HOMEMADE SWEET CORN RELISH
Enjoy this delicious and versatile relish on hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, fish, served with roasted chicken, in a cheese omelet, pasta or tuna salad, sprinkled over tacos or in burritos, or mix it with black beans/tomatoes/onions/cilantro for a summer salad (just for example)!
Provided by Kimberly Killebrew
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Ladle the relish into hot sterilized jars and seal with lids. Process the jars in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Keep stored in a dark, cool place. Will keep at least one year. Once opened, store in the fridge for up to two months.Makes approximately 8 pints
- Note: Wait a week or two before eating the relish to allow time for the vinegar to mellow out.
- Start by preparing jars and getting water in the canner heating. You want the canner hot, but not boiling, when the jars are ready to be processed.See full water bath canning instructions here.
- Cut corn from cobs. Measure out 8 cups of corn in a 10 quart Dutch oven pot. Combine corn and water. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes. Drain corn. In same Dutch oven combine with corn, red and green peppers and onions. Stir in vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Boil gently, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Add this mixture to corn mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook for 2 minutes more. Ladle relish into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids and rings. Process in hot boiling water canner for 15 minutes.
CORN RELISH FOR CANNING
A good way to get rid of surplus corn or a really good corn deal-good with brats, dogs, and burgers.
Provided by Diana Adcock
Yield 6 Pints
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook ears of corn in boiling salted water for 4 minutes.
- Remove and plunge in ice water-strain-and cut corn from cob-you want 10 cups.
- Combine corn with remaining ingredients in a large pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Immediately pack into clean hot pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space; seal.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Red pepper sauce, mustard seed and onion give this relish a feisty flair.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix corn, bell pepper, onion and pimientos in medium heatproof glass or plastic bowl.
- Heat remaining ingredients to boiling in 1-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally. Boil 2 minutes. Pour over corn mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors but no longer than 5 days. Black Bean-Corn Relish: Stir in 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained. Makes 3 1/2 cups relish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Tablespoon, Sodium 50 mg
OLD-FASHIONED CORN RELISH
This was the first "country" recipe I received after moving away from the city-a new neighbor shared it. It's wonderful made with garden-fresh ingredients and tasty served with your favorite meat. -Jean Peterson, Mulliken, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 47mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CORN RELISH III
I was doing some canning, and a friend shared this recipe with me. I added 1 clove of garlic and used less than 1 cup sugar because I'm diabetic. You need to make it to your taste.
Provided by Vivian Herren
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Relish Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, mix corn, cabbage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, white sugar, ground dry mustard, celery seed, mustard seed, salt, turmeric, apple cider vinegar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to sterile containers. Seal and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 19.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 57.1 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH CORN RELISH (CANNING)
I love PA Dutch/Amish cooking because of the use of basic ingredients and the simplicity of cooking them. This is lovely with chicken. From my worn and torn Best-Loved Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes booklet.
Provided by Kats Mom
Yield 4-5 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut corn from cob.
- Place all ingredients into a large pot and cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Jar and seal.
More about "corn relish for canning recipes"
BERNARDIN HOME CANNING: BECAUSE YOU CAN: HOME …
SOUTHERN CORN RELISH - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
CORN RELISH RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SWEET CORN RELISH - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
CORN RELISH RECIPE CANNING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CORN RELISH | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST EVER CORN RELISH – OUR CITY HOMESTEAD
OLD FASHIONED CORN RELISH - PRAIRIE CALIFORNIAN
TRADITIONAL CORN RELISH - CANNING AND COOKING AT HOME
TEX-MEX CORN RELISH CANNING RECIPE | THE CANNING DIVA
CORN RELISH II - CANNING RECIPES
7 CORN RELISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST TOMATO RELISH CANNING RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMESTYLE CORN RELISH - CANNED | WHOLEFULLY
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CANNED PICKLED CORN RELISH - PICK YOUR …
ZESTY CORN RELISH | CANNING - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
200 BEST CANNING RECIPES YOU WILL WANT TO TRY - AMERICAN PATRIOT ...
CANNED CORN RELISH RECIPE - RECIPE POCKET
SWEET CORN RELISH - HEALTHY CANNING
HOMEMADE SWEET CORN RELISH - CANADIAN BUDGET BINDER
CORN RELISH FOR CANNING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SWEET 'N' SPICY CANNED CORN RELISH - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
BLUE RIBBON CORN RELISH - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CANNING CORN RELISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CORN RELISH FOR CANNING - J&R FARMS
FOUR RECIPE MONDAY - (3RD) CORN RELISH - CANNING HOMEMADE!
ZUCCHINI CORN RELISH - COTTAGE AT THE CROSSROADS
SWEET 'N SPICY CORN RELISH | MCCORMICK
CORN RELISH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY CORN RELISH RECIPE ⋆ FARMHOUSE-BC
43 MUST TRY CANNING RECIPES - THRIFTY FRUGAL MOM
CORN RELISH - CANNING RECIPES
HOMEMADE CORN RELISH » AMISH 365
SOUTHWESTERN CORN RELISH - HEALTHY CANNING
30 BEST CANNING RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CANNING 101 - PICKLED CORN RELISH - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH
CANNING CORN RELISH : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CORN & CUCUMBER RELISH - SBCANNING.COM - HOMEMADE CANNING …
HOMEMADE: MARY’S CANNED CORN RELISH — MARY DISOMMA
TWO WAYS TO MAKE MY GRANDMOTHER'S FAVORITE CORN RELISH
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #canning #vegetables #american #dietary #corn #number-of-servings #technique
You'll also love