CRISPY ROAST DUCK
- Remove the duck's giblets and wash them. Cut off any greenish parts from the livers and discard, then roughly chop the rest. Quarter the crops (the gullet), slicing any very red flesh away from the white sinew, which should be discarded. Put all bits and pieces into a large roasting tin.
- Cut off the parson's nose from each duck and add to the tin. Remove the wings: hold and pull on a wing, turning the skin back so you can see inside to where the wing is attached to the shoulder bone. Cut between the bones to release the wing, then cut around it from the skin side to remove it. Repeat with all wings and add them to the tin.
- Turn one of the ducks on to its breast. Cut down each side of the backbone, using a very sharp, sturdy kitchen knife and/or game scissors. Remove the backbone, then turn the duck the other way up and cut down each side of the breastbone, keeping the blade close to the bone so you don't cut away any breast meat. Put all the bones into the tin and repeat with the other ducks.
- Remove any lumps of fat from inside the duck and set aside. Cut off any flappy bits of skin and discard. Wash the duck halves then pat very dry. Prick the skin all over, especially the thick, fatty areas, then sprinkle with fine sea salt.
- Preheat the oven to 230C/Gas 8/fan oven 210C. Arrange the duck halves skin-side up on a rack set inside a large roasting tin. Roast for 11⁄4-11⁄2 hours, or until the skin is crisp and dark golden. You will need to drain off the fat that accumulates once or twice: pour it straight into the tin if you're going to roast potatoes, otherwise into a heatproof bowl.
- Leave the duck to rest for 10-15 minutes, serve with the gravy and veg (see 'Goes well with' recipes, right).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130 calories, Fat 112 grams fat, SaturatedFat 35 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 52 grams protein, Sodium 0.95 milligram of sodium
CRISP ROAST DUCK
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425°F.
- If necessary, cut off wing tips with poultry shears or a sharp knife. Remove and discard excess fat from body cavity and neck, then rinse duck inside and out. Prick skin all over with a sharp fork. Fold neck skin under body, then put duck, breast side up, on a rack in a 13- by 9- by 3-inch roasting pan.
- Pour boiling-hot water over duck to tighten skin.
- Cool duck, then pour out any water from cavity into pan.
- Pat duck dry inside and out, reserving water in pan, then rub duck inside and out with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast duck, breast side up, 45 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Turn duck over using 2 wooden spoons, and roast 45 minutes more.
- Turn duck over again (breast side up), tilting duck to drain any liquid from cavity into pan. Continue to roast duck until skin is brown and crisp, about 45 minutes more (total roasting time: about 2 1/4 hours).
- Tilt duck to drain any more liquid from cavity into pan. Transfer duck to a cutting board and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Discard liquid in roasting pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2294.1, Fat 223.3, SaturatedFat 75, Cholesterol 431.3, Sodium 2105.3, Carbohydrate 0.4, Fiber 0.1, Protein 65.3
- Unwrap the ducks and allow them to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. With a fork, prick the skin without piercing the meat. This will allow the fat to drain off while the ducks cook.
- Meanwhile, in a very large stock pot which can hold the 2 ducks, heat the chicken broth with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt until it boils. Add the ducks very carefully and bring the stock back to a boil. If there isn't enough stock to cover the ducks, add the hottest tap water to cover. If the ducks float to the top, place a plate on top to keep them immersed. When the stock comes back to a boil, lower the heat and simmer the ducks in the stock for 45 minutes.
- When the ducks are finished simmering, skim off enough duck fat from the top of the stock to pour a film on the bottom of a 14 by 18 by 3-inch roasting pan. This will keep the ducks from sticking when they roast. Carefully take the ducks out of the stock, holding them over the pot to drain. Place them in the roasting pan, pat the skin dry with paper towels, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. If you have time, allow the ducks to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the skin to dry.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. (Be sure your oven is very clean or it will smoke!) Roast the ducks for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to rest, covered with aluminum foil, for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
I made this last year out of the blue, and my whole family enjoyed it. We had never had duck before, and it was a nice exchange for the traditional turkey. We served it with all the usual side dishes.
Provided by Rhonda Brock Fuller
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Rub salt, pepper, and paprika into the skin of the duck. Place in a roasting pan.
- Roast duck in preheated oven for 1 hour. Spoon 1/4 cup melted butter over bird, and continue cooking for 45 more minutes. Spoon remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over duck, and cook for 15 more minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 624.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 280 mg, Fat 45.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 51.8 g, SaturatedFat 20.3 g, Sodium 1538.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
CRISPY ROAST DUCK
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Trim ducks: with a sharp knife, cut away excess fat and skin from both ends of ducks. (Render fat for another use or discard.)
