- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add crab, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in sour cream, tomato paste, dry sherry, parmesan and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through. Do not boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504.2 calories, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Cholesterol 160.4 mg, Fat 41.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 24.9 g, SaturatedFat 25.3 g, Sodium 652 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
- To make the Newburg sauce, combine the flour, paprika, curry powder, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt, to taste, in a small bowl and set aside. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the shallot and cook for 3 minutes until it begins to brown. While the shallot is cooking, bring the milk and tomato paste to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat; be careful not to let it boil over. Add the flour mixture to the browned shallot and stir until mixed well with the butter. Add the sherry and whisk until smooth. Add the hot milk mixture to the flour mixture slowly, whisking constantly until the mix is creamy and thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Put the water, salt, bay leaves and peppercorns in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the scallops and boil for 3 minutes. Remove immediately and set aside. Do the same with the shrimp and lobster tail meat.
- Add the cooked shell fish to the Newburg sauce and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Serve over white rice, garnished with the Gremolata and a side of Sea Salt Roasted Asparagus. If serving the Newburg on a large platter, arrange the asparagus around the platter edges.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the ends off the asparagus and toss the spears with the olive oil in a mixing bowl. Put the asparagus onto a sheet pan, sprinkle with the salt and put in the preheated oven until they begin to brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and divide evenly among the 4 dinner plates.
CRAB AND SHRIMP NEWBURG
- Blend flour and egg yolks. Add seasonings to milk and add to the egg mixture. Add the melted butter and blend until smooth. Stir while cooking over low heat until thickened. Add sherry and seafood, pour into a casserole and brown quickly under broiler.
- Combine butter, flour and salt in a saucepan. Cook for two minutes. Slowly pour in milk and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir sherry into the mixture (to taste), paprika, catsup and Worcestershire sauce. Place seafood in the saucepan and heat thoroughly. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.6 calories, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Cholesterol 183.1 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 23.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 768 mg, Sugar 7 g
"A friend gave me the recipe for this tasty time-saving dish that takes advantage of cooked shrimp," relates Donna Souders of Hagerstown, Maryland. "It's a quick company meal when served over rice with a tossed salad and dessert."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a saucepan, combine soup, water and seafood seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; stir in shrimp. Heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 231mg cholesterol, Sodium 1013mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 25g protein.
SEAFOOD NEWBURG CASSEROLE
This is a recipe I found in one of the grocery store recipes booklets. It is very rich tasting and the sherry just gives it a great accent. Since I don't have easy access to fresh seafood, I used the canned crab and it was fine. Although I haven't tried it, I would feel comfortable using scallops or any shellfish to make this dish.
Provided by Mary K. W.
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 7-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In large bowl, combine shrimp, crabmeat and sherry. Mix gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 13 x 9 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp of the butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add remaining 6 tablespoons butter; stir until melted. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, seasoned salt and pepper to mushroom mixture; mix well. Cook until bubbly. Gradually add half-and-half and milk, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add seafood mixture and cooked rice to mushroom sauce; stir gently to mix. Pour into sprayed baking dish. In small bowl combine topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and crumb topping is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 554.4, Fat 30.7, SaturatedFat 18.2, Cholesterol 216.5, Sodium 1150.1, Carbohydrate 40.3, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.9, Protein 27.5
- Clean shrimp.
- Melt butter; add flour, paprika, salt and pepper, blend together.
- Add milk and cream gradually.
- Add sherry.
- In a separate pan, saute shrimp in butter.
- Add to the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.8, Fat 32.8, SaturatedFat 20.3, Cholesterol 150.8, Sodium 939.2, Carbohydrate 12.7, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.5, Protein 9.4
More about "crab and shrimp newburg recipes"
CLASSIC CRAB NEWBURG RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory Lunch, Dinner, AppetizerCalories 223 per serving
SHRIMP NEWBURG RECIPE
CRAB NEWBURG PHOTOS RECIPE
CRAB NEWBURG SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY CRAB AND SHRIMP NEWBURG RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP NEWBURG, THYME FOR COOKING GOURMET MAIN …
SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE - FOOD.COM | SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE, …
CREAMY SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRAB AND SHRIMP NEWBURG - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SEAFOOD NEWBURG | RECIPE | SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE, SEAFOOD …
CRAB NEWBURG RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST CRAB NEWBURG RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SEAFOOD NEWBURG (LOBSTER, SCALLOPS, SHRIMP OR ALL THREE)
LEE MEYER (12QWRCTOU3FN0W8) | SHRIMP AND SCALLOP RECIPES, CRAB …
SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE BY TOM HAM'S LIGHTHOUSE - TABLE AGENT
SEAFOOD NEWBURG CASSEROLE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
CRAB, SHRIMP OR LOBSTER NEWBURG RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE (SCALLOPS, SHRIMP, AND COD IN A SHERRY …
SEAFOOD NEWBURG (SORT OF) - TOM'S DOMAIN
SHRIMP AND CRAB NEWBURG RECIPE RECIPE FOR STUFFED
SEAFOOD NEWBURG — PASSION FOR DINING AND NUTRITION
SHRIMP NEWBURG RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SHRIMP NEWBURG RECIPE | FISHEX SEAFOODS
CRAB NEWBURG OVER OLD BAY PASTA - DIRT CHEAP - BUDGET101.COM™
SEAFOOD NEWBURG: SHRIMP, SCALLOPS & CRABMEAT - TYPEPAD
8 NEWBURG RECIPES | RECIPELAND
CRAB SHRIMP NEWBURG - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
QUICK AND EASY SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE
SHRIMP NEWBURG | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA
SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE - MARTHA GREENLAW, LINDA GREENLAW
CRAB NEWBURG - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
SEAFOOD NEWBURG (LOBSTER, SCALLOPS, AND SHRIMP IN SHERRY CREAM …
SHRIMP NEWBURG RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CRAB NEWBURG RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CREAM SHRIMP NEWBURG - COOKEATSHARE
ELEGANT SHRIMP NEWBURG IN PUFF PASTRY SHELLS - PUDGE FACTOR
You'll also love