CREAMED MUSHROOMS ON TOAST
Delicious garlicky, lemony creamed mushrooms for those lazy weekend breakfasts when you are not constrained by the need to be out the front door as soon as possible. These creamed mushrooms could also be used as a topping for meatloaves, steaks, chops or steamed vegetables, or as a sauce for pasta. It also makes a tasty supper on nights when you get home too late to really feel like making or eating a full meal. I have no idea now where I got this recipe from originally. It's been in my recipe files for years. My mother used to cook mushrooms like this when we'd been mushrooming, and she tells me that her English grandmother, who was from Kent, used to make something similar.
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan, add the garlic and sauté for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue to sauté, stirring continuously for 3 minutes until the mushrooms have softened. Keep a careful eye on the garlic to make sure that it does not brown.
- Add the lemon juice and cook a further minute.
- Gradually add the light cream and cook gently until the mixture thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and the chopped parsley, oregano and tarragon.
- Divide mixture among hot toast slices.
- Garnish with tarragon leaves and serve immediately.
- Or, if using as a topping or sauce, add to meat, vegetables or pasta just before serving - or serve it in a separate jug.
CREAMED OYSTERS AND MUSHROOMS ON TOAST
- Cut mushrooms into 1/4-inch-thick slices and finely chop shallot. In a 2-quart saucepan cook mushrooms and shallot with salt to taste in butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated and they are golden. Add wine and bring to a boil. In a measuring cup vigorously stir together milk and flour and add to mushroom mixture with cream and cayenne. Simmer cream mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Toast bread. Add oysters and parsley to cream mixture, stirring gently, and cook at a bare simmer until edges of oysters curl, about 3 minutes. Arrange toast on 2 plates and spoon creamed oysters and mushrooms on top.
CREAMED OYSTERS & MUSHROOMS ON TOAST
Oysters and mushrooms are a good combo. (But then oysters go with anything at anytime don't they?) This can be a "light" lunch or a dinner with rice and vegetables.
Provided by Tebo3759
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook mushrooms and shallots in butter over medium heat in a 2 quart pan.
- Cook until mushroom liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are golden, about 10 or so minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil.
- Mix flour, tabasco& milk, add to mushroom mixture with the cream.
- Simmer and stir occasionally until slightly thickened about 3 minutes.
- Add oysters, simmer until edges curl, about 3 minutes.
- Toast bread and serve oysters and mushrooms on top.
More about "creamed oysters mushrooms on toast recipes"
EASY CREAMY MUSHROOM TOAST - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.5/5 (33)Total Time 15 minsCategory Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, VegetarianCalories 162 per serving
- Add all the mushrooms back to the pan with their resting juices and add the garlic, herbs and chilli flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the butter and lemon juice and stir well while the butter is melting to create a creamy sauce then take off the heat. Season to taste.
CREAMED OYSTER MUSHROOMS ON TOAST | THE INDEPENDENT | THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
MUSHROOMS ON TOAST RECIPE | CHATELAINE
3.4/5 (41)Category RecipesServings 4Total Time 20 mins
5 EASY AND DELICIOUS OYSTER MUSHROOM RECIPES - GROCYCLE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Mushrooms on Toast. One of the simplest yet best ways to enjoy your mushrooms! 200g Oyster mushrooms. A couple slices of good bread. Butter and/or Olive oil.
- Oyster Mushroom Stroganoff. This is a delicious way to turn your mushrooms into a rich, meaty gourmet dinner which is often served with rice or bread, but can be added to tagliatelle to turn it into a pretty special creamy mushroom pasta too.
- Thai Mushroom Soup. A remarkably simple, yet rewarding dish. You could use Thai green curry paste if you can’t lay your hands on some of the spices. 200g fresh Oyster Mushrooms.
