CRISPY FRIED EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE)
- Peel eggplant and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add salt to egg and beat.
- Add cheese to breadcrumbs.
- Dip eggplant slices into cornstarch and shake off excess.
- Dip into egg.
- Press breadcrumb onto slices.
- Fry till golden.
- Salt to taste.
FRIED EGGPLANT PARMESAN
My dad made me eggplant parm one night and I thought, Hmm, I wonder if this would be good as a fried dish. Take this as a State Fair-style spin on a classically iconic Italian staple. This dish is quick and easy, and something anyone can do. You may think teens are lazy, but they'll come to life making this dish.
Provided by TeenChef99
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat canola oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Mix bread crumbs, flour, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Place eggs in a small bowl.
- Dip eggplant slices in the eggs, then the bread crumb mixture. Drop into oil a few slices at a time until breading turns golden brown, about 2 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
CRISPY FRIED EGGPLANT AND ZUCCHINI
My lifelong search for a good and crispy deep-fried eggplant recipe has been solved...with the addition of a secret ingredient: tapioca flour! These are so yummy and a great base to be tweaked into any flavor profile you wish. Interesting mix-ins could be sesame seeds with an Asian dipping sauce or cumin and cayenne and a salsa dip.
Provided by mkecupcakequeen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pulse bread crumbs in a food processor into a fine powder. Pour into a bowl; stir in 3 tablespoons tapioca starch.
- Place 1/2 cup tapioca starch and eggs in separate bowls.
- Dust each piece of eggplant and zucchini with tapioca starch; dip into the eggs and coat with bread crumb mixture. Arrange dredged vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches oil in a saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry vegetables in batches, turning occasionally, until golden and heated through, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Drizzle vinegar over vegetables. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top; season with salt. Serve with ranch dressing and lemon wedges.
CRISP FRIED EGGPLANT
- Put the cornstarch, the egg beaten with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the bread crumbs in separate small dishes. Dredge each eggplant slice in the cornstarch, coating it thoroughly and shaking off the excess, coat it with the egg mixture, and dredge it in the bread crumbs, pressing on the crumbs to make them adhere. Transfer the eggplant as it is coated to paper towels and let it dry slightly. In a deep heavy skillet fry the eggplant slices in batches in 1/2 inch of 375°F. oil for 1 minute on each side, or until they are golden brown, and transfer them with tongs to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle the eggplant lightly with the additional salt and serve it with the lemon wedges.
CRISPY BAKED EGGPLANT
This recipe is so quick and simple yet utterly delicious! If you like crispy food and eggplant, you're bound to like this one.
Provided by A Good Thing
Yield 10 slices, approx., 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, dried onion, and salt.
- In a shallow dish mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning (or just use Italian breadcrumbs).
- Brush eggplant slices with mayonnaise mixture and then coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place eggplant slices on a lightly oiled baking sheet or shallow baking dish.
- Bake in hot oven for about 12 to 15 minutes turning about half way through.
- (This is a take-off from a recipe I have on a CD called "One Million of the World's Best Recipes", 2000).
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Peel 2 small eggplants and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Put 1 cup flour in a shallow bowl, beat 4 eggs in another bowl and put 1 cup breadcrumbs in another. Coat the eggplant in flour, then egg (let any excess drip off), then breadcrumbs. Heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the eggplant in batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side (add more oil if necessary). Drain on a rack and sprinkle with salt.
TOMATOES WITH CRISP FRIED EGGPLANT AND BURRATA
- Place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate wide, shallow bowls. Working with 1 eggplant slice at a time, dredge in flour, then dip in egg and then breadcrumbs. Transfer to a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve tomatoes and toss with olive oil and torn basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1/4 inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add enough eggplant slices to fill but not crowd skillet and fry, flipping once, until deep golden brown and crunchy, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. (Lower heat slightly, if necessary.) Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on a clean wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet, and season with salt. Discard used oil and repeat process with fresh oil and remaining eggplant.
- Arrange eggplant and tomato mixture on a platter. Cut burrata in half, place next to tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Scatter remaining basil on top.
