CREAMY NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP
When we lived in Norway we used to eat lots of fish...this recipe reminds me of a fish soup which was very common there. You can use other fish and shellfish. The potatoes and tomatoes are ingredients I have been adding over the years and listed them as optional.
Provided by PetsRus
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter, add the flour, stir for about 2 minutes without browning the flour.
- Add the fish stock at intervals, stirring all the time, let it boil gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the butter and saute the carrots and leek and potatoes, if using, for approx 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (if using) and simmer for another 5 minutes, then add the shrimps, mussels, fish and the cream.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, or until the fish and shellfish are tender.
- Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with sour cream and the lumpfish caviar.
BERGEN FISH SOUP
Editor's note: The recipe and introductory text below are reprinted from Andreas Viestad's book Kitchen of Light: New Scandinavian Cooking._Viestad also shared some helpful tips exclusively with Epicurious, which we've added at the bottom of the page. There are different, equally authentic ways of making this soup. The big schism is between those who like to thicken the soup with a combination of flour and cream, so it becomes like a chowder, and those who prefer it thin. I think it is easier to appreciate the unique sweet-and-sour freshness of the soup when it is made with only the minimum of thickener.
Provided by Andreas Viestad
Yield Makes 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Bring the fish stock to a boil in a large pot. Add the vegetables, reduce the heat, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- If you are using flour, whisk it together with the cream in a small bowl, add the cream to the soup, and bring to a boil. Add the sugar and vinegar to taste; the soup should have a subtle sweet-and-sour flavor. Add the veal stock, if using, and salt to taste. Add the fish and fish dumplings, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes, until the fish is just cooked.
- In the meantime, whisk together the egg yolks and sour cream in a small bowl. Pour the soup into bowls, dividing the fish and dumplings evenly. Gently stir 2 to 3 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture into each bowl. Sprinkle with chives, if desired, and serve.
More about "creamy norwegian fish soup recipes"
NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE (LOW CARB) - EASY AND DELISH
Ratings 5Calories 532 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add oil and cook onion and leek for about 3-4 minutes. Then add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring every now and then. Do not let brown! Transfer about half of the veggies to a blender cup; reserve.
- Add broth and cauliflower to the pot and let cook over high heat for about 8-10 minutes or until tender. Transfer all the cauliflower and about 1 cup of the broth to the blender with salt, pepper, cayenne, and heavy cream. Blend with half of the reserved cooked veggies until smooth. Pour back into the pot.
- Add the fish and carrots. Let cook over medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and stir in lemon juice. Garnish top of soup with fresh dill or chives. Serve fish soup by itself or with a hard-crusted bread.
CREAMY NORWEGIAN COD SOUP (TORSKESUPPE) - NORTH WILD …
Reviews 8Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BERGEN FISH SOUP (BERGENSK FISKESUPPE) - OUTSIDE OSLO
22+ AUTHENTIC NORWEGIAN RECIPES SHOULD TO BE BOOKMARKED IN …
CREAMY FISH CHOWDER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY SCANDINAVIAN SEAFOOD SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY FISH SOUP RECIPE | SIMPLE NORWEIGIAN FISH SOUP | QUICK FISH …
TRADITIONAL FINNISH SALMON SOUP - LOHIKEITTO - COOKING THE GLOBE
15 TRADITIONAL NORWEGIAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
7 MOST POPULAR NORWEGIAN SOUPS - TASTEATLAS
NORWEGIAN CREAMY SALMON FISH SOUP - A DELICIOUS RECIPE
CREAMY NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP – LITTLE SCANDINAVIAN
NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE - KAYLA MAGAZINE
CREAMY FISH SOUP RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
CREAMY FISH SOUP RECIPE - UNIQUE FISH PHOTO
FISH SOUP: DELICIOUS NORWEGIAN FISKESUPPE - SOUPTOUR
CREAMY NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WORLD BEST FISH COOKING RECIPES : CREAMY NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP
SLOW COOKER FISH CHOWDER SOUP - HOMEMADE & YUMMY
NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP – INSANE RECIPES
CREAMY NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM | FISH SOUP, SOUP …
KAVEY EATS » NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE
CREAMY FISH SOUP - NORDIK PINAY
CREAMY SALMON SOUP (FISKESUPPE MED LAKS) - NORTH WILD KITCHEN
NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP | SAVEUR
NORWEGIAN GOURMET FISH SOUP RECIPE - KAYLA MAGAZINE
CREAMY NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CREAMY NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE - YOUTUBE
NORWEGIAN CREAMY SOUP WITH SALMON - RECIPE
RECIPE: NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
CREAMY FISH SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CREAMY NORWEGIAN FISH SOUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
A TRADITIONAL RECIPE FOR FISKESUPPE, A CLASSIC SCANDINAVIAN FISH …
OUR TOP 20 CREAMY SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CREAMY FISH STEW RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
10 BEST NORWEGIAN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
NORWEGIAN FISKESUPPE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #very-low-carbs #bisques-cream-soups #soups-stews #seafood #scandinavian #easy #european #shrimp #fish #norwegian #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #mussels #low-in-something #freshwater-fish #catfish #shellfish
You'll also love