- Mushroom Stir Fry. Quick, healthy & delicious – a Chinese inspired mushroom stir fry: 200g Oyster Mushrooms. 150g egg noodles. 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup. Ingredients (for 2) ~3 tbsp Olive Oil. ~1 tbsp Butter. ~3 Shallots, diced. ~2 Cloves Garlic, sliced. ~200g Oyster Mushrooms. ~100g Chestnut Mushrooms.
CREAMED OYSTERS AND LEEKS ON TOAST RECIPE - SUSAN SPICER ...
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the bread with 3 tablespoons of the butter and arrange the slices, buttered side up, on a large baking sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Cut the toasts in half diagonally.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the reserved oyster liquor and the wine and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat. Add the oysters and simmer over low heat until their edges start to curl, about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the oysters to a plate; reserve the oyster-poaching liquid.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat from the skillet and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the leeks, celery and onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the reserved oyster-poaching liquid, whisking constantly, until smooth. Simmer over low heat, whisking often, until no floury taste remains, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk, cream and thyme and simmer for 3 minutes longer, until thickened and creamy. Stir in the lemon juice, then season with salt, pepper and Tabasco. Fold in the oysters and cook just until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Arrange 2 toast halves on each of 10 plates. Spoon the creamed oysters on top, sprinkle with the bacon and serve at once.
CREAMED OYSTERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Bring water to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Place oysters in boiling water; remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Place oysters in a colander to drain, reserving 1 cup water. Set oysters and water aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, pepper, mace, and bay leaves. Gradually add milk and reserved 1 cup water; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add drained oysters, and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sherry. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve immediately over toast.
OYSTER MUSHROOM ON TOAST – FOREST ORIGINS
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
CREAMY MUSHROOMS ON TOAST - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
Ratings 22Calories 342 per servingCategory Breakfast, Lunch
CREAMED MUSHROOMS ON TOAST - MACHEESMO.COM
Reviews 12Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 2Total Time 20 mins
CREAMED MUSHROOMS ON TOAST | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
CREAMED MUSHROOMS ON CHIVE BUTTER TOAST – SMITTEN KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CREAMY MUSHROOM TOAST - THE TWIN COOKING PROJECT BY ...
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory BreakfastTotal Time 35 mins
MUSHROOMS ON TOAST — EVERGREEN KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
VEGAN OYSTER MUSHROOM NOODLE STIR-FRY - BEST OF VEGAN
MUSHROOM TOAST RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
ALL RECIPES VS CREAMED OYSTERS MUSHROOMS ON TOAST RECIPE ...
CREAMED OYSTERS MUSHROOMS ON TOAST RECIPES
OYSTERS FOR BREAKFAST: CREAMY OYSTERS COCK-A-CILLA AND TOAST
CREAMY WALNUT THYME MUSHROOMS ON TOAST RECIPE
CREAMED OYSTERS AND MUSHROOMS ON TOAST RECIPES
BOOZY LUXURIOUS MUSHROOMS ON TOAST – THE GOURMET GAYS
GARLICKY OYSTER MUSHROOMS – HOUSE OF FUNGI
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make creamy mushrooms on toast?Add the butter and lemon juice and stir well while the butter is melting to create a creamy sauce then take off the heat. Season to taste. Serve the creamy mushrooms on toast smeared with cream cheese (optional). Tired of not knowing what to cook?
What can I do with oyster mushrooms?More oyster mushroom recipes from around the web: One of the simplest yet best ways to enjoy your mushrooms! Slice your mushrooms to whatever size you want or just pull them apart into chunks in your hands. Heat a frying pan up to get it hot, drop a good knob of butter in and a tablespoon of olive oil and add the mushrooms.
How to cook mushrooms in a pan?Heat a large frying pan over high heat then add a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Fry the mushrooms in batches, until well-browned all over. Add all the mushrooms back to the pan with their resting juices and add the garlic, herbs and chilli flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
What do you do with creamed mushrooms?These creamed mushrooms could also be used as a topping for meatloaves, steaks, chops or steamed vegetables, or as a sauce for pasta. It also makes a tasty supper on nights when you get home too late to really feel like making or eating a full meal.