CRANBERRY-PEAR CRUMBLE BARS
Sweet pears and tart cranberries pair perfectly in these treats, which are part bar cookie, and part fruit crisp. Here, both crust and crumble topping are made from the same almond flour-rolled oat mixture mixture, giving it a nutty flavor. Precooking the filling allows the fruit to soften and release some juices ahead of time so the bottom crust stays nice and crisp. The result is a chewy, fruity cookie that just as easily a perfect afternoon snack as it is a paired with some ice cream for dessert. Choose pears that are on the firm side of ripe: Comice and Anjou both work great.
Provided by Yossy Arefi
Categories cookies and bars, dessert
Yield One 9x9-inch pan
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare filling: Peel, core and chop the pears into 1/2-inch pieces. You should have about 2 1/2 cups of chopped pears. Add pears, cranberries, sugar and orange juice to a heavy-bottomed skillet or saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until pears soften, cranberries burst, and juices are thickened and jammy, 7 to 10 minutes. Add vanilla, orange zest and fresh ginger and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool while you prepare the crust.
- Prepare crust and crumble: In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, almond flour, oats and salt. Stir to combine. Add butter and almond extract, and stir until crumbs are well moistened.
- Reserve about 2 1/2 cups/360 grams of the mixture for the topping. Pour remaining crumbs into prepared dish and press them into an even layer. Bake the crust until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon filling (it's O.K. if it's still warm) evenly over the hot crust, top with reserved crumbs, and return pan to oven. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the bars cool slightly before cutting and serving.
- Place pears in a saucepan large enough to hold them snugly. Add enough water to barely cover them (about 4 cups). Add sugar, cinnamon, citrus peels, honey, and lemon juice. Using the tip of a paring knife, scrape vanilla seeds into pan, and toss in pod. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat, and simmer gently until pears are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add fresh cranberries, and simmer until cranberries are soft but not mushy, about 3 minutes more.
- Use a spoon to transfer pears to a dish. Spoon cranberries and syrup around pears. Add tea bag and dried cranberries if using. Let cool for 15 minutes. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, remove vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, citrus peels, and tea bag. Transfer pears to plates with some of the cranberries, syrup, and a dollop of yogurt, creme fraiche, or cheese.
CRANBERRY-POACHED PEARS WITH WHIPPED CREAM AND SHORTBREAD CRUMBLES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: apple juice, cranberry sauce, kosher salt, cinnamon stick, pears, heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, shortbread cookies
Provided by Jordan Kenna
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a blender, puree the apple juice, cranberry sauce, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the juice into a 4-quart jumbo cooker, add the cinnamon stick, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the pears to the simmering juice, and cook, turning occasionally, until the pears are tender when pierced at the thickest part with a paring knife, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the pears cool completely in liquid, about 1 hour, or refrigerate in liquid for up to 2 days.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric hand mixer until medium peaks form.
- Divide the pear halves among 6 serving bowls and top each with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle with some of the poaching liquid. Crumble 2 cookies over each bowl and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511 calories, Carbohydrate 78 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 58 grams
RED WINE & CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS
While being poached, the pear absorbs the sweetness and spice from the sugar, wine, cinnamon and peppercorn. It makes an easy, yet elegant, dessert that's perfect for a special night. -Kiersten Atkinson, Birmingham, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, bring the first 6 ingredients to a boil; add cranberries. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes., Meanwhile, core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears. Add to pan, in a single layer on their sides. Simmer, uncovered, until pears are almost tender, about 10 minutes longer, turning occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes., Drain pears; reserving poaching liquid and cranberries. Remove peppercorns. Place pears on dessert plates; drizzle with reserved poaching liquid. Top with cranberries and crème fraiche, if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
POACHED PEARS WITH CRANBERRY PURéE
- Combine berries, sugar and juice in heavy large skillet. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer over medium heat until berries burst, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Puree in processor until smooth. Strain into same skillet.
- Bring puree to simmer over medium heat. Add pear wedges and stir to coat. Simmer until pears are just tender, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove pears from skillet, shaking excess puree back into skillet, and transfer pears to paper-towel-lined plate. Reserve puree. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover pears and puree separately and refrigerate.)
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS
This comes from the Cranberry Cookbook, it is so delicious - there is nothing better than poached pears - and the cranberries just enhance the flavor.
Provided by Chef mariajane
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put the cranberry juice, orange juice and sugar in a saucepan large enough to hold the pears. Heat gently to dissolve the sugar. Add the cinnamon and star anise, if using, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Peel the pears and immediately stand them in the pan with the cranberry syrup. Cover and simmer gently for 40 minutes, or until the pears are cooked and soft through to the center when pierced with a skewer.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely in the syrup. Chill for 2 hours or overnight, occasionally turning the pears in the syrup to achieve an even color.
- Remove the pears from the pan and bring the cranberry syrup to the boil for 20 minutes, or until reduced to a thick syrup. Add the fresh cranberries and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside until competely cooled.