- Salt cavity of each duck. Prick each duck all over with a fork, about 30 times. Place them on a rack set in a large roasting pan and roast 1 hour. Prick ducks all over and turn on one side. Repeat pricking ducks all over and turn onto second side. Repeat two more times. After four hours, increase heat to 350 degrees F.
- Continue to roast 30 to 90 minutes more, pricking and turning once, according to taste: 1) For very juicy, slightly crisp ducks: Roast 15 minutes, prick and turn, and roast 15 minutes more. 2) For juicy, crisp ducks: Roast 30 minutes, prick and turn, and roast 30 minutes more. 3) For slightly drier, very crisp ducks: Roast 45 minutes, prick and turn, and roast 45 minutes more.
- Remove ducks to a carving board and let them sit 15 minutes, loosely covered. Simply cut ducks in half and serve half a duck per person; or carefully remove breast and legs from bone, making sure to keep skin intact, and cut them into 1/2-inch wide pieces. Generously season with salt and pepper before serving.
More about "crisp roast duck recipes"
CHINESE ROAST DUCK (烤鴨) | OH MY FOOD RECIPES
5/5 (95)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 351 per serving
- In a mixing bowl, add marinate sauce: soy sauce 1/2 cup, hoisin sauce 1/2 cup, dark soy sauce 2 tablespoons, water 1 cup, garlic 2 cloves grind, ginger 3 slices grind, anise 3, clove 3, and five spices 1/8 teaspoon.
- After that, put the whole duck into the marinated sauce for few hours (the best result is overnight). Try to flip the other side after a few hours.
- Preheated the oven for 375 F. Then, put the duck on a cake stand like a bundt cake mold to roast a chicken from previous recipe.
CHRISTMAS DUCK RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER POULTRY RECIPES
Cuisine BritishCategory Lunch & Dinner RecipesServings 10Total Time 3 hrs
- Cut the oranges in half and set aside for stuffing the duck.Put everything on a board with one tablespoon of sea salt and chop it all up.
A CRISPY DELICIOUS ROAST DUCK RECIPE | ROASTING DUCK
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 880 per serving
- Remove the excess fat from inside and outside of the duck. Season the cavity and skin to taste with salt and pepper. Prick the skin all over with a fork. Put the saved oranges inside the cavity. Put the onion slices on a roasting pan and cover with a rack. Put the duck on the rack.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. While the duck is roasting, combine half the orange juice and the honey. Baste the duck, then pour off any excess fat. Prick the skin again, then pour the orange juice and honey mixture over the duck.
- Continue roasting and basting the duck. Skim off any excess fat every 15-20 minutes. Roast for 1 1/2 hours, or until the bird is crisp and dark golden brown and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into a thigh. Move the duck to a serving platter, tented with foil.
CRISPY WHOLE ROAST DUCK - GASTROSENSES
4.8/5 (6)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
- Completely defrost the duck in the refrigerator for 1-2 days, if using frozen. Once defrosted, rinse and pat dry. For best results, let the duck sit uncovered in the refrigerator overnight. This will help to dry and crisp the skin.
- Use a sharp knife to score the skin on the duck's breast in a diamond pattern, trying to cut only the skin without reaching the breast meat below. Cut off excess fat and poke the bird all over with a knife. Only prick the skin, don't hit the meat.
- Season the duck all over with salt, including the cavity. Stuff the cavity with garlic, shallots, lemon, apple and prunes. Use 2-3 toothpicks to sew the skin around the cavity opening tightly together, to keep the inside moist during roasting. Cross the legs and tie them together with a cooking twine. Fold the wings under the duck.
- Place the bird on the roasting pan and cook at 300 F for 1 hour, breast side up. After 1 hour, remove the bird and prick the skin all over again. Flip the duck breast side down and roast for another hour. Continue doing this process of poking and flipping the bird every hour for 3 hours.
ROAST DUCK | DUCK RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Duck RecipesCalories 734 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/gas 4. Peel the onion, cut into wedges and place in a roasting tray with the giblets and a splash of water.
- Rub the duck all over with 1 tablespoon of oil, 1 tablespoon of Chinese five-spice and a really good pinch of sea salt.
- Halve the clementine and place in the cavity, then sit the duck directly on the bars of the oven, with the tray of onions and giblets underneath to catch the tasty fat.
CLASSIC CRISPY ROAST DUCK RECIPE - NORTHFORK
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
CRISP ROAST DUCK RECIPE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.5/4 (122)Servings 4 See details »
ROASTED WHOLE DUCK - BASIC RECIPE FOR CRISPY SKIN | MAPLE ...
See details »
CRISPY ROAST DUCK RECIPE - THE HEDGECOMBERS
Reviews 4Servings 6Cuisine Chinese, MexicanCategory Main Course
- Pat the duck dry with paper towels. To get a really crispy skin, do make sure there is no moisture left on the bird.
