DEEP FRIED MUSHROOMS
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and garlic salt. Mix in egg and water until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Test to see if oil is hot by frying a drop of batter. If it sizzles and floats to the top, the oil is ready.
- Dip mushrooms into the batter and then place in the hot oil. Fry a few at a time so they are not crowded, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.3 calories, Carbohydrate 13.9 g, Cholesterol 23.3 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 239.3 mg, Sugar 1 g
GARLIC-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND MUSHROOMS
When it's no longer winter but not quite spring, a savory stovetop braise, served over rustic grains like farro, makes a comforting weeknight meal. Braised garlic is a sweet counterpart to briny olives, earthy mushrooms, and succulent chicken. Simmering it all in stock will enrich the flavors.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat a large straight-sided skillet (about 12 inches) over medium-high heat. While it's heating, season chicken with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and swirl. Add chicken, skin side down. Let brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan, followed by garlic and mushrooms; let brown, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add wine to mushrooms and garlic and bring to a boil, then cook for 1 minute. Return chicken to pan.
- Add olives and chicken stock to pan; bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover; simmer until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409 g, Fat 20 g
CHICKEN FRIED MUSHROOM PO'BOY
A New Orleans po'boy is traditionally loaded with fresh seafood from the coast and sandwiched between a soft French-style loaf. In this version, we kept the classic fixings, such as sliced tomato, finely shredded lettuce and a generous drizzle of homemade remoulade sauce. But we swapped in wild mushrooms that are "chicken fried" - coated in a shaggy buttermilk and seasoned flour batter, then deep fried to golden perfection, giving you a hearty vegetarian alternative to the beloved sandwich. We opted for maitake and oyster mushrooms because they hold the batter well and fry up crispy, but a variety of mushrooms would work well for this recipe.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the remoulade sauce: Whisk together the mayonnaise, pickles, mustard, ketchup, hot sauce, onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper in a small bowl until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the po'boys: Trim the mushrooms into bite-size pieces (roughly 2 inches; any smaller will make the breading process more tedious). Maitake and oyster mushrooms can be sliced/torn lengthwise, while shiitake and cremini mushrooms are best quartered.
- Pour the buttermilk and hot sauce into a shallow baking dish and whisk to combine. Add the mushrooms, then toss until evenly coated. Marinate at room temperature until well-seasoned, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the buttermilk marinade to make shaggy clumps.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable or canola oil in a large pot over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer registers 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels for draining.
- Dip the mushrooms first in the flour mixture, turning to coat, then back in the marinade. Then dip again in the flour to coat with the clumpy bits; transfer to a plate. Working in batches, fry the mushrooms, flipping occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mushrooms to the lined baking sheet and season with a pinch of salt.
- Lay the sliced tomato on the bottoms of the sub rolls, then top with the mushrooms. Drizzle the remoulade sauce over the mushrooms, top with shredded lettuce, sandwich together and serve.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH BLACK OLIVES
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine garlic, sage and pepper in small bowl. Brush chicken with oil. Sprinkle with garlic mixture. Place in baking pan. Bake chicken 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Add olives to pan. Pour wine over chicken. Continue baking until juices run clear when chicken is pierced in thickest part of thigh and legs can be moved easily, basting chicken with pan juices, about 40 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter. Surround with olives using slotted spoon. Degrease pan juices. Pour juices over chicken and serve.
More about "deep fried mushroom black olive chicken recipes"
10 BEST OUTBACK FRIED MUSHROOMS RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
10 BEST DEEP FRIED GARLIC MUSHROOM RECIPES - YUMMLY
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
PAN-FRIED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS (MARTHA STEWART)
BUTTERMILK FRIED MUSHROOMS (VEGETARIAN FRIED "CHICKEN
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND MUSHROOMS - TEASPOON …
FRIED MUSHROOMS RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES & MUSHROOMS - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
4.6/5 (28)Calories 679 per servingCategory Meal
QUICK MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN WITH OLIVES RECIPE (30 MINUTES RECIPE)
TASTY MUSHROOM OLIVE STEWED CHICKEN. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH MUSHROOMS & BLACK OLIVES (TUSCAN CACCIATORE ...
20 RECIPES THAT USE A CAN OF BLACK OLIVES | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN SUPREME WITH BLACK OLIVES - CALIFORNIA RIPE OLIVES
BLACK OLIVE CHICKEN MUSHROOM - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
10 BEST DEEP FRIED GARLIC MUSHROOM RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHICKEN-FRIED MUSHROOMS & GRAVY - PUNCHFORK
FRIED RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN OF THE WOODS MUSHROOM RECIPE - CHEF
DEEP FRIED CHICKEN OF THE WOODS RECIPE - EDIBLE WILD FOOD
GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
MUSHROOM AND OLIVE STEWED CHICKEN RECIPE - SIDECHEF
FRIED OYSTER MUSHROOMS THAT MIGHT MAKE YOU FORGET CHICKEN
COPYCAT LOGANS ROADHOUSE FRIED MUSHROOMS - COPYKAT RECIPES
BEST CHICKEN-FRIED MUSHROOMS - VEGAN CHICKEN FRIED STEAK - DELISH
DEEP FRIED MUSHROOM & BLACK OLIVE CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
FRIED OYSTER MUSHROOMS CHICKEN - GIVE RECIPE
SKILLET CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS & OLIVES - MOUNTAIN CRAVINGS
FRIED OYSTER MUSHROOMS - THE HIDDEN VEGGIES
VEGAN CHICKEN FRIED MUSHROOMS - CEARA'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN, OLIVE, AND MUSHROOM ORECCHIETTE | RICARDO
DEEP FRIED MUSHROOM & BLACK OLIVE CHICKEN RECIPE
FAT RONNIE'S DEEP FRIED FRESH MUSHROOMS - COPYKAT RECIPES
CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - LEVANA …
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE FRIED MUSHROOMS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BLACKENED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
FRIED OYSTER MUSHROOMS (VEGAN FRIED CHICKEN) - COOKING WITH AYEH
DEEP FRIED MUSHROOM BLACK OLIVE CHICKEN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook mushrooms in a deep fryer?Heat cooking oil in deep fryer. Dip mushrooms in batter and drop in hot oil. Cook a few minutes until nicely browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to a wire rack with paper towels beneath it to catch the oil drips. Repeat with remaining mushrooms until all are fried.
What is the best way to cook buttermilk fried mushrooms?This Buttermilk Fried Mushrooms recipe is about to revolutionize your vegetarian cooking. With fried oyster mushrooms and a crunchy coating, it tastes just like fried chicken! Marinate: Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 C). Clean mushrooms then toss together with buttermilk in a large bowl.
What is the best way to cook mushrooms?Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Put oil in a 1 cup measure and add water to the 3/4 cup mark. Make well in centre of dry ingredients and pour in the water-oil mixture. Stir together, adding as much of the remaining 1/4 cup of water as you need to make a batter of the correct consistency to coat the mushrooms. Stir until smooth.