DEVILED CRAB BITES
This is based on a recipe by Margaret Dennis and Karen Gillingham in the Nov/Dec 1992 issue of Cooking Light. I think these are great appetizers.
Provided by mersaydees
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Add crabmeat, cracker crumbs, and green onions; stir well.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon crab mixture onto each cucumber slice, and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
DEVILISHLY GOOD DEVILED CRAB
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pick through the crabmeat to remove bits of cartilage etc. In a mixing bowl combine the crabmeat with the scallions, celery and bell pepper. (Make sure the green onions, celery and bell pepper are very finely chopped because they won't cook in the oven and you don't want their raw texture to be intrusive.) In a separate mixing bowl combine the mustard with the butter and cream. Combine the crabmeat mixture with the melted butter and cracker crumbs. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and Tabasco sauce to taste. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Top with additional cracker crumbs and bake for half an hour until the top has browned.
- Variation instead of combining crabmeat vegetables with the butter and cream combine it with 3/4 cup of evaporated skim milk mixed with 1 teaspoon dry mustard rather than the Dijon mustard.
CRAB CAKE BITES
These appetizer bites are a mini way to enjoy crab cakes for your next gathering. Crab, fresh chives and spices are folded into bread crumbs, shaped and baked for the perfect bite. Serve with lemon-garlic sauce for dipping.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, the egg, chives, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, seafood seasoning and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Fold in crabmeat and bread crumbs until well blended (mixture will be moist). Using measuring tablespoon, shape mixture into 36 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and hot in center. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together Lemon-Garlic Sauce ingredients until blended. Serve bites with sauce and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 190 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
DEVILED CRAB DIP
Because blue crabs are so plentiful in Maryland, we're always looking for new ways to enjoy them. This recipe is easy, elegant and delicious!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, lemon-pepper and pepper sauce. Stir in crab. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 calories, Fat 22g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 324mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 5g protein.
- Pick over the crab meat to remove cartilage and bone. Try not to break up the lumps. Put the crab in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the onion and celery. Cook until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add the onion and celery mixture and 1/2 cup each of mayonnaise and cheese to the crab meat. Add the parsley, lemon juice, sherry, pepper and Tabasco. Blend carefully so as not to break up the lumps of crab.
- If you are to serve this as a canape, spoon the mixture into 14 to 16 small scallop dishes. If it is to be served as a main course, spoon it into six large scallop shells.
- Blend the remaining two tablespoons of mayonnaise and one tablespoon of cheese. Spoon equal portions of this mixture over the tops of the crab and smooth it over. Place under the broiler until bubbling and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 131, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 274 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
This dish needs a bit of preparation due to the amount of chopping! But it's a great dish to make, the cayenne and mustard really give it flavour and bite.
Provided by seafoodandeatit
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the crab meat with the breadcrumbs, celery, onions and moisten with the butter and cream.
- Season with the mustard, salt, cayenne, parsley and sweet green pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pile the mixture into shells or flat individual dishes and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- In a large heavy skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and cayenne and cook until the mixture is smooth and bubbling, about five minutes.
- Whisk the raw egg yolk into the milk and add to the roux. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened and smooth. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, parsley, lemon juice and hard-cooked egg yolks. Gently fold in the crab meat. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spoon the mixture into small ramekins and sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Bake until the tops brown, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 309, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 470 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHEDDAR CRAB BITES
These are perfect for any occasion and everyone loves them. They also freeze well too so I can store some for later.-Elaine Anderson, New Galilee, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese spread, crab, butter, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Spread over muffin halves. , Place in two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each muffin half into quarters. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 51 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 148mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
ROBEY'S BLUE CRAB DEVILED EGGS
- Place eggs in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring water to a boil and remove saucepan from heat. Let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and peel.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. In a bowl, mash the yolks and mix with mayonnaise, paprika, mustard powder, and Old Bay seasoning. Fold in the crabmeat. Spoon the mixture evenly into the hollowed egg white halves. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.9 calories, Carbohydrate 0.7 g, Cholesterol 200.2 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 9.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 184.9 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except phyllo shells with spoon about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Place phyllo shells on cookie sheet. Fill each shell with about 1 tablespoon crab mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until shells are puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Appetizer, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "deviled crab bites recipes"
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 4-6Category Crab
- Combine the water, 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/8 teaspoon of the white pepper, and the bay leaf in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and stir to be sure the salt has dissolved completely. Reduce the heat to medium, add the rice, stir once, and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is just al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the rice, spread on a rimmed baking sheet, discarding the bay leaf, and cool to room temperature.
