CLASSIC HERB STUFFING
Make this savory stuffing, featuring poultry seasoning and thyme, a holiday tradition at your house. The oven-baked stuffing is the perfect complement to roasted turkey or turkey breast.
Provided by McCormick Spice
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips McCormick®
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in thyme, poultry seasoning, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl. Add celery mixture and broth; toss gently until well mixed. Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 614.9 calories, Carbohydrate 103.3 g, Cholesterol 29.6 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 15.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 2468.1 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
The terms stuffing and dressing are often used interchangeably, but they do have different meanings: Stuffing is cooked inside the bird, dressing on its own. Use this recipe when making our Perfect Roast Turkey.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dinner Recipes Dinner Side Dishes
Yield Makes 12 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and celery, and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add sage, stir to combine, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup stock, and stir well. Cook for about 5 minutes, until liquid has reduced by half.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients, including the remaining stock; mix to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Melt 1 stick butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 cups each diced onions and celery, 2 chopped apples and 1 tablespoon each minced sage and thyme; season with salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes. Add 3 cups chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Whisk 2 eggs with 1/4 cup chopped parsley in a large bowl; add 16 cups cubed stale country white bread, then pour in the vegetable-broth mixture and toss. Transfer to a buttered 3-quart baking dish and dot with more butter. Cover and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until golden, 20 more minutes.
For the occasions when you need just enough stuffing for the immediate family, this easy recipe is for you. Photo credit: Nicole Shoemaker from Cooking for Keeps.
Provided by McCormick
Categories Side Dishes,
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in stuffing mix. Add chicken broth and poultry seasoning; toss gently. Spoon into lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Spoon into lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221 Calories
BETTY CROCKER'S CLASSIC BREAD TURKEY STUFFING
This is the stuffing that my mom makes very Thanksgiving, and it's absolutely divine. The holiday just isn't the same without the taste of this dish. The day after it's cooked, it's wonderful cold, too! This recipe makes enough for a 12-pound turkey, about three quarts of stuffing.
Provided by Julesong
Yield 3 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat melt the butter, then sauté the onion and celery (and mushroom, if using) until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and sage and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place the bread cubes into a large, deep bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the butter/celery mixture over the cubes and toss well, then repeat steps until all of the butter mixture is used.
- Toss the cubes thoroughly to coat.
- (Regarding the optional chicken broth: for dry stuffing, add little or no liquid; for moist stuffing mix in lightly with fork just enough chicken broth to moisten dry crumbs.) Let cool and use as stuffing for the turkey.
- We've made this stuffing in the crockpot, as well, adding the chicken broth for moistness.
- Adapted from Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book, circa 1950.
- Note: regardling the amount of salt - yes, the amount listed above is correct and is what is listed in the original Betty Crocker recipe. When the butter mixture is first added to the bread, if you taste it at this point it might seem salty (because it is sitting right on the surface of the bread) but remember that the liquid and butter soaks into the bread and redistributes evenly. Also, this recipe, being from the 1950s, is specifically for cooking *inside* the turkey, which a lot of people no longer do, and again the salt will redistribute from the juices in the meat. If you use a crockpot for cooking your stuffing, I'd recommend reducing the amount of salt.
- Note #2: again, regarding the salt. You're going to have to decide for yourself about the salt. Having eaten this recipe for every year of my life I know it tastes wonderful as it's written. But that's just me.
OLD FASHIONED STUFFING
This is my grandmother's old-fashioned bread stuffing recipe. It may be cooked as directed, or inside the turkey. It's enough to stuff a very large bird.
Provided by LYNN BECKER
Categories Side Dish Stuffing and Dressing Recipes Bread Stuffing and Dressing Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Allow the toasted bread to sit approximately 24 hours, until hard.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Crush the bread into crumbs with a rolling pin. Place the crumbs in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and celery and slowly cook until soft. Remove from heat and drain.
