CURRIED COUSCOUS WITH SPINACH AND CHICKPEAS
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, sun-dried tomato, dill, and garlic; cook and stir until onions start to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, increase heat to medium high, and cook until spinach begins to wilt, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in sherry and cook until most liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, cayenne pepper, chickpeas, and 1 cup of the vegetable broth; cook for about 5 minutes. Add remaining broth and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in couscous, and cover until couscous absorbs all the liquid, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.2 calories, Carbohydrate 74.6 g, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 14.7 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 666.4 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
CURRIED COUSCOUS, SPINACH, AND CHICKPEA WRAP
A totally yummy veggie wrap that is very filling. Something different for brown-bagging it. I keep the filling, spinach, and spreads separate and assemble at work. Just need a refrigerator to keep cool.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Toast the chopped walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 2-4 minutes; set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add in the onion and ginger; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add in the curry and garlic; continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes (don't let the garlic get brown); remove from heat.
- Add in the chickpeas, couscous, salt, and 1 cup boiling water; stir.
- Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Fluff couscous with a fork; add in walnuts and stir to combine.
- Lay out the tortillas; spread about 1 tablespoon chutney and 2 tablespoons yogurt over each tortilla.
- Cover each tortilla with about 5 spinach leaves.
- Spoon 1/4 of the couscous mixture onto each tortilla in a thick horizontal strip across the bottom third (leave about 1/2 inch border from the sides of the tortilla).
- Wrap up burrito-style (fold in the sides of the tortilla, then roll up bottom to top).
- Cut in half on the bias and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 1.8, Sodium 1161.9, Carbohydrate 85.3, Fiber 9.3, Sugar 5.6, Protein 17.8
CURRIED CHICKPEAS AND SPINACH
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, serrano pepper and curry powder and continue cooking, 1 minute; set aside.
- Combine the chickpeas and their liquid, spinach, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, 3/4 teaspoon salt and the cooked onion mixture in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high, 3 1/2 hours. Scatter the cheese over the vegetabls, cover and cook 30 more minutes. Serve with naan.
ONE-POT CURRIED CAULIFLOWER WITH COUSCOUS AND CHICKPEAS
This warming vegetarian one-pot stew comes together fast, thanks to quick-cooking split lentils and pearled couscous, along with protein-packed canned chickpeas. Finish it off with an array of toppings, including a tangy lime-yogurt sauce, crunchy sliced almonds, and fresh herbs.
Provided by Katherine Sacks
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to brown and soften, 5-8 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and cook, stirring, until onion and cauliflower are cooked through, 5-7 minutes more. Add curry powder, salt, and cumin. Cook, stirring, until spices are toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Add chickpeas, couscous, and lentils, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally to avoid couscous from sticking, until couscous and lentils are cooked through and liquid is almost completely reduced to a thick sauce, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, juice 1 lime to yield 3 Tbsp. juice. Whisk lime juice, yogurt, and 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro in a medium bowl until smooth. Add water by the tablespoonful until sauce is thin enough to drizzle. Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- Fold spinach into chickpea mixture. Top with cilantro leaves and almonds, if using, and serve yogurt sauce and lime wedges alongside.
- Do Ahead
- Stew (without spinach) can be made 3 days ahead; cover and chill. Reheat and fold in spinach before serving.
CURRIED COUSCOUS WITH CHICKPEAS
This makes a great lunch or snack and is low-fat. Great for bringing to work or school and can be eaten hot or cold. I like it with Braggs sprinkled on top (but I'm known to add braggs to any rice or couscous dish for extra flavour!). Could also add some cooked chicken to make a main dish, maybe with a side green salad or additional steamed veggies.
Provided by thepurpleturtle
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large pot, cook onion, red pepper and garlic in the olive oil over medium low heat until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, peas, corn and spices and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, increase heat and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat and let sit for 6 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately or pack for tomorrow's lunch!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537.4, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 857.2, Carbohydrate 101.2, Fiber 13.2, Sugar 6.8, Protein 20.1
CURRIED ISRAELI COUSCOUS
This is a great way to serve your delicious main dish protein. The large-size Israeli pearl couscous is perfect for soaking up sauce and has enough flavor to enhance any protein. Serve under fish, chicken, beef, or vegetarian proteins.
Provided by FrackFamily5 CA->CT
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bouillon cubes, curry powder, and oregano. Cook, breaking up bouillon cubes, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add couscous and mix thoroughly.
