COFFEE-FLAVORED BEEF ROAST
Coming home to a complete meal is so wonderful. This dish takes very little preparation but the results are delicious.-Jean Collier, Hanford, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 cups gravy).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with half of the salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker., In the same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in the drippings for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the coffee, chili powder and remaining salt and pepper. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. , Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. , Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts :
ROAST BEEF WITH COFFEE
Don't pass this up because it sounds strange. It is wonderful! Serve with mashed potatoes. This can also be made with a sirloin tip roast or a rump roast.
Provided by karela
Categories Everyday Cooking
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat slow cooker to low setting OR preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Using a sharp knife, make 5 or 6 deep slits around the top and side of the roast. Push the whole cloves of garlic down into the slits. Place the meat in a slow cooker OR a 10x15 inch roasting pan and pour the coffee over the meat.
- Cook in slow cooker on low setting for 6 to 8 hours OR bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 2 to 3 hours.
- When roast is done, remove from slow cooker OR oven, and pour the drippings into a small saucepan over medium low heat. In a separate small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Mix well and add slowly to the drippings, stirring constantly. Simmer until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 754 calories, Carbohydrate 3.9 g, Cholesterol 235.9 mg, Fat 48.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 70.1 g, SaturatedFat 19.2 g, Sodium 282.3 mg
SLOW-COOKED COFFEE BEEF ROAST
Day-old coffee is the key to this flavorful beef roast that simmers in the slow cooker until it's fall-apart tender. Try it once and I'm sure you'll cook it again. -Charles Trahan, San Dimas, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown roast on all sides in oil over medium-high heat. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and garlic until tender; stir in the coffee, liquid smoke if desired, salt, chili powder and pepper. Pour over roast. , Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. , In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir in 2 cups cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 120mg cholesterol, Sodium 261mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 39g protein. Diabetic exchanges
An absolute favorite of my meat-and-veggies-only man. This brings him home every time!! I love this recipe. Fuss-free preparation, but it takes some thinking ahead for cooking time. Tender beef simmered in roasted coffee. Absolutely delicious.
Provided by Arrianna and Tom
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the roast and sear on all sides until well browned; set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the remaining butter, add the salt and onions and saute for 5 minutes. Return the meat to the saucepan and pour in the coffee and the mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 hours, turning meat over halfway through cooking time.
- To make gravy: Remove a cup of the coffee mixture from the saucepan, combine with the cornstarch, stirring until smooth, and return to the simmering pan. Mix well, remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 702.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 211.8 mg, Fat 46.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 59.7 g, SaturatedFat 19.7 g, Sodium 500.6 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
More about "coffee flavored beef roast recipes"
ROAST BEEF WITH COFFEE GRAVY - CLOSET COOKING
Reviews 35Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 8Total Time 6 hrs 10 mins
COFFEE-RUBBED ROAST BEEF RECIPE | FOODAL
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory RoastCalories 269 per serving
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil. Once hot, sear beef on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
COFFEE-BRAISED POT ROAST WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE ...
5/5 (38)Calories 209 per servingTotal Time 3 hrs 15 mins
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, turning from time to time, until well browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pot. Add onions, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in coffee and vinegar; bring to a simmer. Return the beef to the pot and spoon some onions over it. Cover and transfer to the oven.
- Braise the beef in the oven until fork-tender but not falling apart, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Transfer beef to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes.
COFFEE RUBBED RIB ROAST - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
Cuisine AmericanServings 6-8
SLOW COOKER COFFEE ROAST BEEF WITH GARLIC - WHOLESOME ...
Ratings 1Total Time 5 hrs 10 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 571 per serving
COFFEE POT ROAST FLAVORED WITH COFFEE RECIPE
4.7/5 (16)Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 787 per serving
COFFEE-FLAVORED BEEF ROAST - CRECIPE.COM
COFFEE-FLAVORED BEEF ROAST | BEEF RECIPES, BEEF, HOW TO ...
SLOW COOKER COFFEE BRINED BEEF ROAST AND VEGGIES RECIPE ...
COFFEE ROASTING GUIDE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SIRLOIN TIP BEEF ROAST RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
COFFEE FLAVORED BEEF - COOKEATSHARE
COFFEE ROAST BEEF - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
COFFEE RUBBED BEEF ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
COFFEE-FLAVORED BEEF ROAST RECIPE
COFFEE-FLAVORED BEEF ROAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE ...
COFFEE FLAVORED BEEF ROAST RECIPES
COFFEE ROAST BEEF - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
ROAST BEEF WITH COFFEE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
COFFEE ROAST BEEF - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What kind of Coffee do you use for beef roast?Day-old coffee is the key to this flavorful beef roast that simmers in the slow cooker until it's fall-apart tender. Try it once and I'm sure you'll cook it again.
How to cook a beef chuck roast in a slow cooker?Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and garlic until tender; stir in the coffee, liquid smoke if desired, salt, chili powder and pepper. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
How to make beef taste like it belongs in a restaurant?This recipe made an inexpensive cut of beef taste like it belonged in an upscale restaurant. In addition to the coffee, I added about 1-1/2 c. beef broth (made from powdered boullion), 1/2 sliced onion and rubbed roast with blk pepper and chili powder.
How to cook beef roast in a Dutch oven?Stir in the coffee and bring to a simmer. Put the beef back into the pot and turn to coat well with the onions and liquids. Put the lid on the Dutch oven and transfer to the oven. Braise for about 2 hours, or until the beef is very tender. Transfer the beef to a plate and keep warm. Strain the liquids into a gravy separator and discard excess fat.