CROCKPOT BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH RICH GRAVY
Found this on line submitted by kitchen sanctuary. com and when we made it had to agree with what she said: Fall-apart beef served with a rich and meaty red wine gravy. I used boneless beef ribs as that's what was available. We usually stay away from beef ribs as they can be tough, but these were fall apart tender.
Provided by Bonnie G 2
Yield 4 Beef Ribs, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For Beef:.
- Heat the oil on high in a large frying pan Place the short ribs in the pan and brown on all sides. This should take about 10 minutes. Add in the onion and cook for a further 2 minutes, whilst stirring.
- Add in the garlic and heat through for a minute, then add in the red wine. Bring to a bubble and allow to simmer for 3 or 4 minutes, then add in the rest of the short rib ingredients. Bring to the boil, then transfer to the crockpot. Place the lid on and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- For Gravy:.
- To make the gravy, ladle most of the cooking liquid out of the slow cooker and into a saucepan. Heat on a high heat. Mix the cornstarch and water, then slowly pour the mixture into the cooking liquid whilst whisking - until the gravy thickens. You may not need all of the cornstarch. You're looking for a nice gravy of a medium-thick consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131.5, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 806.9, Carbohydrate 11.1, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 3.2, Protein 2.5
SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sear the short ribs on each of the 4 sides for about 60 seconds per side.
- Pour the beef broth, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder into a slow cooker and stir together. Place the short ribs into the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Place rosemary sprig on top of meat and put the lid on. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 2 short ribs, Calories 604 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 65 g, Fat 34 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Cholesterol 195 mg, Sodium 1635 mg, Sugar 1 g
SLOW-COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS
You won't believe how good these ribs are!!! I think we could have these every other night with no complaints! They're YUMMY!!!!
Provided by MizzNezz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Put flour, salt and pepper in a bag.
- Add ribs and shake to coat.
- Brown ribs in butter in a lg skillet.
- Put in slow cooker.
- In same skillet, combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 hours.
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, brown the short ribs, in batches, until they are browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- While the short ribs are browning, place a layer of onion and carrot pieces into the bottom of a slow cooker and season them with salt and pepper. Place the browned meat on top. Add the remaining onions and carrots along with the parsnips and turnips. Tie together the rosemary and thyme with the parsley stems and add them to the pot along with the Worcestershire and mustard. Pour over the stout and add enough water to almost cover the contents. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the meat is very tender.
- To serve, carefully remove the meat and vegetables from the slow cooker. Strain the juices. Serve the ribs with the juice and garnish with chopped parsley leaves.
SLOW-COOKER SHORT RIBS
These slow-cooker short ribs are an easy alternative to traditionally braised short ribs-you don't need to pay any attention to them once you get them in the slow cooker. (That makes it my favorite beef short ribs recipe!) -Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown ribs on all sides; transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots, broth, thyme and bay leaf to ribs., Add onions to the same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 8-9 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender., Remove ribs and vegetables; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Discard thyme and bay leaf. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened; press cancel. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. Serve with ribs and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 412mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
FAST AND EASY SLOW-COOKED SHORT RIBS
- Place short ribs into a slow cooker; top with French onion soup. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Pour chili sauce over exposed parts of ribs; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500.6 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 95.2 mg, Fat 42.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 22.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.9 g, Sodium 549.1 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: bone-in short ribs, baby potato, salt, onion, garlic, baby carrots, green beans, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, cumin, dried oregano, salt
Provided by Niki Ang
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a bowl, mix BBQ sauce, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano, and ½ teaspoon of salt until well combined.
- Place bone-in short ribs in the bottom of a 6-quart (6 liters) slow cooker.
- Add the spice mix over the meat.
- Throw in the baby potatoes and add a pinch of salt, then add onion, garlic, and baby carrots.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 726 calories, Carbohydrate 78 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 49 grams, Sugar 37 grams
SLOW-COOKED SHORT RIBS
Smothered in a mouthwatering barbecue sauce, these meaty ribs are a popular entree wherever I serve them. The recipe is great for a busy cook - after everything is combined, the slow cooker does all the work.-Pam Halfhill, Medina, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add ribs in batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ribs in butter. , Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; pour over ribs. , Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342 calories, Fat 16g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 899mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
SLOW-COOKER BARBECUE BEEF SHORT RIBS
Bone-in beef short ribs are slow cooked in a sweet-and-spicy barbecue sauce for tender, flavorful, fall-off-the-bone meat. Serve this indulgent dinner with extra barbecue sauce and a side of Betty Crocker™ mashed potatoes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Cook ribs in two batches, on all sides 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned. Transfer ribs to slow cooker; discard fat and drippings.
- In small bowl, mix beef broth, 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce and the mustard. Pour over ribs in slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender.
- With slotted spoon or tongs, carefully remove ribs to serving platter. In small microwavable bowl, heat remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce covered on High 30 to 60 seconds or until heated through. Brush ribs with heated barbecue sauce; garnish with sliced green onions. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 730 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1/2 g
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS
Slow-cooked beef short ribs used two ways. Can anyone say 'M'm! M'm! Good'? Put the meat in a hoagie roll and serve with the reserved broth for dipping. Or, moisten with your favorite barbecue sauce and serve on a toasted bun.
Provided by lgmarge
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare a slow cooker crock with cooking spray.
- Spread celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in the bottom of the crock. Season short ribs with salt and pepper; place atop the vegetables. Pour beef consomme and water into the crock.
- Cook on High until the ribs are fork-tender, 5 to 7 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker to a platter. Strain the broth and discard the vegetables.
- Strip meat from the bones of the ribs. Discard bones and transfer meat to a bowl. Shred meat with 2 forks and serve with strained broth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 617.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 116.6 mg, Fat 52.2 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 29.1 g, SaturatedFat 22.1 g, Sodium 289.2 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
SLOW COOKER MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH SHORT RIBS
The name says it all...short ribs become exceedingly tender when slow-cooked in a flavorful combination of French onion soup, ale, garlic, brown sugar and seasonings.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the beef into a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, garlic, thyme and flour and toss to coat. Pour the soup and ale over the beef mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS RECIPE
These Slow Cooker Short Ribs only require five ingredients and can be put together in a matter of minutes. Put them in the slow cooker and let them cook all day and you have dinner ready that evening. This meat is so tender and savory it falls apart with your fork. You are going to love this one.
Provided by Elyse Ellis
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place short ribs in the bottom of slow cooker and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together condensed onion soup and chili sauce. Spoon over the ribs.
- Sprinkle rosemary on top.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 g
More about "crockpot beef short ribs recipes"
10 BEST CROCK POT BEEF SHORT RIBS STEW RECIPES - YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS : A SMALL BATCH RECIPE FOR TWO.
SLOW-COOKED BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE | GORDON RAMSAY …
10 BEST BEEF SHORT RIBS CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
8 CROCKPOT RECIPES FOR FALL-OFF-THE-BONE SHORT RIBS
CROCKPOT BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE WITH CREAMY …
SLOW COOKER BONELESS BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE - THE …
CROCK POT BRAISED SHORT RIBS RECIPE - EASY SLOW COOKER …
SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS | PAULA DEEN
CROCKPOT BEEF SHORT RIBS - BIGOVEN.COM
CROCKPOT BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE - DIYJOY.COM
CROCKPOT BRAISED SHORT RIBS - I AM HOMESTEADER
SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH RICH GRAVY + VIDEO
CROCK-POT SHORT RIBS RECIPE
SLOW COOKER SWEET & SOUR BEEF SHORT RIBS | CLUB HOUSE CA
SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
INSTANT POT (OR CROCKPOT) BEEF SHORT RIBS - 365 DAYS OF SLOW …
CROCKPOT BEEF SHORT RIBS | SHORT RIBS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS RECIPES - BEST OF CROCK
SUPER TENDER CROCKPOT BEEF SHORT RIBS - ERHARDTS EAT
SLOW COOKER ASIAN SHORT RIBS - DAMN DELICIOUS
CROCK POT BEEF RIBS (TENDER AND DELICIOUS) - SOUTHERN PLATE
HOW LONG TO COOK BONELESS BEEF RIBS IN CROCKPOT - COOKING TOM
CROCKPOT SHORT RIBS (BONE-IN) | A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS RECIPE - SHORT RIBS CROCK POT
KETO BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE IN THE CROCKPOT - KASEY TRENUM
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIB BEEF STEW - GOURMET GARDEN
EASY CROCK POT BEEF RIBS RECIPES
TENDER CROCKPOT BRAISED SHORT RIBS - TASTYDONE
BEEF CHUCK SHORT RIBS RECIPE (SLOW COOKER) - BEST BEEF RECIPES
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SLOW COOKER BBQ SHORT RIBS - FAMILY FRESH MEALS
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS | TEXAS BEEF COMPANY
DARK BEER BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS CROCK POT RECIPES
THE MOST INCREDIBLE SLOW COOKER SHORT RIBS - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
You'll also love