- Add water to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring frequently, until couscous is soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174 calories, Carbohydrate 29.7 g, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 8.8 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
More about "curried couscous spinach and chickpea wrap recipes"
CURRIED CHICKPEA WRAP - FIX ME A LITTLE LUNCH
CURRIED CHICKPEA LETTUCE WRAPS (VEGAN) - LOVE FOOD NOURISH
CURRIED CHICKPEAS ZUCCHINI COUSCOUS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CURRIED CHICKPEAS AND SPINACH - BITES FOR FOODIES
CURRIED COUSCOUS SPINACH AND CHICKPEA WRAP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
COUSCOUS WITH CURRIED CHICKEN AND CHICKPEAS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CURRIED CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH - WITH VIDEO - BUDGET BYTES
COUSCOUS WITH SPANISH SPINACH & CHICKPEAS | EASY ONE-PAN RECIPE
A SERIOUSLY TASTY & HEALTHY DISH | COUSCOUS WITH SPINACH …
CURRIED COUSCOUS, SPINACH, AND CHICKPEA WRAP
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEA CURRY - THERESCIPES.INFO
SIMPLE CURRIED CHICKPEA AND SPINACH SKILLET - THE SECRET INGREDIENT
CURRIED CHICKPEA AND COUSCOUS SCOTCH EGGS - RECIPES | DUALIT
CURRIED CHICKPEA VEGGIE WRAP - CLEAN COOKING WITH CAITLIN
CURRIED CHICKPEA CAULIFLOWER COUSCOUS | JENN MESSINA, RD
CURRIED CHICKPEA AND COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CURRIED CHICKPEA WRAP – EMILIE EATS
CURRIED COUSCOUS, SPINACH, AND CHICKPEA WRAP - PLAIN.RECIPES
10 BEST CHICKPEA WRAP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CURRIED CHICKPEA COUSCOUS RECIPE | BETTER TOGETHER BC
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA WRAPS - MADELEINE SHAW
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH COUSCOUS WITH CASHEWS - VEGKITCHEN
CURRIED CHICKPEA WRAPS - SIMPLY BAKINGS
EASY CHICKPEA WRAPS WITH AVOCADO AND SPINACH - RUNNING ON …
CHANA SAAG RECIPE, SPINACH & CHICKPEA CURRY
CURRIED COUSCOUS WITH SPINACH AND CHICKPEAS | RECIPE | CURRIED …
CURRIED COUSCOUS SALAD - THE DARING GOURMET
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA COUSCOUS | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTO
HEALTHY CURRIED CHICKPEA WRAP RECIPE (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE)
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS - VEGAN - WHERE IS MY SPOON
CURRIED CHICKPEA VEGAN WRAPS - MARATHONS & MOTIVATION
SPINACH WRAP WITH FETA AND CHICKPEAS RECIPE | PLATED CRAVINGS
10 BEST COUSCOUS VEGETABLE WRAP RECIPES - YUMMLY
CURRY CHICKPEA SALAD WRAPS - THREE LITTLE CHICKPEAS
CURRY CHICKPEA SALAD WRAPS - COZY PEACH KITCHEN
CURRIED CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
CURRY CHICKPEA SALAD WRAPS WITH TOASTED COCONUT - FEASTING AT …
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER COUSCOUS WITH CHICKPEAS AND CHARD - A SWEET …
CURRIED CHICKPEA WRAPS - NUTRITIONFACTS.ORG
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chickpeas and spinach together?Add spinach and chickpeas. Stir, allowing the spinach to wilt. Taste, and adjust any seasonings if needed. In the meantime, lightly toast the cashews in a small pan on the stove top. Spread the nuts out in an even layer and heat over medium, shaking often – don't overcrowd.
How to cook couscous and Curry in a crock pot?Directions. Pour in sherry and cook until most liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, cayenne pepper, chickpeas, and 1 cup of the vegetable broth; cook for about 5 minutes. Add remaining broth and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in couscous, and cover until couscous absorbs all the liquid, 5 to 10 minutes.
How do you serve couscous with chickpeas?To serve, spoon the couscous into a shallow bowl, then spoon the chickpea and spinach mix over the top. Top with toasted cashews and serve at once.
How to cook couscous in a pan?Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add your couscous, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Remove lid, fluff up the couscous using a fork. Set aside. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes.