CRUNCHY YAM BAKE
This is one of my favorite recipes. The yummy yams are the perfect complement to a holiday ham or turkey and ideal for impressing a potluck crowd. -Marian Moreman of Canyon Country, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place yams in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain yams and place in a large bowl; mash. Stir in the egg substitute, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. , Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Add pecans and brown sugar; cook and stir until sugar is melted. Stir in cereal until coated. Sprinkle over yam mixture. , Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 211mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CRUNCHY SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
Some tasty seasonings like cinnamon and nutmeg and a crunchy corn flake and walnut topping make it easy for even kids to eat their nutritious sweet potatoes. This is a terrific Thanksgiving side dish. -Virginia Slater, West Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375° In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. , Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 5-10 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 573 calories, Fat 31g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 391mg sodium, Carbohydrate 68g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
CRISPY SWEET POTATO BAKE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish.
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash. Measure 3 cups mashed sweet potato and transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat sweet potatoes, brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together with an electric hand mixer in a bowl until smooth and creamy; pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Pour 1/3 cup melted butter over pecans in a bowl; stir to coat. Add flour; stir until combined. Sprinkle pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 569.9 calories, Carbohydrate 47.9 g, Cholesterol 131.4 mg, Fat 40.8 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 18.1 g, Sodium 261.9 mg, Sugar 28.5 g
CRISPY YAM FRIES
Not to be confused with American sweet potatoes, West African yams are large, starchy root vegetables found at most West African, Caribbean or Latin American markets. Check the yams for freshness by pressing down on their skin before purchasing; the root should be firm with no soft spots. The brown skin peels off easily with a sharp knife or vegetable peeler to reveal a stark white flesh. These yams are larger, much starchier, denser and less fibrous than American yams or sweet potatoes. Crispy yam fries are a well-known Nigerian snack and side dish. They can be shallow-fried in oil or baked in the oven for a slightly healthier variation (see Tip). Serve fries warm with some obe ata or your favorite condiment on the side.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Categories dinner, snack, vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high and season generously with salt.
- Fill a large bowl with water. Working quickly to avoid oxidation, slice off the ends of the yam and peel the brown skin. Cut the yam into 3/4-inch-thick rounds and transfer to the bowl. Once sliced and peeled, cut each piece into 1/2-inch-wide matchsticks, slicing a few rounds at a time and transferring matchsticks back to the water. (You should get about 5 to 8 sticks per piece.)
- Working in batches, drop the matchsticks into the simmering water and blanch for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the hot water and transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet to drain. Repeat the blanching and draining process for the remaining matchsticks.
- Fill a large skillet with 1 inch of canola oil. (You'll need about 4 cups for a 10-inch skillet.) Heat the oil over medium-high until it registers 350 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Working in two or three batches to avoid crowding, and replenishing the oil as needed, fry the yam matchsticks, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on a baking sheet set with paper towels or a rack. Season the fries with salt.
- Serve fries warm, with some obe ata or your preferred condiment for dipping.
CRISPY SWEET POTATO WEDGES
Baked sweet potato wedges are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. These are seasoned with a smoky, spicy blend that will have everybody coming back for more! Great thing about this recipe is you can adjust the seasoning to your desire. You want to add minced garlic, go ahead! You want these bad boys spicier, go for it!
Provided by Plant Based Life
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, cornstarch, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 3 wedges. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Add spice mixture and stir with a rubber spatula or your hands until potatoes are completely coated. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the thickest parts of potato wedges are easily pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.4 calories, Carbohydrate 26.2 g, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 204.3 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
More about "crunchy yam bake recipes"
CRISPY OVEN BAKED YAM FRIES BEST RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES - KITCHN
BAKED CANDIED YAMS - SOUL FOOD STYLE! | I HEART RECIPES
FLAKY YAM MOONCAKE | WHISK & FOLD
EASY SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH CRUNCHY TOPPING
CRISPY ROASTED ROSEMARY SWEET POTATOES - THE COMFORT OF COOKING
OVEN BAKED CRISPY AFRICAN YAM · EAT WELL ABI
CRUNCHY YAM BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
CRUNCHY YAM BAKE RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
CRUNCHY YAM BAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CRUNCHY YAM BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CRUNCHY YAM BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
MY SIMPLE HACK FOR CRISPY ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
CRISPY OVEN BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES - CURRYTRAIL
23 YAM RECIPES WE CAN’T RESIST - INSANELY GOOD
EXTRA CRISPY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES - LAYERS OF HAPPINESS
CRISPY BAKED YAMS - COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL
CRUNCHY YAM BAKE RECIPE
CRUNCHY SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4 WAYS TO BAKE A YAM - WIKIHOW
ROASTED SWEET POTATO ROUNDS ⋆ EASY BAKED CRISPY SWEET POTATO …
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED YAM RECIPE - COPYWRITERS' KITCHEN
CRISPY ROASTED SWEET POTATOES - THE CULINARY COMPASS
SWEET YAM CASSEROLE WITH CRUNCHY PECAN TOPPING RECIPE
BAKED SWEET POTATO - HOW TO BAKE SWEET POTATOES - RASA MALAYSIA
YAM BAKE RECIPE
CRUNCHY BAKE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
11 POPULAR YAM RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
CRISPY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES - COOKIE AND KATE
CRISPY SWEET POTATO BAKE RECIPE - TODAY
CRUNCHY YAM BAKE | RECIPE | RECIPES, SWEET POTATO RECIPES …
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT BAKED YAMS | CRISPY CARAMELIZED SWEET …
BAKED CANDIED YAMS - SOUL FOOD STYLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EXTRA CRISPY SWEET POTATO WEDGES - BAKER BY NATURE
CRISPY YAM FRIES RECIPES
YAM CASSEROLE WITH CRUNCHY TOPPING - REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM
BAKED YAM CHIPS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
RECIPE INDEX - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
CRISPY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
CRUNCHY YAM BAKE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BAKED YAMS RECIPE FOR THANKSGIVING | Creamy and crispy on top!65 views-06:21
Crispy yam and plantain with pepper sauce recipe84 views-10:19
Classic Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe10K views-01:24
HOW TO FRY YAM CHIPS PERFECTLY // CRUNCHY & FLUFFY✔️ Ghana Street Food86K views-06:22
Golden Crispy Yam Prawn Recipe 芋头虾 (My Little Kitchen)38K views-05:16
How to make Crispy Yam Chips | Yam Chips Recipe8K views-05:53
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are baked yams?From sweet candied yams, to creamy mashed yams and crispy fries, yams truly are a versatile vegetable! Whether you call them sweet potatoes or yams, there are a lot of delicious dishes that you can make with this healthy vegetable. Baked yams are a delicious alternative to regular white potatoes.
How to make mashed yams?Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 1 ½ quart-casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Drain the yams and mash well. Drain the pineapple add the juice to the mashed yams. Add the brown sugar and the melted butter and mix well. Stir in the pineapple and the pecans. Spoon mixture into the casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
How long to bake potatoes and yams in oven?Bake for 30 minutes. Place into the oven. Cook until tender or the yams start to crinkle around the edges. Start testing the potatoes when they've been cooking for fifteen minutes. Did you make this recipe?
Can You bake yams on a paleo diet?Method 1 Baking a Basic Baked Yam or Sweet Potato. You can drizzle vegetable or olive oil on the yams if you choose. Rub the oil evenly over the skins. For a paleo or clean eating variation, coat the sweet potatoes or yams in coconut oil.