- Put the panko in a food processor and process until finely ground. You need 1 cup; discard any excess.
- Put the egg in a large bowl and beat it lightly. Add the ketchup, mayonnaise, hot sauce, miso, lemon juice, mustard, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the cayenne and mix well. Stir in the cooked rice, the celery, bell pepper, scallions, jalapeño, and fines herbes and combine thoroughly. Fold in the ground panko, then gently fold in the crab.
DEVILED CRABS RECIPE | KARDEA BROWN | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (4)Author Kardea BrownServings 12Category Appetizer
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED CRAB - BEST RECIPE | CHARLESTON MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | SAVEUR - RECIPES ARTICLES
DEVILED EGGS WITH CRABMEAT RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE CHARLESTON - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
210 DEVILED CRAB/ CRAB RECIPES IDEAS | CRAB RECIPES, SEAFOOD …
EASY DEVILED CRAB - IT'S DEVILISHLY DELICIOUS | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
TAJíN® CRAB BITES - TAJIN A UNIQUE BLEND OF MILD CHILI PEPPERS, …
11 IMITATION CRAB RECIPES WITH REAL SEAFOOD FLAVOR
HUSH PUPPY AND DEVILED CRAB BITES – THE RIGHT RECIPE
DEVILED CRAB CROQUETTES - RECIPES FOOD AND COOKING
DEVILED CRAB - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CRAB RED PEPPER BITES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CRAB DEVILED EGGS - BITESWITHAPPLEWHITE.COM
DEVILED CRAB LOUIS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE DEVILED CRAB CROQUETTES
DEVILED CRAB BOULES WITH BEURRE BLANC RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DEVILED CRAB BITES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
DEVILED CRAB MELTS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DEVILED EGGS WITH CRAB - BITESOFPLEASURE.COM
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE DEVILED CRAB | HANK SHAW
EASY DEVILED CRAB RECIPE | EATINGWELL
WHERE TO BUY DEVILED CRABS - THERESCIPES.INFO
MINI DEVILED CRAB CORNBREAD MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
DEVILED CRAB CAKES WITH SPICY CREOLE MAYONNAISE RECIPE - LOS …
WILLIAMS SEAFOOD DEVILED CRAB RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
KICKED-UP CRAB BITES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BAKED DEVILED CRAB RECIPE
DEVILED CRAB AND CHEESE ROLLS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DEVILED CRAB CAKES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DEVILED CRAB RECIPE EASY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #appetizers #seafood #easy #crab #shellfish #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can You bake deviled crab in the oven?Or, you can bake the deviled crab in small ovenproof dishes, too. Pulse the onion, celery and red bell pepper in a food processor until minced. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced vegetables and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Can I use crab shells to serve deviled crab?I like to serve deviled crab in little silver crab tins for a cool retro presentation, but if you’re getting fresh whole blue crabs, by all means, use the shells themselves.You can find more delicious recipes in Sean Brock's cookbook, South: Essential Recipes and New Explorations.
What do you put on deviled crab cakes?Crabmeat, breadcrumbs or crushed crackers, onion and celery, seasonings, and a little butter… OK, maybe a lot of butter. The result is substantial, tangy, herby, and yet the flavor of the crab still shines through. As with crab cakes, the best deviled crab is heavy on the crab and light on the filler.
What is deviled crab made of?Deviled Crab got its name from being known “as hot as the devil”. It’s made from crab of course, green peppers, onions, garlic (or sofrito), red pepper flakes and other spices.