I always get requests for the recipe for these canapes whenever I serve them. They're delicate finger sandwiches with a creamy herb spread and festive red and green garnishes. -Nadine Whittaker, South Plymouth, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion, chives, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings. Cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. , Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out circles from bread slices. Spread mayonnaise mixture over bread; top with cucumber slices. Garnish with pimientos and dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 134mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
SHRIMP AND CUCUMBER CANAPES
These cute stacks really stand out in a holiday appetizer buffet. Tasty, cool and crunchy, they come together in a snap. -Ashley Nochlin, Port St. Lucie, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For cocktail sauce, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, onion, green pepper, celery and pepper sauce. In another bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining Creole seasoning., Spread or pipe cream cheese mixture onto cucumber slices. Top each with a shrimp and cocktail sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 218mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Lemon, in the form of shredded peel and juice, adds a subtle flavor to these cucumber sandwiches. From "Christmas Cooking From the Heart" by BHG.
Provided by kitty.rock
Yield 24 appetizers, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl combine cucumber, red onion, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and ground black pepper; toss gently to coat.
- If desired, remove crusts from bread slices.
- Cut each bread slice diagonally into quarters (or use 2 to 2 1/2-inch decorative cutters to cut shapes from bread slices).
- Spread butter onto one side of each piece of bread; top each with some of the cucumber mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chives.
- Spoon a little of the sour cream mixture on top of each canape.
- If desired, garnish each canape with additional finely shredded lemon peel.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 hours.
My work group would have a holiday feast each year the week leading up to Christmas. This simple recipe was one that I always enjoyed these because it was something different.
Provided by Chef Shelby
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix together whipped cream cheese and Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix until well blended.
- Spread mixture onto each piece of cocktail rye bread. (adjust the amount of mixture you spread on to your liking. I like the flavor of the mixture so I do put it on a little thicker).
- Then add cucumber slice to the top of each bread. (make sure the cucumber is a bit dry so it won't drip through and moisten the bread).
- Sprinkle dill on top of each cucumber. (It's fine without dill if you don't like the flavor).
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- If making ahead, wait to put the cucumbers on. If they set on the bread overnight, it could possibly make the bread a little soggy).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.2, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 15.6, Sodium 42.5, Carbohydrate 1.3, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.5, Protein 1.2
More about "cucumber canapes recipes"
CUCUMBER CANAPES - MEALTHY.COM
4.5/5 (3)Category AppetizersServings 8Total Time 20 mins
- Remove toasts from oven and cool. Blend cream cheese, shallot, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on toasts. Place 3 or 5 cucumber slices on top of each in a fan formation.
CUCUMBER CANAPéS WITH SMOKED SALMON MOUSSE | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (1)Category Appetizer, Finger Food, Party FoodCuisine WesternCalories 26 per serving
- Place Salmon Mousse ingredients in a food processor. Blitz until completely smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
CUCUMBER CANAPES RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
Total Time 15 mins See details »
CUCUMBER CANAPES | SALADMASTER RECIPES
See details »
10 BEST CUCUMBER CANAPES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
EASY CUCUMBER CANAPES - MY CASUAL PANTRY
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 152 per serving
- Trim the ends off of the cucumber. Peel the cucumber in alternating stripes, if desired. Slice the cucumber into 1/2 inch slices. (One large seedless cucumber should yield about 18-20 slices). Set aside.
- Add the softened cheese to a bowl and stir until smooth. Add to a piping bag fitted with a tip. Pipe the cheese onto each cucumber slice. Top with sun-dried tomato and fresh basil. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Serve.
20 EASY CUCUMBER APPETIZERS - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Published 2021-07-08Category Appetizers, Recipe Roundup
- Dilly Cucumber Bites. Cucumber’s neutral taste pairs perfectly with the saltiness of briny dill pickles in this inventive recipe. Thick slices of cucumber are topped with a rich blend of cream cheese, fresh dill, and tangy pickles.
- Everything Bagel Cucumber Bites. This recipe for diet-friendly and delicious cucumber bites is proof that low-carb doesn’t have to be a chore. Keto-approved and totally yum, they’re made from cucumber slices and a dreamy cream cheese topping.
- Ranch Cucumber Bites. It won’t take long to whip up these elegant ranch-flavored cucumber bites, and they’re perfect for summer soirees. If you’ve ever tried homemade ranch, you’ll know it’s a world away from the generic store-bought kind.
- Mini-Cucumber Sandwiches. If you associate cucumber sandwiches with English tea parties and dinner with royalty, you’re not alone. It’s time to reclaim this refreshing delicacy.
- Spicy Korean Beef and Cucumber Appetizers. Low in fat and high in protein, this heart-healthy recipe is approved by the American Heart Association. But it’s not just healthy, it’s also extremely yummy.
- Avocado Goat Cheese Cucumber Appetizers. So simple to prepare, the hardest part of these fuss-free bites is trying not to eat them all before the guests arrive.
- Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizer Bites. Bright and zesty, these savory salmon bites are a healthy hit. Smoked salmon, lemony cream cheese, and crunchy cukes are a winning combo that’s also gluten-free and full of good fats.
- Cucumber Bruschetta. Bruschetta is a traditional Italian appetizer made from juicy tomatoes on toasted bread. This recipe reimagines the classic Mediterranean favorite with cucumbers subbing in for tomatoes.
- Greek Stuffed Cucumber Bites. Take another trip to Europe with these Greek stuffed apps, full of bright summer flavors. Cut the cucumbers vertically and scoop out the seeds.
- Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Cucumber Appetizers. Prosciutto is a sweet and savory wafer-thin ham. In this recipe, it teams up with cucumber for a crazy delicious snack.
20 EASY CANAPE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Published 2021-06-03Category Appetizers, Recipe Roundup
- Cucumber Canapes. Light and fresh, cucumbers are a great choice when you want a canape that won’t weigh you down. Here, cukes team up with feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh basil.
- Beef and Caramelized Onion Canapes. Juicy roast beef and silky caramelized onions are the perfect pairing. This recipe makes them even better by loading them onto a crusty baguette along with a hint of horseradish.
- Shrimp Canapes. Plump shrimp, fresh herbs, and melty cheese make up this canape. Up your app game with these delightfully different bites. Guests will gobble them up, and the family will fight for more.
- Mushroom Canapes. Have vegetarians coming for dinner? Don’t sweat it. Kick things off with a plate of these yummy mushroom canapes, and everyone will go home happy.
- Goat Cheese Canape. These tangy, fresh goat cheese canapes are a must-try for cheese-lovers, vegetarians, and fussy foodies. Goat’s cheese is whipped together with cream cheese for a rich, silky spread.
- Canapes with Garlic Herb Cream Cheese and Avocado. Flavorful finger food doesn’t get any better than these tiny treats. Herbed cream cheese is infused with garlic and topped with avocado on a slice of sourdough.
- Smoked Salmon Dill Canapes. You’ll need a mini-muffin pan to make these smoked salmon appetizers with a croustade base. What’s a croustade? It’s a bread or pastry crust – made here by pressing brown bread into small muffin moulds and baking until firm.
- Caprese Canapes. If you love Caprese salad, you’ll love this easy recipe that piles the classic Italian favorite onto tiny rounds of crusty bread. It takes about ten minutes to pull these fancy Caprese canapes together.
- Tuna and Egg Canapes. These simple but satisfying canapes are great as an appetizer, but work equally well as a light lunch. Rich in healthy protein, they’re satisfying, nutritious, and very irresistible.
- Roasted Garlic Sun-Dried Tomato Goat Cheese Canapé. This vegetarian recipe delivers a classy canape with complex flavors. The richness of roasted garlic is perfectly balanced with sweet sun-dried tomato and tangy goat’s cheese.
CUCUMBER DILL CANAPé RECIPE | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory Appetizers And Hors D'oeuvresCalories 79 per serving
- To prepare the cucumbers, slice each one into approximately 18 slices -- about 1/4 to 1/2-inches wide -- and place them flat on a cutting surface. Using a 1-3/4-inch round cutter, cut the skin off each cucumber slice.
- Then, using a 1-inch round cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each slice to remove the seeds and create a space for the dill mixture later.
- Wrap the prepared cucumbers in plastic wrap and refrigerate them until you are ready to assemble the canapés. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Remove 4 sprigs of dill and set them aside in the refrigerator for the garnish.
- To make the dill spread, use a food processor to blend the cheese with the butter, mustard, lemon juice, and the remaining dill. Blend until the dill is very finely chopped and the mixture is very smooth. Season generously to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. Blend the mixture one last time to be sure all of the ingredients are incorporated.
CUCUMBER CANAPéS RECIPE
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- First, make the whipped feta. Place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse until the cheeses are mixed. Add the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and turn on the food processor. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream through the tube. Turn off the food processor.
- Place a dollop of whipped feta in the center of each cucumber slice. Top with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve.
CUCUMBER CANAPES WITH SHRIMP APPETIZERS - SUNDAY SUPPER ...
5/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, Appetizer or Snack, Party FoodCalories 26 per serving
- If using pre-cooked shrimp, skip straight to step 3. Before making this cold appetizer recipe you will need to cook and chill the raw shrimp. Place a pan on medium heat and add half a Tbsp. of oil. When the oil is hot, place the shrimp in the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook the shrimp for 1 minute on each side until bright pink.
- Remove from the pan and leave to cool. When completely cool, chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a vegetable peeler to roughly peel the cucumbers. This doesn't have to be perfect; a few strips of green skin left behind can add a nice effect to the finished shrimp hors d'oeures.
- Slice off and discard either end of the cucumbers then cut up into inch thick pieces. Each piece will become a cucumber canape cup.