People also searched
More about "crisp fried eggplant recipes"
BEST CRISPY FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - THE COOKING FOODIE
2019-01-20 · Slice eggplant into 1 cm (0.4-inch) slices. Place them in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt. allow them to sit for 30 minutes to render some of their liquid and bitterness. 2. After 30 minutes wash eggplant slices …
- Slice eggplant into 1 cm (0.4-inch) slices. Place them in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt. allow them to sit for 30 minutes to render some of their liquid and bitterness.
- In a large bowl/plate place breadcrumbs and sesame seeds. In another bowl beat 2 eggs with pinch salt and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE AND EASY ITALIAN FRIED EGGPLANT
2016-08-29 · Pour in enough olive oil in a sauce pan so there is about 1/4 inch of olive oil in the pan. Heat to medium-high heat. Dip the eggplant in the flour (tap off excess), …
- Wash your eggplant, and remove skin if concerned over the use of pesticides. If organic, there is no need to peel.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch round slices and drain if you have the time. If draining, just lay slices in a strainer rather than cube them.
- Place the flour in a second bowl and mix the eggs in a third bowl. You can remove the yolks, and just use egg whites, but add in an extra egg.
CRISPY GREEK FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE (MELITZANES TIGANITES ...
2014-07-06 · Season with salt and pepper, cover the batter with some plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Dip the eggplant one at a time in batter and fry in plenty of hot oil on both sides until nicely coloured, for about 1-2 minutes. Remove the fried eggplant …
- To prepare this Greek fried eggplant recipe, start by preparing the eggplant. Wash the eggplant thoroughly, remove the stalks and ends and slice in slices (approx. 0.5-0.7cm) or lengthwise. Place the eggplant in a colander and salt generously. Set aside to drain for 30-60 minutes. Rinse with plenty of water, squeeze to get rid of the excessive water and pat them dry. Leave aside to dry completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the batter for the fried eggplant. Pour the beer in a large bowl and add the flour (sifted) a little bit at a time whilst whisking, being careful not to get lumpy. The batter should be liquid but firm enough to use for coating. So if it’s getting too firm, use less flour than this recipe calls for. Season with salt and pepper, cover the batter with some plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dip the eggplant one at a time in batter and fry in plenty of hot oil on both sides until nicely coloured, for about 1-2 minutes. Remove the fried eggplant using a slotted spoon and place on some paper towel to dry. Repeat with the rest.
HOW TO MAKE FRIED EGGPLANT | TASTE OF HOME
2019-11-07 · Slice off the bottom and the top of the eggplant. Slice the eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle both sides generously with salt. Allow them to sit for 45 minutes to an hour, until you see big drops of water on the surface of the slices.
CRISPY EGGPLANT FRIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Roll the eggplant pieces in the flour, shake off any excess, and then dip into egg mixture. Let excess egg drip off before rolling the strips in the breadcrumbs to coat. Fry the coated eggplant …
CRISP FRIED EGGPLANT | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
Combine the flour and panko in another large shallow bowl. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg mixture, then the flour and panko mixture, shaking off excess after each dip. Working in batches, fry the eggplant slices, turning once, until golden and crispy on both …
See details »
EASY FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
2020-02-14 · Transfer coated eggplant to a wire rack and allow the coating to set 20 minutes. Heat 1/2 inch oil in a heavy bottom, skillet with straight sides 2 inches tall, to 375degrees. Fry the eggplant …
- In a small shallow bowl, beat the egg with 1/4 teaspoon salt. In 2 more separate shallow dishes, pour the cornstarch and panko breadcrumbs. Dredge each slice of eggplant in cornstarch, coating it thoroughly then gently tapping off excess, then in egg mixture, then in the panko crumbs, pressing them to help them stick. Transfer coated eggplant to a wire rack and allow the coating to set 20 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in a heavy bottom, skillet with straight sides 2 inches tall, to 375degrees. Fry the eggplant slices in batches, for 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel-lined baking sheet. Season with additional salt and pepper. Over hot eggplant, squeeze lemon wedges, or top with marinara sauce or mozzarella if using, and serve.