- Mix the eggs and chicken broth into the bread crumbs. The mixture should be moist, but not mushy. Use water, if necessary, to attain desired consistency. Mix in the onion, celery, rubbed sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the top is brown and crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 18 mg, Fat 2.4 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 228.4 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
Make room on your plate for this classic bread stuffing recipe that's the essential side dish for every holiday gathering. With the perfect blend of hearty herbs, buttery goodness and warm, yeasty bread, this Thanksgiving bread dressing recipe will be your family's go-to classic for years to come.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook celery and onion in butter 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove Dutch oven from the heat.
- Gently toss celery mixture and remaining ingredients, using spoon, until bread cubes are evenly coated.
- Use to stuff one 10- to 12-pound turkey. Or to bake stuffing separately, grease 3-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Place stuffing in casserole or baking dish. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 1 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1/2 Cup, Sodium 540 mg
"SIMPLE IS BEST" DRESSING
Leave the sausage, nuts, dried fruit behind in favor of this easy, vegetarian-friendly stuffing recipe with country bread and Thanksgiving-classic herbs.
Provided by Victoria Granof
Categories Thanksgiving Bon Appétit Side Stuffing/Dressing Herb Onion Bake Celery Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Vegetarian
Yield 8-10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Butter a 13x9x2" baking dish and set aside. Scatter bread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until dried out, about 1 hour. Let cool; transfer to a very large bowl.
- Meanwhile, melt 3/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and celery. Stir often until just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Add to bowl with bread; stir in herbs, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in 1 1/4 cups broth and toss gently. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk 1 1/4 cups broth and eggs in a small bowl. Add to bread mixture; fold gently until thoroughly combined. Transfer to prepared dish, cover with foil, and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of dressing registers 160°F, about 40 minutes. (Note: Dressing can be made one day ahead up to this point. Uncover the dressing, let cool, then cover again and chill. The next day, proceed with the final bake as described below.)
- Bake dressing, uncovered, until set and top is browned and crisp, 40-45 minutes longer (if chilled, add 10-15 minutes).
More about "classic stuffing recipes"
CLASSIC THANKSGIVING STUFFING - DAMN DELICIOUS
CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET COOKING …
NO-WASTE CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE | PC.CA
GRANDMA’S CLASSIC STUFFING (DRESSING) RECIPE
CLASSIC TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPE - THE MOM 100
CHATELAINE CLASSIC STUFFING
CLASSIC STUFFING - RECIPE GIRL
CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
PERFECT CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE (STEPS WITH VIDEO!) | HOW TO …
15 TRADITIONAL, CLASSIC & CREATIVE STUFFING RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE THANKSGIVING STUFFING: THE BEST CLASSIC RECIPE - KITCHN
THE BEST TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE | FOODTASIA
CLASSIC STUFFING - NOMASTEHUNGRY.COM
BEST HOMEMADE TURKEY STUFFING RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC …
OATMEAL STUFFING FOR TURKEY - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY STUFFING RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
THE BEST CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE | DWARDCOOKS THANKSGIVING
CLASSIC HOMEMADE STUFFING RECIPE - DISH 'N' THE KITCHEN
EASY CLASSIC STUFFING - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
THE BEST TRADITIONAL STUFFING RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH .COM
EASY CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE – FAMILY STYLE STUFFING
THE BEST STUFFING RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
THE BEST HOMEMADE STUFFING RECIPE | LIFE LOVE & SUGAR
CLASSIC HOMEMADE STUFFING RECIPE | BEYOND FROSTING
CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE — BLESS THIS MESS
STUFFING RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CLASSIC TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
CLASSIC HOLIDAY STUFFING RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
STUFFING RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
TRADITIONAL HOMEMADE THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPE
CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
BUTTERY HERB STUFFING RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
15 EASY OLD-FASHIONED STUFFING RECIPES - CLICK AMERICANA
PIGGLY WIGGLY - CLASSIC STUFFING RECIPE
CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING WITH AN OVEN-BAKED OPTION
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love