- Place the pears on a plate with the cranberries and pour the sauce over and around them.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.8, Fat 0.4, Sodium 4.6, Carbohydrate 70.8, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 58, Protein 0.8
PEAR CRANBERRY CRUMBLE
Our Test Kitchen cooks got creative with this crumble. Pears provide a tasty change of pace from apples and other fruits that are more commonly used in pies and desserts. Cranberries add color, and spiced-up oats top off this old-fashioned dessert with a yummy crunch.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, cranberries and vanilla; let stand for 15 minutes. Arrange pear slices in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Pour apple juice mixture over pears., In a bowl, combine the oats brown sugar, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until pears are tender and tipping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 43mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
PEARS AND CRANBERRIES POACHED IN WINE
An elegant dessert doesn't have to take tons of work. Tart and refreshing, this simple-to-make treat is a tasty dinner finale. -Eva Amuso, Cheshire, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place pears in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, cut side up. Top with cranberries., In a small saucepan, combine wine, sugar, cranberry juice, butter and lemon zest; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; spoon over pears., Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until pears are tender, basting occasionally. Serve with creme fraiche.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 15mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
BLUSHING CRANBERRY PEARS
- Place cranberry juice, sugar, and cinnamon stick into a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and simmer until the sugar dissolves. Meanwhile, peel the pears, leaving the stem intact.
- Place the pears into the simmering juice and cover. Cook until the pears are tender, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. Once tender, remove the saucepan from the heat, and set aside to cool to room temperature. Turn the pears a few times as they cool so the color remains even.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.6 calories, Carbohydrate 45.1 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 3.6 mg, Sugar 33.8 g
More about "cranberry poached pears with whipped cream and shortbread crumbles recipe by tasty"
CRANBERRY PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS AND PARTRIDGE CRISPS RECIPE
PEARS POACHED IN SPICED CRANBERRY JUICE RECIPE - THE FLAVOURS OF …
POACHED PEARS WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE - VINTAGE COOKING
10 BEST POACHED PEARS DESSERT RECIPES - YUMMLY
CRANBERRY-POACHED PEARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Calories 156 per servingServings 6
- Peel and core pears. Cut each pear in half lengthwise; set aside. Combine juice, brown sugar, cloves, and cinnamon in a large nonaluminum saucepan; bring to a boil. Place pears, cut sides up, in a single layer in pan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Remove pears with a slotted spoon, and place in a shallow dish. Cover and chill.
- Bring juice mixture to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Strain juice mixture through a sieve into a small bowl; cover and chill. Discard spices.
- Arrange 1 pear half, cut side up, on each of 6 dessert plates. Drizzle 2 1/2 tablespoons juice mixture over each pear half; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream.
PIN ON DESSERTS, SWEETS AND JAM - PINTEREST.COM
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS WITH GINGER PECAN SHORTBREAD | RECIPE
CRANBERRY PEAR CRUMBLES - BAKE OR BREAK
CRANBERRY-POACHED PEARS - READER'S DIGEST
CRANBERRY-PORT POACHED PEARS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM - METRO
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS RECIPE - EATWELL101
FEATURING CRANBERRY-POACHED PEARS WITH WHIPPED CREAM AND …
RECIPES THAT ARE EQUAL PART GORGEOUS AND EASY TO MAKE - TASTY.CO
CRANBERRY SAUCE AND APPLE JUICE RECIPES (16) - SUPERCOOK
CRANBERRY-PORT POACHED PEARS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM | METRO
APPLE JUICE AND CRANBERRY AND PEAR RECIPES (11) - SUPERCOOK
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS - WENDY POLISI
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS RECIPE | INDIA TREE
DESSERT RECIPES ARCHIVES - PAGE 2 OF 10 - RECIPE CHRONICLE
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS - THE BROOKLYN COOK
DESSERT RECIPES ARCHIVES - PAGE 2 OF 12 - YUMMY ON A BUDGET
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
COOKIES AND APPLE JUICE RECIPES (23) - SUPERCOOK
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS WITH MASCARPONE - FOOLPROOF LIVING
CRANBERRY & CARDAMOM POACHED PEARS | RECIPE | POACHED PEARS, …
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CRANBERRY PEARS RECIPE
GALENTINE'S DAY RECIPES - FOODIE BADGE
CRANBERRY-POACHED PEARS WITH WHIPPED CREAM AND …
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS - FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
DESSERT RECIPES ARCHIVES - REAGAN'S RECIPES
GALENTINE'S DAY RECIPES - TASTY
FANCY 3-COURSE HOLIDAY PARTY | RECIPES - TASTY
PEAR, APPLE, AND CRANBERRY CORNMEAL CRUMBLES - TASTY KITCHEN
10 BEST POACHED PEARS DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
POACHED PEAR & CRANBERRY CAKE - THE CAKE BLOG
CRANBERRY POACHED PEARS | MYRECIPES RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What to do with a pear crisp?From classic pear crisp to ginger pear crisp, you'll find something you'll love in this collection of pear crisps and crumbles recipes. Having a pear tree in abundance called for some crafty cooking. Had all ingredients on hand and what's not to like? Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Yummy! An unusual combination but very good.
What can I make with pears and pomegranates?Ripe pears and pomegranate seeds are a great combination. Add the convenience and speed of an air fryer, and your sweet tooth can be satisfied in minutes. Garnish with whipped cream for an additional flair, if you wish! A great dessert that nobody can resist!
What to do with a pear tree?From classic pear crisp to ginger pear crisp, you'll find something you'll love in this collection of pear crisps and crumbles recipes. Having a pear tree in abundance called for some crafty cooking. Had all ingredients on hand and what's not to like?
What can you cook with Pears in an air fryer?Ripe pears and pomegranate seeds are a great combination. Add the convenience and speed of an air fryer, and your sweet tooth can be satisfied in minutes. Garnish with whipped cream for an additional flair, if you wish!