TEXAS DEER CHILI
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. Transfer to a slow cooker and stir together with chiles, beans, broth oregano, cumin, salt and paprika. Cook on medium 4 to 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.6 g, Cholesterol 107 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 7.3 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 815.8 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
VENISON CHILI FROM THE LAND
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the olive oil and bacon and cook until the bacon renders its fat, about 4 minutes. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Pat the venison dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In batches, cook the meat in the Dutch oven until browned all over, about 6 minutes per batch. Remove the meat to a plate as it browns.
- Once all of the meat is out of the pot, add the onion, bell pepper, green chilies, and garlic and cook until the onion and pepper begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and chipotle powder and cook until the vegetables are coated with the spices, about 1 minute. Pour in the beer, bring to a boil, and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beef broth, chopped chipotle and chipotle sauce, brown sugar, and cocoa powder. Bring to a simmer and add the bacon and venison back. Simmer the stew, partially covered, until the meat is tender and the sauce is thick and flavorful, 1 1/2 hours to 1 hour and 45 minutes, uncovering for the last half an hour. If the meat is tender but the sauce is too thin, simmer rapidly over high heat for a minute or two to reduce, stirring to keep the bottom from burning.
DRUNK DEER CHILI
When I cook, I usually just throw stuff together and there it is. I got so many requests for this chili recipe, I had to write it down to be able to share it with others.
Provided by Ja
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the venison, beef, and pork in the melted butter until completely browned. Add the onion and jalapeno; cook until tender. Season with chili powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin.
- Stir in the stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic and beef bouillon. Pour the bourbon, beer, and water into the mixture and stir. Bring the chili to a boil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 1 hour, stirring frequently.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 108.4 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 868.5 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
CRISTY'S DELICIOUS DEER CHILI
Best chili recipe ever, so simple and easy to make! I use deer meat, but any ground meat or canned chicken can be substituted.
Provided by cmbiles
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Brown the meat in a large pot. *Drain only if using beef.
- Add the diced onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning and let cook with the meat for about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, both cans of beans, and the chili powder.
- Stir and simmer for about an hour.
TEXAS DEER CHILI
I addapted this recipe from several others I had found online. It is written to include venison and beef but you can use any combination of meat you prefer.
Provided by Lacy S.
Yield 1 1/2 Quarts, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Place shortening in a pot and melt over medium high heat.
- Brown venison and beef together with the onion and garlic in the shortening.
- Add water, tomato sauce and spices and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce the heat and cover. Simmer until the mixture begins to thicken or about 45 minutes.
- Add "first addition" spices and 2 cups water to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer until the mixture begins to thicken or about 45 minutes.
- Add "second addition" spices and 2 cups water to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer until the mixture begins to thicken or about 30 minutes.
- We serve our chili with shredded cheese, diced onions, sour cream and sliced avocados but you can add whatever you like!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.3, Fat 20.5, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 112.1, Sodium 679.2, Carbohydrate 11.1, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 3.4, Protein 33.2
More about "cristys delicious deer chili recipes"
THE 6 BEST VENISON CHILI RECIPES - PETERSEN'S HUNTING
BEST DEER CHILI RECIPE EVER - THE CAGLE DIARIES
DEER CHILI - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
SIMPLY DELICIOUS DEER CHILI RECIPE, YOU MUST TRY » MID'S
THE MOST MIND BLOWING DEER CHILI RECIPE - WIDE OPEN …
SMOKY SLOW COOKER VENISON CHILI - ONE SWEET MESS
RED-HOT-SWEETIE GROUND VENISON CHILI AND CORN DODGERS - RIFLES …
VENISON CHILI – SLOW COOKER + STOVETOP DIRECTIONS
EASY VENISON CHILI WITH TONS OF FLAVOR! - FANTABULOSITY
RECIPE: DELICIOUS DEER MEAT CHILI
AWARD-WINNING VENISON CHILI - MISS ALLIE'S KITCHEN
CRISTY'S DELICIOUS DEER CHILI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
30 EASY AND TASTY DEER MEAT CHILI RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
BEST SLOW COOKER VENISON (DEER) CHILI (NO BEANS)
30 EASY AND TASTY DEER CHILI RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
CHARLIE'S DELICIOUS VENISON CHILI | RIFLES AND RECIPES
DELICIOUS AND EASY VENISON CHILI RECIPE - DEER & DEER HUNTING
THE WORLD'S BEST DEER CHILI - MOSSY OAK
CROCK POT CHILI RECIPE BY CHRISTY - FOOD NEWS
DELICIOUS VENISON RECIPES: VENISON CHILI
DELICIOUS VENISON RECIPES: DELAWARE INDIAN DEER LIVER WITH ONIONS
BEST VENISON CHILI - MODERN FARMHOUSE EATS
VENISON CHILI RECIPE LIST: 5 PICKS TO MAKE FOR YOUR NEXT MEAL
DELICIOUS AND EASY VENISON CHILI RECIPE - GUN DIGEST
DELICIOUS VENISON CHILI RECIPE - MINCERECIPES.INFO
JD'S DELUXE DEER CHILI - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY VENISON SKILLET CHILI - A RANCH MOM
CRISTY'S DELICIOUS DEER CHILI | DAPHNE SALANG | COPY ME THAT
DELICIOUS VENISON CHILI | DEER MEAT RECIPES, DEER RECIPES, VENISON …
DEER MEAT - CROCK POT VENISON CHILI - LOVE TO EAT BLOG
DELICIOUS AND EASY VENISON CHILI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VENISON CHILI RECIPE - PODUNK LIVING
DELICIOUS VENISON CHILI | VENISON RECIPES, DEER MEAT ... - PINTEREST
VENISON CHILI (EASY, AMAZINGLY RICH & TASTY CHILI ... - BAKE IT WITH …
QUICK & HEARTY VENISON CHILI RECIPE - THIRTYSOMETHINGSUPERMOM
EASY PEASY DEER CAMP VENISON CHILI - HUNT TO EAT
VENISON CHILI - LITTLE RUSTED LADLE
VENISON CHILI RECIPE | THERE'S JUST ONE MOMMY
FAVORITE VENISON CHILI RECIPES OF OUTDOOR CHANNEL STARS
CELEBRATE DEER SEASON WITH THE BEST 10 VENISON CHILI RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make venison chili with ground deer?Learn how to make award-winning venison chili with ground deer or elk meat you have in the freezer. Simple, flavorful, and well-balanced. Begin by heating the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook until the onions start to brown on the edges, about 5-7 minutes.
What is the best way to make chili with onions?Heat oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onions, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until vegetables have softened, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
How do you cook with chili powder?In a Dutch oven or stock pot, heat oil in over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onions, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, chipotle chili powder, thyme, coriander, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until vegetables have softened, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
How to make the best chili sauce at home?Stir in the onions, garlic, and jalapeño pepper and continue to cook until tender and translucent. Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, adobo sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Cook for about 10 minutes.