CROCK POT COQ AU VIN
- Peel and slice garlic cloves. Cut chicken into pieces, or use thighs. Put in large bowl with bay leaves, thyme, and garlic. Pour enough wine over chicken to cover. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Dice bacon. Fry until crisp. Remove to paper towel. Saute mushrooms in bacon drippings, adding oil or butter if needed, until they begin to brown.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Brown chicken pieces in oil or butter, on all sides.
- Peel and slice carrots into 1/2 inch pieces. Put onions and carrots in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken, mushrooms and bacon . Stir tomato paste into 2 cups of wine marinade (with garlic pieces and bay leaves) and pour over all. Discard remaining marinade. Cover and cook on low setting 6 hours.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm. Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and add to sauce. Turn to high and cook until thickened. (You may want to use more cornstarch, depending on how thick you want gravy.) Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Return chicken to pot and serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
CROCK POT COQ AU VIN (CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE)
- Place butter, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, onions, wine, thyme, and bay leaf in crock pot.
- Combine chicken broth and flour; pour mixture into crock pot, and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5-6 hours.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Serve over rice.
COQ AU VIN (CROCK POT)
I've always heard of this recipe and it sounds delicious but making it this weekend will be the first time I've tried it. My crock pot bit the dust the other day and the new one I purchased had a recipe book tucked inside the pot. (what a nice surprise!) This happens to be one of the recipes.
Provided by txgammi
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In large skillet saute the diced bacon and green onions until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove and drain well.
- Add chicken breasts to the skillet and brown them well on both sides.
- Remove chicken and set it aside.
- Put the onion, mushrooms, new-potatoes and garlic in crock pot.
- Add browned chicken breasts, bacon and green onions, salt, pepper, thyme and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
- Add Burgundy Wine during last hour of cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.5, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 50.9, Sodium 568.2, Carbohydrate 44, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 3.2, Protein 21.9
WHITE WINE COQ AU VIN
Coq au Vin is a chicken dish typically made with red wine. This wonderful white wine version was created in our home economists.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; boil 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside. , In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels., Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in drippings; remove and keep warm. Add onions and mushrooms to drippings; saute until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Combine flour and broth; stir into onion mixture. Add the wine, bay leaf and thyme; bring to a boil. Return chicken and bacon to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°., Remove chicken and keep warm. Cook sauce over medium heat until slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 672 calories, Fat 37g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 141mg cholesterol, Sodium 1093mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 47g protein.
REESE WITHERSPOONS CROCK POT COQ AU VIN
This was posted on the Ellen Degeneres website.I havent tried it yet but it looks like something I would like.
Provided by ChefDebs
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over med/high heat until crisp.Using a slotted spoon, transfer it to a 4 to 6 quart crockpot. Add the chicken to the skillet and brown all over on med high heat. Transfer to crockpot.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up any brown bits; add to the cooker, along with the mushrooms, onions,garlic, rosemary and salt.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Transfer the chicken, bacon and vegetables to a platter, keep warm.
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan.
- combine the water and cornstarch, stir into the sauce and heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens ,about 5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1038.1, Fat 74.1, SaturatedFat 22, Cholesterol 309.2, Sodium 974.8, Carbohydrate 8.6, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 2.4, Protein 76.4
CROCK POT COQ AU VIN
Got this recipe from my SIL's cookbook, "Homemade in Half the Time" by Shea Waggoner. She made it first, but without the mushrooms because she hates them, and using chicken breasts & cooking wine, which made it sooo salty, but it was still good. So I made it, with mushrooms (baby bella, cuz cremini weren't available), skinless, boneless thighs and using Pinot Noir for the red wine. I was out of bacon, so made it without, and I used fresh minced garlic in place of the jarred. Sooooo good (and easy)!!! DH ate two big helpings and nearly licked the crock pot clean. ;)
Provided by rstu2760
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Coat the inside of a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker pot with cooking spray.
- Combine the wine, tomato paste, flour, herbes, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the chicken, onions, mushrooms, bacon, and garlic. Stir to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cover and cook the chicken on LOW heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Note: Can be cooked on the HIGH setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535.9, Fat 16.5, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 249.3, Sodium 1664.5, Carbohydrate 20, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 7.4, Protein 64.4
More about "crock pot coq au vin chicken in white wine recipes"
RECIPE: SIMPLE SLOW COOKER COQ AU VIN | WHOLE FOODS …
Servings 4-6Calories 430 per servingTotal Time 6 hrs 20 mins
SLOW COOKER COQ AU VIN RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
5/5 (8)Total Time 6 hrs 30 minsServings 6Calories 344 per serving
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium, stirring occasionally, until crispy and fat has rendered, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker using a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in skillet. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and the pepper. Cook chicken, skin side down, until skin is golden brown and crispy, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; reserve drippings in skillet. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly darkened, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet, until reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Pour into slow cooker.
- Stir broth, thyme sprigs, and remaining ¾ teaspoon salt into slow cooker. Arrange chicken, skin side up, on top of mixture. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, about 5½ hours. Top with thyme leaves and serve with egg noodles.
COQ AU VIN CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
COQ AU VIN CROCK POT - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
COQ AU VIN CROCK POT RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPE: COQ AU VIN (CROCK POT) - RECIPELINK.COM
RECIPE: COQ AU VIN (CROCK POT) - FOOD NEWS
SLOW-COOKER COQ AU VIN - WILLIAMS SONOMA
CROCK POT COQ AU VIN - RECIPES MANIA
10 BEST CHICKEN COQ AU VIN WITH WHITE WINE RECIPES - …
SLOW COOKER COQ AU VIN - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
10 BEST CROCK POT CHICKEN COQ AU VIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER COQ AU VIN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CROCK POT COQ AU VIN - CHICKEN BRAISED IN WINE RECIPE
COQ AU VIN BLANC (CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE) - VIKALINKA
COQ AU VIN BLANC (CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE ... - PINCH AND SWIRL
CROCK POT COQ AU VIN CHICKEN THIGHS - THERESCIPES.INFO
SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN COQ AU VIN BLANC RECIPE BY MILAGROS CRUZ
CROCK POT COQ AU VIN CHICKEN THIGHS - CREATE THE MOST ...
HOW TO MAKE WHITE WINE COQ AU VIN - COUNTRY LIVING
COQ AU VIN à LA SLOW COOKER RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
COQ AU VIN RECIPE - CHICKEN IN WINE SAUCE
WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN "COQ AU VIN" - FRASER VALLEY ...
BEST CROCK POT COQ AU VIN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
CROCK POT TRADITIONAL STYLE COQ AU VIN RECIPE - CDKITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you cook coq au vin in a crock pot?Easy crock pot coq au vin does take a diminutive bit of effort up-front if you want to develop serious flavor. If you just dump the ingredients into your slow cooker and expect wonderous results, it will still be good.
What is coq au vin blanc?This coq au vin blanc recipe shows a great way of making succulent chicken with mushrooms cooked in white wine and a splash of cream. Cook bacon or pancetta in a tablespoon of olive oil.
Can you cook coq au vin in a Cuisinart cooker?Slow-Cooker Coq au Vin is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 10 . Here, this traditional dish from Burgundy is prepared in a Cuisinart multicooker, which allows you to brown the chicken and then cook it slowly in the same vessel until the meat is exceptionally tender.
How to cook chicken in a crock pot with mushrooms?Put the onion, mushrooms, new-potatoes and garlic in crock pot. Add browned chicken breasts, bacon and green onions, salt, pepper, thyme and chicken broth. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours. Add Burgundy Wine during last hour of cooking.