21 EASY CANAPéS RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
Ratings 76Published 2021-10-02
- Roasted Garlic Canape with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato. We love the intense flavor of sun-dried tomatoes, and when you pair this up with goat cheese, garlic powder, and fresh basil, you have an appetizer that your guests will love.
- Goat Cheese Canape. Sometimes, it’s nice to have finger food like canapes for dessert. When you’re craving some sweetness, try these decadent goat cheese canapes with honey and walnuts.
- Apricot and Goat Cheese Canapes. We love the idea of using crisp fruit as the base for canapes. Why not try apricots? The apricot flavor is incredible in this sweet little appetizer and the goat cheese offers the perfect amount of creaminess.
- Beet Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Basil. Remember the beets our grandmothers fed us when we were growing up? Well, beets have grown up a lot, too, and these antioxidant-rich beets are nothing like those that were served to frowns all around the table back in the day.
- Cranberry Brie Puffs. When you’re trying to get creative and think up great holiday appetizers, you can’t go wrong with anything that has cranberries in it.
- Cucumber Canapes. What’s cool as can be? A cucumber, of course. This delicate little cucumber canape recipe is easy to make and only has five simple ingredients that you probably already have.
- Canapes with Egg and Chives. Do you have some garlic mayo in your fridge? If not, you may want to rush out and buy some because garlic mayo is the secret ingredient in these savory little egg and chives canapes.
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta. Are there people out there who don’t adore bruschetta? We’ve not met them! Bruschetta is one of the most well-known and popular canapes in the world, and with good reason.
- Canapes with Garlic Herb Cream Cheese and Avocado. Is there anything that avocado doesn’t take to new heights? You will absolutely adore these canapes for crostini and tea sandwiches.
- Salami and Cream Cheese Bites. It’s so easy to take some salami and roll it up with creamy cheese and herbs. When you do this, you have the perfect little appetizer that is chock-full of flavor.
HEALTHY CUCUMBER CANAPES WITH WHIPPED FETA - IT'S A VEG ...
Ratings 1Category AppetizerCuisine American, FrenchTotal Time 20 mins
- In a blender, combine the feta cheese, yogurt, garlic, and dill. Blend until smooth, adding a dash of water as needed to promote blending. Pour the whipped feta into a plastic bag. Seal the bag and use scissors to cut off a small piece from one of the bag's bottom corners. This will create a makeshift piping bag. Squeeze a small amount of the whipped feta onto each cucumber slice.
CUCUMBER SANDWICHES - CUCUMBER CANAPES - EASY FINGER ...
4.6/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 40 per serving
- Using a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter, make 40 small circles from the bread. You can use the leftover pieces for stuffing or allow them to dry and food process them into bread crumbs. You can also make croutons! Set your bread pieces aside.
- In the bowl of a large stand mixer or a medium mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, fine sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
CUCUMBER CANAPéS WITH SHRIMP RECIPES | URBAN BLISS LIFE
Reviews 16Total Time 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, carefully scoop out the center of each cucumber piece, taking care not to scoop through to the bottom.
CUCUMBER HUMMUS CANAPé [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE] - ONE GREEN …
Servings 10 See details »
CUCUMBER CANAPéS - TEATIME MAGAZINE
Cuisine YieldEstimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
3 TWISTS ON CUCUMBER CANAPéS | HOLLEY GRAINGER
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
COOL CUCUMBER RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE ALL SUMMER LONG ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
CUCUMBER CANAPES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Servings 24Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 120 per serving See details »
SHRIMP AND CUCUMBER CANAPéS | IGA RECIPES | BELL PEPPERS ...
See details »
10 BEST CUCUMBER CREAM CHEESE CANAPE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
10 BEST CUCUMBER CANAPES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CUCUMBER CANAPES - A STEP BY STEP RECIPE WITH A PHOTO ...
See details »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #appetizers #vegetables #american #easy #no-cook #inexpensive #3-steps-or-less #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make cucumber canapes?In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion, chives, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings. Cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out circles from bread slices. Spread mayonnaise mixture over bread; top with cucumber slices.
What are some good recipes to make Canape?This list of 20 canape recipes includes vegetarian bites, gluten-free nibbles, and low-carb snacks. If you like the sound of tangy goat cheese canapes, pear and pancetta crisps, or cranberry brie puffs read on. Let’s get canape crazy! 1. Cucumber Canapes Light and fresh, cucumbers are a great choice when you want a canape that won’t weigh you down.
What to add to salmon canapes with cucumber?The filling makes a terrific “formula” to make your own variations of Cucumber Canapes. Switch the salmon and dill with things like sun dried tomato and chives, or olives and shallots, artichoke and spinach. I’ve popped some ideas in the recipe notes.
How to make cucumber and blue cheese canapes?Arrange the cucumber slices on a large platter. Top each cucumber slice with some of the cheese mixture – you can pipe it on if you want a professional finish. Top half with a grape and sliver of pecan, and the remainder with pomegranate seeds and thyme. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Will keep in the fridge for up to one day.