- Rub the salt (and spice blend if using) into the skin of the entire bird. Don't forget the wings, legs and the sides of the duck. The salt will really help crisp the skin up.
- Place the duck on a rack in a roasting tin, and roast for one hour. The rack will allow airflow around the bird, ensuring extra crispy skin.
SLOW ROASTED DUCK WITH CRISPY SKIN - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF ...
4.9/5 (10)Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 500 per serving
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the port, raspberry jam, and balsamic vinegar with the orange slices which were under the duck. Add a couple of dashes of chipotle powder.
CRISPY ROAST DUCK WITH PANCAKES & DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE ...
Servings 4Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsCategory DuckPublished 2016-03-22
- Cut off and discard the flap of fat that hangs over the entrance to the duck’s body cavity. Pat the inside of the cavity with kitchen paper, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the duck on a rack set over a roasting tin and roast for 160°C/Gas 3 for 1 hour then turn the oven down to 140°C/Gas 1 and cook for a further 2½–3 hours, until the flesh is really tender and the skin crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce. Place a small saucepan over a medium heat and add a dash of oil. When hot, fry the garlic until tender but not colouring.
- When the duck has rested, heat the pancakes according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, flake the meat off the duck by pulling it apart with two forks.
CHINESE CUISINE: ROAST CRISPY DUCK RECIPE - RECIPEMATIC
Cuisine ChinaTotal Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory Main Courses, PoultryCalories 130 per serving
- #This dish can be served as a main course for 4 or as an appetizer for 6.# Wash the duck and pat it dry on a clean cloth. Ease the finger between the skin and flesh of the duck, starting at the neck end and working the length of the bird.
- Put a stick or large skewer through the neck and the cavity of the duck to wedge it securely. This will make the duck easier to handle. Hold the duck over the sink and pour boiling water all over it. Pat the duck dry.
- Melt half the maltose and dissolve in the water. Stand the duck on a rack over a deep tray. Slowly pour the maltose liquid over the duck. Pour the maltose liquid over the duck 3 or 4 times. Leave the duck in a cool place for 6-8 hours, or overnight, until the skin is dry.
- Remove the skewer. Stand the duck on a rack in a roasting pan. Preheat the oven to 400°F and cook for 30 minutes. Turn over and cook the underside for a further 30 minutes.
ROAST CRISP DUCK RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Category Whole DuckServings 2-3Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- Wash duck with cold water. Dry it well. Salt inside and out. Sprinkle lemon juice in cavity and rub skin with lemon juice too. If duck is fresh killed, refrigerate it for 1 or 2 days.
- Place orange, apple and onion in cavity of duck. These will be removed after roasting and discarded. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Truss bird by bringing cord under back and around sides of breasts, under tail, and then tie around legs. Place duck on a rack in an open roasting pan and cook for 1 hour.
- Set oven up to 400°F and roast 30 to 60 minutes more. During this time, turn bird for even browning and baste with orange juice.
ROAST DUCK RECIPE - JULIA'S ALBUM
4.9/5 (341)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 2862 per serving
- If you purchased frozen duck, make sure to defrost the frozen duck in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Once the duck is completely defrosted (in the refrigerator), take the duck out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking to bring it more or less to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. You will be roasting the duck for a total of 3 hours (3 hours will be divided into 4 time chunks where you will be flipping the duck, brushing it with glaze, etc. - see the instructions below).
- Remove the giblets from inside the duck. Rinse the duck, inside and outside, with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the bird breast side up on a large roasting pan with a rack (roasting pan should have a roasting rack to lift the duck from the bottom of the pan and allow the fat to drip below the duck). Roast the duck, breast side up, for 1 hour at 350 F.
SOPHIE GRIGSON'S CRISP SLOW-ROAST DUCK | CHINESE RECIPES ...
3.2/5 (164)Category Dinner,Main CourseCuisine ChineseTotal Time 2 hrs 40 mins See details »
CANTONESE ROAST DUCK - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
ROASTED DUCK - MOIST AND SCRUMPTIOUS - DISHES DELISH
5/5 (23)Category DinnerCuisine PoultryCalories 375 per serving See details »
CRISPY DUCK | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
Servings 4-6 See details »
CRISP ROAST DUCK RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | ROASTED DUCK ...
See details »
CRISPY LEAF ROASTED DUCK FAT POTATOES - PETER'S FOOD ...
See details »
SLOW ROAST DUCK LEGS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR GRAVY | KRUMPLI
See details »
CRISPY DUCK RECIPES ROASTED, FRIED, CHINESE CRISPY PEKING ...
See details »
CRISPY ROAST DUCK RECIPE
See details »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #easy #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #duck #whole-duck #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love