta: Use 8 large of Fresh hamaguri clams. You need 1 small of pack Shimeji mushrooms. You need 1 of clove, minced Garlic. You need 2 of Red chili …
See details ››
PASTA WITH CLAMS
Here is a simple, elegant take on pasta with clam sauce that serves as a beautiful, light dinner with salad, perfect in advance of a movie night or reading session on the couch with family or friends. The key to its success is using less pasta that you generally might, which helps place the focus of the dish squarely on the meaty clams. Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com. Provided by Mark Bittman ...
See details ››
PASTA WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Advertisement. Step 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain. Step 3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add garlic, and cook until golden. Add reduced clam juice and parsley; cook 2 minutes or until parsley is tender. Stir in clams, wine, and basil, and cook 5 minutes or until wine has reduced by half ...
See details ››
CLAM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
My Best Clam Chowder. Rating: 4.62 stars. 1811. A delicious, traditional, cream based chowder, this recipe calls for the standard chowder ingredients: onion, celery, potatoes, diced carrots, clams, and cream. A little red wine vinegar is added before serving for extra flavor. By PIONEERGIRL.
See details ››
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS RECIPE - BOTTEGA DI CALABRIA
2021-07-27 · The recipe for spaghetti with clams does not require any particular skill, just knowing how to dose the ingredients is enough to make a successful dish. You can recognise this clam at a glance: first of all, it is larger than a classic clam, and the outside is coloured from white to grey-yellow with dark streaks and spots. In addition, the siphons of the clams are well separated and not united ...
See details ››