CRISPY BAKED EGGPLANT — IT'S OVEN FRIED, SO FORGET THE ...
2009-09-02 · Place the breaded eggplant slices on a cookie sheet that you thinly coated with oil (or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.) Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Flip the eggplant and bake for …
- Spread the eggplant out over a cookie sheet. Sprinkle liberally with salt and wait 15-20 minutes. The salt will draw out water from the eggplant and you will see water start pooling up on top of the eggplant. After 15-20 minutes, use a paper towel to dry off the water — this will also remove some of the excess salt.
- Set up a breading station — flour, eggs, and bread crumbs. Dip the eggplant into the flour and shake off the excess. You only need a thin layer of flour. Then dip into the egg and then the bread crumbs. Evenly coat the eggplant with breadcrumbs.Place the breaded eggplant slices on a cookie sheet that you thinly coated with oil (or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.)
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Flip the eggplant and bake for another 10 minutes. Eggplant should be brown and crispy.
CRISPY EGGPLANT FRIES | FRIED EGGPLANT APPETIZER ...
2021-02-01 · Peel and cut the eggplant into 1/2 inch slices lengthwise. Stack the eggplant slices and cut into strips that resemble the size of french fries. You’ll want these a little on the thicker side because …
- Peel and cut the eggplant into 1/2 inch slices lengthwise. Stack the eggplant slices and cut into strips that resemble the size of french fries. You’ll want these a little on the thicker side because they will fall apart if they are sliced too thin.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl or plate and the egg wash into another shallow bowl or plate. Dip a strip of eggplant into the egg wash, letting the excess drop off and then into the breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere to the eggplant strip. Repeat with the remaining eggplant strips.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. You’ll want just enough oil to coat the bottom of your skillet in a thin layer. Add the breaded eggplant in a single layer to the skillet, with enough room around them so that they brown properly. Don’t overcrowd the skillet or the eggplant won’t get crispy.
- Cook the eggplant strips, turning as they cook, for about 5 minutes until all sides are brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and season with salt and parmesan cheese. Repeat with the remaining eggplant.
BEST CRISPY KETO FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - ALMOND FLOUR AND ...
2020-03-19 · Crispy Keto Fried Eggplant Recipe. Author: Leigh Oskwarek; Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 25 minutes; Yield: 28 Pieces (1 Piece Per Serving) 1 x; Print Recipe. Save Recipe Description. This recipe for Keto/Low Carb Fried Eggplant is easy to make and can be cooked several ways. Made with Almond Flour they are crispy …
4-INGREDIENT ITALIAN FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE WITHOUT BREAD ...
2018-08-24 · This Italian Fried Eggplant is simple to make in 5 easy steps: Wash the eggplant and dry them. Cut them with a serrated knife. Salt them to sweat out the brown, bitter juice. Dredging station: …
- Wash and dry eggplant. Cut of the stems at both ends. Using a sharp, serrated knife, or a Mandoline cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch round pieces leaving the skin on.
- Lie the eggplant slices onto a large platter slightly overlapping. Sprinkle salt onto eggplant. Layer if needed but, salt each layer. When done, let eggplant rest for 15 so the brown, bitter juice can "sweat out."
- Meanwhile, heat the oil on med/high heat in a large frying pan and make the dredging station: Put flour onto a paper plate (easier clean up) and the beaten eggs into a shallow bowl. Line a platter with two paper towels for draining the fried eggplant.
- When eggplant slices are done sweating out the bitter, brown juice, dip them in this order: first in the flour and then dunk them in the eggs until fully coated with egg on both sides and then in the frying pan. Repeat these steps. The next step talks more about frying.
CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT | AIR FRYER EATS
2021-01-20 · Wash your eggplant and slice off the ends. Slice your medium eggplant into ¼ inch pieces. Place eggplant on a lipped cookie sheet. Salt the eggplant and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash your eggplant and slice off the ends. Slice your medium eggplant into 1/4 inch pieces. Place eggplant on a lipped cookie sheet. Salt the eggplant and let it sit for 15 minutes. Flip the eggplant slices and salt again. Let sit again for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, set aside. In a another small bowl mix panko and Italian Seasoning. Dip each eggplant piece into the egg mixture, followed by the panko mixture to coat. Make sure you do both sides.
