COUNTRY APPLE PIE
- Heat oven to 425.
- Prepare pastry for Two Crust Pie, 10 inches (food.com recipe #442482). Place the pastry in a deep-dish 9 inch pie pan or a regular 10 inch pie pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, mace, cloves and salt) in a large bowl.
- Stir in the apples and cover completely with flour mixture. Place the apples in the pastry lined pan.
- Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the heavy cream.
- Cover with the top crust and cut slits to vent steam. Seal the edges of the crust together and flute them.
- Brush the remaining tablespoon of cream over the top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble up through slits.
I remember coming home sullen one day because we'd lost a softball game. Grandma, in her wisdom, suggested, "Maybe a slice of my homemade apple pie will make you feel better." One bite, and Grandma was right. If you want to learn how to make homemade apple pie filling, this is really the only recipe you need. -Maggie Greene, Granite Falls, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat. , On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge loosely with foil. , Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
COUNTRY APPLE CRISP PIE
I made this apple pie for our church's homecoming and it was a sure hit! Really like an apple pie and an apple crisp in one dessert!
Provided by Makarios309
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place crust in 9-inch pie plate.
- Toss apple slices with white sugar, chopped walnuts, 3 tablespoons flour, spices, and salt.
- Transfer mixture to pie.
- Melt butter and mix in oatmeal, 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over apple filling in pie.
- Cover pie edges with foil to prevent burning for first 25 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil from pie edges after 25 minutes of baking.
- Cool and serve (solo or with ice cream).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499.9, Fat 22.8, SaturatedFat 9.7, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 234.2, Carbohydrate 73.2, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 43.5, Protein 5.1
COUNTRY APPLE DESSERT
If you like warm, comforting desserts, you''ll go for my apple dessert. Serve it warm topped with vanilla ice cream...it's so good! -Denese Harold, Dorcas, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with pie filling. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top., Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. In a small bowl combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 279mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a bowl combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Place mixture in a pastry-lined 9 inch pie plate. Dot with butter and adjust top crust that has been vented.
- Place in oven and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 275-300 degrees F (135-150 degrees C) and bake 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Let cool and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Carbohydrate 61.4 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 17.2 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 373.5 mg, Sugar 35 g
CANADIAN APPLE PIE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a pie dish with 1 crust.
- Whisk together cornstarch, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Stir apples, maple syrup and whole egg into cornstarch mixture.
- Pour apple mixture into the prepared crust. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Whisk together egg yolk and water in a small bowl; brush over the pie. Cover pie loosely with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking until crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382 calories, Carbohydrate 56.2 g, Cholesterol 48.9 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 319.9 mg, Sugar 28.1 g
More about "country apple pie recipes"
70 BEST APPLE PIE RECIPES TO BAKE THIS FALL - COUNTRY LIVING
Author Country Living Staff
A GOOD OLD-FASHIONED COUNTRY APPLE PIE RECIPE FROM THE ’50S
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
COUNTRY APPLE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST SINGLE CRUST APPLE PIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
COUNTRY APPLE PIE RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE PIE | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY APPLE PIE | COOK'S COUNTRY
COUNTRY BROWN BAG APPLE PIE - COUNTRY RECIPE BOOK
OLD FASHIONED DUTCH APPLE PIE - MOM LOVES BAKING
COUNTRY APPLE PIE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
BAKE THE FLAKIEST COUNTRY APPLE PIE | THE DIY MOMMY
COUNTRY APPLE TART RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GRAMMIE'S SWEDISH APPLE PIE - THE COUNTRY COOK
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH APPLE PIE | COOK'S COUNTRY
COUNTRY APPLE PIE RECIPE | THE CAGLE DIARIES
COUNTRY STYLE FRIED APPLES RECIPE - ANN'S ENTITLED LIFE
COUNTRY APPLE PIE - BIGOVEN
COUNTRY APPLE GALETTE RECIPE - JACQUES PéPIN | FOOD & WINE
COUNTRY APPLE PIE | JOAN LUNDEN
COUNTRY APPLE PIE - PARADE
COUNTRY APPLE PIE - MY COUNTRY TABLE
FLAKY PIE CRUST RECIPE | EASY HOMEMADE APPLE PIE
COUNTRY APPLE PIE | PHOTOS & FOOD
TRADITIONAL AMISH APPLE PIE RECIPE - AMISH HERITAGE
3 APPLE PIE RECIPES FROM COUNTRIES WHERE IT COUNTS
COUNTRY APPLE PIE - BIGOVEN
HOMEMADE COUNTRY APPLE PIE - WINDOW ON THE PRAIRIE
COUNTRY APPLE HAND PIES | BASICS
COUNTRY STYLE APPLE PIE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
COUNTRY APPLE CRISP PIE RECIPE - BACK ROAD BLOOM
APPLE SLAB PIE - THE COUNTRY COOK
APPLE PIE RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
COOK’S COUNTRY PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH APPLE PIE (EP 1310)
RECIPE: COUNTRY STYLE ONE CRUST APPLE PIE - BRUCE BRADLEY
FRENCH COUNTRY APPLE PIE RECIPE
ITALIAN COUNTRY APPLE PIE | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
COOK'S COUNTRY DUTCH APPLE PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE PIE - COUNTRY LIVING
FRENCH COUNTRY APPLE PIE - LOVE THE KITCHEN
WEST COUNTRY APPLE PIE CAKE - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #easy #pies #dietary #low-in-something #apples #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple pie with oatmeal?Place crust in 9-inch pie plate. Toss apple slices with white sugar, chopped walnuts, 3 tablespoons flour, spices, and salt. Transfer mixture to pie. Melt butter and mix in oatmeal, 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apple filling in pie. Cover pie edges with foil to prevent burning for first 25 minutes of baking.
Is there such a thing as Easy Apple Pie?These easy apple pie recipes can be made by bakers at any experience level, and they're sure to satisfy every sweet tooth in your family. From classic, traditional recipes to more newfangled options (apple pie taquitos or gingerbread apple pie, anyone?), there really is something here for everyone.
Where can I find a recipe for Apple Pie bars?Get the recipe at Jo Cooks. Think outside the box with these fun apple pie bars. They've got all the flavors you know and love, plus the addition of caramel, maple, and pecan. Get the recipe at Creme de la Crumb. Just because the serving isn't a traditional slice doesn't mean it's not an apple pie in its own right!
Where can I find a recipe for slab pie?This slab pie manifests as crumb-topped squares of deliciousness. Get the recipe at Cooking Classy. Your guests will be clamoring for seconds (and thirds) of this classic apple pie recipe. Exploding with fresh, juicy apples and topped with a flaky crust, it's everything they—and you—have dreamed of. Get the recipe at Coley Cooks.