CREAM-BRAISED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Brussels sprouts tend to turn people off. This way of cooking them brings out their nutty flavor and has made the most passionate haters at my last Thanksgiving say, at the very least, that this is the best brussels sprouts have tasted. The first time I made this, it ended up being dinner - not a side dish!
Provided by Pugged
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Melt the butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the sprouts are tender and easily pierced with a fork, 30 to 35 minutes. The cream will have reduced in volume, and will have taken on a creamy beige color. Remove the lid, and stir in the lemon juice. Allow the sprouts to simmer a few minutes more until the cream thickens and coats the sprouts. Season to taste with additional salt and lemon juice before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254.7 calories, Carbohydrate 11.7 g, Cholesterol 74.7 mg, Fat 22.7 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 14.1 g, Sodium 171.3 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
CREAMY PARMESAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Generously grease a 9x9-inch baking dish with butter.
- Spread the sliced Brussels sprouts out into the prepared baking dish in an even layer. In a bowl, whisk together the cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and black pepper until thoroughly combined; pour the cream mixture over the Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle the top with nutmeg.
- Cover the dish with foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour; remove foil, and bake uncovered until the top has browned, 15 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.3 g, Cholesterol 56.6 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 77.8 mg, Sugar 1 g
CREAMED BAKED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
While we absolutely love a roasted Brussels sprout, shaved Brussels sprouts add much-appreciated versatility to the mix. The fact that you can now buy them pre-shaved at your supermarket is a huge time saver, turning this into a 30-minute side perfect for any holiday table. We tossed the sprouts with melty cheeses and baked them until rich and bubbly for a vegetable dish even the pickiest kids will come back for.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large high-sided saute pan or wide pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add half of the Brussels sprouts, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until the sprouts are softened and wilted, about 1 minute. Add the remaining sprouts and continue to cook until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes more. Stir in the Monterey Jack, cream, Parmesan and 1/3 cup of the salad dressing spread until combined. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Stir the remaining 3 tablespoons salad dressing spread with the panko, parsley and remaining 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Bake until the breadcrumbs are well browned and toasted and the sauce is bubbling all over, 30 to 35 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Add garlic, shallot, cayenne and nutmeg to these Brussels sprouts to make them irresistible.
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add the garlic and shallot and cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir until well coated in the butter. Add the cream, cayenne, nutmeg, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the Brussels sprouts are soft, about 15 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until they are tender and the liquid has reduced into a creamy sauce, about 10 minutes more.
RICH AND CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Here's a great way to dress up brussels sprouts. Almonds give this rich creamy dish a nutty texture and flavor.-Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook brussels sprouts in boiling water. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the soup, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Drain brussels sprouts; transfer to a serving dish. Add water chestnuts and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 413mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Trim the brussels sprouts of any loose or yellowing leaves and cut a cross in the stem end of each one. Add them to the quart of boiling water and cook for exactly 7 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- While sprouts are cooking, bring cream to a boil in a separate saucepan and reduce by boiling to 1/2 cup.
- Place the sprouts in a saute pan with the glace de viande and flavorings. Add the reduced cream and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, tossing the sprouts in the cream to coat well. Serve immediately.
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain the bacon and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Add the shallots and the Brussels sprouts and cook over medium heat until the shallots are soft and the sprouts have begun to turn golden (about 10 minutes).
- Add the wine, salt, and pepper. Stir well, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until the sprouts are tender and the liquid is syrupy and reduced to half (about 20 minutes).
- Transfer to an 8 x 10 inch casserole.
- Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and add it to the Brussels sprouts.
- Add the cream and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until the liquid is bubbling, the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.2, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 13.8, Cholesterol 77.3, Sodium 541.6, Carbohydrate 17.8, Fiber 3, Sugar 2.5, Protein 16.1
CREAMY BAKED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Defrost the brussels sprouts slightly in the microwave, just so you can cut them in half easily with a sharp knife.
- Cut all brussels sprouts in half, if needed so they are all similar in size.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of ingredients, add the brussels sprouts and toss lightly until they are all coated.
- Put into a greased casserole dish and bake about 1/2 hour in 325 degree oven until bubbly hot and the brussels sprouts are nice and tender.
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS BAKE
Eating Brussels sprouts was a ho-hum experience at our house until I put together this cheesy bake. After one taste, my husband declared it a "keeper." It's nice alongside ham, pork or beef roasts. -Elizabeth Metz, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in brussels sprouts. Remove from the heat; stir in cream cheese mixture. , Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 calories, Fat 21g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 196mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "creamed brussels sprouts recipes"
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Brussels Sprouts Side Dish RecipesCalories 193 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add Brussels sprouts, cover and cook until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice one of the shallots and toss with 1 tablespoon flour. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced shallot and cook, stirring occasionally until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Mince the remaining shallot. Add butter to the pan and cook until melted. Add the minced shallot and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon flour, then milk, salt and pepper. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Parmesan. Stir the Brussels sprouts into the sauce. Serve topped with the crispy shallots.
BEST CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE - DELISH
4/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 262 per serving
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS | CANADIAN LIVING
CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS - HOUSE OF YUMM
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS – BONNIE PLANTS
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS | THAT LOW CARB LIFE
OVER-THE-TOP CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUT GRATIN RECIPE
BEST CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE CREAMED …
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
SAUTéED BRUSSELS SPROUTS IN CREAM SAUCE (CREAMED BRUSSELS …
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON - I WASH YOU DRY
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS (GARLIC PARMESAN) – DITCH THE CARBS
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS - LOST IN FOOD
CREAMY BAKED BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE - THE NOVICE CHEF
CHEESY CREAMY BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BACON - COOKING LSL
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS: A KETO RECIPE PERFECT FOR THANKSGIVING
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS - RECIPE DETAILS
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS | SAVEUR
COMFORT FOOD: CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE | THE OLD …
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
10 BEST BRUSSEL SPROUTS CREAM SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAM OF BRUSSELS SPROUTS SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SLOW COOKER CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS | SLOW COOKER FOODIE
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS - PUREWOW
CREAMY PARMESAN GARLIC BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS | THE LEAF NUTRISYSTEM BLOG
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS BAKE - AHEAD OF THYME
CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS (LOW CARB/ KETO)
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS | OREGONIAN RECIPES
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS GRATIN RECIPE — EATWELL101
CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON | CAMPBELL’S RECIPES
BRUSSELS SPROUTS CASSEROLE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BACON CHEESE BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DEEP SOUTH DISH: CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #pork #vegetables #easy #dietary #meat
You'll also love