- Then you are going to flip over each eggplant piece and cook for an additional 4 minutes at 380F/193C.
CRISPY FRIED EGGPLANT WITH HOMEMADE HARISSA - SOUL&STREUSEL
2020-05-25 · Arrange two plates. Add the cornstarch mixture to one and the panko crumbs to the other. Heat up a pan with oil to fry. One at a time, dip the eggplant slices into the cornstarch until thoroughly coated on both sides. Then dip the slice into the panko crumbs. Fry until golden and crispy, 1-2 minutes on each side. Plate.
RECIPE - CRISPY ITALIAN EGGPLANT SALAD
Crispy slices of panko-fried eggplant, rich mounds of burrata cheese and juicy pops of tomatoes make for a hot and cold, crisp and creamy new-school take on eggplant parm. 1 Slice eggplant into ½-inch (1-cm) slices (there should be 10 to 12 slices) and place in a colander in the sink. Sprinkle with ...
See details »
"STIR-FRIED EGGPLANT PAPRIKA WITH MISO" RECIPE! CRISPY AND ...
2021-07-31 · Introducing the "stir-fried eggplant paprika with miso" recipe that combines eggplant and paprika. You can enjoy the juicy eggplant and crispy paprika texture. Stir-fried eggplant paprika with miso Ingredients (for 2 people) 1 paprika, 2 eggplants, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil 1/2 tablespoon of miso and sugar 1/2 teaspoon of ground sesame and ...
See details »
EASY EGGPLANT PARMESAN (BAKED, NOT FRIED) - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
2021-07-29 · Ingredients in Eggplant Parmesan (and substitutions) Eggplant – grab two large, or three medium eggplants for this recipe. Eggs; Milk – whole, low fat, skim, or plant-based will work here. Italian seasoning; Panko breadcrumbs – or regular breadcrumbs, or seasoned breadcrumbs (if using seasoned, omit any added salt and Italian seasoning). Gluten free breadcrumbs may also be used, or a low ...
See details »
CRISP FRIED EGGPLANT | EPICURIOUS | RECIPE | FRIED ...
Dec 1, 2016 - An easy Crisp Fried Eggplant that can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. Dec 1, 2016 - An easy Crisp Fried Eggplant that can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. Dec 1, 2016 - An easy Crisp Fried Eggplant that can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. Pinterest. Today. Explore. Log in. Sign up. Explore • Food And Drink • Vegetable Recipes • Eggplant. ...
See details »
CRISPY EGGPLANT FINGERS/FRIED EGGPLANT STICKS RECIPE BY ...
Hello friends, Welcome back to my channel. Today's recipe is Crispy eggplant fingers / fried eggplant sticks/ brinjal fry..... an easy snack recipe for kids...
See details »
LIDIA BASTIANICH CRISPY FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE
Lidia bastianich crispy fried eggplant recipe. Learn how to cook great Lidia bastianich crispy fried eggplant . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Lidia bastianich crispy fried eggplant recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Lidia bastianich crispy fried eggplant recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite ...
See details »
10 BEST VEGAN FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-21 · Crispy Greek Fried Eggplant recipe (Melitzanes tiganites) My Greek Dish. eggplant, salt, flour, vegetable oil, beer, freshly ground pepper. Stir-fried Eggplant Blondie's Cakes and Things. green onion, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, squirt, Sriracha hot sauce and 2 more. Chinese Stir-Fried Eggplant and Green Beans hannah chia. vegetable oil, green beans, salt, ginger, ground white …
See details »
CRISP FRIED EGGPLANT - TFRECIPES.COM
An easy Crisp Fried Eggplant that can be prepared in 45 minutes or less. Recipe From epicurious.com. Categories Appetizer Side Fry Quick & Easy Eggplant Gourmet Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher. Yield Serves 2 as a …
See details »